PDA

View Full Version : Matt in the Philippines

outmap
09-07-2013, 07:51 AM
http://ph.sports.yahoo.com/photos/nba-cares-clinic-with-the-spurs-matt-bonner-slideshow/

Last month, LeBron visited the Philippines, a few weeks ago Kobe was also here. This weekend, the Red Mamba is here in Manila for NBA cares! LOL! He's here for a basketball clinic for kids. Love his sense of humor, a genuinely good guy. He's been getting a lot of trash from this forum but I liked what he did last season, didn't choke in the playoffs, played surprisingly well against Howard and ZBo. Didn't get much minutes when the match-up wasn't in favor. Good to have him on the team as a situational player, intelligent enough to be a player/assistant coach.

Next month we'll have a Rockets-Pacers pre-season game here. Hope the Spurs will have a game here as well, even if it just a pre-season, tune-up or exhibition game.

:toast

barakz21
09-07-2013, 09:06 AM
Say what you will about him, but the guy sure is a class act. Oh, and you forgot that the beard and Eric Gordon went there too. And DRose is on the way too.

Poolboy5623
09-07-2013, 10:22 AM
Now that he's finally not playing crunch time minutes, I don't see a reason to hate on Bonner..

Sean Cagney
09-07-2013, 12:36 PM
Now that he's finally not playing crunch time minutes, I don't see a reason to hate on Bonner..

I agree. I am not a big fan at all but he played his role last year and finally in the series where he would fade or a mismatch was in Pop would sit him and put someone else out there instead of having him out there missing shots and getting beat on D. He played his role perfect last year and was not overrelied on.

xmas1997
09-07-2013, 12:51 PM

I actually agree with you, he finally showed up in the playoffs, and as SeanC said was used properly. He could easily be an asset if he is used this way in the future.

racm
09-07-2013, 09:17 PM
You know why Matty was good last season playoff-wise? He had a lot of confidence after making the final round of the 3 Point Shootout and was clearly the fourth big as opposed to having big minutes.

That, and only one quick, athletic team to beat, and they lost in 7...

outmap
09-07-2013, 09:38 PM
Say what you will about him, but the guy sure is a class act. Oh, and you forgot that the beard and Eric Gordon went there too. And DRose is on the way too.

I forgot about Gordon and Harden. It's nice to see more and more players come here, can't wait for DRose and the Hou-Ind pre season game. :)

barakz21
09-07-2013, 09:42 PM
Lucky you. I'm here in the U.S, and the closest I came to watching an NBA game was when I watched an MLB game. Lol, but at least it was the Yankees..... Tickets cost a lot here.

NickiRasgo
09-07-2013, 10:21 PM
I was about to post this yesterday. :lol Yeah Bonner is here. LBJ was here two months ago then Kobe last month and Harden/Gordon then Bonner after that it'll be D-Rose then next month the pre-season game of Rockets and Pacers. Luckily for the fans, Rockets somehow manage to acquire D12 and Harden said D12 and Lin will play but I'm more interested seeing George, too bad I don't have ticket. :depressed Maybe the closest I could get is Access Pass for photographers but I don't have connection right now but I do shoot basketball games here.

Ticket is expensive too:

For as low as: Php550 = (approximately) $12
Php4,200 (Section D) = (approximately) $100
Php8,400 (Section C) = (approximately) $200
Php27,000 (Premium B) = (approximately) $625
Php32,300 (Premium A).= (approximately) $750
And as usual, on it's first day is sold-out because of those scallpers who would buy the ticket and re-sell it for higher cost.

outmap
09-07-2013, 11:37 PM
Ticket is expensive too:

For as low as: Php550 = (approximately) $12
Php4,200 (Section D) = (approximately) $100
Php8,400 (Section C) = (approximately) $200
Php27,000 (Premium B) = (approximately) $625
Php32,300 (Premium A).= (approximately) $750
And as usual, on it's first day is sold-out because of those scallpers who would buy the ticket and re-sell it for higher cost.

Tickets cost more than it is in the US. :(
I think it'll be televised on local TV though.

Hoops Czar
09-07-2013, 11:47 PM
I fail to see how this is even news. What's next? What did Patty Mills have for breakfast?

spurs10
09-08-2013, 12:07 AM
I fail to see how this is even news. What's next? What did Patty Mills have for breakfast? There is going to be a new thread for Patty's breakfast which I've heard from a very good source is quite hardy, and delectable to boot! :wow

Poolboy5623
09-08-2013, 12:26 AM
Is pop making the breakfast?

xmas1997
09-08-2013, 02:18 AM
Is pop making the breakfast?

No, Manu is.

lefty
09-08-2013, 02:29 AM
He is a class act, that's for sure

He is also shit on the court

Texas_Ranger
09-08-2013, 03:29 AM
he can stay there

Vash StampedE
09-08-2013, 06:24 AM
http://ph.sports.yahoo.com/photos/nba-cares-clinic-with-the-spurs-matt-bonner-slideshow/

Last month, LeBron visited the Philippines, a few weeks ago Kobe was also here. This weekend, the Red Mamba is here in Manila for NBA cares! LOL! He's here for a basketball clinic for kids. Love his sense of humor, a genuinely good guy. He's been getting a lot of trash from this forum but I liked what he did last season, didn't choke in the playoffs, played surprisingly well against Howard and ZBo. Didn't get much minutes when the match-up wasn't in favor. Good to have him on the team as a situational player, intelligent enough to be a player/assistant coach.

Next month we'll have a Rockets-Pacers pre-season game here. Hope the Spurs will have a game here as well, even if it just a pre-season, tune-up or exhibition game.

:toast
If the NBA organized a game here in the Philippines where Spurs is involved, I bet I would be able to buy a ticket and watch the game. You know that most if not all fans here in our country are not die-hard Spurs fans like you, I assume, and I. So I'm really looking forward to that idea and maybe, meet some of my fellow Filipino Spurs fans in the MOA. :toast

Uriel
09-09-2013, 07:48 AM
You mean I'm in the same country as a San Antonio Spur? :wow

racm
09-09-2013, 09:58 AM

TIL Uriel is from the PH.

barakz21
09-09-2013, 11:56 AM

I am, and not just a Spur, but THE Spurs. Too bad not in the same state Lol.

kobexxx
09-09-2013, 01:05 PM
agreed

skulls138
09-09-2013, 08:31 PM
Now that he's finally not playing crunch time minutes, I don't see a reason to hate on Bonner..Your right, now that he's not playing crunch time minutes, I really like him. Imagine if he never played crunch minutes. He'd be favorite player ever.

PlayNando
09-09-2013, 09:16 PM
msttt boner is theshit