PDA

View Full Version : Seahawks possibly disappointing?

Ghazi
09-03-2013, 02:09 PM
that is a BRUTAL ass schedule.I have no idea why many think they can win the division. niners are the best team in the NFL and also have a pretty easy schedule this year. I say Niners go 13-3 and Seahawks go 10-6

Lincoln
09-03-2013, 02:39 PM
That home field advantage

spurraider21
09-03-2013, 03:04 PM
In today's passing league, having an incredible secondary like Seattle gives them a big leg up on most other teams. It also helps when Russell Wilson played pretty much as well as RG3 or Kaep did, but managed to fly under the radar per par. RG3 had a total of roughly 4000 yards and 27 TD's while Wilson ended up with something like 3600 yards and 30 TD's. Keep in mind RG3 was given the load of carrying the Skins offense from day 1, whereas Wilson was more or less eased in and put up incredible numbers down the stretch and in the playoffs. Also their ability to impose Marshawn Lynch on even the best defenses has to speak to something (put up 103 and 111 in the 2 matchups vs SF)

HarlemHeat37
09-03-2013, 05:28 PM
:lol how the fuck can anybody say that Russell Wilson flew under the radar, tbh?..he was a glorified game manager last season, he's probably the most overrated QB that I've seen in years, tbh:lol..he received a ton of hype last year and during the off-season, no idea where "under the radar" comes from, tbh..

I'd be shocked if either Seattle or SF wins the SB, tbh..

monosylab1k
09-03-2013, 05:46 PM
Rams are gonna win the NFC West.

Jeff Van Gundy
09-03-2013, 05:49 PM
Dat cardinals D and carson palmer to larry fitzgerald tho

spurraider21
09-03-2013, 06:54 PM
:lol how the fuck can anybody say that Russell Wilson flew under the radar, tbh?..he was a glorified game manager last season, he's probably the most overrated QB that I've seen in years, tbh:lol..he received a ton of hype last year and during the off-season, no idea where "under the radar" comes from, tbh..

I'd be shocked if either Seattle or SF wins the SB, tbh..
under the radar in that he was just as effective as RG3 was but without the same fanfare Griffin received. people say crap like "oh it was all the running game and marshawn lynch" when RG3 had morris who was the nfl's 2nd leading rusher behind mvpeterson. I also don't remember the last time a guy considered a "game manager" managed to put up 30 touchdowns (26 passing 4 rushing), not to mention as a rook :lol. matt ryan put up 16 touchdowns his rookie season and was dubbed a future star. Wilson puts up 30 and you call him a game manager

benefactor
09-03-2013, 07:42 PM
I also don't remember the last time a guy considered a "game manager" managed to put up 30 touchdowns (26 passing 4 rushing), not to mention as a rook :lol. matt ryan put up 16 touchdowns his rookie season and was dubbed a future star. Wilson puts up 30 and you call him a game manager
Matt Schaub had two seasons with a combined 9000+ passing yds and 53 TDs. He is very much a game manager.

spurraider21
09-03-2013, 08:03 PM
Matt Schaub had two seasons with a combined 9000+ passing yds and 53 TDs. He is very much a game manager.

Comparing what was considered to be prime Matt Schaub with Andre Johnson and co. to rookie Russell Wilson with some whatever weapons seems petty. Those Houston teams were a fast paced, sling it all over the place offense, where Schaub regularly attempted over 500 passes a year. That was during the time when Houston was all offense no defense and just tried to outscore everybody. Wilson didn't even attempt 400 throws yet still managed to put up more TD's in a season than Schaub ever has

tlongII
09-03-2013, 08:10 PM
The Seahawks are CLEARLY the best team in the NFL. It's not really even up for debate tbh.

KoolAid Mans Brother
09-03-2013, 08:16 PM
The Seahawks are CLEARLY the best team in the NFL. It's not really even up for debate tbh.

:lmao Oregon St.

benefactor
09-03-2013, 08:44 PM
Comparing what was considered to be prime Matt Schaub with Andre Johnson and co. to rookie Russell Wilson with some whatever weapons seems petty. Those Houston teams were a fast paced, sling it all over the place offense, where Schaub regularly attempted over 500 passes a year. That was during the time when Houston was all offense no defense and just tried to outscore everybody. Wilson didn't even attempt 400 throws yet still managed to put up more TD's in a season than Schaub ever has
You act like 500 attempts a year is a lot. It's not even top 10 in the league. Your all offense argument falls flat too...as Schaub still threw over 500 times last season with one of the best defenses in the league. All you are doing is clutching to a "he threw a bunch of TDs" argument and trying to use that to prove that he isn't a game manager when he is. He had the best defense in the league and a 1600 yd rusher and you say he had some whatever weapons?

:lol:lol

spurraider21
09-03-2013, 08:54 PM
You act like 500 attempts a year is a lot. It's not even top 10 in the league. Your all offense argument falls flat too...as Schaub still threw over 500 times last season with one of the best defenses in the league. All you are doing is clutching to a "he threw a bunch of TDs" argument and trying to use that to prove that he isn't a game manager when he is. He had the best defense in the league and a 1600 yd rusher and you say he had some whatever weapons?

:lol:lol

:lol all you want...

nice context dude. in 2009-2010, the 2 year span you are referencing, schaub was among the most active qb's out there. in 2009 he led ALL quarterbacks in passing attempts which was 583 and was 5th in 2010 where he threw 574. saying it wasn't top 10 is just flat out wrong and shows you are making shit up just to prove a point

Wilson's leading receiver last year was Sidney Rice with 748 yards and their leader in receiving touchdowns was Golden Tate with 7, a far cry from weapons Schaub has had access to. the "he threw a bunch of TD's" argument certainly holds water when he ties Peyton Manning's rookie record with 26 touchdown passes.

and :lol at discrediting him because he happens to have a good defense. qb's with shitty defenses put up monster numbers more easily since they are always throwing the ball, like Manning's Colts, Stafford, Brees, Rodgers, and the Schaub years you were referencing. its not like Seattle defense threw 15 of Wilson's 26 passing td's

benefactor
09-03-2013, 09:10 PM
Learn how to read. I said he had 500 attempts last year too with a good defense...which wouldn't get you in the top 10, which is the year you are using for Wilson. Just ask the eight QB's below him that threw over 500.

Wilson was put in better position to throw for more TD's with less attempts because of his dominant run game and dominant defense. It's a fluke stat that proves nothing. He's a game manager that was in the right place at the right time...nothing more and nothing less.

Trill Clinton
09-03-2013, 09:15 PM
spurraider21 in here puttin' in work. russy 2 cold is one of the best qb's in the league. no matter what ya'll are trying to box him in as.

spurraider21
09-03-2013, 09:19 PM
Learn how to read. I said he had 500 attempts last year too with a good defense...which wouldn't get you in the top 10, which is the year you are using for Wilson. Just ask the eight QB's below him that threw over 500.

Wilson was put in better position to throw for more TD's with less attempts because of his dominant run game and dominant defense. It's a fluke stat that proves nothing. He's a game manager that was in the right place at the right time...nothing more and nothing less.

Wilson threw for less than 400 attempts but his 7.9 YPA put him right up there with the league's best. you are the one that brought up Schaub's stats and then called him a game manager, when the stats you are referencing came in the 2 years where he was either leading or top 5 in the NFL in passing attempts, which hardly qualifies as a game manager (in those years YOU brought up).

If you want to call Russell's TD totals a fluke, thats a different story and a completely different argument (actually, not an argument, more like an unprovable theory at this point), but I think you aren't cutting him enough slack given that it was his rookie season and you should allow for some upwards trajectory in his stats. Also, you should consider how limited his offensive involvement was early in the season, compared to when they truly handed the reigns over, which is why both his yardage and td totals spiked after week 7. Fantasy football junkies will tell you he was the top statistical qb over the last 8 weeks of the season last year. Imagine he had a receiving cast of prime Andre Johnson, Kevin Walter, Owen Daniels with a side order of Jacoby Jones instead of the core he has in seattle which is Sidney Rice and Golden Tate

benefactor
09-03-2013, 09:22 PM
:lol the logic in that paragraph you edited in.

spurraider21
09-03-2013, 09:25 PM
Yes, I use the edit tool. It is quite handy, and if I think of something to add, I will edit instead of double posting. I don't edit after somebody replies to looks smarter in hindsight, though.

So projecting an upwards curve in numbers after a rookie campaign is :lolworthy logic?
Noting that his numbers spiked towards the 2nd half of the year is :lolworthy logic? (look at Kaep's numbers, similarly)
Pointing out that Schaub (the comparison YOU brought in, in his 3rd and 4th years as full time starter) had far superior weapons to Wilson (in his rookie season) is :lolworthy logic?

benefactor
09-03-2013, 09:29 PM
Wilson threw for less than 400 attempts but his 7.9 YPA put him right up there with the league's best. you are the one that brought up Schaub's stats and then called him a game manager, when the stats you are referencing came in the 2 years where he was either leading or top 5 in the NFL in passing attempts, which hardly qualifies as a game manager (in those years YOU brought up).
You just proved my point...the one I've been trying to drive through your skull the whole time. Schaub having great stats didn't mean shit. He has never been anything more than a game manager with some weapons...just like Wilson is a game manager with some weapons.

spurraider21
09-03-2013, 09:38 PM
You just proved my point...the one I've been trying to drive through your skull the whole time. Schaub having great stats didn't mean shit. He has never been anything more than a game manager with some weapons...just like Wilson is a game manager with some weapons.

You brought up the 2 Schaub seasons where he was #1 and #5 in passing attempts in the NFL and had one of the league's most lethal receiving cores. If the Seahawks had elite weapons and allowed Wilson to sling it as much as he wanted, I'm sure his stats would reflect it. Disregarding the high TD total as a fluke is just lazy arguing. Wilson's accuracy, arm strength, deep ball are all great, and once again (i will keep pounding this point), this was his ROOKIE season. a rookie creating 3600 yards and 30 touchdowns (combined passing/rushing) is absolutely nothing to scoff at and write off as "oh he's just a game manager." Did anybody call Matt Ryan a game manager after his rookie season? Or manning after his rookie season? Heck, Tom Brady's pre-randy moss season numbers SCREAM game manager by your apparent standards.

My original point wasn't to sit here and call Russell Wilson the future GOAT or anything like that. All i said was the dude was just as effective as a guy like RG3 but doesn't get the same recognition because he didn't make sportscenter nearly as often. figured a spurfan would understand that concept

Holden_Caulfield
09-03-2013, 09:45 PM
jags will dismantle that seahawks defense. gabbert will outplay Wilson and Bradley's homecoming will be victorious!!!

benefactor
09-03-2013, 09:47 PM
I'm not saying he sucks. Hell...Schaub doesn't suck. He's just in the right place at the right time with the right D and a good RB. I'm sure he will have a nice, game managing career like Schaub has with all of his weapons surrounding him.

spurraider21
09-03-2013, 09:48 PM
jags will dismantle that seahawks defense. gabbert will outplay Wilson and Bradley's homecoming will be victorious!!!

:lol i would gladly eat crow if that happened

spurraider21
09-03-2013, 09:50 PM
I'm not saying he sucks. Hell...Schaub doesn't suck. He's just in the right place at the right time with the right D and a good RB. I'm sure he will have a nice, game managing career like Schaub has with all of his weapons surrounding him.

if he never makes the playoffs again, wilson will match schaub in playoff games/wins :lol. but did you really think RG3's rookie campaign was significantly more accomplished than Wilson's?

benefactor
09-03-2013, 10:00 PM
Not really...but I don't buy into the RG3 hype either. I don't see any of this group of over hyped black QBs being particularly great.

spurraider21
09-03-2013, 10:09 PM
it takes a lot for a raider fan to go all goo-goo for a seachicken qb, but when i really started watching wilson play late last year, i coulnd't help but like what i saw

leemajors
09-03-2013, 10:25 PM
Didn't they lose some ppl on the d-line? I know their secondary is good but a diminished pass rush would really hurt as season went on.