PDA

View Full Version : Week Two

Avante
09-08-2013, 10:53 PM
Little doubt both the Texans and Redskins win tomorrow night. Chip Kelly's offense won't be ready for prime time. it will take awhile.

So I'm at 12-4.

The Cardinals have never started off 0-2 in the Ken Whisenhunt era. Last season the Lions lost 38-10 in Arizona. Cards the play.

Patriots no problem with the Jets.

The Falcons haven't lost their first two games of a season in the Mike Smith era, still haven't.

The Ravens at home with all that time to prepare, they beat the Browns.

The Bills haven't lost two consecutive home games since 2003. They beat the Panthers.

The Bears have owned the Vikes in Chicago, that won't change.

The Steelers have problems, the Bengals take advantage of them.

The Cowboys haven't won their first two games to start a season in the Jason Garrett era, still won't.

The Broncos all over the Giants.

The Packers are too good to lose their first two games of a season.

Texans stun the Titans.

Colts at home again this week vs a Dolphins team on the road again, huge advantage Colts and they'll make the best of it.

Drew Brees vs Josh Freeman....boy that's tuff!:rolleyes

Raiders at home should beat the Jags.

Eagles at home too much for the Chargers.

The biggie.

The Seahawks have a huge home field advantage. They are great in Seattle. I don't see any team in the league going into their place in a big night game and leaving with a win. Last time the Niners were there they got whipped...42-13.While I don't see that happening..... Seahawks win this.

Pelicans78
09-08-2013, 10:57 PM
Whisenhunt got fired.

Avante
09-08-2013, 11:03 PM
Whisenhunt got fired.

It won't matter.

Spursfan092120
09-09-2013, 10:35 PM
Chip Kelly's offense won't be ready for prime time. it will take awhile.

Good call, as always. :tu

Pelicans78
09-09-2013, 10:49 PM
It won't matter.

It matters for San Diego. His offense is picking apart the Texans. You're 30 minutes away from going 10-6.

Spursfan092120
09-09-2013, 10:50 PM
You know what? IDGAF...here's my picks...

Pats beat Jets
Falcons beat Rams
Eagles beat Chargers
Cowboys beat Chiefs
Colts beat Dolphins
Texans beat Titans
Packers beat Redskins
Ravens beat Browns
Panthers beat Bills
Bears beat Vikings
Saints beat Buccaneers
Lions beat Cardinals
Raiders beat Jaguars
Broncos beat Giants
49ers beat Seahawks
Steelers beat Bengals

The Reckoning
09-09-2013, 11:16 PM
predictions fall flat on your face par per

Spursfan092120
09-09-2013, 11:19 PM
predictions fall flat on your face par per
Figured I'd go up against him for next week. If I lose, I really don't give a fuck..but if I win, maybe he'll shut the fuck up.

Blake
09-10-2013, 09:46 AM
maybe he'll shut the fuck up.

Lol no

bigzak25
09-10-2013, 09:54 AM
Thank you Avante, Thank you for picking against my Skins in week 2.

Spursfan092120
09-10-2013, 12:11 PM
Lol no
You're probably right..but at least it's worth a shot.

Lincoln
09-10-2013, 12:39 PM
Thank you Avante, Thank you for picking against my Skins in week 2.

This. I have hope now

Avante
09-10-2013, 12:47 PM
11-5 is pretty damn good in week one. It gets far easier as the season progresses. My average is 10, keep in mind we don't always have 16 games due to the bye weeks.

The thing is I give out opinions, how about you guys doing the same...BEFORE...the game. It takes gorilla balls to do this knowing everyone is dying to...YOU WERE WRONG!!!!! As you can see I don't worry about that at all.

Avante
09-10-2013, 12:54 PM
This. I have hope now

I can see nobody here understands this. 11-5 is great.

These are the guys I compete against. I beat them the last three seasons going with combined wins.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks

Blake
09-10-2013, 01:00 PM
As you can see I don't worry about that at all.

Of course you're not worried. You're primed and ready to throw Mason under the bus if you have a bad week.

Blake
09-10-2013, 01:03 PM
11-5 is pretty damn good in week one. It gets far easier as the season progresses.

straight up it's no big deal, fatso.

spurraider21
09-10-2013, 01:05 PM
does Blake talk about anything besides Avante, tbh?

Avante
09-10-2013, 01:11 PM
Of course you're not worried. You're primed and ready to throw Mason under the bus if you have a bad week.

Dude, let it go...ok?

New season, and Mason won't be involved....ok?

Avante
09-10-2013, 01:12 PM
straight up it's no big deal, fatso.

You gotta be kidding me, you have any idea how many...pick em...contests are out there? Ever heard of...the office pool?

You wanna take me on midget?

Blake
09-10-2013, 01:12 PM

All i do is follow him around......got it?

Blake
09-10-2013, 01:13 PM
Dude, let it go...ok?

New season, and Mason won't be involved....ok?

Neh, you're a known liar.

Avante
09-10-2013, 01:14 PM

The guy is a little retard bro, a miserable little shit.

Avante
09-10-2013, 01:14 PM
Neh, you're a known liar.

These are all my picks little guy.

spurraider21
09-10-2013, 01:16 PM
All i do is follow him around......got it?

clearly

Blake
09-10-2013, 01:21 PM
The guy is a little retard bro, a miserable little shit.

I couldn't be happier, amigo.

Blake
09-10-2013, 01:22 PM
These are all my picks little guy.

Neh. That's what you said last year....but Mason went flying in front of the bus, didn't he.

Avante
09-10-2013, 02:34 PM
It matters for San Diego. His offense is picking apart the Texans. You're 30 minutes away from going 10-6.

You can always tell the rookies.

Blake
09-10-2013, 02:46 PM

if he was right, you would have thrown Mason under the bus again, just like last year.

Avante
09-10-2013, 02:54 PM
if he was right, you would have thrown Mason under the bus again, just like last year.

Why do you work so damn hard at being a pest? TALK FOOTBALL...can you?

Blake
09-10-2013, 03:01 PM
Why do you work so damn hard at being a pest? TALK FOOTBALL...can you?

Neh, i don't like to talk football with dishonest fucks like you.

I'd rather just remind you about that time you guaranteed us all that you always hit 70% of your picks against the spread and when you failed, you claimed you let your son Mason post as you.

You're a phony liar that doesn't know anything more about the nfl than any other shmuck here.

Avante
09-10-2013, 03:07 PM
Neh, i don't like to talk football with dishonest fucks like you.

I'd rather just remind you about that time you guaranteed us all that you always hit 70% of your picks against the spread and when you failed, you claimed you let your son Mason post as you.

You're a phony liar that doesn't know anything more about the nfl than any other shmuck here.

Little man I can talk about players nobody here has ever heard of....trust me! I didn't pick here last season, but I'm going to this season, let's see how it goes..ok?

So who out there can tell me which team in the league is the worst coming off a bye week? Try,....7=19. Who is golden at home on a Monday night?

You sure I don't know more than the average shmuck..hahahaha!!!!!!! Talk to me about those Colgate running backs in the NFL.....hahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blake
09-10-2013, 03:30 PM
Little man I can talk about players nobody here has ever heard of....trust me! I didn't pick here last season, but I'm going to this season, let's see how it goes..ok?

So who out there can tell me which team in the league is the worst coming off a bye week? Try,....7=19. Who is golden at home on a Monday night?

You sure I don't know more than the average shmuck..hahahaha!!!!!!! Talk to me about those Colgate running backs in the NFL.....hahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nope. You're a hack. A phony. A liar.

Avante
09-10-2013, 03:47 PM
Nope. You're a hack. A phony. A liar.

Ok man starting right now you're on ignore.

Chinook
09-10-2013, 04:05 PM
I can see nobody here understands this. 11-5 is great.

These are the guys I compete against. I beat them the last three seasons going with combined wins.

It doesn't work that way. Anyone will get a good record picking wins and not picking teams to make the spread. That's why Vegas adds points in the first place. They're very good at predicting who will win, and they have to handicap the odds to make the most money. When you say a team will blow another out, and it's a close game, that's not a win for you.

You don't get to count the Ravens game, since it already happened. Conservatively, you missed seven of 15, since you were wrong on five of those and explicitly took the points with two others. You could have flipped a coin and done as well as that. Liberally, you would have missed 10 of 15, as you implied that you were taking the points with three others.

Blake
09-10-2013, 04:42 PM
Ok man starting right now you're on ignore.

so you're ignoring me by telling me you're ignoring me.

is this what, the third or fourth time?

Clipper Nation
09-10-2013, 04:45 PM
Conservatively, you missed eight of 15, since you were wrong on six of those and explicitly took the points with two others. You could have flipped a coin and done better than that. Liberally, you would have missed 11 of 15, as you implied that you were taking the points with three others.
So either 46% or 26%.... either way, already not even close to the 64% he was guaranteeing before the season :lol

Mason gonna get thrown under the bus by daddeh again for this one!

Chinook
09-10-2013, 04:50 PM
So either 46% or 26%.... either way, already not even close to the 64% he was guaranteeing before the season :lol

Mason gonna get thrown under the bus by daddeh again for this one!

It's actually 54 percent and 33 percent. I double-counted his Redskins prediction. Doesn't make it much better, though.

Avante
09-10-2013, 05:46 PM
It doesn't work that way. Anyone will get a good record picking wins and not picking teams to make the spread. That's why Vegas adds points in the first place. They're very good at predicting who will win, and they have to handicap the odds to make the most money. When you say a team will blow another out, and it's a close game, that's not a win for you.

You don't get to count the Ravens game, since it already happened. Conservatively, you missed seven of 15, since you were wrong on five of those and explicitly took the points with two others. You could have flipped a coin and done as well as that. Liberally, you would have missed 10 of 15, as you implied that you were taking the points with three others.

I picked Denver to win before the game. It's there somewhere.

We all understand straight up vs point spread..ok?

Avante
09-10-2013, 05:47 PM
Look at these fools...week one!

Blake
09-10-2013, 05:55 PM

Just one fool here for us to look at

Chinook
09-10-2013, 06:11 PM
I picked Denver to win before the game. It's there somewhere.

We all understand straight up vs point spread..ok?

The whole point is that there's nothing impressive about picking straight up when you didn't pick a single upset. Anyone can look at the spread and get that. That's why the spread exists. Getting 10-5 by going with Vegas is like getting 8-8 by flipping a coin. Now if you beat Vegas over the course of the season (straight up or spread), then that would be somewhat impressive.

I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt. I wasn't on the NFL forum last year. So I have no idea exactly how your predictions panned out.

Avante
09-10-2013, 06:18 PM
The whole point is that there's nothing impressive about picking straight up when you didn't pick a single upset. Anyone can look at the spread and get that. That's why the spread exists. Getting 10-5 by going with Vegas is like getting 8-8 by flipping a coin. Now if you beat Vegas over the course of the season (straight up or spread), then that would be somewhat impressive.

I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt. I wasn't on the NFL forum last year. So I have no idea exactly how your predictions panned out.

I'd love to see you or anyone average better than 10 wins a week picking straight up.

I plan on hitting 64=66% this season vs the spread.

Blake
09-10-2013, 06:23 PM
I plan on hitting 64=66% this season vs the spread

Lol back pedaling off of 70. Next year you'll be planning on hitting 60.

Few years you'll be gunning for 40.

Clipper Nation
09-10-2013, 06:34 PM

We heard that shit last year, too....

I think he'll be cool since daddy bought him his very own computer with my football winnings from last season.

Dude, week one...ok?

Dude, it's week.....one

What a rookie, sheesh! Let's see how I end up.

No shit:rolleyes

Totally missed the point as usual.

Dude, ...week one...ok?

You gotta be kidding me. Dude, I lose all kinds of money on these games, the trick is to win more than you lose which I always do.

Week one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Incredible!

Dude, week one.

How does someone know that no team in the league was more pathetic in week one on the road than the Rams if they weren't serious about this stuff? I win farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr more than I lose as you will see. Stop acting like I was wayyyyyyyyyyyyy off, I had the right play. Fucking THREE INTS!!!!!!!

You will be telling me.."good one"...when I start rolling...right?

Dude, what are you going to do when I start winning these games like I always do? Do you honestly believe I don't do the homework and know what is suppose to happen? Hell, it's week one, stop acting stupid. I will win 6 out of 10 like I always do. I know the sport and if you had half a fucking brain you'd see that.

I don't care how much you know you cannot forsee turnovers.

An entire thread entitled "Week one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" after your "lock of the week" was wrong (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203074)

End result: you didn't even approach the 70% you guaranteed and blamed it all on your son.... not expecting any different this year with your 64% guarantee, tbh....

Avante
09-10-2013, 06:36 PM

Chinook
09-10-2013, 06:55 PM
I'd love to see you or anyone average better than 10 wins a week picking straight up.

I plan on hitting 64=66% this season vs the spread.

I just have to go with Vegas. They were 12-4 this week (the exact same 11 you claim but they picked Bears over Bengals). They were 8-8 with the spread (the same ones you missed in the conservative interpretation). Do you see why what you said about your record means little at this point? Until you diverge from Vegas and are right, you aren't saying anything interesting.

So yes, anyone can average 10 wins a week by picking with Vegas straight up. It's like averaging 8 wins a week by drawing out of a hat.

As I said, benefit of the doubt. No matter what happened last year, you certainly can make up for it this year. But you're behind the 8-ball picking vs the spread this year.

Avante
09-10-2013, 08:08 PM
I just have to go with Vegas. They were 12-4 this week (the exact same 11 you claim but they picked Bears over Bengals). They were 8-8 with the spread (the same ones you missed in the conservative interpretation). Do you see why what you said about your record means little at this point? Until you diverge from Vegas and are right, you aren't saying anything interesting.

So yes, anyone can average 10 wins a week by picking with Vegas straight up. It's like averaging 8 wins a week by drawing out of a hat.

As I said, benefit of the doubt. No matter what happened last year, you certainly can make up for it this year. But you're behind the 8-ball picking vs the spread this year.

Trust me you/anyone would be hard pressed to average 10 wins a week picking straight up. Keep in mind we don't always have 16 games once the byes kick in. It's hard knocking out 10 10 10 10....week in and week out.

Spursfan092120
09-15-2013, 10:51 PM
You know what? IDGAF...here's my picks...

Pats beat Jets
Falcons beat Rams
Eagles beat Chargers
Cowboys beat Chiefs
Colts beat Dolphins
Texans beat Titans
Packers beat Redskins
Ravens beat Browns
Panthers beat Bills
Bears beat Vikings
Saints beat Buccaneers
Lions beat Cardinals
Raiders beat Jaguars
Broncos beat Giants
49ers beat Seahawks
Steelers beat Bengals
Yep...I pretty much sucked...lol

Avante
09-15-2013, 11:50 PM
Yep...I pretty much sucked...lol

I'm sitting at 13-2 right now and with last weeks 11-5 , that's obviously...24-7. I have the Bengals tomorrow night but so does my competition. Who I lead right now after two weeks.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/features/writers/expert/picks/straight-up/2

Chinook
09-16-2013, 12:13 AM
Yeah, you pretty much called a good week. Even what I considered a typo when you said the Texans would "stun" the Titans. Turned out to be correct.

Avante
09-16-2013, 12:17 AM
Yeah, you pretty much called a good week. Even what I considered a typo when you said the Texans would "stun" the Titans. Turned out to be correct.

Picking straight up is not as easy as some think. As we saw from our other picker here. I play "spots" these teams are in. Stuff like good teams coming off a loss, double home/road that sort of thing.

Here's a classic spot for next week.......

The Giants haven't gone 0-3 in over 10 years, the Panthers totally suck before a bye week. Giants are also 4-1 vs the spread the last 5 times they've played the Panthers. Giants the piick

johnsmith
09-16-2013, 12:19 AM

How did he do against the spread when it matters?

That's Funked Up
09-16-2013, 12:23 AM

go look at his picks again and you'll noticed all his picks were for favored teams except for the Saints.

johnsmith
09-16-2013, 12:24 AM
go look at his picks again and you'll noticed all his picks were for favored teams except for the Saints.

I find it more interesting that he won't post in the thread where he made his picks against the spread. Why is that Avante....well?

Clipper Nation
:lol Avante patting himself on the back for picking all the favored teams to win
:lol Atrocious record against the spread
:lol "Betting expert"
:lol 63%

Avante

It takes a little longer to get that down, I usually start heating up after a few weeks. Right now things are still..hmmm? I'll hit my usual 65%ish.

Clipper Nation
09-16-2013, 12:25 AM
It takes a little longer to get that down, I usually start heating up after a few weeks.

:lmao You said all this shit last year and ended up at .500 and blaming your son....

Avante
09-16-2013, 12:25 AM
:lol Avante patting himself on the back for picking all the favored teams to win
:lol Atrocious record against the spread
:lol "Betting expert"
:lol 63%

Well if you noticed I 'm beating everyone at ESPN/CBS. Just like I did last year.

The ATS plays start hitting after a few weeks.

johnsmith
09-16-2013, 12:26 AM
It takes a little longer to get that down, I usually start heating up after a few weeks. Right now things are still..hmmm? I'll hit my usual 65%ish.

Lol....so far on this site, you're 0 - 1 on your 65% against the spread on a season. By the looks of your picks so far this season, you will be 0-2 come February.

johnsmith
09-16-2013, 12:27 AM
Well if you noticed I 'm beating everyone at ESPN/CBS. Just like I did last year.

The ATS plays start hitting after a few weeks.

But you're pretty much tied with oddsmakers.

Avante
09-16-2013, 12:28 AM
Lol....so far on this site, you're 0 - 1 on your 65% against the spread on a season. By the looks of your picks so far this season, you will be 0-2 come February.

Dude.....week two..ok? I usually start off slow.

Avante
09-16-2013, 12:29 AM
But you're pretty much tied with oddsmakers.

Ok that'll work.

johnsmith
Dude.....week two..ok? I usually start off slow.

Except you started off slow last year and never got going and then told everyone that Mason made the picks.

Chinook

Oh, he didn't give enough indication of when he was taking the spread like he did last week. I guess is that he would have also been about 8-8 like he was last week had he done so. As you've pointed out, he indeed picked with Vegas again. But that turned out to be the best decision, since I don't know if there were any upsets this week.

So yeah, nothing particularly impressive this week, but it was going to be really hard to be impressive. I was more surprised by the "stun" typo that turned out to be correct. That's like making a half-court buzzer-beater.

johnsmith
09-16-2013, 12:30 AM
The important thing here is that you are recognizing how awful you are once again doing against the spread. That's a start ok guy?

Avante
09-16-2013, 12:31 AM
:lmao You said all this shit last year and ended up at .500 and blaming your son....

New season guy, let's see how I do,...ok? Mason had his fun he's now a non factor.

johnsmith
Oh, he didn't give enough indication of when he was taking the spread like he did last week. I guess is that he would have also been about 8-8 like he was last week had he done so. As you've pointed out, he indeed picked with Vegas again. But that turned out to be the best decision, since I don't know if there were any upsets this week.

So yeah, nothing particularly impressive this week, but it was going to be really hard to be impressive. I was more surprised by the "stun" typo that turned out to be correct. That's like making a half-court buzzer-beater.

He gave an indication in the week 2 pick 6 thread.

And he failed....again.

That's Funked Up

colts losing was really the only upset

johnsmith
09-16-2013, 12:32 AM
New season guy, let's see how I do,...ok? Mason had his fun he's now a non factor.

You realize that no one on this site believes that your son made those picks right? Just because you believe your own lie doesn't make it true.

Avante
09-16-2013, 12:32 AM
The important thing here is that you are recognizing how awful you are once again doing against the spread. That's a start ok guy?

That's my usual start, No big deal at all.

johnsmith
09-16-2013, 12:33 AM
That's my usual start, No big deal at all.

If it keeps happening that way, will you admit that Mason had nothing to do with your picks last season?

Clipper Nation
09-16-2013, 12:33 AM

He was never a factor, your picks were just absolutely atrocious.... a monkey flinging shit at the wall could have had the same success rate as you last year :lol

Avante
09-16-2013, 12:34 AM
Except you started off slow last year and never got going and then told everyone that Mason made the picks.

Mason doesn't care anymore about this...ok?

I have what 20 weeks to left to hit some winners?

Chinook
09-16-2013, 12:34 AM
He gave an indication in the week 2 pick 6 thread.

And he failed....again.

Oh, indeed, you're right. I'm not very familiar with how those types of bets work, so I hadn't looked in that thread.

colts losing was really the only upset

Yeah. This was a pretty boring week compared to the last one. Usually Vegas only hits on about 75 percent of their picks.

johnsmith
09-16-2013, 12:35 AM

I have what 20 weeks to left to hit some winners?

Again....do you realize that no one believes you about Mason?

That's Funked Up
He was never a factor, your picks were just absolutely atrocious.... a monkey flinging shit at the wall could have had the same success rate as you last year :lol

which is literally the same as flipping a coin and deciding a winner that way

Clipper Nation

It's just pathetic at this point how you refuse to take responsibility for your horrible record last year and you're STILL throwing your son under the bus, tbh....

Avante
09-16-2013, 12:36 AM

So what was my succcess rate?

johnsmith

Again, do you realize that no one believes you that Mason made your picks last season?

Avante
It's just pathetic at this point how you refuse to take responsibility for your horrible record last year and you're STILL throwing your son under the bus, tbh....

You don't even know my record last season.

Clipper Nation
09-16-2013, 12:37 AM
About 50%...

Avante
Again, do you realize that no one believes you that Mason made your picks last season?

Doesn't matter. Let's see how... I... do in 2013.

johnsmith
You don't even know my record last season.

It was hovering around 50% on this site.....now, do you realize that no one believes you about Mason making the picks?

Avante
09-16-2013, 12:39 AM
About 50%...

Ok let's go with that. Let's see the big difference this season.

johnsmith

It absolutely matters...on this site anyway....you claim to be an "expert", and when you embarrassed yourself on this site, you blamed someone else.

Admit that you're really not that good at betting and that you're pretty much full of shit.

Clipper Nation

Well, this is how... you... did in 2012:

Updated:

34-32-1, 51.52% :lmao:lmao:lmao

Avante (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=33483)

Considering how horrible you are ATS, there's no reason to think you can outdo that record this year..... lol betting expert

Avante
It was hovering around 50% on this site.....now, do you realize that no one believes you about Mason making the picks?

Well that;s what happened. The kid thought it was fun.

johnsmith
09-16-2013, 12:40 AM
It was sad and funny for everyone to watch an old man that thinks he's smarter than everyone else, fail so miserably. The sad part was watching you go into "4 year old mode" and blame someone else.

Seriously, it's the same thing my 4 year old does.

That's Funked Up
09-16-2013, 12:40 AM

we was actually like 68% on a website where he only had to pick 3 :lol and those picks were almost the exact same as Mason's (who got no credit there might I add) Now he's banned there so here he is

Clipper Nation
09-16-2013, 12:41 AM

:lmao Still not owning up
:lmao Still deflecting

You really are one pathetic fat old man, tbh....

Avante
09-16-2013, 12:42 AM
It absolutely matters...on this site anyway....you claim to be an "expert", and when you embarrassed yourself on this site, you blamed someone else.

Admit that you're really not that good at betting and that you're pretty much full of shit.

I dig reality little fella. When I;m hovering around 64 % later in season then we'll talk...ok?

Clipper Nation
09-16-2013, 12:43 AM
I dig reality little fella. When I;m hovering around 64 % later in season then we'll talk...ok?
Reality is that you're still using the exact same excuses you were posting last season, and your record once again isn't backing up your lofty guarantees....

Avante
:lmao Still not owning up
:lmao Still deflecting

You really are one pathetic fat old man, tbh....

I noticed we never see you picking anything, why/

johnsmith

Lets say for fun that you, nor anyone else on this site knows who I am in real life. Now lets say I constantly tell everyone how good I am at predicting the weather, then I make a bunch of predictions that are all wrong....then when people call me out on it, I post that it was actually my Uncle on here using my screen name and that I swear I'm really good at predicting the weather, but then I keep doing it wrong.

What do you believe then Avante.....well?

Avante
09-16-2013, 12:44 AM
Reality is that you're still using the exact same excuses you were posting last season, and your record once again isn't backing up your lofty guarantees....

Dude......WEEK TWO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clipper Nation
09-16-2013, 12:44 AM
I noticed we never see you picking anything, why/

I don't gamble, that's why.... regardless, whether I pick or not is immaterial, because I'm not the one claiming to be a betting expert, guaranteeing specific records, and then failing to do better than the success rate you'd get from flipping a coin....

johnsmith
09-16-2013, 12:45 AM

No, let's keep talking now....I feel like we are getting somewhere here Avante....making a breakthrough perhaps.

Since you've pretty much admitted that the Mason story was garbage, and now you're making bad picks again, what happens if you don't turn it around this season?

Avante
09-16-2013, 12:46 AM
Lets say for fun that you, nor anyone else on this site knows who I am in real life. Now lets say I constantly tell everyone how good I am at predicting the weather, then I make a bunch of predictions that are all wrong....then when people call me out on it, I post that it was actually my Uncle on here using my screen name and that I swear I'm really good at predicting the weather, but then I keep doing it wrong.

What do you believe then Avante.....well?

Why not slow down and see where I'm at at mid season....ok? It's real obvious you have no clue how this works.

johnsmith
09-16-2013, 12:46 AM
I dig reality little fella.

The amount of time you spend on message boards says differently btw.

Clipper Nation
09-16-2013, 12:47 AM
Why not slow down and see where I'm at at mid season....ok? It's real obvious you have no clue how this works.

The fact that you're not even answering his question just shows that even you don't believe your pathetic lies....

johnsmith
09-16-2013, 12:48 AM

I understand completely how this works. Of course it would make sense that as the season starts to shake out and you get a better feel for what teams can do what, you will be more successful....but the thing is, you already had one complete season of picking poorly on this site and you've started out bad again....

I see a trend....or even a "spot" here....don't you? Well?

Avante
09-16-2013, 12:51 AM
No, let's keep talking now....I feel like we are getting somewhere here Avante....making a breakthrough perhaps.

Since you've pretty much admitted that the Mason story was garbage, and now you're making bad picks again, what happens if you don't turn it around this season?

Mason picked last season and I always turn it around...always. Right now I'm ...2-7-2 with the Bengals tomorrow. All I need is one big week to get even.

Avante
09-16-2013, 12:51 AM
I understand completely how this works. Of course it would make sense that as the season starts to shake out and you get a better feel for what teams can do what, you will be more successful....but the thing is, you already had one complete season of picking poorly on this site and you've started out bad again....

I see a trend....or even a "spot" here....don't you? Well?

Let's see how it goes...ok?

johnsmith
09-16-2013, 12:52 AM
Mason picked last season and I always turn it around...always. Right now I'm ...2-7-2 with the Bengals tomorrow. All I need is one big week to get even.

But you realize that no one believes you about Mason right?

Clipper Nation
09-16-2013, 12:53 AM
Mason picked last season
No he didn't, you're just a pathetic habitual liar....

and I always turn it around...always.
You didn't turn it around last year :lol

johnsmith
09-16-2013, 12:53 AM
Let's see how it goes...ok?

Sounds good...and honestly, I'll be the first poster on here saying congrats if you do end up at 65% on the season...that would really be something.

But if you don't, try not to make up a story that it was a family member or something along those lines....because no one will believe you....understand?

johnsmith
09-16-2013, 12:54 AM
Seriously? Do you understand? No one believes the Mason story.

I'm about at the point where I don't believe there is a Mason at all tbh.

Avante
09-16-2013, 12:54 AM
How cool is this going to be when I'm hot/cooking sitting at 65%ish and all these know nothing can't be found...hahaha!!!!!!!!!!

johnsmith
09-16-2013, 12:55 AM
How cool is this going to be when I'm hot/cooking sitting at 65%ish and all these know nothing can't be found...hahaha!!!!!!!!!!

Who are you talking to here?

Clipper Nation
09-16-2013, 12:56 AM

Also, "Judy" is probably what he calls his right hand :lol

Avante
09-16-2013, 12:56 AM
Seriously? Do you understand? No one believes the Mason story.

Who really cares what you believe?

Clipper Nation
09-16-2013, 12:57 AM

You do, because you keep insisting that Mason picked last year when not a single person on this website believes you....

johnsmith
09-16-2013, 12:57 AM

See, here's the thing....I agree, why should you care what I believe? But it's not just me, it's EVERYONE.

Avante
09-16-2013, 12:58 AM
Who are you talking to here?

The fun I;m going to have when this season is over and I did hit over 60% like I always do. What now?

johnsmith
09-16-2013, 12:58 AM
Also, "Judy" is probably what he calls his right hand :lol

I believe the Judy thing actually. If one is king to make up a fake wife on the internets, one would certainly pick a better name then that.

Avante
09-16-2013, 12:59 AM
See, here's the thing....I agree, why should you care what I believe? But it's not just me, it's EVERYONE.

And I have...EVERYONE...watching ..me. Love it!

johnsmith
The fun I;m going to have when this season is over and I did hit over 60% like I always do. What now?

Ummmm, I already told you I'd tell you congrats....but why did it already go down to 60%?

It was 65% just a bit ago.

johnsmith
And I have...EVERYONE...watching ..me. Love it!

What do you love about it?

Avante
09-16-2013, 01:00 AM
You do, because you keep insisting that Mason picked last year when not a single person on this website believes you....

That's the fun of it all.

johnsmith
09-16-2013, 01:01 AM

So you're making it up...cool.

Seriously, that's fine. You've proven yourself to be an outstanding troll on this site....don't stray from that now and start pretending you're an honest guy.

Avante
09-16-2013, 01:02 AM
What do you love about it?

I have EVERYONE all concerned over my picks......how cool is that? Then to watch you/others...well I'll be damn you really are for real. Right now it's perfect!

Clipper Nation
09-16-2013, 01:02 AM

So "the fun of it all" involves you making an ass out of yourself by continuing to lie to people who already don't believe a word you say? :lol

Clipper Nation
09-16-2013, 01:03 AM
I have EVERYONE all concerned over my picks......how cool is that?
That tends to happen when you make outlandish guarantees and fail to live up to them - don't confuse that with anyone caring about you personally, though....

johnsmith
09-16-2013, 01:04 AM
I have EVERYONE all concerned over my picks......how cool is that? Thern to watch you/others...well I'll be damn you really are for real. Right now it's perfect!

That's the thing....I think you honestly think that people are always thinking about you....they're not....I'm not.

But when I come to this site, which isn't much nowadays, I read everyone's stuff, and yours is generally so outrageous,that I get a kick out of watching you fail, them lying about it, then coming back for more.

Avante
09-16-2013, 01:05 AM
So "the fun of it all" involves you making an ass out of yourself by continuing to lie to people who already don't believe a word you say? :lol

Here I am leading ESPN/CBS in straight up picks, something I would totally destroy anyone here with and will be hitting 64%ish in my ATS before the seaon is over ...again.

Life is good!

johnsmith
09-16-2013, 01:05 AM
The other day, I caught my 4 year old lying about drawing in crayon on the wall....he had the crayon in his hand and he blamed his little sister who was downstairs when it happened....he kept lying even though he knew he had been caught.

Sound familiar?

johnsmith
09-16-2013, 01:06 AM
Here I am leading ESPN/CBS in straight up picks, something I would totally destroy anyone here with and will be hitting 64%ish in my ATS before the seaon is over ...again.

Life is good!

Wait....so the goal is 64% now?

Avante
09-16-2013, 01:06 AM
That's the thing....I think you honestly think that people are always thinking about you....they're not....I'm not.

But when I come to this site, which isn't much nowadays, I read everyone's stuff, and yours is generally so outrageous,that I get a kick out of watching you fail, them lying about it, then coming back for more.

Trust me slick I know exactly what I;m doing as you will see.

johnsmith
09-16-2013, 01:07 AM

Life is good!

Just because I'm curious, but what happens if you go the entire season and beat ESPN on straight up picks?

Avante
09-16-2013, 01:07 AM
Wait....so the goal is 64% now?

I'm happy with anything around 63-66%, that's where I usually land.

johnsmith
09-16-2013, 01:08 AM
Trust me slick I know exactly what I;m doing as you will see.

Ooooh, cryptic Avante is my favorite type of Avante....he's the one that really knows how to shock and awe the board with stuff like, "mason made my picks, jokes on you".

johnsmith
09-16-2013, 01:09 AM

But earlier you said 60%.

Clipper Nation
09-16-2013, 01:09 AM

So we've gone from 70% to 65% to 60% and now after you were called on that goalpost moving, you're "happy with anything from 63-66%" :lol

Just admit it, you're no betting expert and your records are shit.... as you often say, "why fight it?"

Avante
09-16-2013, 01:10 AM
Just because I'm curious, but what happens if you go the entire season and beat ESPN on straight up picks?

I'll put my feet up drink a beer and smile knowing that there I sit a guy who never played pro ball, never coached, isn't a member of the media but still beat all those guys when it came to picking winners....again!

johnsmith
09-16-2013, 01:11 AM
I'll put my feet up drink a beer and smile knowing that there I sit a guy who never played pro ball, never coached, isn't a member of the media but still beat all those guys when it came to picking winners....again!

Then just wait for cancer to really kick in eh? Man, that sounds sweet.

Spursfan092120
I'm sitting at 13-2 right now and with last weeks 11-5 , that's obviously...24-7. I have the Bengals tomorrow night but so does my competition. Who I lead right now after two weeks.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/features/writers/expert/picks/straight-up/2
Yep...you had a good week.

johnsmith
What's your favorite fast food Avante?

Spursfan092120
09-16-2013, 01:12 AM

Life is good!
Damn son...you're never gonna learn about that whole arrogant thing, are you?

Avante
09-16-2013, 01:13 AM
So we've gone from 70% to 65% to 60% and now after you were called on that goalpost moving, you're "happy with anything from 63-66%" :lol

Just admit it, you're no betting expert and your records are shit.... as you often say, "why fight it?"

Dude....we have 20 weeks of football left..ok? Now use your fucking head...ok? You do know that it's always rough the first few weeks playing the spread, it gets far easier once you start seeing the 2013 version of these teams...ok? I always hit around 63=66% and will again this year.

johnsmith
09-16-2013, 01:13 AM
Alright, I'm off to bed Avante....it's been really fun talking to you this evening....do me a favor would ya? Go read the thread that clipper nation just bumped so you can realize how tired and repetitive your betting process is.

Avante
09-16-2013, 01:14 AM
Then just wait for cancer to really kick in eh? Man, that sounds sweet.

Here you are little fella still following me around.

johnsmith
09-16-2013, 01:14 AM
? I always hit around 63=66% and will again this year.

Except for last season on this site eh Avante?

Avante
09-16-2013, 01:16 AM

Pick any game vs the spread and I will totally break it down using every stat/trend there is, try me. I play trends/stats if they don't work..ok, they will sooner rather than later.

Avante
09-16-2013, 01:17 AM
Except for last season on this site eh Avante?

I didn't play here last season, let my son have some fun.

Clipper Nation
09-16-2013, 01:21 AM
I didn't play here last season, let my son have some fun.

Nobody believes you...

Avante
09-16-2013, 01:23 AM
Nobody believed I had over 6000 CD'/tapes either....remember?

Clipper Nation
09-16-2013, 01:25 AM
Nobody believed I had over 6000 CD'/tapes either....remember?
You're a habitual liar, so chances are, you're lying about the CD's and tapes too.... you probably took those pictures at a friend's house or something, tbh....

Avante
09-16-2013, 01:29 AM
You didn't see the pictures of the track stars? You didn't see the football trophies, the bench press? All those books I talk about? You didn't see the pictures of those old blues cats? The rasslin' magazines?

Dude, don't get ridiculous...ok?

I;m gonna love shutting all these fuckers up.....love it!

Clipper Nation
09-16-2013, 01:38 AM
You didn't see the pictures of the track stars? You didn't see the football trophies, the bench press? All those books I talk about? You didn't see the pictures of those old blues cats? The rasslin' magazines?

Yeah, your neighbor's collections are pretty impressive, tbh....

Avante
09-16-2013, 01:49 AM
Yeah, your neighbor's collections are pretty impressive, tbh....

So he's also a track,blues fan who lifts and and played football...right?

Blake
09-16-2013, 11:00 AM
Nobody believes you...