PDA

View Full Version : Heat: who beatin dat heat meat this coming season

RsxPiimp
09-03-2013, 07:34 PM
we got people callin da heat as 3peat champs already but they got older and oden son is not the answer to their big man woes. he a novelty that's it

so bulls got mvp rose which is good. knicks have another yr of experience and they got deeper. Nets are stacked. pacers are older, possibly better and have added a nice bench piece in scola, I think p.george will explode next yr. probably gonna be the second best sg behind kobe. they mah pick tbh.

west? we got okc, rox and maybe...maybe the clippers:lol

so who you got knockin the heat nxt yr

StrengthAndHonor
09-03-2013, 08:29 PM
I originally liked Indiana's chances and assuming their development continues to grow then I'm still picking them. Last year, they were a bench away from beating Miami and this year, with Granger and Scola in their lineup, it's going to be pretty epic if they face Miami again.

I don't expect much from the Bulls or Rose and if you're a Knicks fan, you should give up any hopes of winning a title or even reaching the Finals as long as Melo and JR Smith are taking 45% of the teams shots.

The Nets intrigues me. I think they have a 1 year window to win and that year is next year only because I feel like KG will have one last hurrah. I just don't like the chemistry and make up of the team as of right now, but that remains to be seen. I personally think Pierce should be their third option, not Joe Johnson. The moment Johnson assumes that role and Pierce takes a back seat, then their chances doesn't look bright.

Deron is set for a real nice year too after 2 disappointing seasons. I think he'll have an MVP year.

Miami, will have an off year in the regular season. I think they may end up with the 2nd or 3rd seed but it won't matter much, in the playoffs they'll get that energy back and reach the Conference Finals, but all certainty stops there IMHO. Indiana and NJ looks like legit competition.

East looks loaded. I've never been this excited for that conference.

RsxPiimp
09-03-2013, 08:40 PM
yeah the knicks are a mess. mwp, jr smith and melo have never seen shots they don't like. shoot, mike woodson will probably get a pink slop by january

StrengthAndHonor
09-03-2013, 08:45 PM
I just remember that other guy from the Knicks signing with Indiana too, forgot his name. They are looking deep.

Kool Bob Love
09-03-2013, 09:13 PM
LMAO at the Cheat going to back2back2back2back NBA finals.

No team since the 84-87 Boston Celtics have done that.

OP shut the fuck up.

Kool Bob Love
09-03-2013, 09:16 PM
Someone in the east will beat the heat. If not my Spurs got a date with Destiny. :toast

D-Wade
09-03-2013, 09:29 PM
Not the Bulls that's for sure. People + ESPN are giving them way too much credit. The Bulls can't beat the Heat. Couldn't do it with a healthy Rose in 2011, can't do it now. I know the LBJ v. Rose matchup is sexy for ratings, but the former has and will continue to own the latter. More likely, it'll be Indiana (with the return of Granger and addition of Scola) or the Nets (PP and KG never liked the Heat and they'll give it their all during the playoffs to dethrone us.) Wade and Bron have had some epic battles against the Cs during the playoffs and I expect the same if they meet.

Looking forward to the season, though. Lots of talent in the East. At least at the top.

DAF86
09-03-2013, 09:34 PM
Indiana on the ECSF.

RsxPiimp
09-03-2013, 09:37 PM
LMAO at the Cheat going to back2back2back2back NBA finals.

No team since the 84-87 Boston Celtics have done that.

OP shut the fuck up.

I think you have reading comprehension.

Kool Bob Love
09-03-2013, 10:12 PM
I think you have reading comprehension.

The west has the San Antonio Spurs you fucking kunt.

Katherine Robinson
09-04-2013, 12:43 AM
Indiana still has the strongest chance unless Greg Oden becomes servisible for at least 28 minutes a game and evens out that matchup. The Nets are a complete enigma, if health is not an issue and Kidd can coach well - they can push Miami. No Western team has what it takes with the avid choke artists and inept coaches.

AchillesHeel
09-04-2013, 02:08 AM
So, not only does OP think that Kirby at 35 with a torn achilles will be better/more efficient than Harden in the coming season(with Houston having improved big time), he also thinks Paul George(shot 41.9% last season) will be ahead of Harden as well. :lol

Kirby will possibly be the 3rd/4th best SG behind Harden,Wade(if healthy) and maybe even Paul George.

I say right now the only 3 teams that could really challenge the Heat would be Spurs,Rockets and the Pacers. all 3 have a front court that Miami can't really defend and all 3 should be good enough defensively to keep Lebron under 50% shooting. Bulls would be my dark horse with a healthy rose but tbh if Wade is healthy Bulls still lose in 6 games(Rose chokes in the playoffs).

Rogue
09-04-2013, 08:21 AM
Brooklyn are more likely to be the blackhorse than any eastern team imho. NY, Chicago and the Pacers all seemed to have improved from last season but still not enough to challenge Miami. Meanwhile, the nets are a brand new team coached by a basketball legend who was a brilliant player yet unproven a coach. There's tons of uncertainty with this team, they can be really shitty due to the lack of chemistry but on the other hand they may also surprise us all. Pierce and KG will giving out their last remaining energy in what they know will be their last hunt for one more championship ring. Ray Allen got his 2nd ring, and probably a 3rd in the upcoming season, so it's sure that Paul and KG don't want to retire with only one ring each. They'll display some 11' mavs level of hunger which make a huge impact imho

RsxPiimp
09-04-2013, 10:04 AM
So, not only does OP think that Kirby at 35 with a torn achilles will be better/more efficient than Harden in the coming season(with Houston having improved big time), he also thinks Paul George(shot 41.9% last season) will be ahead of Harden as well. :lol

Kirby will possibly be the 3rd/4th best SG behind Harden,Wade(if healthy) and maybe even Paul George.

I say right now the only 3 teams that could really challenge the Heat would be Spurs,Rockets and the Pacers. all 3 have a front court that Miami can't really defend and all 3 should be good enough defensively to keep Lebron under 50% shooting. Bulls would be my dark horse with a healthy rose but tbh if Wade is healthy Bulls still lose in 6 games(Rose chokes in the playoffs).

i dont put too much stock on efficiency. kobe's the type of nigga who likes to shoot and doesn't play for your validation (his words, verbatim) I look at what he brings to the table and so far he brought 5 yummylicious championship rings.

there's also this thing called improvement and george shooting 41% or what have you last season has zero connection to whatbhe'll bring this year.

harden is a flopper, dudes like that get zero respect in my book

Phillip
09-04-2013, 10:16 AM
They should still cruise to the 1st or 2nd seed in the East. Having Birdman for a full year should be helpful, as he was fantastic for them last year. If Oden can give them anything at all, that's a bonus to have a guy that can go in there and guard the real big guys like Hibbert, Gasol, Dwight, etc...

60 wins at least. They cruised to 66 this past year while coasting the 1st half of the season, and Wade dealing with injuries.

Phillip
09-04-2013, 10:17 AM
:lmao paul george

dude is getting so overrated, simply because he was on fire against Miami and hitting shots he has never hit in his life. Dude is not a top 5 SG/SF. He is simply a solid all-star. No handles, mediocre jump shot... no thanks.

spurraider21
09-04-2013, 10:39 AM
i dont put too much stock on efficiency

clearly

RsxPiimp
09-04-2013, 10:47 AM
:lmao paul george

dude is getting so overrated, simply because he was on fire against Miami and hitting shots he has never hit in his life. Dude is not a top 5 SG/SF. He is simply a solid all-star. No handles, mediocre jump shot... no thanks.
he's being overrated because of potential, he can ge there with enough hard work.

Vash StampedE
09-04-2013, 12:15 PM
Sure isn't the Lakers.

Rogue
09-05-2013, 02:12 AM
Oden wouldn't make a significant impact on this team anyway, due to his poor mobility which makes him a naturally horrible fit for the small-ball system. He'll be helpful against certain teams like NY and Indiana, and players like TC and Hibert, but it's still gonna be the small ball featuring my nigga bron and Wade that will win them another 2-3 championships, and the 07' #1 draft pick wouldn't have much to contribute in that regard, imho.

Chillen
09-05-2013, 06:55 AM
Indiana, Brooklyn and the Bulls all have potential to beat Miami but they have to do it first, taking them to 6 or 7 games and losing doesn't do it. I like the Spurs chances to beat them if they rematch, they really give them fits, Clippers, Grizz, Warriors if they make the Finals could be tough for them, I'd say they can beat the Thunder. You have to wonder if they can stay healthy, going to the Finals 3 straight seasons it would be amazing if they all hold up and nobody gets banged up this time. They will go for homecourt and the #1 seed because without homecourt I don't see them 3peating. If they do it will be hardest NBA title that core has won yet, we all know they can thank Ray Allen personally for the last one, but it's just gonna get tougher. I'd say they have a pretty good shot at it though, especially if Oden stays healthy but won't be easy at all everyone will be taking their best shot at them for sure, who doesn't want to be the team to knock off the Heat, yeah it will be tough if coach Spo can keep them all healthy.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
09-05-2013, 07:55 AM
http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/lebron-james-michael-jordan-game-6-meme.jpg