PDA

View Full Version : Spurs summer league

Kori Ellis
07-21-2005, 06:05 PM
They are playing Dallas right now. For those of you that were looking for their last game's box score, it's finally up.

http://www.nba.com/media/jazz/RRMR05_09.pdf

Bruno
07-21-2005, 07:32 PM
Tonight's game against Dallas boxscore :
http://www.nba.com/media/jazz/RRMR05_13.pdf

timvp
07-21-2005, 07:40 PM
Ouch. Britton Johnsen 1-10 from the field.

I guess we should cancel his induction into the Hall of Fame.

Bruno
07-21-2005, 07:40 PM
Viewing the box :
- Barret has the level to be the third PG if wilks go away
- Karaulov is still not ready for nba, let him play in Europe
- Britton Johnsen shot is away for 2 games
- Josh Powell average 10 rebounds/game and will play with the mavs

BadlyDrawnBoy
07-21-2005, 07:42 PM
We need to sign Sanders.

ace3g
07-21-2005, 07:44 PM
again Johnsen had another bad shooting night(all basketball players do) but he did shoot a good FT percentage and had 9 rebounds and 1 BS; coaches like pop dont just look at PPG they also look at what they can do on offnights. Johnsen has proven that a bad shooting night wont get to him and he still hustles (9 boards and 1 blk shows that)

Solid D
07-21-2005, 07:47 PM
Melvin Sanders is a man. He plays great D, can score, get to the line, rebound. Solid player...just as he was at OSU.

BadlyDrawnBoy
07-21-2005, 07:52 PM
Melvin Sanders is a man. He plays great D, can score, get to the line, rebound. Solid player...just as he was at OSU.

The longer we go without resigning Devin the more I think the Spurs really like this guy.

Bruno
07-21-2005, 08:00 PM
The longer we go without resigning Devin the more I think the Spurs really like this guy.

Devin : 4th or 5th swingman in spurs' rotation
Summer league players : 6th swingman in spurs' rotation (inactive list)

It's more the Third who should be concern.

spvrs
07-21-2005, 08:02 PM

I guess we should cancel his induction into the Hall of Fame.

:lol

'walk it off...walk it off...'

JUUOT
07-21-2005, 09:45 PM
so bruno,
karaulov played 4 mn and by this you can tell he is not ready yet? and should go back in europe. sounds like rapid conclusion. summer league is a complex world where everybody is given a chance to shine. I think the fact the spurs have his rights and have been following him could change the datas.

for the rest

- Barett Sanders and Johnsen are putting all the chances on their side to be in training camp and compete for roster spot as 12-14-15th.

- The two bad shooting game for johnsen would be a no go on any other team. however his capacity to stay agressive (Fouls created and good FT), being the best rebounder of the team, he is proving he has the spirit.

- is it an error or rowland has 6 Assist in only 6mn???

- Devin is going to be 4th swing or gone !

Bruno
07-21-2005, 10:21 PM
so bruno,
karaulov played 4 mn and by this you can tell he is not ready yet? and should go back in europe. sounds like rapid conclusion. summer league is a complex world where everybody is given a chance to shine. I think the fact the spurs have his rights and have been following him could change the datas.

Salut JUUOT, es-tu québecois ?

If you sign karaulov this year he will only see bench, NBDL or garbage time. Do you really think he will improve faster than playing in Europe with a lot of PT? Ask Darko what he thinks about that.

If Spurs sign him now : he won't be an improvement for spurs' roster and he must be paid.

In two or three years when his contract ends : either he has no PT and won't resign with spurs, either he has shown flash of brilliance and we will paid more when he begins to be productive.

My theory for an European secound rounder : you own his rights so let him learn Basketball in Europe for free and when he is ready, you have a cheap productive player for two or three years.

Manu was drafted in 1999 and came in 2002 when he was one of the best european player

JUUOT
07-21-2005, 10:27 PM
nan bruno je suis francais mais je vi a ottawa. toi?

rien de personnel je voulais debattre un peu ce soir.
The thing you forget is spurs could start the season withboth Nazr and rasho but there are a big chance one of them will not make it to the end of the season. in this scenario you cover your ass with a correct Big that could contribute starting in february like Karaulov as a 5th big men.

However i kind of agree with you in General. i even said in an other thread taht because Karaulov last team was crowded and should not offer him playing opportunity he could become the masterpiece of Paris basketball if they were to be accepted in premier league.

Bruno
07-21-2005, 10:44 PM
nan bruno je suis francais mais je vi a ottawa. toi?

rien de personnel je voulais debattre un peu ce soir.
The thing you forget is spurs could start the season withboth Nazr and rasho but there are a big chance one of them will not make it to the end of the season. in this scenario you cover your ass with a correct Big that could contribute starting in february like Karaulov as a 5th big men.

However i kind of agree with you in General. i even said in an other thread taht because Karaulov last team was crowded and should not offer him playing opportunity he could become the masterpiece of Paris basketball if they were to be accepted in premier league.

Rien de personnelaussi , je suis cool et j'habite en région parisienne.

The 5th big men only sees garbage time and enters when team has foul troubles against players like shaq. In the 2005 ECF Pistons put Elden Campbell
and not Darko when bigs had foul troubles (it was the 4th big but spurs are deeper than Detroit). For the 5th big, it must be a good one to one defender with a lot of experience in nba and still some energy (Massenburg, willis, Elden Campbell, Scott Williams...)

Kori Ellis
07-21-2005, 11:30 PM

He had two good shooting games followed by two bad ones. Spurs fans should be cussing him out and calling him inconsistent by now.

ducks
07-21-2005, 11:31 PM
they would if it was tp not manu

ace3g
07-21-2005, 11:34 PM
but again even though he shot 1-10 he still had 9 pts and 9 boards and 1 blk; not a bad overall night for a bad shooting night

AFE7FATMAN
07-22-2005, 01:42 AM
You don't always need good shooting nights and can still be a good spur.
signed
B Berry
T Parker
Rasho
Milik
AJ
DRob
TD
P.S. You better be able to play D or you don't play.
PoP