PDA

View Full Version : Congress Shown Video of Victims of Syrian Chemical Attacks

DJR210
09-08-2013, 01:03 AM
The latest in the White House effort to convince Congress and the American people to strike Syria took place today with the release of video that shows victims of the attack dead, or near death. No visible trauma on the bodies of the victims, many of them children.

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/09/07/20377556-white-house-showed-gruesome-videos-to-senators-in-case-for-syria-strike

What do you think? Strike or no strike?

DMC
09-08-2013, 01:16 AM
It doesn't prove who used the gas. Strike what exactly? They aren't going to go for Assad or chemical plants. Just going to kill more poor people. When it's all said and done, this liberal ass administration will have just thumped the lion in the nuts and not killed it. Then the next admin will be forced to actually wipe out the regime and be branded war mongers for it.

If there's not a unified approach, then we do nothing. We aren't the police of the world and war crimes are international issues. This is a UN issue, not a US issue.

DJR210
09-08-2013, 02:08 AM
It doesn't prove who used the gas. Strike what exactly? They aren't going to go for Assad or chemical plants. Just going to kill more poor people. When it's all said and done, this liberal ass administration will have just thumped the lion in the nuts and not killed it. Then the next admin will be forced to actually wipe out the regime and be branded war mongers for it.

If there's not a unified approach, then we do nothing. We aren't the police of the world and war crimes are international issues. This is a UN issue, not a US issue.

I agree with most of what you said. The US needs to stop trying to police everyone else. I understand the US has interests and their own agenda, but a third war in 15 years is too fucking much. I don't agree with raising questions as to who used the chemical weapons. Maybe it exists somewhere, but I have yet to see Assad specifically deny their usage of chemical weapons.

DMC
09-08-2013, 02:13 AM
http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1318056/thumbs/s-BASHAR-ALASSAD-large.jpg?6 Syrian President Bashar Assad told Russia's Izvestia daily that his troops did not use chemical weapons in an attack on rebel-held suburb in a Damascus suburb last week where hundreds of people died. (File/Getty Images)

MOSCOW (AP) - Syrian President Bashar Assad said his troops did not use chemical weapons in an attack on a rebel-held suburb in a Damascus last week where hundreds of people died.
The United States have said that there is little doubt that Assad's regime was responsible for the attack on Aug. 21 in the capital's eastern suburbs. Anti-government activists and Doctors Without Borders say that more than 300 people were killed in an artillery barrage by regime forces Wednesday that included the use of toxic gas.

All I had to do was Google it. Do you expect Assad to call you personally?

lefty
09-08-2013, 02:20 AM
Where is Iron Man when you need him

Axegrinder
09-08-2013, 02:24 AM
Personally, I do think something needs to be done. I also believe Assad gassed, but I wouldnt be surprised if rebels did too. Its a slippery slope no doubt. But I'm definitely not for the US doing anything there without the aid of other countries. And not just one or two. Like DMC, I also am left wondering what exactly we would be targeting if we did do some big boy joystick work. Blowing up toxic materials doesnt sound like such a good idea..unless the idea is mass extermination. Cant we just employ HAARP to cause an earthquake in Assads shitter while hes taking a royal dump or something?

DJR210
09-08-2013, 02:55 AM
Do you expect Assad to call you personally?

This was the first I've seen of those claims. No need to act like a faggot about it.

No matter who did it, I would prefer we focus on our own problems, and like you said allow the UN to take a group action.

Biernutz
09-08-2013, 07:36 AM
There is no doubt in my mind that the only ones who know who did the attack,
how it was done and know the location of all the nerve gas is the Israelis.

Koolaid_Man
09-08-2013, 08:34 AM

you're not involved in any intel information gathering... so please close your trap....the UN inspectors were (and they were shot upon) and have already built a case...the problem is the UN itself doesn't want war even if they're all well aware Assad is guilty...I wonder what your opinion was when we invaded Iraq...we had ZERO evidence against Saddam and we thumb our noses at the UN...I'm guessing you were for that war...

when much is given much is demanded. The US has been given or blessed with power and so it's our duty to stop these kinds of crimes against humanity when and where we can. It's easy for fat and greedy people like you (sitting on your sofa watching Fox News, eating chocolate ding-dongs, drinking beer from a can with an American flag on it, and farting up a storm ) to be unconcerned with the real suffering of others which incidentally, can have a domino effect if left unchecked...don't forget 9-11 was a result of ignoring and letting small infractions go unchecked...

I swear you people have ZERO foresight

Rogue
09-08-2013, 09:03 AM
There's no solid proof yet as to who used the gas but It's not very hard to guess it out imho. It might be the insurgents who used the gas on the supporters of their own, but how/where could they make the gas to use, in the first place? it's like when you return home in the morning from a week-long trip on business, a few days ahead of schedule, and happen to find your wife lying in bed naked with another dude who's also clothless, you don't need any evidence to know what had happened the night before, or the week before.

DMC
09-08-2013, 10:44 AM
This was the first I've seen of those claims. No need to act like a faggot about it.

No matter who did it, I would prefer we focus on our own problems, and like you said allow the UN to take a group action.

It's the first you've seen because you obviously haven't looked.

DMC
09-08-2013, 10:45 AM
you're not involved in any intel information gathering... so please close your trap....the UN inspectors were (and they were shot upon) and have already built a case...the problem is the UN itself doesn't want war even if they're all well aware Assad is guilty...I wonder what your opinion was when we invaded Iraq...we had ZERO evidence against Saddam and we thumb our noses at the UN...I'm guessing you were for that war...

when much is given much is demanded. The US has been given or blessed with power and so it's our duty to stop these kinds of crimes against humanity when and where we can. It's easy for fat and greedy people like you (sitting on your sofa watching Fox News, eating chocolate ding-dongs, drinking beer from a can with an American flag on it, and farting up a storm ) to be unconcerned with the real suffering of others which incidentally, can have a domino effect if left unchecked...don't forget 9-11 was a result of ignoring and letting small infractions go unchecked...

I swear you people have ZERO foresight

You should enlist.

Proxy
09-08-2013, 11:16 AM
There are a lot of people saying to do nothing and agreeing with countries like Russia and China where it's illegal to be gay and where they kill political dissidents. The world is basically saying that it's fine 100,000 people are dead and that it's fine to gas civilians with classified WMDs.

On the other side, striking wouldn't solve anything. Everyone knows that. We won't get the facts from the US or from Assad. The UN needs to do its job.

At the end of the day, it looks like striking Syria could send things towards a bad place with the way Russia, China, and Iran reacted.

scroteface
09-08-2013, 11:32 AM
There's no solid proof yet as to who used the gas but It's not very hard to guess it out imho. It might be the insurgents who used the gas on the supporters of their own, but how/where could they make the gas to use, in the first place? it's like when you return home in the morning from a week-long trip on business, a few days ahead of schedule, and happen to find your wife lying in bed naked with another dude who's also clothless, you don't need any evidence to know what had happened the night before, or the week before.

sarin gas is easy to make and the rebels got caught TWICE with sarin..once by turkish forces and once by assad's forces. plus rebels fighters have already admitted on video that they were responsible they claimed they were mishandling the weapons and it was an accident.

Koolaid_Man
09-08-2013, 11:55 AM
sarin gas is easy to make and the rebels got caught TWICE with sarin..once by turkish forces and once by assad's forces. plus rebels fighters have already admitted on video that they were responsible they claimed they were mishandling the weapons and it was an accident.

:lmao tea party "intellects" would rather beleive mass murderer Assad vs US President

Koolaid_Man
09-08-2013, 11:56 AM
You should enlist.

give me a drone video game controller and I'll gladly

scroteface
09-08-2013, 12:08 PM
:lmao tea party "intellects" would rather beleive mass murderer Assad vs US President

Drones.

scroteface
09-08-2013, 12:08 PM

Drones.

And I'm believing the actual rebels who claimed on tape that they were the ones responsible for the attacks.

ChumpDumper
09-08-2013, 12:09 PM
sarin gas is easy to make and the rebels got caught TWICE with sarin..once by turkish forces and once by assad's forces. plus rebels fighters have already admitted on video that they were responsible they claimed they were mishandling the weapons and it was an accident.Non-infowars link?

scroteface
09-08-2013, 12:12 PM
Non-infowars link?

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/sep/02/syria-crisis-questions-answered

ChumpDumper
09-08-2013, 12:21 PM
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/sep/02/syria-crisis-questions-answered:lmao

Russian state media, Syrian state media and some lady who never bothered to follow up in four months.

:tu

scroteface
09-08-2013, 12:25 PM
:lmao

Russian state media, Syrian state media and some lady who never bothered to follow up in four months.

:tu

i'm sorry, i missed the part where those sources were proven to be any less credible than the almighty US media who has never lied to us

ChumpDumper
09-08-2013, 12:29 PM
i'm sorry, i missed the part where those sources were proven to be any less credible than the almighty US media who has never lied to usYou are choosing Syrian state run media over US media.

Why?

scroteface
09-08-2013, 12:30 PM
http://macedoniaonline.eu/content/view/23866/53/

http://www.presstv.com/detail/2013/05/31/306366/turkey-seizes-sarin-near-syria-border/

http://www.nationalturk.com/en/breaking-newssyrian-rebels-began-using-chemical-weapons-15-dead-in-aleppo-rebel-attack-syria-conflict-35649

scroteface
09-08-2013, 12:32 PM
http://www.turkishweekly.net/news/151261/russia-asks-turkey-for-info-on-sarin-terrorists.html

ChumpDumper
09-08-2013, 12:38 PM
So you believe Iran state media too. :lol

scroteface
09-08-2013, 12:40 PM
that's not iran state media

Koolaid_Man
09-08-2013, 12:41 PM
So you believe Iran state media too. :lol

:lol

ChumpDumper
09-08-2013, 12:41 PM
that's not iran state mediaPresstv is.

Why did you not know that?

scroteface
09-08-2013, 12:48 PM
lol sniping one link out of 4

ChumpDumper
09-08-2013, 12:53 PM
lol sniping one link out of 4The rest just repeat the existence of the original unsubstantiated report.

And you listed three state run media outlets you explicitly choose to believe without reservation.

Again. why did you not know presstv is run by the Islamic Republic of Iran?

Koolaid_Man
09-08-2013, 01:23 PM
The rest just repeat the existence of the original unsubstantiated report.

And you listed three state run media outlets you explicitly choose to believe without reservation.

Again. why did you not know presstv is run by the Islamic Republic of Iran?

:lmao

DMC
09-08-2013, 01:37 PM
give me a drone video game controller and I'll gladly

Give? You have to have a degree and complete flight school. Gimme died. Liberal arts degrees need not even apply to OTS.