PDA

View Full Version : GOP leaders back Obama call for action in Syria

FuzzyLumpkins
09-03-2013, 11:28 AM
House leaders back Obama call for action in Syria

House Speaker John Boehner is on board with President Barack Obama’s call for military action in Syria.

“This is something that the United States as a country needs to do,” Boehner said Tuesday after a White House meeting with Obama. “I’m going to support the president’s call for action, and I believe my colleagues should support the president’s call for action.”

Boehner announced his position after a Tuesday morning meeting with congressional leadership in the Cabinet Room. In a 90-second statement to reporters, Boehner echoed Obama’s earlier sentiment that the United States has a unique responsibility and capability to enforce international law forbidding chemical weapons.

Boehner was joined in his support by House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.) and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), putting the onus on House leadership to secure enough votes to pass a use-of-force resolution that remains unpopular among both the American public and rank-and-file members of both parties.

(Also on POLITICO: Syria a no-win for either party in 2014)

“The use of these weapons has to be responded to and only the United States has the capability and the capacity to stop Assad and to warn others around the world that this type of behavior is not to be tolerated,” Boehner said.

Cantor (R-Va.) did not address reporters at the White House, but released a statement that backed authorizing Obama to use force against Syria.

“I intend to vote to provide the President of the United States the option to use military force in Syria,” Cantor said. “Understanding that there are differing opinions on both sides of the aisle, it is up to President Obama to make the case to Congress and to the American people that this is the right course of action, and I hope he is successful in that endeavor.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/09/obama-predicts-congress-will-ok-military-action-in-syria-96197.html?hp=t1_3

symple19
09-03-2013, 11:52 AM
smh

TSA
09-03-2013, 12:31 PM
A government of the people, by the people, and for the people my ass.

boutons_deux
09-03-2013, 01:15 PM
I been telling you people for years, we're all disenfranchised. Voting is a meaningless charade, a dog-and-pony show where the media corps sell your eyeballs to the advertisers and political orgs.

The country is owned and operated by the corporations, the 1%, the financial sector.

FuzzyLumpkins
09-03-2013, 01:24 PM
Yeah you 'have been telling us.' :rolleyes:

And it's not that simple, dimwit. I know you want your neo-bourgeois but you have the subtlety of a toilet seat.

boutons_deux
09-03-2013, 01:31 PM
Yeah you 'have been telling us.' :rolleyes:

And it's not that simple, dimwit. I know you want your neo-bourgeois but you have the subtlety of a toilet seat.

yes, IT'S THAT SIMPLE.

You complicate it way beyond your ability to understand.

George Gervin's Afro
09-03-2013, 01:40 PM
As a country we need to stand for something. Are we going to allow for anyone to use wmds against civilians without repurcussions? If we claim going forward that what happens in your backyard stays in your backyard then we stand for nothing. This would mena that any crackpopt would understand that the US would do nothing if they decided to gas a village.

Am I advocating starting liberation experiments? No, what I am for is our military stand up for the innocent and kick the crap out of leaders who won't abide be general decency standards.

DisAsTerBot
09-03-2013, 01:41 PM
yay world police!!!

angrydude
09-03-2013, 01:42 PM
Remember folks, if you aren't for killing everything that moves, you're an ISOLATIONIST who is going to be responsible for the deaths of everything that moves

boutons_deux
09-03-2013, 01:45 PM
"Are we going to allow for anyone to use wmds against civilians without repurcussions?"

yes, allow, encourage, ignore an ally (Iraq) who gassed an enemy(Iran).

SA210
09-03-2013, 02:44 PM
As a country we need to stand for something. Are we going to allow for anyone to use wmds against civilians without repurcussions? If we claim going forward that what happens in your backyard stays in your backyard then we stand for nothing. This would mena that any crackpopt would understand that the US would do nothing if they decided to gas a village.

Am I advocating starting liberation experiments? No, what I am for is our military stand up for the innocent and kick the crap out of leaders who won't abide be general decency standards.

I agree, we must stand up against Al Qaeda for using chemical weapons that we supplied them with and used against those children.

We must also stand up to Obamas murdering of children with his illegal drones and assasination of Americans with no due process.

You're right!! If you don't stand up against the US President for treason and war crimes, then we stand for nothing.

baseline bum
09-03-2013, 02:58 PM
Why can't this be the shit that gets filibustered to death when it gets to the senate?

SA210
09-03-2013, 03:01 PM
Why can't this be the shit that gets filibustered to death when it gets to the senate?

:lol You beat me to it, I was going to mention, there is a huge rumor going around the Internets that Rand Paul might filibuster.

Th'Pusher
09-03-2013, 03:24 PM
:lol You beat me to it, I was going to mention, there is a huge rumor going around the Internets that Rand Paul might filibuster.
He won't. That dude's a fake. I will bet anyone here that loudmouth Pual will not filibuster shit. Mofo is all bark and no bite.

cheguevara
09-03-2013, 03:45 PM

what standards was the US following when they helped Saddam gas thousands of Iranians?

or how about when US was bombing Iraq with bombs contaminated with Depleted Uranium?

RNi_1pbSqGY

SA210
09-03-2013, 04:37 PM
He won't. That dude's a fake. I will bet anyone here that loudmouth Pual will not filibuster shit. Mofo is all bark and no bite.

http://t.qkme.me/3sirqh.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=os6GcBBIWHQ

:lmao

Th'Pusher
09-03-2013, 04:41 PM
http://t.qkme.me/3sirqh.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=os6GcBBIWHQ

And That filibuster accomplished what, exactly? Nothing more than theatrics.

he's not filibustering jack shit on Syria. Put your money where your mouth is or stfu.

SA210
09-03-2013, 04:48 PM
And That filibuster accomished what, exactly? Nothing more than theatrics.

he's not filibustering jack shit on Syria. Put your money where your mouth is or stfu.

Hey dumbass..I never said he was, I said there was a rumor that he might. And then you said he would never do it. All I did was show he has filibustered before.

And he got attention on drones on Americans, drones period, and made Obama give an answer. The answer is a lie, but don't lie and say he didn't accomplish anything. It's more than what any piece of shit fake liberal democrat did on the issue, that's for damn sure, whether for show or not lol

Hour 12 :lmao

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0krBUDXSGo

cheguevara
09-03-2013, 05:17 PM
Paul won't filibuster shit. He's got a long career ahead of him and it would be a shame it came to an abrupt end by confronting the Jew, Oil, Bank and War lobbies head on :lol

none of the spineless Congressmen besides a few will even vote against War. They all would hate to destroy their funding and promising political careers by upseting the major lobbies.

like some US politician was quoted weeks back "there is no rolling back the drums of war"

the war is going to go through. the Jews/Saudis/Oil Cos/Banks and Defense companies have already decided for us

:lol calling this country a democracy :lol

cheguevara
09-03-2013, 05:26 PM
oh and don't forget this.

Not only will the war happen in less than 10 days, but Lebanon will be dragged into it by Jews and Bin Satan. He's already ordered a few bombings there to stir the pot.

like a US general said years ago, these countries are in the list of the great Neocon Plan:
Iraq, Libya, Syria, Lebanon and the head of the snake Iran

right before it's the head of the snake's turn, yall better have your food stockpiles ready, cause the apocalypse is coming :lol

well unless the Russians can have some success:
Russia considering sending Peace mission to US Congress, also making Syria discussions top priority in G20 meeting
http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Europe/2013/0903/A-Russian-peace-mission-to-Washington-over-Syria

EVAY
09-03-2013, 06:47 PM
I agree that we have a moral need to help people from getting gassed by their own or someone else's government. To not do so leaves us vulnerable to charges that were reasonably laid against the Allied governments during the Holocaust.

Having said that, there is no convincing proof that I have seen that the rebels in Syria are NOT Al Qaeda-based, at least in part. I am not in favor of supporting Al Qaeda anywhere anytime. Anybody remember the U.S. supporting the rebels in Cuba overthrowing the evil dictator Batista? Yeah, Castro said all the right things at the time and stood in New York crossing himself to show the nation a 'good Catholic'. Then he got in power and became the harshest Communist dictator in the hemisphere (at least for a while).

Support the innocents who have been gassed? Yes. Support the rebels against their government? Not so sure about that.

ElNono
09-03-2013, 07:26 PM
I thought we were broke, we couldn't raise the debt ceiling anymore, and the deficit was going to crush us...

But, we have money for this?

spursncowboys
09-03-2013, 07:29 PM
And That filibuster accomplished what, exactly? Nothing more than theatrics.

Made him a national figure. Gave Cruz a platform. Brought in alot of money. Scaring alot of people about isolationism and the popularity of it.

spursncowboys
09-03-2013, 07:31 PM
I thought we were broke, we couldn't raise the debt ceiling anymore, and the deficit was going to crush us...

But, we have money for this?
Sounds like they would be strikes from the battleships.

The biggest groups using that talking point are against this btw.

ElNono
09-03-2013, 09:01 PM
Sounds like they would be strikes from the battleships.

The biggest groups using that talking point are against this btw.

I used to be ok with the "no boots on the ground" argument... but at this point there's no such thing as a short engagement in that region... and frankly, as I said, if we're going to waste that money, I rather we all get a fat check instead...

pgardn
09-03-2013, 09:24 PM
Paul won't filibuster shit. He's got a long career ahead of him and it would be a shame it came to an abrupt end by confronting the Jew, Oil, Bank and War lobbies head on

Look Boutons, there is more blame to go around.

You think it's mainly THE JEW that runs the corporation, Or just limited to banking?

Throw in a dash of scrote lacking testicles, we got a slew of Mad Hatters in this joint.

The Reckoning
09-03-2013, 09:31 PM
he did promise to cross the aisle

scroteface
09-03-2013, 09:34 PM
You think it's mainly THE JEW that runs the corporation, Or just limited to banking?

wake up and smell the coffee sissy

Th'Pusher
09-03-2013, 10:13 PM
wake up and smell the coffee sissy
Fuck. You're a shitty troll. Add some value. At least make me chuckle.

Start over.

scroteface
09-03-2013, 10:18 PM
Fuck. You're a shitty troll. Add some value. At least make me chuckle.

Start over.

fuck off, race traitor. you're a failure to aryan intelligence and a disgrace to the white race.

DMX7
09-03-2013, 10:32 PM
Scroteface using the easiest schtick in the book -- racism -- and still falling flat on his ass.

SA210
09-03-2013, 11:33 PM
Paul hints at filibuster of Syria resolution

By Michael O'Brien, NBC News

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/09/03/20312362-paul-hints-at-filibuster-of-syria-resolution

Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., suggested he would require any resolution approving U.S. military involvement in Syria pass the Senate by a filibuster-proof majority.

Paul hinted Tuesday that he could invoke the parliamentary procedure to delay or effectively block a vote to approve President Barack Obama's request for authority to launch strikes against the regime of Syrian President Bashar Assad.

"I can't imagine that we won't require 60 votes on this," Paul said in a conference call with reporters. "Whether there's an actual standing filibuster, I've got to check my shoes."

Paul has emerged as a kind of figurehead for libertarian-minded conservatives who oppose most U.S. military involvement abroad. A critic of the president's anti-terrorism tactics, Paul launched a formal filibuster earlier this year in which he spoke for hours on end against the president's use of drones to target accused terrorists for assassination, even if they are American citizens.

The filibuster enamored Paul to conservatives, and helped the first-term senator lay the groundwork for a possible bid for the Republican presidential nomination in 2016.

Still, Paul suggested he was unsure of his ability to ultimately halt Obama's request for authority in the Senate, expressing his hope that House conservatives would vote down the resolution.

"I think our best chance for ultimate victory is in the House," he said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UNtIoxbbhM

boobie4three
09-04-2013, 07:56 AM
Paul hints at filibuster of Syria resolution

By Michael O'Brien, NBC News

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/09/03/20312362-paul-hints-at-filibuster-of-syria-resolution

Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., suggested he would require any resolution approving U.S. military involvement in Syria pass the Senate by a filibuster-proof majority.

Paul hinted Tuesday that he could invoke the parliamentary procedure to delay or effectively block a vote to approve President Barack Obama's request for authority to launch strikes against the regime of Syrian President Bashar Assad.

"I can't imagine that we won't require 60 votes on this," Paul said in a conference call with reporters. "Whether there's an actual standing filibuster, I've got to check my shoes."

Paul has emerged as a kind of figurehead for libertarian-minded conservatives who oppose most U.S. military involvement abroad. A critic of the president's anti-terrorism tactics, Paul launched a formal filibuster earlier this year in which he spoke for hours on end against the president's use of drones to target accused terrorists for assassination, even if they are American citizens.

The filibuster enamored Paul to conservatives, and helped the first-term senator lay the groundwork for a possible bid for the Republican presidential nomination in 2016.

Still, Paul suggested he was unsure of his ability to ultimately halt Obama's request for authority in the Senate, expressing his hope that House conservatives would vote down the resolution.

"I think our best chance for ultimate victory is in the House," he said.

Kerry wasn't very convincing with his answer to Paul. It looked like McCain was snickering at Paul at the beginning of the video. I wish Arizona would primary that bastard. Same with Lyndsey Graham in SC.

boutons_deux
09-04-2013, 09:26 AM
OBAMA SHAKEN BY BOEHNER’S SUPPORT

Aides to President Obama said today that he was “visibly shaken” after receiving support from House Speaker John Boehner for his Syria campaign, adding that the Speaker’s vote of confidence was “making him rethink the whole thing.”

An aide to Mr. Obama, speaking on the condition of anonymity, said that he was in the Oval Office with the President when he got the call from Mr. Boehner: “As it became clear that Boehner was going to support him on this, he looked more and more stunned. He was trying to stay calm and all but you could see that he was really taken aback.”

After putting down the phone with Mr. Boehner, the President reportedly told aides, “Boehner’s supporting it. That’s so weird. This is still a good idea, right?”

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/borowitzreport/2013/09/obama-shaken-by-boehners-support.html?mbid=nl_Borowitz%20(162)

SA210
09-04-2013, 09:28 AM
Lol more propaganda

boobie4three
09-04-2013, 09:32 AM
Sounds like Onion type satire.

SA210
09-04-2013, 09:40 AM
Lol the administrations and msm's propaganda attempt to make us believe Obama is trying to do good lol

Bill_Brasky
09-04-2013, 09:49 AM
I want no part in Iraq 2.0

Spurs da champs
09-04-2013, 10:08 AM
Kerry wasn't very convincing with his answer to Paul. It looked like McCain was snickering at Paul at the beginning of the video. I wish Arizona would primary that bastard. Same with Lyndsey Graham in SC.

Kerry wasn't very convincing period.

Clipper Nation
09-04-2013, 08:35 PM
I been telling you people for years, we're all disenfranchised. Voting is a meaningless charade, a dog-and-pony show where the media corps sell your eyeballs to the advertisers and political orgs.

The country is owned and operated by the corporations, the 1%, the financial sector.
And yet you still blindly defend every Democrat, expect them to fix things, and then blame the "Repugs" when nothing changes :lol

cheguevara
09-04-2013, 08:42 PM
:lmao Mccain playing the class clown

30 fucking years this motherfucker has been in politics, I think he's had enough, he's ready to let it all burn. mofo will dance in his underwear playing bruce springsteen Born in the USA while the bombs drop on Syria :lol

and props to Paul. I really not much of a fan of Dear Dr. Paul's son, but it does take certain balls to talk among all these hateful hawks

cheguevara
09-04-2013, 08:49 PM

:lmao Secretary Ketchup Kerry

"we are not going to war in the classical sense" :lol :lol

"no american is going to be harms way" :lmao

holy fuck, we are living in the twilight zone :lmao

cheguevara
09-04-2013, 09:06 PM
"Mr Kerry why did you just rape me?"

"I did not rape you in the classical sence, I was wearing socks"

:lol

cheguevara
09-04-2013, 09:12 PM
"Mr. McCain crashed his plane and was taken prisoner in Vietnam and put not just in a jail, but in a pit. He sat there for several years. Anyone would go nuts after that."
-Vladmir Putin

:rollin

pgardn
09-04-2013, 09:23 PM
"Mr. McCain crashed his plane and was taken prisoner in Vietnam and put not just in a jail, but in a pit. He sat there for several years. Anyone would go nuts after that."
-Vladmir Putin

yeah...

so funny...

and holding back the adopted kids who needed a family, that was such a punch line. For everyone involved. Putin showed us, we are not going to be able to give kids good homes. GFY hypocrite.

DMX7
09-04-2013, 09:25 PM
Russian propaganda haha

Koolaid_Man
09-04-2013, 09:26 PM
I agree, we must stand up against Al Qaeda for using chemical weapons that we supplied them with and used against those children.

We must also stand up to Obamas murdering of children with his illegal drones and assasination of Americans with no due process.

You're right!! If you don't stand up against the US President for treason and war crimes, then we stand for nothing.

Hey dude..all terrorists sympathizers such as yourself are being watched by the government...and rightly so...

:lol@ still trying to cling to and use Al Qaeda as a shield and cover for Assad :lol just pathetic

scroteface
09-04-2013, 09:33 PM
-Vladmir Putin

SA210
09-04-2013, 09:36 PM
"Mr Kerry why did you just rape me?"

"I did not rape you in the classical sence, I was wearing socks"

:lol

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao holy fuck :lmao

SA210
09-04-2013, 09:39 PM
Hey dude..all terrorists sympathizers such as yourself are being watched by the government...and rightly so...

:lol@ still trying to cling to and use Al Qaeda as a shield and cover for Assad :lol just pathetic

:lmao ur the one that supports the aid Obama is giving to Al Qaeda

cheguevara
09-04-2013, 09:39 PM
yeah...

so funny...

and holding back the adopted kids who needed a family, that was such a punch line. For everyone involved. Putin showed us, we are not going to be able to give kids good homes. GFY hypocrite.

Hypocrite A: promises hope and change and peace but orders drone strikes and bombings that kill scores of civilians
Hypocrite B: banned a few adoptions

I'ma have to stick with Hypocrite B :lol

pgardn
09-05-2013, 06:48 AM
Hypocrite A: promises hope and change and peace but orders drone strikes and bombings that kill scores of civilians
Hypocrite B: banned a few adoptions

I'ma have to stick with Hypocrite B :lol

If you were in B's world you would not even be writing this simplistic drivel.

xellos88330
09-05-2013, 11:20 AM
Personally I do not agree with a potential attack on Syria. We Americans have our own issues to deal with currently. I believe our domestic issues need to be solved before we go and attack yet another middle eastern country. I fear the US is in danger of spreading it's influence a bit too thin. There are other countries that can carry out the attacks. The US does not have to be the only one that leads the way. The amount of violence and warfare is starting to get a bit ridiculous. As former military, I tend to always itch for that next fight, but there are too many issues on the home front that need to be solved first. If America can focus on itself for a while and solve it's own issues, it will make for an even stronger global influence than before. We cannot claim to help other countries when we are refusing to help ourselves. Take care of our own shit first before we get into another fight. Professional fighters have to train before a fight. They are fixing their weaknesses. I suggest that the US use that same mentality to handle foreign policy.

cheguevara
09-05-2013, 03:40 PM
If you were in B's world you would not even be writing this simplistic drivel.

oh boy has the Main Stream Media played a number on you. You are mixing apples and oranges. One is FOREIGN Policy and respecting Sovereign countries, the other is DOMESTIC Policy.

How you possibly can compare the activities of how a ruler rules his own country to a ruler that likes to bomb other sovereign countries into submission is beyond me.

MannyIsGod
09-05-2013, 03:54 PM
I'm completely against any action in Syria by our military but god damn its impossible to talk about it here now that this place is run by conspiracy theorists.

SA210
09-05-2013, 08:12 PM
http://www.secretsofthefed.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/conspiracy-theorist-defenition-critical-thinker1.jpg

FuzzyLumpkins
09-05-2013, 08:19 PM
I'm completely against any action in Syria by our military but god damn its impossible to talk about it here now that this place is run by conspiracy theorists.

I agree. it's hard to have a substantive discussion when you are having to mire through them trying to pin it on the jews and the Israeli link to a satanist in the saudi intelligence services.

cheguevara
09-05-2013, 08:25 PM
too many conspiracy theorists here :cry

not fair :cry

SA210
09-05-2013, 08:38 PM
:cry People use their heads and question "official stories" from an American government that once planned Operation Northwoods :cry

pgardn
09-05-2013, 10:06 PM
oh boy has the Main Stream Media played a number on you. You are mixing apples and oranges. One is FOREIGN Policy and respecting Sovereign countries, the other is DOMESTIC Policy.

How you possibly can compare the activities of how a ruler rules his own country to a ruler that likes to bomb other sovereign countries into submission is beyond me.

You would so love North Korea. Fool...

Mainstream media vs. your totally distorted misinformed views.

pgardn
09-05-2013, 10:07 PM
too many conspiracy theorists here :cry

not fair :cry

nah

just cabbage heads...

cheguevara
09-05-2013, 11:35 PM
more conspiracy theories :cry

those poor freedom fighters :cry

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/syria/10289944/Syria-crisis-al-Qaeda-seizes-village-that-still-speaks-the-ancient-language-of-Christ.html

A branch of al-Qaeda fighting in the Syrian civil war has seized one of the few remaining villages where the original language of Christ is still spoken, residents say.

Fighting raged through the picturesque mountain village of Maaloula, near Damascus, on Thursday, as the regime launched a counter-attack against the rebels.
"They entered the main square and smashed a statue of the Virgin Mary," said one resident of the area, speaking by phone and too frightened to give his name. "They shelled us from the nearby mountain. Two shells hit the St Thecla convent."

The inhabitants are mostly Melkite Greek Catholic and Orthodox Christians, but have historically lived peacefully alongside a Sunni Muslim minority. It is one of only three places in the world where Western Aramaic, a dialect of the language spoken by Christ, is still used.

TDMVPDPOY
09-06-2013, 12:42 AM
the term terrorist use by america to label people is being misinterpreted and brainwashed

now freedom fighters and and shit are label as one just to get the war propaganda going to make money

SA210
09-06-2013, 10:39 AM
Lady lays into piece of shit Mccain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzH7BxFEzDs

Axegrinder
09-07-2013, 04:22 AM
Thought bubble above McCains head: Emos smh

DMC
09-07-2013, 01:42 PM
Americans act on things by blogging about it or talking to their therapist about their feelings on it. That's all we really want is to feel better about it, to get our opinion out there on whatever subject we encounter. After that it become tedious and we're disinterested.

FuzzyLumpkins
09-07-2013, 02:47 PM
Americans act on things by blogging about it or talking to their therapist about their feelings on it. That's all we really want is to feel better about it, to get our opinion out there on whatever subject we encounter. After that it become tedious and we're disinterested.

Speak for yourself. It's called a country that enjoys free speech and attempts to be democratic. Politicians do pay attention to polls. Its a form of reciprocity.

DMC
09-07-2013, 03:02 PM
Speak for yourself. It's called a country that enjoys free speech and attempts to be democratic. Politicians do pay attention to polls. Its a form of reciprocity.

So you blog then.

FuzzyLumpkins
09-07-2013, 03:07 PM
So you blog then.

You sure do like your words. Categorize it as you will.

If politicians do respond to polling then there is merit to speaking out. You are seeming to paint it as Americans being too lazy to do anything worthwhile.

DMC
09-07-2013, 03:17 PM
You sure do like your words. Categorize it as you will.

If politicians do respond to polling then there is merit to speaking out. You are seeming to paint it as Americans being too lazy to do anything worthwhile.

So that's a yes.

FuzzyLumpkins
09-07-2013, 03:22 PM
So that's a yes.

I don't think like you do at a very basic level. You pigeonhole as a matter of course and then put everything in to those boxes. It was a yes to you from the very beginning so I don't know why you are fronting that anything I said made a difference.

DMC
09-07-2013, 03:24 PM
I don't think like you do at a very basic level. You pigeonhole as a matter of course and then put everything in to those boxes. It was a yes to you from the very beginning so I don't know why you are fronting that anything I said made a difference.

That's a lot of words to say "yes I blog".

Capt Bringdown
09-07-2013, 03:32 PM
Kabuki theater.
The fix is in.
The US desperately needs a workers party.

Clipper Nation
09-07-2013, 03:35 PM
A "worker's party" wouldn't do shit to fix our out-of-control foreign policy, tbh....

scroteface
09-07-2013, 04:06 PM
Kabuki theater.
The fix is in.

a national socialist workers party tbqh

FuzzyLumpkins
09-07-2013, 04:26 PM
Is there a point to deterring proliferation of WMD. No I understand everyone being pissed off about having guesses pushed out at as certainty in Iraq but at a certain point is there merit in doing so.

For example, if a country drops a nuke and did not sign the nuclear nonproliferation treaty then should we let it go as a matter of course or are we right to intervene. Should we do nothing to deter the use of chemical weapons.

I get 100% the notion that we cannot be the worlds police force. Certainly not by ourselves. At the same time if the Saudis and the Israelis and the Turks and the majority of the Sunni Arab states are asking for our intervention do we just ignore that.

This is why I have such issue with the tin foil brigade. They deter from substantive discussion on real issues of foreign policy.

TSA
09-07-2013, 04:30 PM
"At the same time if the Saudis and the Israelis and the Turks and the majority of the Sunni Arab states are asking for our intervention do we just ignore that."

Yes. Let them deal with their fucked up neighbor if they're so inclined.

FuzzyLumpkins
09-07-2013, 05:13 PM
That's a lot of words to say "yes I blog".

I would say that your tactic is novel, persuasive, or meaningful in any way but it is not so I won't.

DMC
09-07-2013, 06:52 PM
I would say that your tactic is novel, persuasive, or meaningful in any way but it is not so I won't.

You talk a lot but you don't really say anything. That's the problem with politics in general. I guess you think you can do something to shift policy by having a blog and talking a lot.

cheguevara
09-07-2013, 07:56 PM
http://www.thomhartmann.com/sites/default/files/ObamaMaskOnBush_1.png

Capt Bringdown
09-07-2013, 11:07 PM
A "worker's party" wouldn't do shit to fix our out-of-control foreign policy, tbh....

No war but class war.

AFBlue
09-08-2013, 12:47 AM
Should we do nothing to deter the use of chemical weapons.

Who is to say "limited air strikes" will deter future use of chemical weapons by the Syrian government?

My problem is those who say "we can't just do nothing" have no good answer for what should be done.

FuzzyLumpkins
09-08-2013, 12:58 AM
Who is to say "limited air strikes" will deter future use of chemical weapons by the Syrian government?

My problem is those who say "we can't just do nothing" have no good answer for what should be done.

That makes sense.

Jacob1983
09-08-2013, 12:58 AM
Can't we just agree that Obama has been a disaster as president and possibly worse than Bush? I know these fuckers lie when they run for president but Obama should be given an award for his lies. This guy is a clone of Bush. If I had a dollar for every time, I have said that or commented on that, I'd be rich. Wake up stupid America. Obama didn't get re-elected. He is just serving Bush's 4th term.

cheguevara
09-09-2013, 04:32 PM
:lmao Kerry runs his mouth and says if Assad turns him all his weapons, US won't bomb

few hours later, Putin calls his bluff and issues press release that Russia will negotiate with Assad for exactly what Kerry asked

:lol how does that shoe taste, Ketchup ?

cheguevara
09-09-2013, 04:33 PM
US polls since Ketchup opened his mouth:

http://big.assets.huffingtonpost.com/090913PewOpposition.png

Ketchup might possibly be the most efficient peace proponent since Ghandi :lmao

boutons_deux
09-09-2013, 04:35 PM
:lmao Kerry runs his mouth and says if Assad turns him all his weapons, US won't bomb

few hours later, Putin calls his bluff and issues press release that Russia will negotiate with Assad for exactly what Kerry said

:lol how does that shoe taste, Ketchup ?

looks like Kerry won.

but what about the insurgents chemical weapons?

Jacob1983
09-09-2013, 04:36 PM
Why doesn't Ketchup just resign and just go take a swim in the money bin that his wife probably has underground?

cheguevara
09-09-2013, 04:39 PM
looks like Kerry won.

http://dish.andrewsullivan.com/2013/09/09/kerry-gaffes-the-russians-blink/

He was, apparently, just being hypothetical. The State Department had to walk him back:

“Secretary Kerry was making a rhetorical argument about the impossibility and unlikelihood of Assad turning over chemical weapons he has denied he used,” Jen Psaki, the State Department spokeswoman, said in an e-mail to reporters after Mr. Kerry’s comments. “His point was that this brutal dictator with a history of playing fast and loose with the facts cannot be trusted to turn over chemical weapons, otherwise he would have done so long ago. That’s why the world faces this moment.”

Sometimes, it seems, Kerry’s incompetence strikes gold. Here’s hoping. :lmao :lmao

but what about the insurgents chemical weapons?

There are reports rebels will attack Israel with the chems if US decides not to bomb

pgardn
09-09-2013, 04:44 PM
So that's a yes.

wait a minute...

We are getting way ahead of Booutox. The Syrian government is not involved in gassing anyone.
Go to his fruitbat sites and read.

pgardn
09-09-2013, 04:48 PM
There are reports rebels will attack Israel with the chems if US decides not to bomb

Lets see them...

cheguevara
09-09-2013, 04:50 PM
Putin also proposes to negotiate on terms to have the American diplomat hand over all the chemicals he uses on his face :lmao

dude looks like the Muppet's newscaster :lol :lol :lol

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/audio/video/2013/9/1/1378048589522/John-Kerry-016.jpghttp://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070127165808/muppet/images/1/18/Thomas_Galey's_Ballet_Chicken.JPG

Winehole23
10-28-2013, 11:56 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2013/10/27/assad-syria-chemical-weapons/3280353/

ChumpDumper
10-28-2013, 12:13 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2013/10/27/assad-syria-chemical-weapons/3280353/So far so good.

Interesting that Norway demurred.