PDA

View Full Version : what will be the PG rotation for the next season?

dunkman
09-08-2013, 07:29 PM
My guess the backup PG will be Cory, with Nando or Patty being the third string PG. Cory and Nando being taller PG's is an asset on defense after the P&R switch. Not sure why the Spurs need 4 PG's with other positions being thin (SF, ie).

Bruno
09-08-2013, 08:19 PM
I'm going with Cory as backup PG, Mills as 3rd string PG and De Colo playing SG.

Now, Spurs have been linked for a month with 4 PGs (Bobby Brown, Royal Ivey, Sebastian Telfair and Mike Bibby). What does it mean?
Have Spurs some doubts about Joseph and has he Canada NT play erases these doubt?
Could Mills be traded away and Spurs would be looking as an experienced 3rd string PG?

Personally, I'm a big Joseph believer and I think he will be at the end of next season a damn good backup PG.

lmbebo
09-08-2013, 08:30 PM
I think its Joseph's too. More I read about him (and this may be a stretch since I don't remember much of him growing up), but his game may be similar to fat levers

I think the Spurs ship out Mills to Philly if they can pick up a more experienced PG

Mel_13
09-08-2013, 08:41 PM
Joseph will be the backup PG.

There's really no reason to expect any significant changes from the rotation that ended last season, with Belinelli and Pendergraph replacing Neal and Blair.

xmas1997
09-08-2013, 08:48 PM
I think we may see more of Pendergraph than we saw of Blair, maybe not at the beginning, but at the end of the season. Didn't mean to stray off topic. Hopefully Cojo gets better and more confident with more playing time. If so he should be TPs backup. I wish Nando would also improve because his passing and his height could be an advantage for the Spurs.

Libri
09-08-2013, 09:13 PM
Patty already has a position, towel waiver, and he's very good at it.

td4mvp2k
09-09-2013, 05:10 PM
Patty already has a position, towel waiver, and he's very good at it.da GOAT tbh

kobexxx
09-09-2013, 05:26 PM
patty will be back up

Kidd K
09-09-2013, 05:56 PM
I have Corey Joseph as the backup unless Mills somehow managed to improve his playmaking and defense enough over the offseason to warrant his use instead. Either way, both dudes are better than De Colo easily.

De Colo will be a reserve player because let's be honest, he's lucky to even be on the bench at all. Bottom 2-3 player on the team imo. I hope he never plays outside of garbage time.

PlayNando
09-09-2013, 07:32 PM
My guess the backup PG will be Cory, with Nando or Patty being the third string PG. Cory and Nando being taller PG's is an asset on defense after the P&R switch. Not sure why the Spurs need 4 PG's with other positions being thin (SF, ie).
Nando/Tony

cd021
09-09-2013, 09:34 PM
Mills will get the spot later in the season.

Mills
Ginobili
Leonard/Green
Diaw
Baynes/Pendergraph

cd021
09-09-2013, 09:40 PM
I have Corey Joseph as the backup unless Mills somehow managed to improve his playmaking and defense enough over the offseason to warrant his use instead. Either way, both dudes are better than De Colo easily.

De Colo will be a reserve player because let's be honest, he's lucky to even be on the bench at all. Bottom 2-3 player on the team imo. I hope he never plays outside of garbage time.

I'm not sure he needs to improve either to be in the rotation. His ability to shoot and score in general gives him a leg up over Joseph. Playing with Beli, Manu and Diaw minimizes the need to create offense.

If Joseph improves his shooting then its his job to lose.

Kidd K
09-09-2013, 10:57 PM
I'm not sure he needs to improve either to be in the rotation. His ability to shoot and score in general gives him a leg up over Joseph. Playing with Beli, Manu and Diaw minimizes the need to create offense.

If Joseph improves his shooting then its his job to lose.

True enough. Mills is pretty solid but I do question his ballhandling and playmaking abilities. Joseph is the best skill-wise doing that, but his aggressiveness on offense is the worst of the three easily. I would at least like to see Mills far more than I do De Colo. Dude is a bust.

PlayNando
09-09-2013, 11:50 PM
mills sux

RuffnReadyOzStyle
09-09-2013, 11:56 PM
Joseph. He wasn't ready for the FInals mentally, but he was excellent up until then.

I think a year as the true backup and we'll be very happy with him as the backup going forward.

Patty is really nice to have around as an instant offence guy, and his morale-boosting is worth a few points a game. I'd only ship him for a strong reason.

benfti
09-10-2013, 10:11 PM
I think if bud or brown have any locker room issues at all, they will putting in a call to Patty real quick