PDA

View Full Version : The "n" word - serious question

cantthinkofanything
09-05-2013, 01:10 PM
Ok...so some black people say that it's OK for them to use it among their own race but it's not OK for a white person to use it because they will never understand the true context.

When I grew up, "nig9er" was only used in a derogatory manner so there was no question in my mind that it was an offensive word.

But for a kid growing up today, 90% of the time, it's used as a greeting or some other friendly manner or some filler in some song...mostly by black people.

How the hell is a white kid supposed to know that this is a bad word and offensive to black people?

Two10Whitey
09-05-2013, 01:22 PM
Everyone uses the word. Hiphop and black films have convinced people of all races that its cool to drop the N bomb as long as it ends with "a" and not "er".

HarlemHeat37
09-05-2013, 01:26 PM
White people shouldn't use "nigga", I don't know why there are still people that question the reasons, tbh..just use your common sense and don't use it, it will always cause controversy, relax and get over it, tbh..

I haven't seen many cases of White people using the word, to be fair, tbh..

I see a lot of Latinos in America using it, and Arabs in Canada using it, though, which is also stupid, tbh..

cantthinkofanything
09-05-2013, 01:28 PM
White people shouldn't use "nigga", I don't know why there are still people that question the reasons, tbh..just use your common sense and don't use it, it will always cause controversy, relax and get over it, tbh..

I haven't seen many cases of White people using the word, to be fair, tbh..

I see a lot of Latinos in America using it, and Arabs in Canada using it, though, which is also stupid, tbh..

Fine with me. But if black people want whites to quit using it, they should quit putting it in every fucking song that they rely on white $ to purchase.

Bigzax
09-05-2013, 01:33 PM
DimBoKWk4YA

CuckingFunt
09-05-2013, 01:35 PM
Ok...so some black people say that it's OK for them to use it among their own race but it's not OK for a white person to use it because they will never understand the true context.

When I grew up, "nig9er" was only used in a derogatory manner so there was no question in my mind that it was an offensive word.

But for a kid growing up today, 90% of the time, it's used as a greeting or some other friendly manner or some filler in some song...mostly by black people.

How the hell is a white kid supposed to know that this is a bad word and offensive to black people?

White kids know the word's history. Everyone knows.

The bigger issue is that the traditions and expressions of other cultures don't exist for white folk to pick and choose and play with like toys and costumes.

cantthinkofanything
09-05-2013, 01:42 PM

The bigger issue is that the traditions and expressions of other cultures don't exist for white folk to pick and choose and play with like toys and costumes.

Bullshit. You think they go over this in school at length? How are they supposed to understand the true vitriolic nature of the word when they mostly hear it in rap songs or movies?

Seriously...where do you think they get educated about the true nature of the word?

RD2191
09-05-2013, 01:45 PM
If blacks can say it then whites can say it.

Trill Clinton
09-05-2013, 01:54 PM
lol@ this thread. http://img.pandawhale.com/54546-Cheers-Toast-gif-OLQT.gif

Trill Clinton
09-05-2013, 01:54 PM

ya'll made it up, so have at it.

Two10Whitey
09-05-2013, 02:10 PM
ya'll made it up, so have at it.
So if a white kid trying act cool asks you "what's up ni**a?" You're not offended? How do you reply?

lebomb
09-05-2013, 02:11 PM

Thats not the way it works............. we can say it, yet dare yall to. :nope Otherwise we may have to bust a :makemyday in dat ass.

spurs_fan_in_exile
09-05-2013, 02:24 PM
We get jealous of things we can't have. I can only imagine how much pissing and moaning we must have been doing about you guys getting your own water fountains that they finally did away with that shit.

Avante
09-05-2013, 02:26 PM

Do you greet old people with....hey old timer....nope! Do you greet fat people with...hey fatso....nope! Why would anyone call a black cat anything?

Spurminator
09-05-2013, 02:30 PM

When they say it and everyone stops what they're doing and looks at them in shock, that's usually a good hint. It's not like they're going to get knifed when they're five years old and trying a new word out in public.

Trill Clinton
09-05-2013, 02:30 PM
So if a white kid trying act cool asks you "what's up ni**a?" You're not offended? How do you reply?
That's different. In that scenario I'd respond by slapping him. That is a repercussion of calling a black person the n word to their face. Same as calling a hispanic a wetback, a jew a kike or an asian a gook. You can say it but just be prepared for the receiver to have a negative response.

So say the n word at home, around friends n family or online. Just know using the word in public will have negative reactions, word to riley cooper.

I don't know why white people want to say the n word so bad any way. Ill have to make a thread in that.

Koolaid_Man
09-05-2013, 02:41 PM

as a white person you can use it as long as you rap it..for example if you have black employees who ask for a raise all you gotta do is rap that shit and it's acceptable

"So your black ass want a raise, ain't done shit for days, you faggot ass niggas chill with da gays sportin short ass hair waves...but Imma say no you wanna cop some figures man fuck you niggas and if you get mad Imma squeeze on some triggas....so yea niggas run and tell Eric Holder that you fucking black ass sewer rats...

Koolaid_Man
09-05-2013, 02:42 PM

if I know him it's cool...if I don't it's on

Koolaid_Man
09-05-2013, 02:43 PM

you're just as wise as you are beautiful

cantthinkofanything
09-05-2013, 02:46 PM
IDK...I was getting gas at 7-11 the other day and this black person was sitting in his car with the windows down in front of the store with his stereo blaring some rap song that was saying "fuck" every other word. I walked over and stood by his car and when he looked at me, I shook my head and said "nig9er please". Then I reached in and turned his stereo off. He looked mad as hell after that. I'm not sure rapping it would have made a difference.

Koolaid_Man
09-05-2013, 02:52 PM
IDK...I was getting gas at 7-11 the other day and this black person was sitting in his car with the windows down in front of the store with his stereo blaring some rap song that was saying "fuck" every other word. I walked over and stood by his car and when he looked at me, I shook my head and said "nig9er please". Then I reached in and turned his stereo off. He looked mad as hell after that. I'm not sure rapping it would have made a difference.

that's amazing...how are you able to remember your dreams so vividly

Axegrinder
09-05-2013, 02:53 PM
IDK...I was getting gas at 7-11 the other day and this black person was sitting in his car with the windows down in front of the store with his stereo blaring some rap song that was saying "fuck" every other word. I walked over and stood by his car and when he looked at me, I shook my head and said "nig9er please". Then I reached in and turned his stereo off. He looked mad as hell after that. I'm not sure rapping it would have made a difference.Likely scenario :downspin:

lebomb
09-05-2013, 02:54 PM
that's amazing...how are you able to remember your dreams so vividly

..........except he forgot the part of his dream where that nigga shot his ass after

cantthinkofanything
09-05-2013, 02:58 PM
..........except he forgot the part of his dream where that nigga shot his ass after

nah...he saw the look in my eyes and knew he better just sit there. I'm not bragging but I've got that look and stance that says I know how to kick ass.

resistanze
09-05-2013, 03:02 PM

Well I think that's besides the point. If the question was 'why can't a white person call black people ni**a too?'

Quite frankly, everyone is free to use whatever word they want, but you can't then expect to control people's reactions as well. If anyone is dying to use the word, have at it.

I. Hustle
09-05-2013, 03:03 PM
I see a lot of Latinos in America using it, which is also stupid, tbh..

Why? A lot of Mexicans are from Cuba or Puerto Rico where there are blecks.

silverblk mystix
09-05-2013, 03:06 PM
Only puppets allow other people to pull their strings.

So if a "word" gets you all upset and ready to assault someone - you are a weak puppet and anyone can control you.

lebomb
09-05-2013, 03:24 PM

So if a "word" gets you all upset and ready to assault someone - you are a weak puppet and anyone can control you.

My nigga!!! :toast

Trill Clinton
09-05-2013, 03:34 PM

yea that whole "sticks n stones" bullshit played out in the 80's doggie. let a stranger walk up to your wife or daughter and call them a ****, bitch or whore and i bet you'd be ready to fight.

cantthinkofanything
09-05-2013, 03:35 PM
yea that whole "sticks n stones" bullshit played out in the 80's doggie. let a stranger walk up to boyfriend and call them a ****, bitch or whore and i bet you'd be ready to fight.

FIFY...you were responding to sbm.

Trill Clinton
09-05-2013, 03:42 PM
FIFY...you were responding to sbm.

http://i43.tinypic.com/aai1cw.jpg

Blake
09-05-2013, 03:43 PM

Describes you perfectly, puppet.

Blake
09-05-2013, 03:43 PM

silverblk mystix
09-05-2013, 03:54 PM

For example, everyone knows Blake is a Cuck - but he continues to allow his girl to get deep-dicked while he watches- as if he never heard the label that you attached to him.

Very impressive. Blake might be a mystic - or a Cuckmystic lol

The Reckoning
09-05-2013, 04:41 PM
it's a dumb ass word that's a signal of ignorance. black white silver yellow crimson, don't care who you are.

people in australia say it alot, and they genuinely don't know that it's considered a bad term in the US. like shawty or some shit.

cantthinkofanything
09-05-2013, 04:45 PM
it's a dumb ass word that's a signal of ignorance. black white silver yellow crimson, don't care who you are.

people in australia say it alot, and they genuinely don't know that it's considered a bad term in the US.

qxcvlskexzc

Trill Clinton
09-05-2013, 04:53 PM

people in australia say it alot, and they genuinely don't know that it's considered a bad term in the US. like shawty or some shit.

i blame it on S.Mouse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uL8R8k7q4_Q

Juan
09-05-2013, 05:01 PM
But if black people want whites to quit using it, they should quit putting it in every fucking song that they rely on white $ to purchase.

You'd end up blowing their mind with this comment. They aren't that bright if you haven't noticed...

Two10Whitey
09-05-2013, 05:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY16_nKORb8

AntiChrist
09-05-2013, 05:27 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/ny-case-puts-word-blacks-trial-20139860

philldafunk
09-05-2013, 05:41 PM
Where's Quentin Tarantino when you need him?

symple19
09-05-2013, 06:15 PM

J.T. named his fantasy team after that classic scene in Pulp Fiction :lmao

cantthinkofanything
09-05-2013, 08:23 PM

Have you checked your mom's vag?

sehui
09-06-2013, 12:42 PM
Are blacks okay with asians using the word nigga/******? We've never done shit to black people, hell we were like their compadres during the slavery times, with the asians working on railroads.

Honestly everyone should be allowed to say it, if you're angry, blame your own kind's music supported off of lighter skinned people's money. And Dave Chapelle. He made it cool to say it to the new generation.

Slim Charles
09-06-2013, 12:49 PM
Man, all these dumb ass folks in here claiming who can and can't use it should shut the hell up. Who gives a shit who says it or not? My boys that are white and ****** say it all the time and are more ******ish than some bruthas I know.
As long as you can back your shit up and aren't afraid of getting chin checked I say go for it.

Big Empty
09-06-2013, 01:12 PM
does it matter whether it ends with an A vs ER? I think thats where the lines get crossed.

DMC
09-06-2013, 08:13 PM
Bullshit. You think they go over this in school at length? How are they supposed to understand the true vitriolic nature of the word when they mostly hear it in rap songs or movies?

Seriously...where do you think they get educated about the true nature of the word?

Queer studies no doubt.

Rogue
09-06-2013, 08:26 PM
Nigga is a fine word to use, at least among close friends of the same race it is, imho. Like, some white dudes may call each other "nigga" without anyone feeling offended. just don't say that word to them black people when you're white or yellow, tbh.

Oh, Gee!!
09-08-2013, 06:02 PM
I hear youths of all races using it like as a general salutation for any person of any race or gender tbh. "Nigga" basically means person nowadays.

On the bus, I heard a young hispanic say "wassup, nigga?" to his hispanic friend, and his hispanic friend replied, "jus' chillin, nigga. wassup?" This was a packed bus with black people on it and nobody said or word or even cared.

Oh, Gee!!
09-08-2013, 06:08 PM
I hear young girls of all races use nigga all the time. It's just something kids say these days. I don't think it's jarring unless a white guy over the age of 35 says the word.

Rogue
09-09-2013, 08:26 AM
Agree 100%. that word nigga should be legalized before marijuana imho, and it's a completely different word than the traditional form of the N-word that ends with "-er".

Two10Whitey
09-09-2013, 08:40 AM
I still think its corny for non-blacks to use it. Especially when kids are switching up their accent and pretending like they were raised on the east side. But at the same time.. A lot of black dudes who are like "man ill beat that white boy up for saying nig" is just looking for an excuse to fight. Should just invent a new word that can be accepted by all.

Huey Freeman
09-10-2013, 03:57 AM
as a white person you can use it as long as you rap it..for example if you have black employees who ask for a raise all you gotta do is rap that shit and it's acceptable

"So your black ass want a raise, ain't done shit for days, you faggot ass niggas chill with da gays sportin short ass hair waves...but Imma say no you wanna cop some figures man fuck you niggas and if you get mad Imma squeeze on some triggas....so yea niggas run and tell Eric Holder that you fucking black ass sewer rats...

First time this dude has actually made me laugh :lmao