Kempes
Cruyff
Platini
Zico
Zidane
Socrates

DAF86
09-04-2013, 10:53 AM
Only have seen Zidane play live. But if what it's said about them it's true, it should be something like:

Cruyff
Zico
Platini
Zidane
Socrates
Kempes

Brazil
09-04-2013, 10:59 AM
Only have seen Zidane play live. But if what it's said about them it's true, it should be something like:

Cruyff
Zico
Platini
Zidane
Socrates
Kempes

that sounds legit but I would move up Socrates and move down Zico

Cruyff
Platini
Socrates
Zidane
Zico
Kempes

Jodelo
09-04-2013, 11:24 AM
Did only saw Zidane live so i can't rank them, hate to do that by hearing stuffs about them.

No offense Brazil.

Brazil
09-04-2013, 12:16 PM
Did only saw Zidane live so i can't rank them, hate to do that by hearing stuffs about them.

No offense Brazil.

no issue, that's just for discussion.

I have seen played most of them even if I was a bit young for some like Socrates Cruyff but seen a lot of their world cup games.

lefty
09-04-2013, 01:19 PM
Socrates wasnt really a 10 (and im not talking jersey number, but his role)

Aaah the 82 Brazil team, fucking underachievers ...... what a shame

Brazil
09-04-2013, 01:39 PM
Socrates wasnt really a 10 (and im not talking jersey number, but his role)

Aaah the 82 Brazil team, fucking underachievers ...... what a shame

Falcao, Zico, Socrates... but for me 86 was even better Socrates, Careca, Zico, Branco...

Brazilian love the 86 generation. They are mad as hell that Luis Fernandez made them eat dust, strangely enough nobody seems to be mad at Zico or Socrates for missing penalties.

I, for one, consider France fate in football is to screw Brazil in WC. That's our only and sole purpose :lol

lefty
09-04-2013, 01:56 PM
Falcao, Zico, Socrates... but for me 86 was even better Socrates, Careca, Zico, Branco...

Brazilian love the 86 generation. They are mad as hell that Luis Fernandez made them eat dust, strangely enough nobody seems to be mad at Zico or Socrates for missing penalties.

I, for one, consider France fate in football is to screw Brazil in WC. That's our only and sole purpose :lol

Yeah but Zico played injured in 86

And Eder wasnt part of the squad that year (well his fault, he had discipline issues, but still he was an important player)

Eh, but that's sports !

But let's not talk about 82 and 86 WC anymore; the team Algeria had :cry

Beat Germany in 82
Almost beat Brazil in 86, we missed a couple of sitters, and gift wrapped the only goal of the game to Careca :bang

Assad, Belloumi, Madjer, Dahleb, the other Zidane, Merzkane, Bensaoula, Guendouz, Cerbah, Drid

:cry Dear God

:cry We'll never have another team like that, not the way our football is being run

Brazil
09-04-2013, 04:06 PM
Yeah but Zico played injured in 86

And Eder wasnt part of the squad that year (well his fault, he had discipline issues, but still he was an important player)

Eh, but that's sports !

But let's not talk about 82 and 86 WC anymore; the team Algeria had :cry

Beat Germany in 82
Almost beat Brazil in 86, we missed a couple of sitters, and gift wrapped the only goal of the game to Careca :bang

Assad, Belloumi, Madjer, Dahleb, the other Zidane, Merzkane, Bensaoula, Guendouz, Cerbah, Drid

:cry Dear God

:cry We'll never have another team like that, not the way our football is being run

Zico started indeed the game on the bench but IIRC gave very solid minutes to Brazil and even in prolongation. Socrates was better than in 82 and Careca was beasting.

For the rest, I agree at that time Algeria had a good team.... ahhh Madjer well known of the French Division 1. If you cry for 82 and 86 imagine the French !

Brazil
09-04-2013, 04:19 PM
maybe I should start a rank 10s in activity, a lot of young guys out there indeed don't know very much these dudes. Big issue is that the traditional number 10s are not very common those days tbh...

What would be interesting to rank Lefty ? xavi, riquelme...

lefty
09-04-2013, 04:50 PM
For the rest, I agree at that time Algeria had a good team.... ahhh Madjer well known of the French Division 1. If you cry for 82 and 86 imagine the French !

The scary part was that, at the time, Madjer wasnt even the best player on that team

Pelé was actually a big fan of Assad, and France coach Michel Hidalgo liked Belloumi; as for Dahleb, you must have heard of him, former Captain and playmaker of PSG

France had a great team in the 80's .... they got robbed in both semifinals .... fucking West Germany :flipoff

maybe I should start a rank 10s in activity, a lot of young guys out there indeed don't know very much these dudes. Big issue is that the traditional number 10s are not very common those days tbh...

What would be interesting to rank Lefty ? xavi, riquelme...

that's what I miss the most about football ... those true number 10's, magicians, playmakers and spectacular scorers at the same time ... 10 was so iconic back then, you had to deserve that number ....

Yeah we could start with Xavi, Riquelme, etc

ElNono
09-04-2013, 04:55 PM
Kempes
Cruyff
Platini
Zico
Zidane
Socrates

Kempes was more of a 9... striker... he didn't have playmaking abilities like a true 10.

Cruyff
Zico
Zidane
Platini
Socrates
Kempes

Platini was overrated as fuck, IMO... he was basically the only 'good' euro 10 in an era dominated by south american players at his position (Zico, Maradona, Francescoli, etc)... he was a good free throw shooter, but so were all the other guys.

lefty
09-04-2013, 04:59 PM
I wouldnt say Platini was overrated; he was also a fantastic passer and a verstaile scorer; sure he didnt dribble past 10 guys like Diego or Pele did, but he had a great feel for the game; he was also a clutch mofo

Now Beckham was overrated as fuck

Brazil
09-04-2013, 05:09 PM
Kempes was more of a 9... striker... he didn't have playmaking abilities like a true 10.

Cruyff
Zico
Zidane
Platini
Socrates
Kempes

Platini was overrated as fuck, IMO... he was basically the only 'good' euro 10 in an era dominated by south american players at his position (Zico, Maradona, Francescoli, etc)... he was a good free throw shooter, but so were all the other guys.

you surely know kempes better than me I was seeing more of a 10 than a 9 so I stand corrected.

For Platini we are going to, obviously, disagree. Maradona is clearly on his own planet but out of him and Cruyff, he has the edge in my eyes on every other 10s. God knows I'm huge of Francescoli, he played in France in Paris and Marseille but he is no close to Platini. The FNT of the 80's, two semi-finals and one euro won is all about Platini, he was the key piece on the field and btw was clearly the coach of the team. He is the definition of playmaker, everything started with him on every team he played.

Brazil
09-04-2013, 05:10 PM
I wouldnt say Platini was overrated; he was also a fantastic passer and a verstaile scorer; sure he didnt dribble past 10 guys like Diego or Pele did, but he had a great feel for the game; he was also a clutch mofo

Now Beckham was overrated as fuck

my n'gga !

ElNono
09-04-2013, 05:33 PM
OVERRATED, I saaaaaaid :lol

ElNono
09-04-2013, 05:34 PM
I would agree he was much better than the 10 you see in this day and age though...

ALVAREZ6
09-04-2013, 07:58 PM
Francescoli = Diego Milito = Rocky Balboa

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS6TJfm6ZHrtEuFaCVsk499hek12h0RT 9a65Crfu61RVgz0aKSY
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/attachments/general-chat/66594d1274623067-diego-milito-young-sylvester-stallone-diego-milito.jpg http://wallpapersus.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/movies-rocky-balboa-actors-sylvester-stallone-rocky-italian-stallion.jpg

lefty
09-04-2013, 08:01 PM
Enzo Milito

diego
09-07-2013, 11:17 AM

Cruyff
Zico
Zidane
Platini
Socrates
Kempes

Kempes and socrates are different types of players than the rest. I think Cruyff/platini/zico are very similar, their differences are intangible. Zidane I think is not as good a playmaker/passer, but physically and defensively is on another level from the rest, better suited to the modern game. If I had to choose one for my team I'd go with Cruyff, then platini, then zico. Platini isn't overrated, IMO zico is much more overrated. He was captain of underachieving teams and spent half his career on crap teams (right when money was really flooding the sport). Like all Brazilian players he counts his goals in friendlies and such but in WC / Italy he was nowhere near the scorer he was in Brazilian league. I don't like platini much but I respect his game, and he actually won his club and NT a lot.

I'd even go as far to say that riquelme is better than zico.

Xavi I think is also different from a 10, he is more like veron, a 5 with an offensive focus on passing and playmaking but not an offensive force like cruyff/platini etc.

Brazil
09-07-2013, 05:22 PM
Kempes and socrates are different types of players than the rest. I think Cruyff/platini/zico are very similar, their differences are intangible. Zidane I think is not as good a playmaker/passer, but physically and defensively is on another level from the rest, better suited to the modern game. If I had to choose one for my team I'd go with Cruyff, then platini, then zico. Platini isn't overrated, IMO zico is much more overrated. He was captain of underachieving teams and spent half his career on crap teams (right when money was really flooding the sport). Like all Brazilian players he counts his goals in friendlies and such but in WC / Italy he was nowhere near the scorer he was in Brazilian league. I don't like platini much but I respect his game, and he actually won his club and NT a lot.

I'd even go as far to say that riquelme is better than zico.

Xavi I think is also different from a 10, he is more like veron, a 5 with an offensive focus on passing and playmaking but not an offensive force like cruyff/platini etc.

Nice post Diego. Agreed regarding zico. Last old tradition 10 still playing is riquelme.

lefty
09-07-2013, 06:30 PM
Zico's Brazil didnt win the WC because of shitty D and goaltending

Vs Italy in 82, the GWG from Rossi was the result of a horrible mistake

And dont get me started on Oscar's timing vs France :lol