PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Patriots Thread

Pages : [1] 2

monosylab1k
09-10-2013, 04:07 PM
Don't think this one was made yet. Sorry if it was.

Amendola out for the Jets game. Shocker.
Vereen gets hurt and needs surgery immediately after showing flashes of productiveness. Another shocker.
If I'm Tom Brady I'd be calling Belichick out in the media after all this. He tool a paycut to play with a steaming pile of shit. They at least could have used that extra cash to lock up Talib long term, instead he'll probably walk after the season, to be replaced by another shitty Rutgers DB that Bill takes in the 2nd round even though he grades out as a 6th rounder.

spurraider21
09-10-2013, 04:08 PM
good

monosylab1k
09-10-2013, 04:11 PM
good

lol pryor

spurraider21
09-10-2013, 04:13 PM
lol pryor

:lol true that. nothing personal. my hatred for the patriots exceeds that of any sports franchise, so it was a reflexive comment more than anything. and yes its because of the damn tuck. yes i'm still bitter. well, started from the tuck. then randy moss :lol

Chinook
09-10-2013, 04:16 PM
:lol true that. nothing personal. my hatred for the patriots exceeds that of any sports franchise, so it was a reflexive comment more than anything. and yes its because of the damn tuck. yes i'm still bitter. well, started from the tuck. then randy moss :lol

Then Seymour?

Chief Brody
09-10-2013, 04:18 PM
Would've been nice if those fuckers sat out the 4th quarter

spurraider21
09-10-2013, 04:18 PM
Then Seymour?

Seymour was still a good player when he got to Oakland. was a good player on a bad team. the big mistake with him wasn't the acquisition so much, but the contract extension. I have no beef with Seymour at all

HI-FI
09-10-2013, 04:22 PM
they need to go back to secretly filming their opponents and having their resident retard Ernie Adams decipher everything during halftime.

Blake
09-10-2013, 04:24 PM
Welker

Clipper Nation
09-10-2013, 04:28 PM
they need to go back to secretly filming their opponents and having their resident retard Ernie Adams decipher everything during halftime.

:cry They didn't benefit at all from that, they just spent almost a decade doing it in secret for fun! :cry

Creepn
09-10-2013, 04:30 PM
Sucks about Vereen. I have him in my Fantasy Football. He put up some good numbers for me.

spurraider21
09-10-2013, 04:30 PM
:cry They didn't benefit at all from that, they just spent almost a decade doing it in secret for fun! :cry

had a dynasty while doing so, haven't won since. but it :cry didn't benefit them :cry...................... and of course it only existed in the first place because of the fucking tuck..... :cry

spurraider21
09-10-2013, 04:45 PM
:lol shane vereen IR

HI-FI
09-10-2013, 04:49 PM
:lol
Belichick is an amazing liar. I don't know how you say that without a change in voice or inflection. If I said it, i'd probably chuckle a bit and try to change the topic.

like spursraider, i hate the patriots with a passion, so I hope they do suck this year. But considering how abysmal their division is, Brady getting his customary 7+ seconds in the pocket, they'll still make the playoffs.

monosylab1k
09-10-2013, 05:06 PM
:lol spygate sheep. if you want to take away the one win where they were proven to have cheated, go ahead. A week one win over the Jets is no biggie tbh.

Michael Jordan.
09-10-2013, 05:08 PM
Brady should rightfully be pissed. And damn, out 8 weeks ?

monosylab1k
09-10-2013, 05:13 PM
And damn, out 8 weeks ?

Vereen entered the league as a confirmed vagina, this really isn't a shock to Pats fans, but it sucks all the same.

spurraider21
09-10-2013, 05:25 PM
Amendola getting hurt was the shocker though :lol. but really the writing was on the wall. he's more injury prone than fucking McFadden. he was banged up throughout camp which wasn't exactly a good sign during a fresh start, and he got pulled at one point during the game.

Blake
09-10-2013, 05:33 PM
Amendola getting hurt was the shocker though :lol. but really the writing was on the wall. he's more injury prone than fucking McFadden. he was banged up throughout camp which wasn't exactly a good sign during a fresh start, and he got pulled at one point during the game.

The good news is that they saved about five bucks in cap room by getting rid of Welker

monosylab1k
09-10-2013, 05:39 PM
The good news is that they saved about five bucks in cap room by getting rid of Welker

And they manages to win in Week one with Amendola catching clutch passes, the kind that Welker would muff consistently. Solid move thus far, +1 in WAR for Amendola.

Chinook
09-10-2013, 06:13 PM
And they manages to win in Week one with Amendola catching clutch passes, the kind that Welker would muff consistently. Solid move thus far, +1 in WAR for Amendola.

Honestly, Welker almost changed the outcome of the Ravens game. His muff gave the Ravens free points, and his "drop" almost killed another drive when Baltimore had the momentum.

Blake
09-10-2013, 06:19 PM

Clutch groin grab for week 2.

+2, imo

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-10-2013, 06:30 PM
Why does Blake still pretend they deliberately chose Amendola over Welker when that's not at all how it happened?

:lol Spygate retards
They're the flukiest play in NFL history and a dropped Welker pass/Gronk injury away from having two rings since the Spygate incident happened. Raiders fans would kill for the post spygate stretch New England has had from 2007-2012 where they've supposedly been terrible without cameras.

Blake
09-10-2013, 06:35 PM
Why does Blake still pretend they deliberately chose Amendola over Welker when that's not at all how it happened?

They're the flukiest play in NFL history and a dropped Welker pass/Gronk injury away from having two rings since the Spygate incident happened. Raiders fans would kill for the post spygate stretch New England has had from 2007-2012 where they've supposedly been terrible without cameras.

They deliberately didn't go out of their way to keep him.

pretty stupid to Toms security blanket just walk away.

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-10-2013, 06:40 PM
They deliberately didn't go out of their way to keep him.
:lol moving the goalposts from "They chose Amendola over Welker!" to "They didn't express the desire to give Wes Welker a rim job like they should have!"

They offered him more money than Denver gave him. What else should they have done? Paid you to fly to Foxboro and suck his dick?

Blake
09-10-2013, 06:46 PM
:lol moving the goalposts from "They chose Amendola over Welker!" to "They didn't express the desire to give Wes Welker a rim job like they should have!"

They offered him more money than Denver gave him. What else should they have done? Paid you to fly to Foxboro and suck his dick?

It's not about what Denver gave Welker. It's about what they ended up giving Amendola.

you and Mono's disdain for Welker still amazes me.

It's got you so bad that you backed yourself into a horrible $100 wager that I should easily win.

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-10-2013, 06:50 PM
It's not about what Denver gave Welker. It's about what they ended up giving Amendola.

It's got you so bad that you backed yourself into a horrible $100 that I should easily win.
:lol now it's about what they ended up giving Amendola? How? They offered Welker a better deal than what they offered Amendola and he rejected it. By the time Welker got a reality check about what he was really worth they had already agreed in principal with Amendola.

I like how you pick and choose what it is/isn't about after I debunk whatever made up point you make about it.

lol using the bet you're barely winning after one week only because the refs gave Welker credit for a drop as proof that I'm biased. The fact you think the bet is such a sealed deal says a lot more about your bias than it does mine.

J.T.
09-10-2013, 08:04 PM
I was about to take Vereen in det fantasy draft where I drafted for home girl and some other chic sniped me like 2 picks ahead. Ended up taking Mark Ingram, which is a shitty pick as it is but I was just looking for a bye week body at that point anyway. Home girl lost week 1 by 12 points but her opponent had Peyton and the starters I drafted for her fucking owned so not feeling that bad about the loss when the opponents QB went off for 7 TDs which won't happen again.

spurraider21
09-10-2013, 08:17 PM

lol you were a bullshit call from not making your first superbowl in the brady era, after which they would have handed the reigns back to Bledsoe and fucked it all up.

spurraider21
09-10-2013, 08:17 PM

It's got you so bad that you backed yourself into a horrible $100 wager that I should easily win.

sour grapes is all it is

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-10-2013, 08:46 PM
lol you were a bullshit call from not making your first superbowl in the brady era, after which they would have handed the reigns back to Bledsoe and fucked it all up.
Cool. Idk how that has anything to do with what I said.

I also don't see how a call was bullshit when it was exactly according to an NFL rule. Before you turn that into a strawman like every Raiders fan does, I agree the tuck rule itself is total bullshit, but the call made was according to NFL rules.

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-10-2013, 08:47 PM
sour grapes is all it is
:lol sour grapes is Raiderfan still complaining about a call that was made over a decade ago

Blake
09-10-2013, 08:51 PM
:lol now it's about what they ended up giving Amendola? How? They offered Welker a better deal than what they offered Amendola and he rejected it. By the time Welker got a reality check about what he was really worth they had already agreed in principal with Amendola.

I like how you pick and choose what it is/isn't about after I debunk whatever made up point you make about it.

lol using the bet you're barely winning after one week only because the refs gave Welker credit for a drop as proof that I'm biased. The fact you think the bet is such a sealed deal says a lot more about your bias than it does mine.

I have no idea what you're ranting about here.

All i see is Welker rage.

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-10-2013, 08:52 PM
I have no idea what you're ranting about here.

All i see is Welker rage.
That's telling me

spurraider21
09-10-2013, 09:03 PM
Cool. Idk how that has anything to do with what I said.

I also don't see how a call was bullshit when it was exactly according to an NFL rule. Before you turn that into a strawman like every Raiders fan does, I agree the tuck rule itself is total bullshit, but the call made was according to NFL rules.
it wasn't even accurate, thats the problem with the whole thing. brady had both his hands on the ball at the time of the fumble, meaning the pump fake and the "tuck" was already complete. not sure where the strawman came from though. you make a claim about how you were a fluke play from winning since spygate. i'm saying you were a bullshit call from never winning anything in the first place

spurraider21
09-10-2013, 09:03 PM
:lol sour grapes is Raiderfan still complaining about a call that was made over a decade ago

thats saltiness :lol. sour grapes is a different thing tbh

sour grapes over tuck rule would have been like "oh we got fucked over? whatever, didn't want to win the superbowl anyway." which is the defensive mechanisms a lot of pats fans are going to with welker gone. "well he was a choker anyway"

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-10-2013, 09:07 PM
thats saltiness :lol. sour grapes is a different thing tbh

sour grapes over tuck rule would have been like "oh we got fucked over? whatever, didn't want to win the superbowl anyway." which is the defensive mechanisms a lot of pats fans are going to with welker gone. "well he was a choker anyway"
If that's sour grapes, then it's not what I have over Welker. Ask Blake, mono and I have been arguing with him about Welker saying we hated him well before he left. It's not like we're Lakers fans who went from saying #stayD12 to saying we never wanted Dwight.

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-10-2013, 09:12 PM
:lol random question Blake, who's the "Christian Soldier" you're referencing in the UTSA thread?

Clipper Nation
09-10-2013, 09:18 PM

Tbh, the two Patsfans that existed pre-Brady probably still whine about the Sugar Bear Hamilton roughing the passer call from 1976 :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-10-2013, 09:20 PM
Tbh, the two Patsfans that existed pre-Brady probably still whine about the Sugar Bear Hamilton roughing the passer call from 1976 :lol
And that would still pale in comparison to your butthurt over New England because they repeatedly beat your team of perennial chokers.

monosylab1k
09-10-2013, 10:02 PM
it wasn't even accurate, thats the problem with the whole thing. brady had both his hands on the ball at the time of the fumble, meaning the pump fake and the "tuck" was already complete. not sure where the strawman came from though. you make a claim about how you were a fluke play from winning since spygate. i'm saying you were a bullshit call from never winning anything in the first place

Yeah two hands on the ball doesn't matter, especially considering Brady had a second hand on the ball for about .01 seconds before getting earholed by Woodson. It was called the "TUCK" Rule for a reason.

And Belichick was never going back to Bledsoe, and the Patriots would still have 2 titles without the Tuck Game.

HI-FI
09-10-2013, 10:08 PM
The Pats MVP should have at least a decent year, like usual....
http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&docid=eLZtLoneQjLfdM&tbnid=YH3cbsilCw9-uM:&ved=0CAUQjBwwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.patriots.com%2Fassets%2Fimage s%2F2013%2F500x305-thumbnails%2F500x305-ernie-adams2013.jpg&ei=pdsvUsC-IoOT2gX11YDQBA&psig=AFQjCNEoS_NLHKrptTp_c2invfjAUQuDFQ&ust=1378954533664210
"Tom, 54 is the Mike"
"I'm an excellent driver."
"uh oh, fifteen minutes to Judge Wapner."
"January 12, 1965. Very snowy that day. 7.2 inches of snow that day."

Avante
09-10-2013, 10:09 PM

Everyone who knows football knows that was the worst call ever. You got it bro!

I had never seen a ..tuck rule. before or after. I didn't know there was one and neither did anyone else.

spurraider21
09-10-2013, 10:19 PM
Yeah two hands on the ball doesn't matter, especially considering Brady had a second hand on the ball for about .01 seconds before getting earholed by Woodson. It was called the "TUCK" Rule for a reason.

And Belichick was never going back to Bledsoe, and the Patriots would still have 2 titles without the Tuck Game.
If its so lightning close that you can't tell, call on the field shouldn't be overturned. There's a big reason it's widely considered one of the worst blown calls in sports. It was a dumb rule, sure. But the rule didnt even apply

Blake
09-10-2013, 10:25 PM
:lol random question Blake, who's the "Christian Soldier" you're referencing in the UTSA thread?

:lol shit i can't remember his name. Do you remember who it was that had "galatians 1:1" under his avatar?

Avante
09-10-2013, 10:26 PM
If its so lightning close that you can't tell, call on the field shouldn't be overturned. There's a big reason it's widely considered one of the worst blown calls in sports. It was a dumb rule, sure. But the rule didnt even apply

paste

Walt Coleman: "There wasn't much conversation with the other officials because everybody's looking at something different. Nobody sees the action of the quarterback except me. Based on what I saw and the information that I had, I ruled it as a fumble. If you ruled it incomplete you could not correct that with replay. That's basically just the way we were trained."

Clipper Nation
09-10-2013, 10:28 PM
The Tuck Rule was bullshit, and before the Patsfans tell me I'm "just salty about their success" again, note that I hate the Raiders just as much....

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-10-2013, 10:28 PM
:lol shit i can't remember his name. Do you remember who it was that had "galatians 1:1" under his avatar?
:lol no

Are you thinking of that SKULL1 gnsf or whatever who has regular meltdowns upstairs and has a sig full of jeebotardism and "Semper Fi, motherfucker!" militard type shit?

monosylab1k
09-10-2013, 10:29 PM

BRADY'S LEFT HAND ON THE BALL IS IRRELEVANT. Your reading comprehension is shit.

Also, the reason most people think it's a "blown" call is because nobody bothered to read the rule. They followed on like the sheep they are. Just because it's a bad rule doesn't mean it shouldn't be enforced. People think just because it's a shitty rule that it's a bad call. Absolutely not. It's a shitty rule that was absolutely called correctly if you ever bothered to read the actual rule.

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-10-2013, 10:30 PM
The Tuck Rule was bullshit, and before the Patsfans tell me I'm "just salty about their success" again, note that I hate the Raiders just as much....
You won't find many Patsfans who think the rule itself wasn't bullshit.

:lol arguing strawmans with yourself

monosylab1k
09-10-2013, 10:30 PM

I agree 100% that the Tuck Rule is bullshit. But the rule is the rule and it was called properly that day.

Avante
09-10-2013, 10:31 PM
BRADY'S LEFT HAND ON THE BALL IS IRRELEVANT. Your reading comprehension is shit.

Also, the reason most people think it's a "blown" call is because nobody bothered to read the rule. They followed on like the sheep they are. Just because it's a bad rule doesn't mean it shouldn't be enforced. People think just because it's a shitty rule that it's a bad call. Absolutely not. It's a shitty rule that was absolutely called correctly if you ever bothered to read the actual rule.

Wrong!

That was a fumble and everyone saw it as did the officials on the field as they have said.

Walt Coleman: "There wasn't much conversation with the other officials because everybody's looking at something different. Nobody sees the action of the quarterback except me. Based on what I saw and the information that I had, I ruled it as a fumble. If you ruled it incomplete you could not correct that with replay. That's basically just the way we were trained."

spurraider21
09-10-2013, 10:51 PM

The tuck rule was the bullshitt they spewed to cover for a blown call. Brady pumped, tucked the ball back in, resecured the ball, then got drilled and it came out. The whole "tucking" motion was over with. I've seen many teams get fucked over by officials in various sports, but at least the victors could acknowledge the blown call.

HI-FI
09-10-2013, 11:02 PM
The tuck rule was the bullshitt they spewed to cover for a blown call. Brady pumped, tucked the ball back in, resecured the ball, then got drilled and it came out. The whole "tucking" motion was over with. I've seen many teams get fucked over by officials in various sports, but at least the victors could acknowledge the blown call.
You could tell by Brady's body language he knew that he fucked up. Belicheat referenced the tuck rule, saying it was called earlier in the year on Testeverde. But in that situation, it at least looked like Testeverde was trying to make an incomplete pass. Brady just got fucking drilled and blindsided.

Tuck Rule has to be the worst call in professional sports in 20 years. I can't even think of number 2. I'm no Raiders fan, just that call was absolute bs. Patriots got lucky though, they were riding that post 9/11 jingoism, same thing that got patriot act passed, so Brady dodged a huge bullet. I can't even think of that call being used since then, at least not in a situation where the QB clearly fumbled the ball.

Chinook
09-10-2013, 11:03 PM
I agree 100% that the Tuck Rule is bullshit. But the rule is the rule and it was called properly that day.

Just in case you didn't know, the Tuck Rule is officially gone as of this year. It died a symbolic death during the Ravens-Broncos game last playoffs when Manning didn't get the benefit of the call, but the owners officially voted it out during the off-season.

Clipper Nation
09-10-2013, 11:06 PM
Tuck Rule has to be the worst call in professional sports in 20 years.
Terrible call, but not the worst in the past 20 years by a longshot.... all of Super Bowl XL, the Hochuli Game, all of Game 6 in 2002, etc....

spurraider21
09-10-2013, 11:07 PM
You could tell by Brady's body language he knew that he fucked up. Belicheat referenced the tuck rule, saying it was called earlier in the year on Testeverde. But in that situation, it at least looked like Testeverde was trying to make an incomplete pass. Brady just got fucking drilled and blindsided.

Tuck Rule has to be the worst call in professional sports in 20 years. I can't even think of number 2. I'm no Raiders fan, just that call was absolute bs. Patriots got lucky though, they were riding that post 9/11 jingoism, same thing that got patriot act passed, so Brady dodged a huge bullet. I can't even think of that call being used since then, at least not in a situation where the QB clearly fumbled the ball.
Yeah I remember that reference bill made. I think they showed that on the "top 10 controversial calls" special. Brady knew it was a fumble lol. What's crazy is they overturned the call on the field. If they made a bad judgement call whatever, but it's gotta be indisputable evidence to overturn.

Another awful call was the missed PI on the giants/niners game on the botched field goal. At least mariucci owned it with the infamous "bummer" comment :lol

monosylab1k
09-10-2013, 11:07 PM

You clearly have never read the actual rule.

monosylab1k
09-10-2013, 11:09 PM
If they made a bad judgement call whatever, but it's gotta be indisputable evidence to overturn.

There was.

spurraider21
09-10-2013, 11:11 PM
You clearly have never read the actual rule.
Rofl. Every raider fan has read the rule 100x over. If his arm is moving forward or in the motion of "tucking it back into his body" it was an incomplete pass. Brady had completed the tuck motion before losing the ball. The tuck rule doesn't mean you can pump fake then be immune from fumbling for the duration of the play

HI-FI
09-10-2013, 11:16 PM
Terrible call, but not the worst in the past 20 years by a longshot.... all of Super Bowl XL, the Hochuli Game, all of Game 6 in 2002, etc....
2002 is probably number 2. It might be more drastic, but I think we're more used to prolonged bs calls in the NBA, Stern has desensitized us, whereas in the NFL that was such an iconic moment, not something made in the heat of the moment. SB XL was pretty bad, i remember everyone at my SB party started rooting for Seahawks, even I felt bad for them. It was hilarious how all the media angles were about Bettis and Detroit, Seahawks were getting no respect. Hochuli game was bad but it was a RS game plus it's the Chargers :lol.

monosylab1k
09-10-2013, 11:21 PM
Rofl. Every raider fan has read the rule 100x over. If his arm is moving forward or in the motion of "tucking it back into his body" it was an incomplete pass. Brady had completed the tuck motion before losing the ball. The tuck rule doesn't mean you can pump fake then be immune from fumbling for the duration of the play

So you didn't read the rule.

spurraider21
09-10-2013, 11:38 PM
So you didn't read the rule.
Yes I have. Can't recite it off hand though. Sorry

monosylab1k
09-10-2013, 11:43 PM
Yes I have. Can't recite it off hand though. Sorry

Obviously not if you think Brady's left hand is relevant to the rule.

spurraider21
09-10-2013, 11:57 PM
Obviously not if you think Brady's left hand is relevant to the rule.
I mentioned his left hand once about 8 posts ago. He did tuck the ball, but all motion of him bringing back the ball into his body had been completed. In fact, once his left hand touched the ball, it was no longer moving. Ball not moving = not tucking. Even the Germans fessed up to the holocaust but pats fans can't just say "we got away with one"

monosylab1k
09-11-2013, 12:00 AM
I mentioned his left hand once about 8 posts ago. He did tuck the ball, but all motion of him bringing back the ball into his body had been completed. In fact, once his left hand touched the ball, it was no longer moving. Ball not moving = not tucking. Even the Germans fessed up to the holocaust but pats fans can't just say "we got away with one"

And this post proves you either haven't read the rule or can't comprehend it.

spurraider21
09-11-2013, 12:08 AM
So if at the moment of impact/ball comes out, if the ball is stationary it's still incomplete?

monosylab1k
09-11-2013, 12:16 AM
So if at the moment of impact/ball comes out, if the ball is stationary it's still incomplete?

Not that it matters since the ball wasn't "stationary", but yes. Did you read the rule or not?

spurraider21
09-11-2013, 12:26 AM
Not that it matters since the ball wasn't "stationary", but yes. Did you read the rule or not?
NFL Rule 3, Section 22, Article 2, Note 2. When [an offensive] player is holding the ball to pass it forward, any intentional forward movement of his arm starts a forward pass, even if the player loses possession of the ball as he is attempting to tuck it back toward his body. Also, if the player has tucked the ball into his body and then loses possession, it is a fumble.

spurraider21
09-11-2013, 12:28 AM
Brady completed the tuck, the ball was stationary as he got his left hand on the ball. Then he got hit and ball came out

monosylab1k
09-11-2013, 12:31 AM
Brady completed the tuck, the ball was stationary as he got his left hand on the ball. Then he got hit and ball came out

:lmao so you finally read the rule, but apparently you never actually saw the play.

TIMMYtoZO
09-11-2013, 12:32 AM
Honestly, Welker almost changed the outcome of the Ravens game. His muff gave the Ravens free points, and his "drop" almost killed another drive when Baltimore had the momentum.

:lol still allowed 2 touchdowns to Welker despite a rough debut
:lol looking for moral victories
:lol had a rough June and having an even shittier start to September

spurraider21
09-11-2013, 12:38 AM
:lmao so you finally read the rule, but apparently you never actually saw the play.
Not sure what warrants the :lmao there. I finally took the time to copy/paste it for you. He clearly completes any "tuck" before the ball comes out. I haven't gotten into a heated tuck argument for a long time. I only brought it up because you spewed some shit about how you were a few fluke plays away from a post-spygate win. The fact that you can't accept what your eyes tell you (and what I conveniently bolded in the rule I pasted) tells me you aren't worth arguing with

Chinook
09-11-2013, 12:43 AM
:lol still allowed 2 touchdowns to Welker despite a rough debut
:lol looking for moral victories
:lol had a rough June and having an even shittier start to September

What does that have to do with anything? It's true that Welker gave the Ravens seven points, and he almost cost his team seven more at a time when the Broncos needed to respond. The game literally could have been different had Harbaugh challenged. But it wasn't. It's not like I'm making excuses or saying the Ravens deserved to win, like a lot of Broncos fans did after the divisional round. It happened, and now it's time to move on to the next game.

I'd say something about Eli choking against the Cowboys, but I don't even know if you're a Giants fan this year.

thunderup
09-11-2013, 12:54 AM
Partner he's a fucking faggot ass cheatriots fan. Of course he won't fess up to the technicality you bring up. Till this day, that's arguably the worst call I've ever seen in the NFL. The cheats shouldn't even have been in the superbowl that year.

thunderup
09-11-2013, 12:56 AM
NFL Rule 3, Section 22, Article 2, Note 2. When [an offensive] player is holding the ball to pass it forward, any intentional forward movement of his arm starts a forward pass, even if the player loses possession of the ball as he is attempting to tuck it back toward his body. Also, if the player has tucked the ball into his body and then loses possession, it is a fumble.
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao
Cheatriot fan STILL responding after this post.

monosylab1k
09-11-2013, 01:03 AM
Not sure what warrants the :lmao there. I finally took the time to copy/paste it for you. He clearly completes any "tuck" before the ball comes out. I haven't gotten into a heated tuck argument for a long time. I only brought it up because you spewed some shit about how you were a few fluke plays away from a post-spygate win. The fact that you can't accept what your eyes tell you (and what I conveniently bolded in the rule I pasted) tells me you aren't worth arguing with

:lmao "clearly"

spurraider21
09-11-2013, 03:47 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-8X9yVACwbXg/TnzlZlDYO6I/AAAAAAAAASk/-38ZryLFTME/s320/Map+of+the+Nile+River.png

Raven
09-11-2013, 08:11 AM
this season has been a fucking nightmare. Any team, including the seahawks and the 49ers, with so many bad news would end up being the raiders, yet we won game 1 and expect to be in the play offs. I can honestly say i can't figure out how can other teams let that happen.

Blake
09-11-2013, 08:25 AM
:lol no

Are you thinking of that SKULL1 gnsf or whatever who has regular meltdowns upstairs and has a sig full of jeebotardism and "Semper Fi, motherfucker!" militard type shit?

2centsworth. I think he went to Texas State, but as of today, he's wearing an lol utsa college skin in the college forum.

TIMMYtoZO
09-11-2013, 02:11 PM
What does that have to do with anything? It's true that Welker gave the Ravens seven points, and he almost cost his team seven more at a time when the Broncos needed to respond. The game literally could have been different had Harbaugh challenged. But it wasn't. It's not like I'm making excuses or saying the Ravens deserved to win, like a lot of Broncos fans did after the divisional round. It happened, and now it's time to move on to the next game.

I'd say something about Eli choking against the Cowboys, but I don't even know if you're a Giants fan this year.
:lol Eli didn't choke on that final drive. Scott fucked that play up.

monosylab1k
09-13-2013, 04:13 PM
As bad as last night was, i think there's a few positives to take.

-Aaron Dobson looks like he can develop into a solid receiver. Even if you take away the TD that anyone on SpursTalk except for Fabbs or TPark could have executed, i saw enough to think he can be a good player. Most of his mistakes (drops, bad/wrong routes) were fixable. He showed an ability to get open consistently, and to adjust to the ball and make a play on it. He sucked, but showed huge potential for improvement imho. Thompkins, on the other hand, looks like a guy who doesn't belong in the NFL.

-the defense looked pretty good, even if they were going up against Geno.

-dumping Mesko to save a little money seems to be a good idea OH WAIT NO because this new punter sucks dick.

spurraider21
09-13-2013, 05:31 PM
Dobson is going to have the same career path as Louis Murphy

vander
09-13-2013, 05:51 PM
I heard Endelman on the Dan Patrick show this morning, and :wow:smchode: I don't think anyone could have said "you know" more times then that if they were trying to. I lost a lot of respect for the Patriots organization after hearing that :lol

spurraider21
09-13-2013, 06:20 PM
I heard Endelman on the Dan Patrick show this morning, and :wow:smchode: I don't think anyone could have said "you know" more times then that if they were trying to. I lost a lot of respect for the Patriots organization after hearing that :lol
listen to any old Gilbert Arenas interview

monosylab1k
09-13-2013, 07:30 PM

Oh you mean he's going to be a promising talent for an incompetently run organization, owned by a senile old fuck with one foot in the grave who tries to construct teams like it's still 1974, catching passes for an obese pig draft bust of a quarterback, spending years there wasting away as all the life and joy for the game are completely sucked dry from him, before finally moving on as a shell of his former self after the shellshock of time spent in football hell? Okay.

vander
09-13-2013, 07:31 PM
listen to any old Gilbert Arenas interview

basketball is a different beast, you can be pretty stupid and still be good at basketball tbh. but Endelman used to be a QB, hypothetically one of the most cerebral positions in mainstream sports.

spurraider21
09-13-2013, 08:30 PM
Oh you mean he's going to be a promising talent for an incompetently run organization, owned by a senile old fuck with one foot in the grave who tries to construct teams like it's still 1974, catching passes for an obese pig draft bust of a quarterback, spending years there wasting away as all the life and joy for the game are completely sucked dry from him, before finally moving on as a shell of his former self after the shellshock of time spent in football hell? Okay.

did i say patriots = raiders or did i say dobson = louis murphy

monosylab1k
09-14-2013, 01:40 AM

monosylab1k
09-14-2013, 01:41 AM

If you insist on being so fucking retarded i have to insist you get out of my thread.

monosylab1k
09-14-2013, 01:42 AM

lol raiders fan so fucking bitter over an NFL rule being called correctly in a game over a decade ago that he cares more about my team than his own.

spurraider21
09-14-2013, 04:12 AM
lol raiders fan so fucking bitter over an NFL rule being called correctly in a game over a decade ago that he cares more about my team than his own.

tbh my team isn't really relevant. it's why the raiders thread has like 11 comments on it. its why nobody would comment if somebody opened a bobcats thread downstairs except for :lol icons. whats there to talk about. our shitty offensive line that got shittier getting decimating by injury? our laughingstock of a franchise rb? terrelle pryor? at least when my team has young, talented, yet unproductive WR's i dont go on jizzing about how great they're gna be, and i dont get butthurt if somebody tells me "denarius moore isn't going to have a great career"

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-14-2013, 06:59 AM
tbh my team isn't really relevant. it's why the raiders thread has like 11 comments on it. its why nobody would comment if somebody opened a bobcats thread downstairs except for :lol icons. whats there to talk about. our shitty offensive line that got shittier getting decimating by injury? our laughingstock of a franchise rb? terrelle pryor? at least when my team has young, talented, yet unproductive WR's i dont go on jizzing about how great they're gna be, and i dont get butthurt if somebody tells me "denarius moore isn't going to have a great career"
mono said "Dobson looks like he can develop into a solid receiver"......how exactly is that "jizzing about how great he's gna be"

:lol your reading comprehension being shit, per the usual
:lol admitting you'd rather talk about New England than your supposed favorite team
:lol closet Patriots fan

Raven
09-14-2013, 07:19 AM
:lol paying 13 milion/3 for a full back

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-14-2013, 07:23 AM
:lmao they really did that?

Raven
09-14-2013, 07:41 AM
:lmao they really did that?

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5094/marcel-reece

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-14-2013, 07:44 AM
:lmao:lmao:lmao

Chinook
09-14-2013, 10:16 AM

I can't laugh at that as much as I would like to, as the Ravens gave Leach $11M/3 a couple of years ago. But at least he was an All-Pro. Does Reece run the ball a lot, at least?

Bill_Brasky
09-14-2013, 10:18 AM
Partner he's a fucking faggot ass cheatriots fan. Of course he won't fess up to the technicality you bring up. Till this day, that's arguably the worst call I've ever seen in the NFL. The cheats shouldn't even have been in the superbowl that year.

shut the fuck up you dumb, crybaby, inbred, oxygen stealing meth head.

Raven
09-14-2013, 10:39 AM
I can't laugh at that as much as I would like to, as the Ravens gave Leach $11M/3 a couple of years ago. But at least he was an All-Pro. Does Reece run the ball a lot, at least?

with that offensive line, i doubt it.

thunderup
09-14-2013, 10:49 AM
shut the fuck up you dumb, crybaby, inbred, oxygen stealing meth head.

That's telling me

spurraider21
09-14-2013, 12:09 PM
Reece only ran for 271 last year (on 4.6 ypa) but he had over 50 receptions which is where his value lies. He was a WR in college. They'll line up in an old school I-formation then motion him out wide where he'll have a linebacker on him

spurraider21
09-14-2013, 12:11 PM
mono said "Dobson looks like he can develop into a solid receiver"......how exactly is that "jizzing about how great he's gna be"

:lol your reading comprehension being shit, per the usual
:lol admitting you'd rather talk about New England than your supposed favorite team
:lol closet Patriots fan
You know, if mr reading comprehension read that post a little closer, you would realize I never actually accused pats fan of doing so. Also, hyperbole is a common form of sarcasm. I wouldn't "rather talk pats" but nobody on this forum (understandably so) talks about the raiders. Ill save that for my raider forum

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-14-2013, 12:24 PM
You know, if mr reading comprehension read that post a little closer, you would realize I never actually accused pats fan of doing so. Also, hyperbole is a common form of sarcasm. I wouldn't "rather talk pats" but nobody on this forum (understandably so) talks about the raiders. Ill save that for my raider forum
So you never accused pats fans of "jizzing about how great he's gna be" but felt like scoffing pats fans for "jizzing about how great he's gna be"

That makes tons of sense.

spurraider21
09-14-2013, 12:42 PM
So you never accused pats fans of "jizzing about how great he's gna be" but felt like scoffing pats fans for "jizzing about how great he's gna be"

That makes tons of sense.
your reading comprehension must be shit. i didn't even mention the pats or patsfan once in that post

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-14-2013, 12:45 PM
your reading comprehension must be shit. i didn't even mention the pats or patsfan once in that post
your backpedaling and deliberate intellectual dishonesty is hilarious

spurraider21
09-14-2013, 12:47 PM

i pressed control+f and typed "pats" and nothing came up :depressed

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-14-2013, 01:28 PM
:lol so you were posting that as a response to mono's post about how Dobson might be a solid receiver in a thread about the Patriots but you weren't talking about Patriots fans.

Yeah, I totally buy that.

spurraider21
09-14-2013, 01:46 PM
:lol so you were posting that as a response to mono's post about how Dobson might be a solid receiver in a thread about the Patriots but you weren't talking about Patriots fans.

Yeah, I totally buy that.
Context would clearly tell you I was responding to his "why do you tal about the pats more than the raiders" which is why my entire fucking post was about why I don't bother talking raiders that much on ST

monosylab1k
09-14-2013, 02:04 PM
Okay well then go ahead and give some reasoning for why you think Dobson = Louis Murphy. I gave reasons why i think he could possibly develop into a good receiver. Give reasons why you think he'll have the Murphy career path.

Or just admit you're a bitter, jealous Raiders fan with no intent to talk football and only came into this thread to talk mindless shit.

spurraider21
09-14-2013, 02:19 PM
Okay well then go ahead and give some reasoning for why you think Dobson = Louis Murphy. I gave reasons why i think he could possibly develop into a good receiver. Give reasons why you think he'll have the Murphy career path.

Or just admit you're a bitter, jealous Raiders fan with no intent to talk football and only came into this thread to talk mindless shit.
I think they're both physically talented. Both had ability to get separation on the NFL level. Murphy was a big play guy that was havin moderate success early on with fucking jawalrus at the helm. He had solid not great hands and would make head scratching plays after a big play. Would make dumb mental mistakes too like running the wrong routes.
I just saw a lot of similarity based on the limited action I've seen Dobson in. Fwiw it's also why I'm not incredibly high on Denarius Moore. Loaded with talent/potential. Moore was one of the best rookie receivers in the league a couple of years ago (of course not on the tier of Julio or AJ) but was/is a bonehead. Granted Moore has more upside than Murphy ever did.

Like anybody else, it's not like I've seen miles of Dobson footage, but I drew a comparison. Sorry if it hit you in a sensitive spot

monosylab1k
09-14-2013, 02:32 PM
I think they're both physically talented. Both had ability to get separation on the NFL level. Murphy was a big play guy that was havin moderate success early on with fucking jawalrus at the helm. He had solid not great hands and would make head scratching plays after a big play. Would make dumb mental mistakes too like running the wrong routes.
I just saw a lot of similarity based on the limited action I've seen Dobson in. Fwiw it's also why I'm not incredibly high on Denarius Moore. Loaded with talent/potential. Moore was one of the best rookie receivers in the league a couple of years ago (of course not on the tier of Julio or AJ) but was/is a bonehead. Granted Moore has more upside than Murphy ever did.

Like anybody else, it's not like I've seen miles of Dobson footage, but I drew a comparison. Sorry if it hit you in a sensitive spot

Wow! All this instant analysis and ability to chart an NFL career after one game of pro experience! You can make projections faster than most NFL coaches and scouts! Where do you pull out all this analytical data? Oh wait, don't tell me I already know - your ass.

He's played in one NFL game. It's more than reasonable to say "he showed potential". It's also reasonable to say "he looked godawful and has a really long way to go if he ever wants to be a decent player." It's fucking retarded to say "He'll have a shitty career like this other guy".

But nice try, Bitter Raiders Fan.

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-14-2013, 02:42 PM
Dobson's biggest issue was simply having the drops. That could be a number of things. I won't hold a receiver playing in his first game dropping passes against him. There were also a few finesse passes to him Brady simply missed on as Brady has never been an extremely accurate finesse passer. He's basically the anti-Phillip Rivers, since Rivers sucks at every kind of throw except finesse passes :lol

The one aspect of the Murphy/Dobson "career path" comparison I'd agree with is the fact they were launched into WAY too much a role their rookie year simply because the other receivers on their respective team sucked.

On a side note, it's also one thing when Brady yells about running the wrong route as that's a case of the receiver not preparing, but yelling at a young receiver for dropping the ball is counter productive and accomplishes nothing. All it does is make the receiver more nervous the next time a ball's thrown his way.

spurraider21
09-14-2013, 03:11 PM
I saw a physically talente receiver run wrong routes and let several balls get away from him despite having one if the best qb's of all time puttin it between the numbers no also saw Murphy making big plays when the biggest bust in league history chucking it up. Murphy also had big games with Bruce gradkowski. I'm saying for a guy that got plenty of first team reps throughout camp (where he was reportedly having a tough time), preseason (where he had some dubious drops and fell behind thompkins) he still looked lost out there despite natural talent. He's soft between the ears.

Chief Brody
09-14-2013, 03:39 PM
Brah, i know he's only played one game, but what kind of career path do you project for Robert Woods? I'm thinking Randy Moss.

spurraider21
09-14-2013, 03:49 PM
Can't wait for the tidal wave of shit I'm going to get when Dobson has a good game :lol

Chinook
09-14-2013, 04:31 PM
Can't wait for the tidal wave of shit I'm going to get when Dobson has a good game :lol

Don't worry too much about it. Calling people who down New England bitter is a defense mechanism that most of the Pats fans have on this board for some reason. During the AFC Championship thread last year, a few of them were calling me bitter and biased for saying that Flacco puts up better numbers in Ravens/Pats match-ups than Brady does. They pretty much ignore me now.

As as Spurs fan, I'm sure you understand why they're so dismissive of Raiders fans, though. It's pretty much the same relationship that a lot of Spurs fans have to Suns fans.

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-14-2013, 04:38 PM
Don't worry too much about it. Calling people who down New England bitter is a defense mechanism that most of the Pats fans have on this board for some reason. During the AFC Championship thread last year, a few of them were calling me bitter and biased for saying that Flacco puts up better numbers in Ravens/Pats match-ups than Brady does. They pretty much ignore me now.
:lol making more shit up
:lol more strawman arguments

Go find the thread where this happened. We called you bitter because you were saying the Texans should beat New England.

Chinook
09-14-2013, 05:02 PM
:lol making more shit up
:lol more strawman arguments

Go find the thread where this happened. We called you bitter because you were saying the Texans should beat New England.

This exchange comes to mind since it involves you. We were game-planning during the AFCC thread.

Brady hasn't really been good against the Ravens since the Flacco was drafted. Flacco, on the other hand, has had only one bad game against New England, and it was the Ravens' playoff blowout in 2010. I think the pressure is on the Patriots Sunday.

If the Ravens need a comeback, I think Flacco gets it done. If they're leading, it's very possible Joe gives the game away again.

You also said Houston "should be able to" win against New England last week. Your bias is as obvious as hell.

I should clarify: When I say, "Brady hasn't been good," I mean that he hasn't put up good numbers. That's not a biased claim.

121/195, 1278 Yards, 5 TD, 8 INT
62.1%, 6.6 Y/A, 256 Y/G, 72.6 QB Rating

Those are Brady's stats against the Ravens since Flacco was drafted.

108/167, 1271 Yards, 9 TD, 4 INT
64.7%, 7.6 Y/A, 254 Y/G, 95.7 QB Rating

Those are Flacco's against Brady. His only poor game was in 2010, when he only had a QB rating of 10.0, but the Ravens didn't need him to throw. I'm not saying Brady doesn't make plays to win, because he does. He scored the go-ahead touchdown in the AFCCG last season. But he hasn't blown out the Ravens in a long time (nine years). He may make the difference again on Sunday, but he doesn't have a history of destroying Baltimore.

I believe I actually said Houston should win. My claim was stronger than you suggested. But I also said that would only happen if the Texans' defense played the way they did at the beginning of the year; they did not. I still think they did enough to win, but I had no idea that Schaub had gotten so bad. I owned up to being wrong on that, though. I do think this is a different circumstance, because I don't have to hope/assume the Ravens defense will get out of a funk. They're playing as well as they ever have this season. With the spread and being at home, with the talk of how Brady is the far-superior quarterback, I don't think it's too biased to say they have the pressure. The Ravens are motivated with the Last Ride movement, but they're still the ones playing with house money.

I don't like the Patriots -- I thought I made that clear. They're my second-least-favorite team in the league. I hope they lose most of their games. But I wouldn't pick them to lose to teams that I don't think have legitimate advantages over them in key areas. I underestimated how little focus Houston had (they still don't have the mentality of a contending team), but there's nothing absurd about picking Baltimore, even in a landslide. Statistically speaking, Flacco seems more likely to go off than Brady is.

Funny, after you lost your ad hominem argument, you didn't have too much to say on the topic. The point is that your only way of deflecting what turned out to be sound criticism of the Patriots is that I was obviously biased.

Also, how is what I'm saying a straw man? There's no other argument I am ignoring by bringing this up. If you're referring to the Dobson discussion, don't worry. I don't think I have any room to make fun of anyone's receiving corps right now.

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-14-2013, 05:03 PM
This exchange comes to mind since it involves you. We were game-planning during the AFCC thread.

Funny, after you lost your ad hominem argument, you didn't have too much to say on the topic. The point is that your only way of deflecting what turned out to be sound criticism of the Patriots is that I was obviously biased.

Also, how is what I'm saying a straw man? There's no other argument I am ignoring by bringing this up. If you're referring to the Dobson discussion, don't worry. I don't think I have any room to make fun of anyone's receiving corps right now.
:lmao I called you biased for saying Brady hasn't been as good. Where did I call you biased for saying Flacco put up better numbers?

you even had to "clarify" what you were saying :lmao:lmao:lmao

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-14-2013, 05:06 PM
Actually I didn't even call you biased for that now that I re-read it. I called you biased about predicting the Ravens would win. Yes that was laughably wrong but that's not relevant to you revising what the exchange was.

Chinook
09-14-2013, 05:11 PM
Stupid double-post.

monosylab1k
09-14-2013, 05:11 PM
Chinook better thank Football Jesus everyday that his team fluked their way to a title. His retarded homer takes wouldn't get the time of day from anyone here if it wasn't for that.

monosylab1k
09-14-2013, 05:13 PM
I saw a physically talente receiver run wrong routes and let several balls get away from him despite having one if the best qb's of all time puttin it between the numbers no also saw Murphy making big plays when the biggest bust in league history chucking it up. Murphy also had big games with Bruce gradkowski. I'm saying for a guy that got plenty of first team reps throughout camp (where he was reportedly having a tough time), preseason (where he had some dubious drops and fell behind thompkins) he still looked lost out there despite natural talent. He's soft between the ears.

Then you should have just said "Aaron Dobson reminds me alot of Louis Murphy". But of course your salty ass had to word it retardedly. But your point was never to seriously talk football. Just admit that and quit backtracking.

spurraider21
09-14-2013, 05:14 PM
Everybody is a homer and biased except for pats fans tbh

Chinook
09-14-2013, 05:14 PM
:lmao I called you biased for saying Brady hasn't been as good. Where did I call you biased for saying Flacco put up better numbers?

you even had to "clarify" what you were saying :lmao:lmao:lmao

I had to clarify because you didn't seem to know on your own that Brady hadn't been very good against the Ravens in Flacco era. If you think those stats I posted are signs that Brady was good, I don't know what to tell you. You could have looked up the numbers yourself and seen that I was simply stating facts, but it's much easier to just call me biased and move on.

And the post to which you claimed I was biased was saying that Flacco had more individual head-to-head success than Brady did (and that the pressure was on New England). You didn't say which part you thought was biased, so now it just seems like you're backpedaling. I apologize if I misunderstood you, but seeing as you pretty much dropped the topic, there was no opportunity for me to find out.

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-14-2013, 05:16 PM

Neat double post

You moved the goalposts to "Flacco puts up better numbers than Brady in their matchups" AFTER I called you biased. Since I called you biased before you ever brought up which one put up better numbers, it would be a strawman to claim I called you biased BECAUSE you said Flacco put up better numbers than Brady as you put an argument in my mouth that I never said.

Does that answer your question about what you said being a strawman?

Chinook
09-14-2013, 05:18 PM
Chinook better thank Football Jesus everyday that his team fluked their way to a title. His retarded homer takes wouldn't get the time of day from anyone here if it wasn't for that.

You pretend like the Ravens beat New England off a drop and miss field goal. I said Baltimore was better than New England, and they backed me up. You act like I said the Ravens are a dynasty or something.

Talk about bitter right here.

monosylab1k
Everybody is a homer and biased except for pats fans tbh

You've already admitted your anti-Patriots bias so i'm not sure what your point is.

monosylab1k
You pretend like the Ravens beat New England off a drop and miss field goal. I said Baltimore was better than New England, and they backed me up. You act like I said the Ravens are a dynasty or something.

Talk about bitter right here.

Did i say anything about the NE game?

spurraider21
09-14-2013, 05:21 PM
You've already admitted your anti-Patriots bias so i'm not sure what your point is.
My point is that everybody except pats fans are homers and biased

Chinook
09-14-2013, 05:22 PM
Neat double post

You moved the goalposts to "Flacco puts up better numbers than Brady in their matchups" AFTER I called you biased. Since I called you biased before you ever brought up which one put up better numbers, it would be a strawman to claim I called you biased BECAUSE you said Flacco put up better numbers than Brady as you put an argument in my mouth that I never said.

Does that answer your question about what you said being a strawman?

Did you miss the first post I quoted where I said Brady wasn't successful against the Ravens and Flacco was successful against New England? What did you think I meant there? I didn't even say the Ravens were going to win. If you forgot, I was responding to the general feeling that Brady vs. Flacco was an advantage for New England. That hasn't really been the case statistically.

spurraider21
09-14-2013, 05:22 PM
Then you should have just said "Aaron Dobson reminds me alot of Louis Murphy". But of course your salty ass had to word it retardedly. But your point was never to seriously talk football. Just admit that and quit backtracking.
I'm sorry that I exaggerated a point on an online sports forum :cry

Chinook
09-14-2013, 05:23 PM
Did i say anything about the NE game?

You sound like spurraider21 right there.

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-14-2013, 05:24 PM
I had to clarify because you didn't seem to know on your own that Brady hadn't been very good against the Ravens in Flacco era. If you think those stats I posted are signs that Brady was good, I don't know what to tell you. You could have looked up the numbers yourself and seen that I was simply stating facts, but it's much easier to just call me biased and move on.

And the post to which you claimed I was biased was saying that Flacco had more individual head-to-head success than Brady did (and that the pressure was on New England). You didn't say which part you thought was biased, so now it just seems like you're backpedaling. I apologize if I misunderstood you, but seeing as you pretty much dropped the topic, there was no opportunity for me to find out.
Entering that AFCCG, Brady was 3-2 in his career vs. Flacco, so at the time, definitively saying something as vague as Flacco had more "individual head-to-head sucess than Brady did" when he had a fucking losing record against Brady wasn't some extremely obvious "fact" as you claim.

Which is why you had to "clarify" that you meant Flacco put up better numbers in their matchups, which you yourself admit I didn't respond to.

monosylab1k
09-14-2013, 05:25 PM
You sound like spurraider21 right there.

So your answer is "no". Thanks :tu

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-14-2013, 05:27 PM
Did you miss the first post I quoted where I said Brady wasn't successful against the Ravens and Flacco was successful against New England? What did you think I meant there? I didn't even say the Ravens were going to win. If you forgot, I was responding to the general feeling that Brady vs. Flacco was an advantage for New England. That hasn't really been the case statistically.
Seeing that Brady vs. Flacco was a 3-2 advantage for New England entering that game, I had no idea what the fuck you meant when you said Flacco had more success against New England than Brady had against Baltimore. Generally having success means winning.

Chinook
09-14-2013, 05:29 PM
Entering that AFCCG, Brady was 3-2 in his career vs. Flacco, so at the time, definitively saying something as vague as Flacco had more "individual head-to-head sucess than Brady did" when he had a fucking losing record against Brady wasn't some extremely obvious "fact" as you claim.

Which is why you had to "clarify" that you meant Flacco put up better numbers in their matchups, which you yourself admit I didn't respond to.

No offense, but I was clearly not talking about W/L the first time around, or else I would not have said that Flacco struggled in the 2010 playoff game. To me, "having a good game" means putting up good numbers and avoiding mistakes. You can have a bad game and win, which is what Flacco did.

In general, the only lopsided victories in the last six match-ups belong to the Ravens. So I don't even think you can discount Flacco's numbers as him trying to catch up or something. He has just literally had good games against the Patriots, and Brady has just had bad games against the Ravens. That's just the way it is.

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-14-2013, 05:30 PM
No offense, but I was clearly not talking about W/L the first time around, or else I would not have said that Flacco struggled in the 2010 playoff game. To me, "having a good game" means putting up good numbers and avoiding mistakes. You can have a bad game and win, which is what Flacco did.

In general, the only lopsided victories in the last six match-ups belong to the Ravens. So I don't even think you can discount Flacco's numbers as him trying to catch up or something. He has just literally had good games against the Patriots, and Brady has just had bad games against the Ravens. That's just the way it is.
Great split hairs all you want. You stated a vague opinion which could be interpreted any number of ways.

Did I ever say you were "biased" for saying Flacco put up better numbers than Brady in their matchups? Yes or no.

Chinook
09-14-2013, 05:31 PM
So your answer is "no". Thanks :tu

Sure...

Saying the Ravens fluked all the way to the Super Bowl is like saying Miami fluked passed the Spurs because of Game 6.

monosylab1k
09-14-2013, 05:34 PM
My point is that everybody except pats fans are homers and biased

Bills fans on here aren't. Bandwagon riders aside (sup Ghazi), 49ers fans aren't insufferable homers either.

Chinook
09-14-2013, 05:34 PM
Great split hairs all you want.

Did I ever say you were "biased" for saying Flacco put up better numbers than Brady in their matchups? Yes or no.

I'm not sure. You responded to a post in which that was the only thing I said. So I at least thought you meant to say that until today. That you meant it to apply to my support of the Ravens in general makes more sense now, but it seems retroactive, seeing as I hadn't even picked the Ravens to win at that time, if I did at all.

EDIT: Nevermind. I did pick the Ravens to win in post 48.

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-14-2013, 05:36 PM
Bills fans on here aren't. Bandwagon riders aside (sup Ghazi), 49ers fans aren't insufferable homers either.
Chargers fans outside of Flabbs aren't either, but they're reverse homers when it comes to New England, kinda like black people when it comes to Duke Basketball.

monosylab1k
09-14-2013, 05:37 PM
Sure...

Saying the Ravens fluked all the way to the Super Bowl is like saying Miami fluked passed the Spurs because of Game 6.

It's the new age of the NFL. Fluke titles happen. See the 01 Patriots, 05 Steelers, 07 Giants, 11 Giants, and now the Ravens. Just own up to it.

Chinook
09-14-2013, 05:39 PM
It's the new age of the NFL. Fluke titles happen. See the 01 Patriots, 05 Steelers, 07 Giants, 11 Giants, and now the Ravens. Just own up to it.

Why not the 2000 Ravens, then?

I could see you saying those were Cinderella teams. But they weren't flukes. When plays needed to be made, they made them. We're not talking the Immaculate Reception here.

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-14-2013, 05:43 PM
I wouldn't call any NFL team a "fluke" simply because there's so much parity these days that winning/losing a superbowl is usually the difference between a few fluky bullshit plays in a close playoff game. Almost every recent superbowl team had a wildly fluky play at a key time go their way during the playoffs that was mostly luck.

monosylab1k
09-14-2013, 05:44 PM
Why not the 2000 Ravens, then?

I could see you saying those were Cinderella teams. But they weren't flukes. When plays needed to be made, they made them. We're not talking the Immaculate Reception here.

Going into the playoffs the 2000 Ravens were dominating, and IIRC the only team anybody gave a chance to beat them was the Titans.

Every one of those other teams pretty much spent the entire season not looking like a championship caliber team, but through a series of one in a million plays and incredible upsets, fluked their way to a title.

monosylab1k
09-14-2013, 05:46 PM
Chargers fans outside of Flabbs aren't either, but they're reverse homers when it comes to New England, kinda like black people when it comes to Duke Basketball.

Well when a team goes balls deep in you that often, causing your franchise GOAT to cry and whine incessantly, of course a hatred develops.

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-14-2013, 05:47 PM
I'm not sure.
Somehow I knew the answer to that wasn't going to be a "yes" or a "no"

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-14-2013, 05:48 PM
Well when a team goes balls deep in you that often, causing your franchise GOAT to cry and whine incessantly, of course a hatred develops.
rofl true the Patriots are what caused this

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.aolnews.com/media/2010/01/ldt-action-figure-large-bp.jpg

Raven
09-14-2013, 05:55 PM

i don't think so, dobson looked like total shit so it's only fair to call him as such without too much worry. If he improves (he indeed showed flashes of difference making talent) than none should account it against you as long as you don't say stuff like "he is shit and will always be shit like phillybilly"

spurraider21
09-14-2013, 05:56 PM
i don't think so, dobson looked like total shit so it's only fair to call him as such without too much worry. If he improves (he indeed showed flashes of difference making talent) than none should account it against you as long as you don't say stuff like "he is shit and will always be shit like phillybilly"

I said he's just another Louis Murphy, and that has everybody here all riled up :lol

monosylab1k
09-14-2013, 05:59 PM
rofl true the Patriots are what caused this

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.aolnews.com/media/2010/01/ldt-action-figure-large-bp.jpg

:lmao forgot about that.

Chinook
09-14-2013, 05:59 PM
Somehow I knew the answer to that wasn't going to be a "yes" or a "no"

I could have said, "yes." But I gave you the benefit of the doubt that you calling me biased while quoting a post about Flacco and Brady did not necessarily mean that you were calling me biased because of that post.

monosylab1k
09-14-2013, 06:00 PM
I said he's just another Louis Murphy, and that has everybody here all riled up :lol

ROFL more backtracking.

monosylab1k
09-14-2013, 06:01 PM

There, that's better.

Raven
09-14-2013, 06:02 PM

well it's a little unfair for an injured reciever playing his first career game in heavy rain to say what he will be or will not be tbh.. he did play as total shit though, i give you that.

Chinook
Going into the playoffs the 2000 Ravens were dominating, and IIRC the only team anybody gave a chance to beat them was the Titans.

Every one of those other teams pretty much spent the entire season not looking like a championship caliber team, but through a series of one in a million plays and incredible upsets, fluked their way to a title.

The 2000 Ravens were underdogs in the Titans and Raiders (six points each). It was very much like this season. The 2011 Giants were in the middle of a streak entering the post-season, so they definitely did look as terrible as the Ravens did this past season. I don't recall a flukey 2007 Giants win outside of maybe the Super Bowl, but like the Divisional game last year, it wasn't like the Giants were being firmly outplayed in that game.

DUNCANownsKOBE
I could have said, "yes." But I gave you the benefit of the doubt that you calling me biased while quoting a post about Flacco and Brady did not necessarily mean that you were calling me biased because of that post.
The post I called you biased for did not say "Flacco put up better numbers than Brady in their matchups" as that's an objective comparison (as you said in your next post responding to me, which subconsciously admits your first post was subjective :lol) while everything in your post was a matter of opinion.

You didn't say yes because I never called you biased for specifically making the objective comparison that "Flacco has put up better numbers than Brady in their matchups"

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-14-2013, 06:03 PM
You said he'd follow the same career path of Louis Murphy, so no, that's not what you said.

spurraider21
09-14-2013, 06:07 PM
fucking tomato tomahto

Chinook
09-14-2013, 06:15 PM
The post I called you biased for did not say "Flacco put up better numbers than Brady in their matchups" as that's an objective comparison (as you said in your next post responding to me, which subconsciously admits your first post was subjective :lol) while everything in your post was a matter of opinion.

You didn't say yes because I never called you biased for specifically making the objective comparison that "Flacco has put up better numbers than Brady in their matchups"

No. Specifically, I said Brady hasn't been good against the Ravens since they got Flacco and that Flacco has been good against the Patriots with the exception of one game (which the Ravens won). That is what you called me biased for. Now you're trying to say that you meant that you were calling me biased for thinking the Ravens were going to win, but you had the opportunity to quote that post, and you didn't.

So now you're splitting hairs to try to get out of being wrong. If you had bothered to look up the numbers, you'd've seen that the Patriots won those three games despite Brady not being good and that Flacco had had repeated success in those games, you could have just admitted that you didn't know what you were talking about. But instead, you just assumed that I had to be a biased Anti-Patriot because I didn't buy into the hype.

As I said before, I don't think there was anything really subjective about the first post. Brady hadn't been very good, and Flacco had. The stats bear that out. That the Patriots were 3-2 against the Ravens at that point doesn't dispute that fact. I never said that the Ravens in general were more successful than the Patriots in that span.

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-14-2013, 06:20 PM
No. Specifically, I said Brady hasn't been good against the Ravens since they got Flacco and that Flacco has been good against the Patriots with the exception of one game (which the Ravens won). That is what you called me biased for. Now you're trying to say that you meant that you were calling me biased for thinking the Ravens were going to win, but you had the opportunity to quote that post, and you didn't.
"hadn't been as good" is about as subjective as it gets. "Good" and "Bad" is a matter of opinion.

So now you're splitting hairs to try to get out of being wrong. If you had bothered to look up the numbers, you'd've seen that the Patriots won those three games despite Brady not being good and that Flacco had had repeated success in those games, you could have just admitted that you didn't know what you were talking about. But instead, you just assumed that I had to be a biased Anti-Patriot because I didn't buy into the hype.
I generally associate having success with winning. Like I said, "success" and "good" is a subjective matter of opinion. I think stuff like which one is going up against a better defense/which one has better players around him on offense needs to be weighed with numbers when debating between "good" and "bad", I guess you don't.

As I said before, I don't think there was anything really subjective about the first post. Brady hadn't been very good, and Flacco had. The stats bear that out. That the Patriots were 3-2 against the Ravens at that point doesn't dispute that fact. I never said that the Ravens in general were more successful than the Patriots in that span.
Brady had been good enough to win 3 games. Flacco had been good enough to win 2 games. The W-L column bears out which one played better. That's my opinion, your opinion is based off how much Flacco inflated his stats. See how opinions work?

And you implied it when you said "I think the pressure is on New England"

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-14-2013, 06:26 PM
I should clarify: When I say, "Brady hasn't been good," I mean that he hasn't put up good numbers. That's not a biased claim.

It's odd, and hilarious, you felt the need to clarify what you meant when you said "Brady hasn't been good" even though you're now apparently saying it was super obvious and super objective what you were saying.

spurraider21
09-14-2013, 06:27 PM
"hadn't been as good" is about as subjective as it gets. "Good" and "Bad" is a matter of opinion.
no. when one person performs better (as often indicated by statistics), saying "hasn't been as good" is objective. to say flacco outplayed brady in the 2012 playoffs isn't a stretch nor is it subjective.

I generally associate having success with winning.
tell me more about how tim tebow is a successful NFL quarterback

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-14-2013, 06:29 PM
no. when one person performs better (as often indicated by statistics), saying "hasn't been as good" is objective. to say flacco outplayed brady in the 2012 playoffs isn't a stretch nor is it subjective.
:lmao this argument has nothing to do which one outplayed the other in the 2012 playoffs

:lmao your reading comprehension reaching an all time low

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-14-2013, 06:31 PM
here comes the part where spursraiders says, "Well I never said it had anything to do with the 2012 playoffs! I just felt like pointing out Flacco outplayed Brady in the playoffs!"

Chinook
09-14-2013, 06:31 PM

I generally associate having success with winning. Like I said, "success" and "good" is a subjective matter of opinion.

Brady had been good enough to win 3 games. Flacco had been good enough to win 2 games. The W-L column bears out which one played better. That's my opinion, your opinion is based off how much Flacco inflated his stats. See how opinions work?

And yes you did, as you said "I think the pressure is on New England"

So you think it was subjective? I guess I can agree with that. But subjective doesn't really mean biased, or at least biased to an unfair extent. Yes, good and bad are matters of opinion, but that opinion wasn't based off me not liking the Patriots. It was based off looking at their stats. Had you called me out on not being subjective in that post, it wouldn't have really meant anything. But you dismissed my opinion as being slanted by my bitterness or whatever.

It's a symptom of this new quarterback-centric league that people give QBs wins and losses like they're pitchers in baseball. I don't think it works that way, and I've said that even when it didn't benefit my argument. Flacco has one of his "wins" against the Patriots despite the fact that he played really poorly. He has three "losses" despite the fact that he played well. You think the buck stops with the record, and I can respect that even though I disagree. But instead of using that line to respond to my post, you took the, "Oh look, biased fan hating on the Pats because he's still bitter," route.

That's why I brought up that exchange in this thread. It's not like you asked spurraider why he thought that Dobson was going to be like Murphy before accusing him of being a bitter fan trying to down a Patriots player. You just assumed he had no actual merit for his points from the start. Even if you're right to dismiss his opinion here, you're not always right to do so.

Chinook
09-14-2013, 06:34 PM
It's odd, and hilarious, you felt the need to clarify what you meant when you said "Brady hasn't been good" even though you're now apparently saying it was super obvious and super objective what you were saying.

As I said, I thought it was clear, because I thought Patriots fans would roughly know the stats Brady puts up against Baltimore. (It's a pretty typical thing for him to struggle.) Then you gave me flack for the opinion, so I took the, "I should clarify," route rather than the insulting route that a lot of people on this board take when they get into a disagreement.

Chief Brody
09-14-2013, 06:39 PM
I looked death right in the eyes before. Im pretty dissensitized. You get anxious. I don't. I've been places emotionally you haven't sniffed and I pretty much know how I react in tense life or death situations. I've had AK47's pointed directly at me (caught in the middle of bank robbery in Dire Dawa, Ethiopia), was held hostage at gunpoint for 3 hours by thugs in Vietnam, was caught in the middle of a mall shooting where the guy came up right next to me fired his pistol and blew another guy's dick off, and was moments away from being abducted as a kid. I'm not a tough guy. I've just been through a lot of fucked up shit and know how I would react to certain situations as a result.

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-14-2013, 06:39 PM
So you think it was subjective? I guess I can agree with that. But subjective doesn't really mean biased, or at least biased to an unfair extent. Yes, good and bad are matters of opinion, but that opinion wasn't based off me not liking the Patriots. It was based off looking at their stats. Had you called me out on not being subjective in that post, it wouldn't have really meant anything. But you dismissed my opinion as being slanted by my bitterness or whatever.
:lol putting more words in my mouth about "bitterness"

Where in my reply did I call you bitter? I called you biased because you predicted the Texans would beat New England.

That's why I brought up that exchange in this thread. It's not like you asked him why he thought that before accusing him of being a bitter fan trying to down a Patriots player. You just assumed he had no actual merit for his points from the start. Even if you're right to dismiss his opinion here, you're not always right to do so.
:lmao I assumed he had no actual merit because he was drawing a conclusion about what an NFL player's career would be after one game.

Monostradamus
09-14-2013, 06:40 PM
The 2000 Ravens were underdogs in the Titans and Raiders (six points each).

The Ravens defense was being compared to the 85 Bears and they dominated every playoff opponent they faced. I could give a fuck less what Vegas thinks (those lines are 100% Dilfer-related imho). Most NFL fans thought the Ravens defense was going to take them all the way.

It was very much like this season.

I assume you mean last season. Either way, do you know your own team? The 2012 Ravens were an average football team who looked average most of the season and limped their way into the playoffs. Most people wrote them off until Ray Lewis started quoting Bible scriptures and deer antler sprayed/roided/drank vials of Baker & Lollars blooded himself back onto the playing field. The 2000 Ravens started slow and reeled off 7 wins to end the season, and were in dominating form going into the playoffs.

Chief Brody
09-14-2013, 06:45 PM
Couple points...

-that 2000 Ravens D was historically great--even though they may have been dogs at some points--but didn't they go a 5-game stretch that season where they didn't score an offensive TD, but still went 3-2? Tennessee was their only true obstacle--maybe Minnesota out of the NFC, but the Giants skunked them in the NFCCG.

-I called that Flacco run at the beginning of the year. Not being a homer, but he's a gamer--like a Big Ben, Snake, etc.

Chinook
09-14-2013, 06:46 PM
:lol putting more words in my mouth about "bitterness"

Where in my reply did I call you bitter? I called you biased because you predicted the Texans would beat New England.

:lmao I assumed he had no actual merit because he was drawing a conclusion about what an NFL player's career would be after one game.

I don't feel like getting into a semantic discussion. I don't mean that you used those words. You did indeed call me biased and not bitter. But I assumed you called me that because of the exchange earlier in the thread where I admitted that I detest the Patriots because of 2007 (in other words, admitting that I was bitter toward them). That may have been incorrect, and I apologize if it was. I picked Houston to win because I saw the weaknesses in the Patriots that Baltimore exploited the next week. I think the prediction went awry because the Texans were a lot worse than I thought they were, rather than the Patriots being a lot better.

Monostradamus
09-14-2013, 06:47 PM
I looked death right in the eyes before. Im pretty dissensitized. You get anxious. I don't. I've been places emotionally you haven't sniffed and I pretty much know how I react in tense life or death situations. I've had AK47's pointed directly at me (caught in the middle of bank robbery in Dire Dawa, Ethiopia), was held hostage at gunpoint for 3 hours by thugs in Vietnam, was caught in the middle of a mall shooting where the guy came up right next to me fired his pistol and blew another guy's dick off, and was moments away from being abducted as a kid. I'm not a tough guy. I've just been through a lot of fucked up shit and know how I would react to certain situations as a result.

rofl what is this from?

Chief Brody
09-14-2013, 06:48 PM
mingus's last 2 posts (as of 5 min ago) in the youth pastor thread are unquestionably the greatest posts in ST history

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-14-2013, 06:52 PM
I don't feel like getting into a semantic discussion. I don't mean that you used those words. You did indeed call me biased and not bitter. But I assumed you called me that because of the exchange earlier in the thread where I admitted that I detest the Patriots because of 2007 (in other words, admitting that I was bitter toward them). That may have been incorrect, and I apologize if it was. I picked Houston to win because I saw the weaknesses in the Patriots that Baltimore exploited the next week. I think the prediction went awry because the Texans were a lot worse than I thought they were, rather than the Patriots being a lot better.
Chances are the reason I gave in the post where I called you biased is the reason I called you biased.

I've also never understood "bitterness" over that meaningless 2007 game for Baltimore, but that's a different issue.

Monostradamus
09-14-2013, 06:53 PM
But I assumed you called me that because of the exchange earlier in the thread where I admitted that I detest the Patriots because of 2007 (in other words, admitting that I was bitter toward them).

In other words, you got defensive about being called bitter even though you admitted you were bitter?

Monostradamus
09-14-2013, 06:55 PM
mingus's last 2 posts (as of 5 min ago) in the youth pastor thread are unquestionably the greatest posts in ST history

:lmao holy shit i just read them.

Chinook
09-14-2013, 06:56 PM
The Ravens defense was being compared to the 85 Bears and they dominated every playoff opponent they faced. I could give a fuck less what Vegas thinks (those lines are 100% Dilfer-related imho). Most NFL fans thought the Ravens defense was going to take them all the way.

See, I don't remember it that way, but then again, I was quite young when that run happened. I could be wrong though. The only thing I can go back on is the Vegas lines, coverage of the games and what older poster said.

I assume you mean last season. Either way, do you know your own team? The 2012 Ravens were an average football team who looked average most of the season and limped their way into the playoffs. Most people wrote them off until Ray Lewis started quoting Bible scriptures and deer antler sprayed/roided/drank vials of Baker & Lollars blooded himself back onto the playing field. The 2000 Ravens started slow and reeled off 7 wins to end the season, and were in dominating form going into the playoffs.

I didn't. The Ravens were favored at home against the Broncos just like they were against the Colts. Then they were dogs against the Titans and Raiders just like they were against the Broncos and Patriots. Tennessee was considered the team to beat in the bracket, and Baltimore won a hotly contested game due to two big plays. Then, the Raiders were peaking but Baltimore took control pretty early.

I'm definitely not saying the teams were similar. But there are a lot of similarities between the runs of not just 2001 and 2013 but also 2009, although the Ravens did not get to the Super Bowl that season. Those runs contrast with 2007 and 2012, in which the Ravens were actually a pretty popular pick to make the Super Bowl but couldn't live up to expectations. The Ravens have always been better in the playoffs as an under-the-radar team.

Chinook
09-14-2013, 06:57 PM
Chances are the reason I gave in the post where I called you biased is the reason I called you biased.

I've also never understood "bitterness" over that meaningless 2007 game for Baltimore, but that's a different issue.

:lol We talked about that 2007 game. Rex Ryan getting that timeout call. I don't know what he was thinking. It was like the Butt Fumble and icing your own kicker at the same time.

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-14-2013, 07:00 PM
:lol We talked about that 2007 game. Rex Ryan getting that timeout call. I don't know what he was thinking. It was like the Butt Fumble and icing your own kicker at the same time.
Yeah I know but still I don't understand. It was a meaningless game and Baltimore's season was over by then.

Chinook
09-14-2013, 07:00 PM
In other words, you got defensive about being called bitter even though you admitted you were bitter?

I didn't get defensive about being called bitter. I took exception to getting my point dismissed because he assumed that I was too bitter to give an objective opinion. It wasn't like I was making a prediction or anything. I was stating what is a pretty reasonable opinion from looking at the numbers.

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-14-2013, 07:01 PM
TIMMYtoZO viewing thread :lol

Sup Daunte? You going to Jerry's tonight?

Clipper Nation
09-14-2013, 07:03 PM

monosylab1k
09-14-2013, 07:05 PM
Yeah I know but still I don't understand. It was a meaningless game and Baltimore's season was over by then.

It's because the entire nation was bubbling over with Patriots hate, and there was one questionable call in the game, something that happens in every NFL game, but because it's the Patriots everyone threw up their hands screaming ":cry the Patriots always win because of bullshit calls :cry" and so on.

Chinook
09-14-2013, 07:06 PM

That's why it was so horrible. It was like their Super Bowl. Players put it all out there that night and got it taken away because Rex being stupid and the refs letting him do so. That close to almost breaking that perfect record. I started rooting for somebody, anybody to beat the Pats that year. The players took it a lot worse, and if you recall, Suggs really started trash-talking every Ravens/Patriots game after that. The Ravens became a better team after that, and the scope of the series between the teams changed. So my feelings morphed from temporary bitterness to a long-term disdain for a rival. All the close games that have come since haven't cooled those fires, either.

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-14-2013, 07:06 PM
It's because the entire nation was bubbling over with Patriots hate, and there was one questionable call in the game, something that happens in every NFL game, but because it's the Patriots everyone threw up their hands screaming ":cry the Patriots always win because of bullshit calls :cry" and so on.
Yeah I get that part, but Ravenfan at least claims to be butthurt about the fact Baltimore lost, not the fact New England won. That's the part I don't get.

Chinook
09-14-2013, 07:07 PM

Yes. Not going to lie. That's it. Now, it's more like how normal Ravens fans feel about the Steelers.

spurraider21
09-14-2013, 07:15 PM
:lmao this argument has nothing to do which one outplayed the other in the 2012 playoffs

:lmao your reading comprehension reaching an all time low

here comes the part where spursraiders says, "Well I never said it had anything to do with the 2012 playoffs! I just felt like pointing out Flacco outplayed Brady in the playoffs!"

i specifically said 2012 playoffs dumbshit. i wasn't addressing your specific argument with chinook. i was just caling out your bullshit that "ouplaying somebody" is subjective. mind our own down reading comprehension. look at the comment i quoted. flacco clearly outplayed bardy in 2012 playoffs. but fine, if that doesn't apply, see 2011 playoff matchup. same shit. flacco still otuplayed brady in that one. not subjective there either

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-14-2013, 08:33 PM
i specifically said 2012 playoffs dumbshit. i wasn't addressing your specific argument with chinook. i was just caling out your bullshit that "ouplaying somebody" is subjective. mind our own down reading comprehension. look at the comment i quoted. flacco clearly outplayed bardy in 2012 playoffs. but fine, if that doesn't apply, see 2011 playoff matchup. same shit. flacco still otuplayed brady in that one. not subjective there either
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-rfoDJ4WFT0k/UfkFDZzECAI/AAAAAAAANTA/K_dIsg5nFrQ/s640/Slide01.png

spurraider21
09-14-2013, 08:41 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-rfoDJ4WFT0k/UfkFDZzECAI/AAAAAAAANTA/K_dIsg5nFrQ/s640/Slide01.png
incredible retort, per par. i'll say it again so perhaps you can understand. I was specifically refuting your "point" that a player getting outplayed is purely subjective. idgaf if you and chinook were talking about 2011, 2012, or 1990. i brought up 2012 playoffs as my own example, one that should be fresh in your head. since you whined about that one saying ":cry we weren't talking about 2012 herpderp reading comprehension" i then brought up the 2011 playoffs. and you respond with that shit. congrats

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAryFIuRxmQ

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-14-2013, 08:42 PM
incredible retort, per par. i'll say it again so perhaps you can understand. I was specifically refuting your "point" that a player getting outplayed is purely subjective. idgaf if you and chinook were talking about 2011, 2012, or 1990. i brought up 2012 playoffs as my own example, one that should be fresh in your head. since you whined about that one saying ":cry we weren't talking about 2012 herpderp reading comprehension" i then brought up the 2011 playoffs. and you respond with that shit. congrats

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAryFIuRxmQ
https://www.theteachersvault.com/sites/default/files/styles/uc_product_full/public/thepumpkinbook.jpg?itok=ORJwRubr

spurraider21
09-14-2013, 08:43 PM
:lol DoK falling apart
:lol resorting to posting pictures as retorts

mono, brody get in here. DoK needs your help

TIMMYtoZO
09-14-2013, 08:47 PM
TIMMYtoZO viewing thread :lol

Sup Daunte? You going to Jerry's tonight?

:lol Sup Deandre? I am going to Jerry's tonight, but I am going to Dustin's pre-party first. You going to Tim's 6 keg Manning Bowl party tomorrow?

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-14-2013, 08:48 PM
:lol DoK falling apart
:lol resorting to posting pictures as retorts

mono, brody get in here. DoK needs your help
http://www.teachercreatedmaterials.com/images/reading/rc_header.gif

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-14-2013, 08:48 PM
:lol Sup Deandre? I am going to Jerry's tonight, but I am going to Dustin's pre-party first. You going to Tim's 6 keg Manning party tomorrow?
Yep. I'm playing Chris in fantasy and he has Peyton so I'll be cheering for the Giants :lol

spurraider21
09-14-2013, 08:49 PM
:lol he's dug the hole too deep now. keep 'em coming :lmao

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-14-2013, 08:51 PM
:lol he's dug the hole too deep now. keep 'em coming :lmao
http://www.rainbowresource.com/products/003404.jpg

spurraider21
09-14-2013, 08:57 PM
a sick part of me enjoys watching meltdowns

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-14-2013, 08:59 PM
http://carsondellosa.secure.miisolutions.net/media/cd/images/product/large/904060.jpg

Monostradamus
09-14-2013, 11:07 PM
me too! keep yours going bro!

Ghazi
09-15-2013, 03:34 AM
Patriots are the 2nd best team in the AFC... yet would have trouble making the playoffs in the NFC... crazy the disparity between the two conferences this year.

Bill_Brasky
09-15-2013, 11:10 AM
pats blow.

monosylab1k
10-04-2013, 04:57 PM
So Brandon Lloyd, a guy who knows the system and played reasonably well last year, sits around unsigned. If this team was interested in signing a veteran receiver, he is the most logical choice by a wide margin.

So with that in mind, apparently Bill decided things like logic mean shit, and instead signed walking concussion machine Austin Collie to go catch 2 passes this year before being tapped on the helmet and going into a vegetative state for the rest of his life. This has to be a trolljob by Bill.

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-04-2013, 06:11 PM
So Brandon Lloyd, a guy who knows the system and played reasonably well last year, sits around unsigned. If this team was interested in signing a veteran receiver, he is the most logical choice by a wide margin.

So with that in mind, apparently Bill decided things like logic mean shit, and instead signed walking concussion machine Austin Collie to go catch 2 passes this year before being tapped on the helmet and going into a vegetative state for the rest of his life. This has to be a trolljob by Bill.
Brandon Lloyd iirc has no interest in coming back to football, at least right now. Last I heard he was the star actor in a movie (dead serious). t

spurraider21
12-30-2013, 08:55 PM
Aaron Dobson ended up with 519 receiving yards and 4 touchdowns
Louis Murphy ended his rookie season with 521 yards and 4 touchdowns

i know dobson played in 4 less games, but that similarity is fucking remarkable :lol
besides, it should balance out with the Jamarcus Russell - Tom Brady discrepancy

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-30-2013, 09:25 PM
Aaron Dobson ended up with 519 receiving yards and 4 touchdowns
Louis Murphy ended his rookie season with 521 yards and 4 touchdowns

i know dobson played in 4 less games, but that similarity is fucking remarkable :lol
besides, it should balance out with the Jamarcus Russell - Tom Brady discrepancy

doesn't quite cancel out the blowjobs you were giving Wes "778 yards without Brady" Welker and crying about how unappreciative New England fans were of the vital role he played :lol

:lmao New England losing Hernandez to prison, Vollmer, Wilfork, Mayo and Gronk to season ending injuries and still putting up the exact same fucking record they had last year w/ Welker
:lmao Julian Edelman outplaying Welker this year
:lmao getting injured once he no longer has Brady making passes that keep him away from big hits

Spur-Addict
12-30-2013, 10:24 PM
XYV6pFXM8XA

spurraider21
12-30-2013, 10:24 PM
doesn't quite cancel out the blowjobs you were giving Wes "778 yards without Brady" Welker and crying about how unappreciative New England fans were of the vital role he played :lol

:lmao New England losing Hernandez to prison, Vollmer, Wilfork, Mayo and Gronk to season ending injuries and still putting up the exact same fucking record they had last year w/ Welker
:lmao Julian Edelman outplaying Welker this year
:lmao getting injured once he no longer has Brady making passes that keep him away from big hits
i'm glad they replaced the white midget welker with fellow white midget Julian Edelman, and the guy dubbed as Welker 2.0, Danny Amendola

but cmon don't i get some credit for the louis murphy thing? look at those numbers :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-30-2013, 10:40 PM
i'm glad they replaced the white midget welker with fellow white midget Julian Edelman, and the guy dubbed as Welker 2.0, Danny Amendola

but cmon don't i get some credit for the louis murphy thing? look at those numbers :lol
Calvin Johnson had 756 yards and 4 touchdowns in 15 games his rookie year. Dobson had 519 yards and 4 touchdowns in 11 games his rookie year. Look how similar their per game numbers are :wow, Dobson might be the next Calvin Johnson.

I can find a laundry list of receivers who put up numbers similar to those their rookie year who go onto be a pro bowler and another list who become duds. Judging a receiver after his rookie year when it's a position with one of the steepest learning curves makes no sense, especially when we're talking about a team that's historically had shitty results with receivers they draft.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-30-2013, 10:46 PM
Terrell Owens had 520 yards and 4 touchdowns his rookie year. Aaron Dobson had 519 yards and 4 touchdowns his rookie year.

They're practically a clone of each other :lmao

spurraider21
12-31-2013, 01:26 AM
so i dont get any partial credit? :lol

especially since i compared them after week 1... cmon man

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-31-2013, 07:29 AM

By your logic Dobson and Terrell Owens are comparable since their rookie numbers are virtually the same. Glad New England drafted a future all time great.

monosylab1k
12-31-2013, 09:08 AM

:lol you want credit for pulling a name completely out of your ass and then having the numbers halfway redeem you? Okay, credit where it's due. Your football analysis is on par with the Super Bowl predicting octopus. Congratulations!

Bill_Brasky
12-31-2013, 11:20 AM
Terrell Owens had 520 yards and 4 touchdowns his rookie year. Aaron Dobson had 519 yards and 4 touchdowns his rookie year.

They're practically a clone of each other :lmao
Just like Sidney rice is a clone of Larry Fitzgerald :lmao

spurraider21
12-31-2013, 11:44 AM
By your logic Dobson and Terrell Owens are comparable since their rookie numbers are virtually the same. Glad New England drafted a future all time great.
no sense a humor in you, is there

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-31-2013, 12:49 PM

So you're saying Dobson = Murphy was a joke :lol

On the real, if Dobson is healthy next year and has the same numbers/regresses the way Murphy did then I'll give you credit. Next year if healthy he should get 800-900 yards and have similar productivity to 2003 or 2004 Deion Branch. Branch was much smarter and had all the intangibles but Dobson has more physical talent.

monosylab1k
12-31-2013, 12:52 PM

lol says the guy who melted down when i posted an asterisk in the peyton td pass record thread

spurraider21
12-31-2013, 01:00 PM
So you're saying Dobson = Murphy was a joke :lol

On the real, if Dobson is healthy next year and has the same numbers/regresses the way Murphy did then I'll give you credit. Next year if healthy he should get 800-900 yards and have similar productivity to 2003 or 2004 Deion Branch. Branch was much smarter and had all the intangibles but Dobson has more physical talent.
wasn't a complete joke. just thought it was funny that their final stats actually ended up near identical after all the back and forth we had this year. with the Pats being short on weapons, he should get numbers though. i think he would end up with murphy-esque numbers if he was playing with Russel/Gradkowski though :lol

lol says the guy who melted down when i posted an asterisk in the peyton td pass record thread
you have a very liberal use of the term "melt down" apparently. basically a response/rebuttal comment is a meltdown by your standards. if fact, this comment is probably a meltdown

monosylab1k
12-31-2013, 01:03 PM
rofl making time to go on a rampage against "brady stans" during a game where your team was getting their shit pushed in by a longtime bitter rival showed me enough.

johnsmith
12-31-2013, 01:04 PM
rofl making time to go on a rampage against "brady stans" during a game where your team was getting their shit pushed in by a longtime bitter rival showed me enough.

This is where the "yeah, but I'm a Raiders fan and I expect them to suck" auto response comes in.

spurraider21
12-31-2013, 01:06 PM
can you show me the rampage?

spurraider21
12-31-2013, 05:57 PM
can you show me the rampage? monosylab1k

monosylab1k
12-31-2013, 06:02 PM
This is where the "yeah, but I'm a Raiders fan and I expect them to suck" auto response comes in.

spurraider21
12-31-2013, 07:06 PM

Clipper Nation
12-31-2013, 07:29 PM
He has a point though, the Raiders do suck ass :lol

spurraider21
12-31-2013, 07:59 PM
i'm just waiting for a direct answer from mono. if he's going to claim i melted down, and then make a separate claim that i went on a rampage, i would LOVE to see it:lol

monosylab1k
12-31-2013, 11:40 PM
He has a point though, the Raiders do suck ass :lol

spurraider21
01-01-2014, 06:26 AM

monosylab1k (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=5048)

monosylab1k
01-06-2014, 08:17 PM
Brandon Spikes put on IR

WHAT THE FUCK

AchillesHeel
01-06-2014, 08:25 PM
:wow shit...

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-06-2014, 08:26 PM
He's probably played his last game as a Patriot tbh. The cap situation is pretty shitty this off season with Hernandez's $7.5M in dead money, only way they'll be able to keep him is if Wilfork agrees to a pay cut (which could happen).

Spur-Addict
01-06-2014, 08:28 PM
That's a hefty sized loss, on top of already missing Vince.

DeadlyDynasty
01-06-2014, 08:28 PM
Sucks for them, but this week it shouldn't hurt too much since he makes his bones in run defense, and the Colts can't rush for shit.

J.T.
01-06-2014, 08:38 PM
Sucks for them, but this week it shouldn't hurt too much since he makes his bones in run defense, and the Colts can't rush for shit.

The Colts don't get their run game production from actually handing it off. They get it from screens and dump offs to the RB. Been doing this since Manning's days.

Raven
01-07-2014, 11:19 AM

Raven
01-07-2014, 12:00 PM
:lol so now only two of our front defenders have been in the league for more than two years
:lol some dude whose name i've never heard before except when he was drafted as part of the rutgers mafia, that has a grand total of 1 tackle is now our only bench linebacker available
:lol forced to play some noname claimed from waivers guys and having to pretend they actually have talent
:lol Brady signing for peanuts just so he can play with Joe freaking Vellano
:lol BB
:lol Pats

LnGrrrR
01-07-2014, 12:19 PM
The Pats better f'ing win this game. How many times have the Colts let their opponents go up big, then came back against them? I will be bummed if the Pats do the same.

LnGrrrR
01-07-2014, 12:21 PM
Also, re: the Spikes thing, is there any chance we can hire the medical team from the Suns?

BUMP
01-07-2014, 12:24 PM
Tuck Rule has to be the worst call in professional sports in 20 years.

CWPQoFwVkrk

this call (non-call) was even worse. Jerry Rice clearly fumbles on that last drive but they just play on leading to the Catch 2. This is extremely awful :lol

3:49

AchillesHeel
01-07-2014, 12:50 PM
:lol so now only two of our front defenders have been in the league for more than two years
:lol some dude whose name i've never heard before except when he was drafted as part of the rutgers mafia, that has a grand total of 1 tackle is now our only bench linebacker available
:lol forced to play some noname claimed from waivers guys and having to pretend they actually have talent
:lol Brady signing for peanuts just so he can play with Joe freaking Vellano
:lol BB
:lol Pats

Seriously...how many people outside of Pats fans can even name five players that are currently not injured and not named Brady? 12 of our players are on IR...

We have Brady and a bunch of scrubs. Our best receiver is Julian Edelman, a midget we drafted in the 7th round...what the fuck.

spurraider21
01-07-2014, 12:54 PM
CWPQoFwVkrk

this call (non-call) was even worse. Jerry Rice clearly fumbles on that last drive but they just play on leading to the Catch 2. This is extremely awful :lol

3:49
you have to account for instant replay. wrong calls on the field happen all the time. but they reviewed and overturned the rule on the field in HIFI's case

thunderup
01-07-2014, 12:54 PM
And the sea continues to part for us. I'm lovin' it! :)

LnGrrrR
01-07-2014, 12:58 PM
It's funny that people still get pissed about the Tuck Rule.

It's fucking 2014! Nearly 13 years later! Holy shite. lol

It will be fun when the Pats win a Super Bowl in 2056 and people bring up the Tuck Rule and Spygate.

spurraider21
01-07-2014, 04:59 PM
It's funny that people still get pissed about the Tuck Rule.

It's fucking 2014! Nearly 13 years later! Holy shite. lol

It will be fun when the Pats win a Super Bowl in 2056 and people bring up the Tuck Rule and Spygate.
not that uncommon imo. spurfan is still salty about 0.4, Kings fans still salty about 2002, Jazz fans are salty about the pushoff. bills fans by in large are still cursing the music city miracle

monosylab1k
01-07-2014, 05:32 PM
you have to account for instant replay. wrong calls on the field happen all the time. but they reviewed and overturned the rule on the field in HIFI's case

yes tbh. thankfully instant replay was around for them to get the call right.

spurraider21
01-07-2014, 05:57 PM

btw you never showed where i went on my rampage/meltdown after manning broke the td record. still waiting for that

BUMP
01-07-2014, 07:57 PM

true

HI-FI
01-07-2014, 08:07 PM
true

spurraider already said what I was going to say. but lots of shit did happen that wouldn't with instant replay. I believe there is still debate the Immaculate Reception would've been overturned, and that was one of the most iconic plays, more iconic than the Catch 2, though I'd argue the original Catch is a top 3 moment for NFL. Maybe the greatest moment but I'm biased. Tuck Rule is just hilarious because it looks even worse on instant replay and they overturned it.