PDA

View Full Version : Tim Duncan's Off Season

outmap
08-31-2013, 08:10 PM
http://micohaliliblogs.blogspot.com/2013/08/tim-duncan-and-gregg-popovich-getting.html

We know Tim has been working out with Roy Hibbert and some other players. What I didn't know was he's also been boxing and seems to be in excellent shape for someone who is in his late thirties. I'm very much looking forward to what Tim will do next season, he doesn't seem to be slowing down. :lobt2:

dbreiden83080
09-01-2013, 07:00 AM
seems to be in excellent shape for someone who is in his late thirties.

He's in great shape for anyone at any age..

ThaBigFundamental21
09-01-2013, 10:10 AM
Awesome!

MolaMola790
09-01-2013, 10:54 AM
Timmy is looking ripped

spurs10
09-01-2013, 12:38 PM
Tim is the consumate pro! We are very lucky as Spurs fans. He has always reminded my of Ali as an athlete anyway. It might not loo like he's doing a lot, but next thing you know the opponent is out for the count! :ihit

Sean Cagney
09-01-2013, 12:50 PM
Tim is the consumate pro! We are very lucky as Spurs fans. He has always reminded my of Ali as an athlete anyway. It might not loo like he's doing a lot, but next thing you know the opponent is out for the count! :ihit

Vash StampedE
09-01-2013, 01:20 PM
^:lol

Spur|n|Austin
09-01-2013, 01:56 PM
Cool to see Pop getting a boxing workout in too.

Skull-1
09-01-2013, 02:57 PM
Can someone please page Manu and show him Duncan's work ethic? Tim isn't saying "oh well" after that loss....

Axegrinder
09-01-2013, 03:00 PM
I paged Manu and he told me to tell you, Oh well

Skull-1
09-01-2013, 09:05 PM
I paged Manu and he told me to tell you, Oh well

LMAO! :toast

racm
09-01-2013, 10:20 PM
Duncan will likely make First Team over Howard next season IMO

Thomas82
09-02-2013, 12:36 AM
Duncan will likely make First Team over Howard next season IMO

I see him having an even better year this year.

xmas1997
09-02-2013, 11:16 AM
Boxing is an excellent way to stay in shape.
But is he planning to be an enforcer in the twilight of his career?

ohmwrecker
09-02-2013, 01:00 PM
Can someone please page Manu and show him Duncan's work ethic? Tim isn't saying "oh well" after that loss....

Work ethic isn't the issue with Manu, you idiot.

Skull-1
09-02-2013, 04:20 PM

Yeah, it is. Among other things.

Leetonidas
09-02-2013, 04:54 PM

It kinda is. Dude hasn't really added anything to his game in years and still plays like he is 26 years old out there. He needs to practice adjusting his game and style because what he's doing now isn't working

Skull-1
09-02-2013, 04:57 PM
It kinda is. Dude hasn't really added anything to his game in years and still plays like he is 26 years old out there. He needs to practice adjusting his game and style because what he's doing now isn't working

:toast

UZER
09-02-2013, 05:15 PM

was gonna say the same thing. He needs to work in adjusting his game.

outmap
09-02-2013, 08:13 PM

I don't think he plans to be an enforcer. Boxing is great cross-training for basketball as it improves endurance and stamina, it also benefits your core strength and balance without losing speed and agility.

look_at_g_shred
09-02-2013, 09:29 PM
The perfect work ethic...would love to see him and Kawhi working out.

Jordanobili2320
09-02-2013, 09:31 PM
Great to hear.

barakz21
09-02-2013, 09:42 PM

I agree. I think it was Bynum who said that working out with Freddie Roach really helped him be more "balanced" (although it definitely did nothing to help his knees", and iirc that was right before he had that all star season. And I think it also helps with the footwork too, something that TD's already good at. At the very least, it'll be a practice of sorts for his footwork.

barakz21
09-02-2013, 09:43 PM
I don't think he plans to be an enforcer. Boxing is great cross-training for basketball as it improves endurance and stamina, it also benefits your core strength and balance without losing speed and agility.

Beat me to it. :toast

ohmwrecker
09-03-2013, 03:27 PM
Yeah, it is. Among other things.

Manu's decline is based solely on his style of play which causes him to be injured more often the older he gets. He's always in good shape. He's just not that very athletic. He has gotten by on IQ and quick reflexes. His body is working against him at this point. What do you think he could actually add to his game where he is not hampered by his age and style of play? He's not going to all of a sudden develop a post game. The best case scenario is for him to continue to be in good shape and not be injured. Manu's skill set . . . is pretty limited. It's amazing that he has been as successful as he has been.

Leetonidas
09-03-2013, 05:28 PM
Why couldn't Manu develop a post game? Kobe did after his athleticism started declining. I'm as big a Kobe hater as anyone else here but the guy has constantly worked on his game and added new offensive weapons to his arsenal as his game has become less predicated on his athleticism. Manu needs to do the same. And don't just laugh it off because I'm trying to compare Manu to Kobe, I'm not talking about their individual talent, just that Kobe, like Tim Duncan, has evolved his game as he's gotten older, whereas Ginobili still plays the same as he did 10 years ago. Actually it's almost worse because he started chucking stepback threes which he didn't use to do so much and his shot seems to have fallen off lately.

Skull-1
09-03-2013, 09:01 PM
Exactly. He could facilitate more and chuck up fewer step back threes that clang. That's one adjustment right there.

anakha
09-03-2013, 09:39 PM

7 replies before this became another Ginobili thread. Whee.

xmas1997
09-04-2013, 12:45 PM
I thought this was about TD, not Manu.
I've never seen so many Manu and Pop haters in all my life.
These are probably the same fans who thought he was going to be a bust when he came into the league, and at best just bandwagon Spurs fans.
I guarantee you that he is still DRobs favorite player, and Kobe's too for that matter.
If he is good enough for them, he should be good enough for all you haters out there.
In any case, I respect their opinion far more than I will ever respect the haters!

SpurAddict561
09-05-2013, 09:38 AM
Hopefully he's using Pop and Tiago as the punching bag, so he can beat some sense into Pop and beat some balls into Tiago.

Galileo
09-06-2013, 02:52 PM
add the THREE Timmy!

Poolboy5623
09-06-2013, 04:26 PM
As far as the eye test goes...Timmy is in the best shape of his life.

Skull-1
09-06-2013, 06:13 PM
Hopefully he's using Pop and Tiago as the punching bag, so he can beat some sense into Pop and beat some balls into Tiago.

TheGreatYacht
09-07-2013, 03:06 PM
Hopefully he's using Pop and Tiago as the punching bag, so he can beat some sense into Pop and beat some balls into Tiago.Replace Tiago with Manu as the punching bag. Of course someone like yourself will fail to realize such reasoning considering that you have an avatar of Manu kissing a trophy ages ago.

Skull-1
09-07-2013, 04:12 PM
Replace Tiago with Manu as the punching bag. Of course someone like yourself will fail to realize such reasoning considering that you have an avatar of Manu kissing a trophy ages ago.

He should punch all three of them, although Tiago got mindhumped by Pop. Guy makes one mistake and gets the hook, but Manu can stumble and stagger and fly around out of control.....nothing.

xmas1997
09-08-2013, 09:05 PM
I thought this thread was about TDs conditioning and not about Manu, Tiago, or Pop!
Why are we straying off topic again just to get cheap jabs in?

SpurAddict561
09-09-2013, 07:30 AM
Replace Tiago with Manu as the punching bag. Of course someone like yourself will fail to realize such reasoning considering that you have an avatar of Manu kissing a trophy ages ago.

Manu has been my fav player for years, for obvious reasons...but I am a realist, and I know he's not the same player any more. Kawhi is quickly becoming my fav player.

The Admiral will always be my fav player EVER though, loved that guy.

xmas1997
09-09-2013, 10:15 AM
Manu has been my fav player for years, for obvious reasons...but I am a realist, and I know he's not the same player any more. Kawhi is quickly becoming my fav player.

Everybody declines, it is enevitable, even for the great ones like TD.
DRob was one of the great ones too. Sure do miss him.
I'm glad we still get lots of Sean's humor on the sidelines.

racm
09-09-2013, 10:23 AM

He's declining but he ain't chopped liver either.

Leetonidas
09-09-2013, 10:28 AM
^he was minced dog shit in the Finals though

Skull-1
09-09-2013, 12:43 PM
^he was minced dog shit in the Finals though
:toast