PDA

View Full Version : DVD's for dummies?

HB22inSA
07-21-2005, 05:43 PM
Okay, maybe I'm a big ole dummy, but I can't watch the Spurs Championship DVD because my Windows media player doesn't have a decoder?

I'm confused.

Can anyone of you guru's help?

(And if you tell me I have to download a whole bunch of crap, then I'll just remember the season in my head!!!)

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-21-2005, 05:48 PM
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/player/playererrors.aspx

HB22inSA
07-21-2005, 05:50 PM
To play DVDs, you must have a DVD-ROM drive and a software or hardware DVD decoder installed on your computer. If you do not have a compatible DVD decoder installed, DVD-related commands, options, and controls do not appear in the Player and you cannot play DVDs. By default, Windows does not include a DVD decoder. For more information about DVD decoders, see Windows Help.
DVD playback is only available on select versions of Windows.
I freakin' knew it!!!!!

Gates makes 700000 billion a year, but I can't play a gosh darn DVD on my brand new computer.

I'm headed to Seattle...

duncan_21
07-21-2005, 06:28 PM
You could always buy windvd or powerdvd off the internet. I have powerdvd 5 which plays any dvd regardless of the encryption. You can probably find it for cheap on ebay.

Or you can try out clonedvd from anydvd.com. You can try it out for a trial period for free. You should be able to run the clonedvd in the background while you play the dvd with wmp 10.