PDA

View Full Version : Scheduling?

Avante
09-06-2013, 11:52 AM
What in the hell is going on?

How can the Dolphins have only three road games in a ten week period?

The Vikes at home six out of eight weeks?

You gotta be kidding....the Titans on the road four of five weeks...???? Three road games in a row....why?

Then there's the Redskins....they finish the season playing four out of five games at home..why?

Saints open up with three of their first four at home....what? Then have a five week strecth with four of five on the road.

This shit is crazy.

Then we have the Packers, pretty much home then road, home then road. That's how it should be.

Look at last nights game, why are the Broncos and Ravens getting three days extra to prepare for their next game?

I haven't looked for this yet but there will be a game played between one team on the road again vs a team at home again. That just ain't right.

The Lions will play four road games in their first six weeks.....that sucks! Then they'll see five weeks with only one road game...huh?

I'm telling ya this home/road thing is huge in pro football....HUGE!

The league needs to dump those Thursday games (except Turkeyday) and go with home then road, to see a team play three road games in a row or home games ...why?

spurraider21
09-06-2013, 12:26 PM
whats crazy is that in the 17 week schedule every team has 8 home games 8 road games and a bye

Avante
09-06-2013, 12:34 PM
whats crazy is that in the 17 week schedule every team has 8 home games 8 road games and a bye

So you see no difference in this?

Arizona starting off playing four road games in six weeks vs Atlanta playing ...

on the road
at home
on the road
at home
at home
bye
at home

Miami starts off with two road games while Buffalo starts off with double home games. That's cool?

Why do teams want that home field?

spurraider21
09-06-2013, 12:38 PM
So you see no difference in this?

Arizona starting off playing four road games in six weeks vs Atlanta playing ...

on the road
at home
on the road
at home
at home
bye
at home

Miami starts off with two road games while Buffalo starts off with double home games. That's cool?

Why do teams want that home field?

that means over the course of the rest of the season Arizona will get more home games and Atlanta will get more road games

Avante
09-06-2013, 12:50 PM
that means over the course of the rest of the season Arizona will get more home games and Atlanta will get more road games

Work with me here, ok?

It's down to the last month of the season, you are in the playoff hunt. You finish the last four weeks with three road games. While another team in the playoff hunt plays three of their last four at home. That's cool?

leemajors
09-06-2013, 12:54 PM
them's the breaks and you know your schedule well beforehand. pretty simple.

Avante
09-06-2013, 12:59 PM
them's the breaks and you know your schedule well beforehand. pretty simple.

It's not about being simple, it's about being fair. You have any idea how hard it is to win back to back road games in the NFL?

Last season it was 12-48. 48 times teams failed to win both road games. How many times did teams lose both home games in a row? Try 40 times teams failed to lose two home games, losing both happened 12 times.

See the difference?

leemajors
09-06-2013, 01:02 PM
It's not about being simple, it's about being fair. You have any idea how hard it is to win back to back road games in the NFL?

Fair? :lol Injuries aren't "fair", weather isn't "fair". There are tons of things in football that are not "fair" and good teams react well to adversity. At least you know your schedule well beforehand.

Avante
09-06-2013, 01:06 PM
Fair? :lol Injuries aren't "fair", weather isn't "fair". There are tons of things in football that are not "fair" and good teams react well to adversity. At least you know your schedule well beforehand.

I;m not talking about things you can't control. Give me one good reason we can't have home/road. home/road...? Why put some teams in three road games scenarios and others with three home game scenarios?

leemajors
09-06-2013, 01:12 PM
I;m not talking about things you can't control. Give me one good reason we can't have home/road. home/road...? Why put some teams in three road games scenarios and others with three home game scenarios?

Stadiums host many events other than NFL games.

Avante
09-06-2013, 01:21 PM
Stadiums host many events other than NFL games.

You can't be serious. What event is more important than NFL football?

spurraider21
09-06-2013, 01:24 PM
Work with me here, ok?

It's down to the last month of the season, you are in the playoff hunt. You finish the last four weeks with three road games. While another team in the playoff hunt plays three of their last four at home. That's cool?
that just tells me that I had the home-heavier schedule to this point, and if I didn't take advantage of that, then shame on me

leemajors
09-06-2013, 01:29 PM
You can't be serious. What event is more important than NFL football?

You do understand most teams lease the stadiums they play in, right?

Avante
09-06-2013, 01:32 PM
that just tells me that I had the home-heavier schedule to this point, and if I didn't take advantage of that, then shame on me

The Raiders are 1-22 in double road trips the last 10 years.

Avante
09-06-2013, 01:35 PM
And if the NFL told the stadium brass they either comply with their wishs or...see ya!!!!! What would happen?

Spur|n|Austin
09-06-2013, 01:36 PM
So all the teams should end the season with home games? Somebody has to be the roadie..

leemajors
09-06-2013, 01:40 PM
And if the NFL told the stadiom brass they either comply with their wishs...see ya!!!!! What would happen?

The NFL would have to scramble hardcore to find 8 places for a team to play, attempt to pacify season ticket holders, and the stadium can schedule pop music concerts and rake in money regardless on concessions.

Avante
09-06-2013, 01:43 PM
So all the teams should end the season with home games? Somebody has to be the roadie..

That's not what I;m saying at all.

Everyone knows it's hard to win on the road in the NFL. That's why teams want that valued home field in the playoffs. So why put some teams in back to back to back road games while others get three consecutive home games? Why have some teams playing four road games in a five week period while others get four home games in a five week period? Where's the logic in that?

Avante
09-06-2013, 01:46 PM
The NFL would have to scramble hardcore to find 8 places for a team to play, attempt to pacify season ticket holders, and the stadium can schedule pop music concerts and rake in money regardless on concessions.

So how come we never see anything scheduled during playoff time in these stadiums but NFL football? Ever hear of...sorry but we have something else scheduled so you can't play your home playoff game here....well?

leemajors
09-06-2013, 01:47 PM
Why do the Spurs have to play on the road for two weeks every year? It's not fair!

Avante
09-06-2013, 01:51 PM
Why do the Spurs have to play on the road for two weeks every year? It's not fair!

You really don't get it at all do you?

leemajors
09-06-2013, 01:52 PM
So how come we never see anything scheduled during playoff time in these stadiums but NFL football? Ever hear of...sorry but we have something else scheduled so you can't play your home playoff game here....well?

I have made work schedules for a team of 8 people, and it sucked. When I was not a manager, I thought making a schedule was incredibly simple, but it wasn't. You have no idea what factors may or may not be in play for scheduling of home games for an NFL team, and to do so shows how incredibly dense you are. There is no doubt there are requests made by either side to avoid particular dates in particular cities at particular times of the year, whether it be the NFL or the person/group that owns the stadium. There is no way to know much of that as an NFL fan.

Avante
09-06-2013, 01:56 PM
I have made work schedules for a team of 8 people, and it sucked. When I was not a manager, I thought making a schedule was incredibly simple, but it wasn't. You have no idea what factors may or may not be in play for scheduling of home games for an NFL team, and to do so shows how incredibly dense you are. There is no doubt there are requests made by either side to avoid particular dates in particular cities at particular times of the year, whether it be the NFL or the person/group that owns the stadium. There is no way to know much of that as an NFL fan.

Dense is actually thinking if the NFL wanted a stadium they wouldn't get it.

Tell me how come they always get these stadiums come playoff time...always!

spurraider21
09-06-2013, 02:24 PM
The Raiders are 1-22 in double road trips the last 10 years.

the raiders have been terrible during the last 10 years so that's not really saying much

Clipper Nation
09-06-2013, 02:30 PM
Sounds like Avante is just setting up more excuses in advance for when his betting record turns out to be atrocious again :lol

:cry "It was the right play, the schedule just wasn't fair!" :cry

:cry "It's too hard to win road games, I'm still hitting 64% this year!" :cry

Lincoln
09-06-2013, 02:38 PM
Avante getting shit on in his own thread lmao

Avante
09-06-2013, 10:55 PM
Sounds like Avante is just setting up more excuses in advance for when his betting record turns out to be atrocious again :lol

:cry "It was the right play, the schedule just wasn't fair!" :cry

:cry "It's too hard to win road games, I'm still hitting 64% this year!" :cry

You can't be this fucking retarded.

Avante
09-06-2013, 10:56 PM
Avante getting shit on in his own thread lmao

Monkeyball...hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd love to see you tell my best friend Stan that.

Brodie Bruce
09-06-2013, 11:59 PM
Look at last nights game, why are the Broncos and Ravens getting three days extra to prepare for their next game?

The Super Bowl winner has been getting the Thursday kickoff game prior to Kickoff Sunday for about 10 years now. The reason the game was played in Denver and not Baltimore is because the Orioles had a home game that night and wouldn't give up the stadium. Rightfully so because they're in the race for a wild card berth and needed the home game. Every sport has road trips and homestands, it's something you should expect to deal with if you're going to play pro ball.

Spursfan092120
09-07-2013, 12:03 AM
Seriously...am I the only one who logs onto Spurstalk, looks at the NFL Forum, sees a thread Avante started, and says "Shut up" before I even look at it?

Brodie Bruce
09-07-2013, 12:16 AM
Seriously...am I the only one who logs onto Spurstalk, looks at the NFL Forum, sees a thread Avante started, and says "Shut up" before I even look at it?

Something tells me the answer to this question is no.

Avante
09-07-2013, 12:49 AM

Yeah you're a real winner alright...

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195125

Spursfan092120
09-07-2013, 10:23 AM
Yeah you're a real winner alright...

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195125
lol...that's a year ago...and only one poster even said anything. The difference here is...every one of your threads STILL annoys the shit out of people and you end up with pages of people telling you to just shut the hell up. (just like this thread). Seriously though..you come off so matter of fact and so arrogant and sarcastic that people get annoyed just SEEING your threads. Try to stop being so damn arrogant and maybe I wouldn't be right anymore.

Lincoln
09-07-2013, 12:11 PM
Monkeyball...hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd love to see you tell my best friend Stan that.

lmao cause we all know id run circles around your old diabetic ass. I don't think your 20 inch fatceps could catch me.

td4mvp2k
09-07-2013, 12:40 PM
Lmao Didnt know muslims liked football like phagot OP

Avante
09-08-2013, 12:05 PM
lol...that's a year ago...and only one poster even said anything. The difference here is...every one of your threads STILL annoys the shit out of people and you end up with pages of people telling you to just shut the hell up. (just like this thread). Seriously though..you come off so matter of fact and so arrogant and sarcastic that people get annoyed just SEEING your threads. Try to stop being so damn arrogant and maybe I wouldn't be right anymore.

Talking about the scheduling is being arrogant?

Avante
09-08-2013, 12:05 PM
lmao cause we all know id run circles around your old diabetic ass. I don't think your 20 inch fatceps could catch me.

Well you got thing right, you would be running.

Spursfan092120
09-08-2013, 03:02 PM
Talking about the scheduling is being arrogant?
No...I'm not talking about this thread necessarily. But your overall attitude. Your attitude is the same in every thread, so people don't want to talk to you...