PDA

View Full Version : Week one overreactions

Avante
09-11-2013, 04:01 AM
Pryor is going to be great.
Reggie Bush could lead the league in yards from scrimmage.
Kaepernick is the best QB in the NFL, even including Rodgers, Brady, etc.
The Bucs dont have a team full of all-pros like was advertised.
Geno Smith the next Joe Namath
The Steelers are toast.
Alex Smith the next Lenny Dawson.
The Eagles are going to run teams ragged.

Post your way too early proclamations here.

One prediction....we'll be seeing more defenders with cramps/something wrong vs the Eagles than any other team.

Raven
09-11-2013, 07:13 AM
the stealers ARE toast.

Blake
09-11-2013, 08:01 AM
70%

tlongII
09-11-2013, 09:09 AM
Yep, the Steelers are done.

Trill Clinton
09-11-2013, 09:52 AM
i dropped the steelers defense this morning and i'm about to drop big ben from my bench.

spurraider21
09-11-2013, 10:37 AM
Blake, do you like sports at all?

Blake
09-11-2013, 10:41 AM
Yes. Especially ping pong.

Holden_Caulfield
09-11-2013, 11:13 AM
jags will go winless? idk man its possible unless maybe we start ricki fucking stanzi yall :lol

Clipper Nation
09-11-2013, 12:24 PM
You posted the same shit last year:

Last season the New York Giants lost to the Redskins in week one. We all know where the Giants ended up and where the Skins ended up. The Buffalo Bills won 4 of their first 5. Where did they end up? Give things some fucking time, I can't believe some of you. To act like we learned anything from...one...game, you gotta be kidding me. Slow the fuck down. No RGIII isn't the next Warren Moon because he had...."A"..good game. No Andrew Luck doesn't suck because he had..."A"..bad game. Come on people, damn!!!!!!!

Who here really thinks that these week one losers...

Giants
Packers
Saints

Won't out perform these week one winners...

Cards
Vikings
Buc's

What about Russell Wilson? You have any idea how many Hall of Fame QB's played totally shitty their first game? The guy did great for a rookie, far better than a lot of great QB did as I mentioned. Will he progress....we don't know. What we do know from one game is that the Niners look good because they beat a power on the road. How good has yet to be seen. We know the Rams still suck as early on roadwarriors, the Lions couldn't give the game away. We know that Peyton Manning is amazing. We know that Eric Decker is going to have a break out year.

Moving on...

What are the chances of the Giants, Saints and Packers starting 0-2? Well it hasn't happened to any of them in the last 4 seasons. Giants and Packers losing back to back home games? Saints losing at Carolina?

It's a long season, a lot is going to happen, to try and get some real fix on anything this early, it can't be done. Remember the Giants lost 4 games in a row last season. The Packers only one. Who were the Champs?

Most surprising players for me in week one were RGIII and his running back, hell if I can remember his name. Cat runs hard!!!!!
End result: a 50% record instead of 70%, and Mason thrown under the bus :lol

Spursfan092120
09-11-2013, 12:50 PM
So one second the Eagles aren't ready..the next they're going to run teams ragged. Are you going to change your feelings on teams every week based on W's and L's or are you going to stick with your word?

Spur|n|Austin
09-11-2013, 02:47 PM
So one second the Eagles aren't ready..the next they're going to run teams ragged. Are you going to change your feelings on teams every week based on W's and L's or are you going to stick with your word?

spurraider21
09-11-2013, 03:33 PM
^I think that's why this is called the "overreactions" thread...

Avante
09-11-2013, 05:21 PM
the stealers ARE toast.

What are they looking at..6-10?

Avante
09-11-2013, 05:25 PM

Right now we don't have a real read on what to expect from any team, I might change my mine a few times as the season progresses. This is nothing new or unique, we all play it because it takes a few weeks to figure out the 2013 team.

Avante
09-11-2013, 05:26 PM

You nailed it bro!

Spursfan092120
09-11-2013, 06:24 PM
Right now we don't have a real read on what to expect from any team, I might change my mine a few times as the season progresses. This is nothing new or unique, we all play it because it takes a few weeks to figure out the 2013 team.
So then a prognosticator you're not....you don't change every damn week based on wins and losses...anyone can do that. You stick with your guns.

Spursfan092120
09-11-2013, 06:25 PM
I'm starting to think spurraider21 is an Avante troll...just so he'll have someone to talk to.

Avante
09-11-2013, 06:28 PM
So then a prognosticator you're not....you don't change every damn week based on wins and losses...anyone can do that. You stick with your guns.

A prognosticator is constantly adding new info to his aresenal. We don't know what to expect in week one, you're just guessing...obviously. As the weeks go by we start to see the 2013 personality. So you're about as wrong as it gets.

Avante
09-11-2013, 06:29 PM
I'm starting to think spurraider21 is an Avante troll...just so he'll have someone to talk to.

In case you haven't noticed I never have any problems there.

Clipper Nation
09-11-2013, 06:31 PM
A prognosticator is constantly adding new info to his aresenal. We don't know what to expect in week one, you're just guessing...obviously. As the weeks go by we start to see the 2013 personality. So you're about as wrong as it gets.
Your picks were as shitty in Week 17 as they were in Week 1 last year.... so shitty, you had to throw your son under the bus :lol

Avante
09-11-2013, 06:34 PM
Your picks were as shitty in Week 17 as they were in Week 1 last year.... so shitty, you had to throw your son under the bus :lol

Dude, why are you still stuck in last season? I'm using my plays here this season...ok? Why not see how things go...ok?

11-5 straight up
2-3 vs the spread

Week one...ok?

Spursfan092120
09-11-2013, 06:55 PM
But still not as wrong as when you said I couldn't find Earl on Google.

Spursfan092120
09-11-2013, 06:55 PM
In case you haven't noticed I never have any problems there.
Talking to you and calling you an arrogant jackass are two different things.

Avante
09-11-2013, 07:03 PM
But still not as wrong as when you said I couldn't find Earl on Google.

Actually you didn't find the one I was asking about, that was Jerry Tarr he 's the one who did absolutely nothing. Remember me saying....he sucked?

McCullouch (NOT MCCULLOUGH...ok) had a decent NFL career.

Avante
09-11-2013, 07:05 PM
Talking to you and calling you an arrogant jackass are two different things.

We have posters here who do nothing but follower others around bugging them why not talk to them instead of bugging me?

spurraider21
09-11-2013, 08:30 PM

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/fullSize/8/4/84693_ORIG-Super_cool_story_bro.jpg

mojorizen7
09-11-2013, 08:41 PM
Levi Brown sucks. Oh wait...sorry wrong thread.

Spursfan092120
09-11-2013, 08:58 PM
Actually you didn't find the one I was asking about, that was Jerry Tarr he 's the one who did absolutely nothing. Remember me saying....he sucked?

McCullouch (NOT MCCULLOUGH...ok) had a decent NFL career.
His rookie year was decent...after that he pretty much sucked. You're completely missing the whole point here...again, your arrogance is getting the best of you. You said I couldn't find ONE of the guys..and I did. You even ADMITTED that I did, and that it was a slip up on your part, and you wouldn't make the same mistake again...then you backed off it. Just man up and admit you were wrong...Google found what you said it couldn't find.

Avante
09-11-2013, 09:00 PM
His rookie year was decent...after that he pretty much sucked. You're completely missing the whole point here...again, your arrogance is getting the best of you. You said I couldn't find ONE of the guys..and I did. You even ADMITTED that I did, and that it was a slip up on your part, and you wouldn't make the same mistake again...then you backed off it. Just man up and admit you were wrong...Google found what you said it couldn't find.

Not used to get one right are you, damn guy calm down...wow~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You do know I don't Google...right. Which is what this was really all about. You also know I could ask questions impossible to find on Google ...right?

spurraider21
09-11-2013, 09:10 PM
i dont get how it was hard to miss tbh. its called OVERreactions for a reason. not sure how pointing out the obvious makes me an avante troll

Avante
09-11-2013, 09:15 PM
i dont get how it was hard to miss tbh. its called OVERreactions for a reason. not sure how pointing out the obvious makes me an avante troll

Bro I go a lot deeper into this stuff than where these guys can go and it pisses them off. That's all this is ever about. They need it real simple.

Spursfan092120
09-11-2013, 09:55 PM
Not used to get one right are you, damn guy calm down...wow~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You do know I don't Google...right. Which is what this was really all about. You also know I could ask questions impossible to find on Google ...right?
The fact that you repeatedly say this....is why no one except your troll likes you. No one cares if you can or can't come up with questions that can be found on google. Honestly...nobody does.

spurraider21
09-11-2013, 10:00 PM
The fact that you repeatedly say this....is why no one except your troll likes you. No one cares if you can or can't come up with questions that can be found on google. Honestly...nobody does.
yeah because our posting habits are so similar. faggot

Avante
09-11-2013, 10:06 PM

I'll work on getting everyone to like me, ok? Where do I start?

spurraider21
09-11-2013, 10:14 PM

:lmao i joined this forum a month before he did. bet you thought you were SO slick

TheCultOfPersonality
09-11-2013, 10:20 PM
The Packers have the worst secondary in the NFL.

Spursfan092120
09-11-2013, 10:37 PM
:lmao i joined this forum a month before he did. bet you thought you were SO slick
The fact that you continuously go on and on about this when I wasn't even serious is absolutely hilarious.

spurraider21
09-11-2013, 10:39 PM
The fact that you continuously go on and on about this when I wasn't even serious is absolutely hilarious.

mentioning it twice tells me you were being serious, now you're just playing it off as w/e. besides you've been going with that "tacker" shtick against leon black so i know ur all about those troll conspiracies

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-11-2013, 10:44 PM
Aside from the fact 90210 was kidding, this isn't Avante's first account, he posted under the name RaZon for awhile till he got buried under a mountain of semen for all the retarded shit he said. Then he came back under the name Avante hoping no one would realize it was him even though he said the same retarded shit.

Avante
09-11-2013, 10:50 PM
Aside from the fact 90210 was kidding, this isn't Avante's first account, he posted under the name RaZon for awhile till he got buried under a mountain of semen for all the retarded shit he said. Then he came back under the name Avante hoping no one would realize it was him even though he said the same retarded shit.

Why the lies little man?

Spursfan092120
09-11-2013, 11:32 PM
mentioning it twice tells me you were being serious, now you're just playing it off as w/e. besides you've been going with that "tacker" shtick against leon black so i know ur all about those troll conspiracies
First off, Leon Black is Tacker...it's known..it's fact. Second...I was trolling you by saying you were a troll. It was a joke, and you freaked the hell out. So I guess it was successful.

Spursfan092120
09-11-2013, 11:33 PM
:lmao Now it all makes sense.

spurraider21
09-11-2013, 11:40 PM
First off, Leon Black is Tacker...it's known..it's fact. Second...I was trolling you by saying you were a troll. It was a joke, and you freaked the hell out. So I guess it was successful.

k. you take this round, i guess

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
09-12-2013, 11:19 AM
Carolina may win the NFC South

Avante
09-12-2013, 12:08 PM
Carolina may win the NFC South

Based on what?

Raven
09-12-2013, 12:59 PM
What are they looking at..6-10?

imho in the 6-8 win range, i don't know their schedule though..

Avante
09-12-2013, 01:31 PM
imho in the 6-8 win range, i don't know their schedule though..

It's all about the schedule.