PDA

View Full Version : Sanchez out for the season

Avante
09-11-2013, 10:58 PM
Doctor found a tear.

He'll make some team a good back up, no doubt the Jets cut him loose when they can, why not save 8m?

I do have my doubts about Geno Smith.

Chinook
09-12-2013, 12:55 AM
Doctor found a tear.

He'll make some team a good back up, no doubt the Jets cut him loose when they can, why not save 8m?

They already guaranteed his salary when they extended him a couple of years ago. Plus, as a vested vet, his base salary was fully guaranteed the moment the team kicked off last Sunday.

Avante
09-12-2013, 03:51 AM
They already guaranteed his salary when they extended him a couple of years ago. Plus, as a vested vet, his base salary was fully guaranteed the moment the team kicked off last Sunday.

That could be, I 'm just going with what I read.

LkrFan
09-12-2013, 05:22 AM
Doctor found a tear.

Link?

Avante
09-12-2013, 05:51 AM
http://deadspin.com/report-mark-sanchez-likely-to-have-season-ending-surge-1298326187

LkrFan
09-13-2013, 07:07 AM
http://deadspin.com/report-mark-sanchez-likely-to-have-season-ending-surge-1298326187
Damn. I'd be PO'd if I were him tbh.

spurraider21
09-13-2013, 11:19 AM
the jets are a complete non factor and yet they're always making headlines. annoying as fuck tbh. curse the markets!

Avante
09-13-2013, 11:39 AM
the jets are a complete non factor and yet they're always making headlines. annoying as fuck tbh. curse the markets!

Look at Joe Namath, he has no business in the Hall of Fame. The Jets won SB III because of the running of Matt Snell (over 100 yards rushing) and their defense. Namath is on no list with the all time greats when it comes to stats and he threw a ton of INT's.

Right now Rex Ryan is a joke, they don't have a stud back/receiver, a no name defense and a QB only there because of injury to a QB on the the slide. A mess..but...New York.

vander
09-13-2013, 05:39 PM
hmm, I wonder if he would be an upgrade over Rivers. yeah, yeah I think he would

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-13-2013, 05:52 PM
Agreed. Of all the story lines/teams/whatever ESPN has ever over-covered and beaten with a dead horse, the Sanchez Ryan Jets have been by far the worst. Last season especially.

Sean Cagney
09-13-2013, 06:03 PM
Look at Joe Namath, he has no business in the Hall of Fame. The Jets won SB III because of the running of Matt Snell (over 100 yards rushing) and their defense. Namath is on no list with the all time greats when it comes to stats and he threw a ton of INT's.

Right now Rex Ryan is a joke, they don't have a stud back/receiver, a no name defense and a QB only there because of injury to a QB on the the slide. A mess..but...New York.
I agree on the Namath thing fully! I have said this a few times myself.

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-13-2013, 06:04 PM

:tu the guy had more career INTs than TDs but the "Broadway Joe" NY bullshit somehow revised history and made people think he was a legendary QB.

Sean Cagney
09-13-2013, 06:08 PM

I agree on the Namath thing fully! I have said this a few times myself. His numbers were horrible http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/N/NamaJo00.htm

He made the prediction but he has no reason to be in a football HOF.

Clipper Nation
09-13-2013, 08:11 PM

An actual good take from Avante! More of this and less of the bullshit, tbh....

Avante
09-13-2013, 08:21 PM
An actual good take from Avante! More of this and less of the bullshit, tbh....

Lynn Swnn is another one who doesn't belong in the HOF. Compare his numbers to non Hall of Famer Cliff Branch.

spurraider21
09-13-2013, 08:31 PM
Lynn Swnn is another one who doesn't belong in the HOF. Compare his numbers to non Hall of Famer Cliff Branch.

cliff branch doesn't have an amazing slow motion highlight in a superbowl though :rolleyes

Avante
09-13-2013, 08:45 PM
cliff branch doesn't have an amazing slow motion highlight in a superbowl though :rolleyes

That is the only reason Swann is there, Hell he wasn't even the best receiver on his team, John Stallworth was. Yes he belongs in the HOF.

Branchs stats are also superior to Bob Hayes another HOFer.

spurraider21
09-13-2013, 09:57 PM
Plus he is the epitome of an Al Davis receiver. Track speed, but unlike Al's other projects, he was able to translate it to being the premier deep threat in the NFL of his time

Avante
09-14-2013, 12:24 PM
Plus he is the epitome of an Al Davis receiver. Track speed, but unlike Al's other projects, he was able to translate it to being the premier deep threat in the NFL of his time

The roots to that Raider speed tree was a cat out of Cornell named Bo Roberson. He was the 1960 Olympic long jump silver medalist, he also had 9.4 yards speed. He just couldn't catch the ball. Art Powell out of San Jose State came next he wasn't a blazer but was the first great Raider receiver. After him another sprinter, this one out of Texas Southern...Warren Wells another 9.4 guy, he was amazing and the reason Lamonica was called "The Mad Bomber". A drug bust did him in.

Cliff Branch ran a 9.2 nine times while at Colorado and just missed making the 1972 Olympic team. Would beat Bob Hayes in a football 40 but Hayes was a little old by then.

spurraider21
09-14-2013, 12:48 PM
The roots to that Raider speed tree was a cat out of Cornell named Bo Roberson. He was the 1960 Olympic long jump silver medalist, he also had 9.4 yards speed. He just couldn't catch the ball. Art Powell out of San Jose State came next he wasn't a blazer but was the first great Raider receiver. After him another sprinter, this one out of Texas Southern...Warren Wells another 9.4 guy, he was amazing and the reason Lamonica was called "The Mad Bomber". A drug bust did him in.

Cliff Branch ran a 9.2 nine times while at Colorado and just missed making the 1972 Olympic team. Would beat Bob Hayes in a football 40 but Hayes was a little old by then.
I actually met Cliff Branch a couple of years back when I was up in Oakland for the Lions game. Nice guy

Avante
09-14-2013, 01:57 PM
I actually met Cliff Branch a couple of years back when I was up in Oakland for the Lions game. Nice guy

I didn't actually meet him but stood behind him at a track meet in Fresno, little guy.

spurraider21
09-14-2013, 02:06 PM
I didn't actually meet him but stood behind him at a track meet in Fresno, little guy.
Yeah I was shocked at how short he was. He was at a wingstop the night before the game :lol