PDA

View Full Version : Marko Jaric: Expected to Visit Cavs

ducks
07-21-2005, 09:42 PM
Marko Jaric: Expected to Visit Cavs
RotoWire.com Staff - RotoWire.com
Thursday, July 21, 2005

Update: Jaric is expected to visit the Cavaliers on Thursday or Friday, the Akron Beacon-Journal reports.

Recommendation: There seems to be a debate between the Akron paper and the Cleveland Plain Dealer as to whom the Cavs will sign to play the point for them. The Dealer thinks Euroleague star Sarunas Jasikevicius will join the team while the Beacon Journal has the Cavs making a move for Jaric. A potential wild card is how big the NBA's salary cap will be this season. If it's around $48 million, then Jasikevicius is the man. If the cap is around $52 million then Cleveland may have enough cap room to sign (or trade for) Jaric, who's believed to be asking for $5 million a season.

Updated on Thursday, Jul 21, 2005 3:16 pm EDT

AFE7FATMAN
07-22-2005, 12:59 AM
IMO if there is a way, the Cav's will end up getting both of the guys, by the end of the year. I like what Danny Ferry has done so far. I've read that the Cav's are looking for a run and gun, up tempo - type club, if so than Sarunas is the guy, however I think Mike Brown is a little bit more D oriented.

I think the cav's are going to be a real good team. Hope Larry Brown does not go there. I would expect him to go to the Nicks-next year.

WalterBenitez
07-22-2005, 07:01 AM
IMO Jaric could be as successful as Manu if only he weren't worried about his hairstyle, look and smile.

Marcus Bryant
07-22-2005, 07:54 AM
What's left is for the Cavs to drop Gooden and add Malik Rose. He'd be a really nice fit for their team.