PDA

View Full Version : hey blake...

rjv
08-30-2013, 11:32 AM
(and brasky, and all of you other tech posters) i'll be at the cibolo steele game tonight so i'll have a chance to check out justin Stockton (the RB that committed to tech). there's supposed to be a DL that has also committed to tech but i can't remember his name. i'll let you know how he does. he's supposed to have a monster year (dude runs a 4.2)

Blake
08-30-2013, 04:51 PM
Cool. I guess Kingsbury hire of Cibolo's HC is paying off

TheTruth
08-30-2013, 08:25 PM
(and brasky, and all of you other tech posters) i'll be at the cibolo steele game tonight so i'll have a chance to check out justin Stockton (the RB that committed to tech). there's supposed to be a DL that has also committed to tech but i can't remember his name. i'll let you know how he does. he's supposed to have a monster year (dude runs a 4.2)

OG Deionte Noel is the other Tech commit

rjv
09-01-2013, 09:46 AM
thanks truth. from what i saw of stockton, it's a mixed bag. he lacks upper body strength and has difficulty running between the tackles. but he is blazing fast. if he can get to the outside no one is going to catch him. he had a total of 170 yards rushing and two 2 TDs (one of them on a 75 yard run and another of about 45). he has pretty good hands too. i can see him for now being a solid situation back for tech.

Blake
09-01-2013, 10:40 AM
He sounds like another Jakeem Grant

FkLA
09-01-2013, 10:47 PM
Said when Kingsbury made the hire that it would pay dividends in recruiting SA. wish Coker wouldve brought him over instead. Probably still wouldn't have landed Steele's top recruits but it couldn't have hurt our chances.

rjv
09-01-2013, 10:48 PM
edit: he had 190 yards and it was an 83 yd TD run

rjv
09-01-2013, 10:52 PM
Said when Kingsbury made the hire that it would pay dividends in recruiting SA. wish Coker wouldve brought him over instead. Probably still wouldn't have landed Steele's top recruits but it couldn't have hurt our chances.
there is a lot of local talent to be found at steele, madison, judson, brennan, smithson valley, wagner, brandeis, o'connor...hopefully coker can cash in on some of these kids. traditionally, the bigger colleges still tend to look past SA although that tend seems to be changing.

Spur|n|Austin
09-03-2013, 10:34 AM
Thanks for the insight :tu

Blake
09-03-2013, 01:28 PM
edit: he had 190 yards and it was an 83 yd TD run

Sounds like it was a helluva game.

Tech commit WR Byron Daniels caught the game winner for Madison

rjv
09-08-2013, 01:24 PM
for his 2nd game, stockton piled off 213 yds and 5 TDs against the same judson defense that shut out lake travis in the 2nd half last week. on the first play from scrimmage he went 80 yards for a score. as i said, once he gets outside you ain't gonna catch him. he also did a better job of running between the tackles this week.

Blake
09-08-2013, 02:23 PM
Nice. I'm guessing his size is keeping him from being four star.

rjv
09-08-2013, 02:38 PM
Nice. I'm guessing his size is keeping him from being four star.
tfloss or chronic will probably know more about this but i always assumed that the stars are based on the number of and which colleges are recruiting a player. i've always thought that SA still gets ignored in favor of the houston and dallas areas. but i would imagine his size may be impacting his recruitment or the assumption that his verbal to tech is solid by virtue of having the opportunity to play for his ex-coach.

Blake
09-08-2013, 04:10 PM
tfloss or chronic will probably know more about this but i always assumed that the stars are based on the number of and which colleges are recruiting a player. i've always thought that SA still gets ignored in favor of the houston and dallas areas. but i would imagine his size may be impacting his recruitment or the assumption that his verbal to tech is solid by virtue of having the opportunity to play for his ex-coach.

pretty sure it's loosely based on camp showings, numbers, physical traits + strength of opponents.

i have seen a mysterious star added or deducted depending on if a major school steps in or out of the picture.

Blake
09-08-2013, 04:18 PM
http://www.rivals.com/aboutrankings.asp?Sport=1

rjv
09-13-2013, 06:11 PM
in case you wanted some footage of the tech recruits (including Stockton) you can see some here: http://www.kmys.tv/newsroom/sports/tnl/schedule/videos/vid_3.shtml it was a blowout however so he got limited action but on one of his TDs (1st quarter) you can see the speed he has.

rjv
09-21-2013, 10:25 AM
last night, stockton was an absolute beast. 283 yards on 16 carries and 4 TDs against austin westlake. he showed great moves in the open field, is running better between the tackles and had some runs where he left the westlake defense in the dust.

Blake
09-21-2013, 12:15 PM
Sweet.

I doubt Tech will ever have him run between the tackles, but that's still good stuff

Blake
09-21-2013, 12:55 PM
Top ranked Madison got their asses kicked by Smithson Valley which no doubt will move to #1.

At least WR Byron Daniels still scored a TD.

rjv
09-23-2013, 12:50 PM
Top ranked Madison got their asses kicked by Smithson Valley which no doubt will move to #1.

At least WR Byron Daniels still scored a TD.
yeah- I saw some of that game. Daniels still made some great catches and looked like the best athlete out there. I was surprised, though, about how much better the SV quarterback looked than Ennis from Madison.

Blake
11-18-2013, 11:30 AM
rjv

You going to the Reagan/Steele game?

lol Stockton averaging 12 yards a carry on the year.

rjv
11-18-2013, 12:30 PM
rjv

You going to the Reagan/Steele game?

lol Stockton averaging 12 yards a carry on the year.

yeah i'm going and that should be a good one. i went to the clark game and stockton just dominated. it will be interesting to see if reagan can stop him. steele has some other threats so they might use stockton as bait. he could have been close to 3000 yards this year if steele didn't have so many blow outs. that kid is just fast, fast, fast. the big concern for steele in the reagan game will be the defense. they are good on that side but have weaknesses that reagan could expose.

rjv
11-27-2013, 01:10 PM
by the way, blake, i went to the game and stockton was just damn good. he broke for a 75 yard run on the first play from scrimmage and wound up with almost 250 yards rushing and 4 TDs. he plays big in big games.

Fabbs
11-28-2013, 12:50 AM
http://partners.visitrenotahoe.com/assets/116/extm62_lg.jpg

Blake
12-13-2013, 04:28 PM
Crazy playoff game between Steele/Johnson. Gutsy call to go for two for Steele that failed.

Stockton was his usual 200 total yard self.

Sisk
12-13-2013, 04:30 PM
Katy is going to slaughter Johnson.

rjv
01-01-2014, 08:08 PM
nice game by steele's tommy armstrong today with the win against georgia. he was the starting QB when steele won state in 2010.

rjv
01-05-2014, 12:21 PM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/high_school/high_school_football/article/Steele-s-Stockton-in-spotlight-with-five-5115156.php

i still think he should have been an invite to the army all-american bowl instead

Bill Brasky
01-05-2014, 10:41 PM
(and brasky, and all of you other tech posters)

http://i.imgur.com/hmOYPIO.gif

rjv
01-06-2014, 01:22 PM
^^^ but of course

Blake
01-16-2014, 05:50 PM
" The Steele High senior scored five touchdowns — three on kickoff returns — in the S.A. Sports All-Star Football Game to help the city's East All-Stars defeat the West 53-35 in front of 8,211 fans.After Stockton's first kickoff return for a touchdown, the West All-Stars began kicking away from him. No problem. The Red Raider commit scored his next two on reverses."

http://m.mysanantonio.com/sports/high_school/high_school_football/article/Steele-s-Stockton-in-spotlight-with-five-5115156.php

Scout bumped him up to four stars.

I need to see him sign on the dotted line though before i get aroused.

rjv
01-16-2014, 07:01 PM
" The Steele High senior scored five touchdowns — three on kickoff returns — in the S.A. Sports All-Star Football Game to help the city's East All-Stars defeat the West 53-35 in front of 8,211 fans.After Stockton's first kickoff return for a touchdown, the West All-Stars began kicking away from him. No problem. The Red Raider commit scored his next two on reverses."

http://m.mysanantonio.com/sports/high_school/high_school_football/article/Steele-s-Stockton-in-spotlight-with-five-5115156.php

Scout bumped him up to four stars.

I need to see him sign on the dotted line though before i get aroused.

i'm fairly certain it's a solid. i've met the kid and he is as genuine, respectful and humble a kid you'll ever meet. plus, he is loyal to jinks, his coach for the three years before this last one. nice to see him get the rating he deserved. he's the fastest kid i've ever seen play at the high school level. not great between the tackles but blazing fast.

Blake
01-16-2014, 07:08 PM
Yeah, in his quotes he sounds locked in to Tech, but you never really know until they sign.