PDA

View Full Version : Spurs to Workout Pietrus, Bibby and, Possibly Sebastian Telfair

cd021
09-03-2013, 10:27 PM
"According to Jared Zwerling of ESPNNewYork.com, the San Antonio Spurs are holding a mini-camp this week with some training camp invites and notable veterans Mike Bibby and Mickael Pietrus are also among the players working out for San Antonio."

-Project Spurs
http://www.projectspurs.com/2013-articles/september/report-mike-bibby-mickael-pietrus-working-out-for-spurs.html

Also from Project Spurs

http://www.projectspurs.com/2013-articles/september/report-spurs-interested-in-telfair.html

Telfair is drawing interest from the Spurs, Lakers and Celtics.

NickiRasgo
09-03-2013, 10:35 PM
Bibby is done. I'll take Ivey over him. But good thing it's only a workout. Telfair seems nice but I dunno, maybe if he could play how TJ Ford played for us during 2011-2012 run. Pietrus would be nice for backup SF, would be nice as well if he could play like how he played in Magic (somehow not realistic) or just even in Celtics.

spurs10
09-03-2013, 11:17 PM
"According to Jared Zwerling of ESPNNewYork.com, the San Antonio Spurs are holding a mini-camp this week with some training camp invites and notable veterans Mike Bibby and Mickael Pietrus are also among the players working out for San Antonio."

-Project Spurs
http://www.projectspurs.com/2013-articles/september/report-mike-bibby-mickael-pietrus-working-out-for-spurs.html

Also from Project Spurs

http://www.projectspurs.com/2013-articles/september/report-spurs-interested-in-telfair.html

Telfair is drawing interest from the Spurs, Lakers and Celtics.
I actually saw the master tape of "Are You Experienced" and the guy mastering the record wrote on the box "distorted." Next to that was written "distortion intention" signed JH. Pretty mind blowing! I always enjoy seeing your Hendrix stuff on here. Thanks for the mini-camp report!

Darius Bieber
09-03-2013, 11:24 PM
Sean Elliott will like Bibby on the team, another Arizona guy.

spurs10
09-03-2013, 11:28 PM
Why isn't Pietrus with the FNT? I'm guessing he's looking for a job..??

ace3g
09-03-2013, 11:30 PM
Bruno can go more in depth, but he hasn't been with FNT for some time now.

spurs10
09-04-2013, 12:25 AM
Bruno (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=2449) can go more in depth, but he hasn't been with FNT for some time now. Thanks! Wondering about his relationship with Tony and Boris really...

heyheymymy
09-04-2013, 02:45 AM
I actually saw the master tape of "Are You Experienced" and the guy mastering the record wrote on the box "distorted." Next to that was written "distortion intention" signed JH. Pretty mind blowing! I always enjoy seeing your Hendrix stuff on here. Thanks for the mini-camp report!

yeah gotta love the resident hendrix fan

therealtruth
09-04-2013, 07:20 AM
Bibby was done when he helped the Heat lose in '11.

Vash StampedE
09-04-2013, 08:29 AM
Of those 3, it's Pietrus that I would consider having on our team.

Skoobz
09-04-2013, 08:36 AM
Spurs will be working out everyones Momma next!

Texas_Ranger
09-04-2013, 09:52 AM
yea, work those guard. We really need them!

ohmwrecker
09-04-2013, 11:00 AM
Unfortunately, the best of these three players is still not good enough to significantly contribute to this team.

Bruno
09-04-2013, 11:47 AM

In 2006, Pietrus was with The FNT and it went bad. He wasn't able to hit a jump-shot and wasn't happy about his role. After that summer, the coach just decided no to select him. When there was a possibility, Pietrus turn down the NT with as fake? reason a wrist injury. In 2011, he should have finally be back with the NT but they discover he had a knee injury during medical exams made before the training camp. He isn't with the team this year mostly because he hasn't been good lately.

Pietrus know Parker and Diaw for a long time. They won together the U18 Eurobasket in 2000 and Pietrus was a teammate with Diaw in Europe before joining the NBA. I would say they are relatively good friends even if there were a cold few years ago between Pietrus and Parker after Parker said in an interview that Pietrus wasn't a proven NBA player. They talked about it and are reportedly over that incident.

DAF86
09-04-2013, 12:09 PM
They won together the U18 Eurobasket in 2000 and Pietrus was a teammate with Diaw in Europe before joining the NBA. I would say they are relatively good friends even if there were a cold few years ago between Pietrus and Parker after Parker said in an interview that Pietrus wasn't a proven NBA player. They talked about it and are reportedly over that incident.

:lol Parker speaking his mind more than recommended per par.

If he has anything left, Pietrus could be good for us.

Vash StampedE
09-04-2013, 12:22 PM
Pietrus has not shown that he's an NBA player the past few years but didn't he do good during 2009 when he was still in Orlando?

xmas1997
09-04-2013, 01:10 PM
What's the word on Telfair?

SpurSwag
09-04-2013, 01:38 PM
Would be really open to Pietrus and think telfair could be interesting. Bibby is more than done

Sean Cagney
09-04-2013, 01:45 PM
Of those 3, it's Pietrus that I would consider having on our team.

You are right.

TrainOfThought5
09-04-2013, 01:46 PM
Pietrus has not shown that he's an NBA player the past few years but didn't he do good during 2009 when he was still in Orlando?

Thats four almost five years ago.

Vash StampedE
09-04-2013, 01:57 PM
Thats four almost five years ago.
Just thought that he could still play that kind of basketball, if given opportunity, as opposed to what Parker said in the past regarding Pietrus not being a proven NBA player, per Bruno's post.

cd021
09-04-2013, 02:36 PM

Thats pretty damn cool.

I put that under my over my avatar because I think it shows how unique Hendrix was.

Mr. Body
09-04-2013, 02:44 PM
Would have been exciting news about half a decade ago, if not more.

Gooshie
09-04-2013, 03:09 PM
I workout at the same gym as Bibby here in Scottsdale and I see him there quite often. He's usually working with weights and other core exercises but I've never seen him on the bball court at that gym. Anyways, he looks to be in good shape, but as others have mentioned, he didn't look too good in his last couple NBA stops.

Hoops Czar
09-04-2013, 03:47 PM
Sign Pietrus, and Telfair, dump Mills or De Colo. It won't salvage the off season, but would definitely fill some much needed holes.

SpurPadre
09-04-2013, 07:42 PM
Sign Pietrus, and Telfair, dump Mills or De Colo. It won't salvage the off season, but would definitely fill some much needed holes.

Isn't Telfair a head case, though? Or is he just a guy who hasn't been able to nearly meet the expectations given of him?

PlayNando
09-04-2013, 08:18 PM
fk these washed up tosb clowns, tbh.

DAF86
09-04-2013, 08:36 PM
fk these washed up tosb clowns, tbh.

Pietrus brings some much needed international intelligence.

PlayNando
09-04-2013, 08:45 PM
Pietrus brings some much needed international intelligence.
He could be of use on the coaching staff, but not on the roster, tbh.

TheGoldStandard
09-04-2013, 09:12 PM
Have we reached the bottom of the barrel?

ata
09-05-2013, 01:01 AM
In 2006, Pietrus was with The FNT and it went bad. He wasn't able to hit a jump-shot and wasn't happy about his role. After that summer, the coach just decided no to select him. When there was a possibility, Pietrus turn down the NT with as fake? reason a wrist injury. In 2011, he should have finally be back with the NT but they discover he had a knee injury during medical exams made before the training camp...

Sounds very much like Udrih

spurs10
09-05-2013, 01:58 AM
In 2006, Pietrus was with The FNT and it went bad. He wasn't able to hit a jump-shot and wasn't happy about his role. After that summer, the coach just decided no to select him. When there was a possibility, Pietrus turn down the NT with as fake? reason a wrist injury. In 2011, he should have finally be back with the NT but they discover he had a knee injury during medical exams made before the training camp. He isn't with the team this year mostly because he hasn't been good lately.

Pietrus know Parker and Diaw for a long time. They won together the U18 Eurobasket in 2000 and Pietrus was a teammate with Diaw in Europe before joining the NBA. I would say they are relatively good friends even if there were a cold few years ago between Pietrus and Parker after Parker said in an interview that Pietrus wasn't a proven NBA player. They talked about it and are reportedly over that incident. Once again, thank you Bruno.

admiralsnackbar
09-05-2013, 02:00 AM
Have we reached the bottom of the barrel?

It's September, so... yes.

spurs10
09-05-2013, 02:01 AM
Thats pretty damn cool.

I put that under my over my avatar because I think it shows how unique Hendrix was. Was he ever! A complete genius....just passing through...........

spurs10
09-05-2013, 02:06 AM
yeah gotta love the resident hendrix fanIf you're a resident Neil fan, then you're not alone. Sorry for the rock n'roll talk on a basketball site. It's summer, and Hendrix was a southpaw like Manu!

heyheymymy
09-05-2013, 03:52 AM
If you're a resident Neil fan, then you're not alone. Sorry for the rock n'roll talk on a basketball site. It's summer, and Hendrix was a southpaw like Manu!

good to know we got some rock n roll spurs fans over here. and yes, i think during the summer you get a little bit of a pass on off topic stuff, but i do apologize for straying off track here.