PDA

View Full Version : Revelations

Avante
09-12-2013, 04:24 AM
I have a book with just that chapter...Revelation. Tomorrow night I'm going to start reading it, I'll be done with my James Lee Burke by then.I did take a peek to see what I was up against...I am the Alpha, I am the Omega...what??? Judy told me no way in hell I 'd be able to understand it without some study, when I told her...now ya know I 've read a 1000 sci fi books... she kicked me, then turned and walked away shaking her head. Why do people take this stuff that damn serious?

Ok lets just agree/admit the Bible is man made not unlike what Homer wrote. We'd also have to agree it really is the most important book ever written. And whoever did write it was a genius.

I think Hollywood should make the movie...Revelation. Obviously in 3-D.

As the movie starts............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNj2BXW852g&noredirect=1

The great Blind Willie Johnson (Clapton has called this the greatest example of slide gee-tar playing ever)

DMC
09-12-2013, 08:11 AM
Most new xtians read Revelations first because they want the drama. Read the rest of the book. You'll need to in order to understand Revelations.

The Bible isn't important at all. It serves no purpose. We meme the fuck out of it IRL but that doesn't make it important.

Avante
09-12-2013, 12:05 PM
Most new xtians read Revelations first because they want the drama. Read the rest of the book. You'll need to in order to understand Revelations.

The Bible isn't important at all. It serves no purpose. We meme the fuck out of it IRL but that doesn't make it important.

So why did you read it?

Viva Las Espuelas
09-12-2013, 01:04 PM
One of my favorite Iron Maiden tunes.

cantthinkofanything
09-12-2013, 01:07 PM
One of my favorite Iron Maiden tunes.

awesome. I hadn't thought about IM in a long time. Number of the Beast and Piece of Mind were great back to back albums.

ChumpDumper
09-12-2013, 01:07 PM
Not a good thread.

cantthinkofanything
09-12-2013, 01:10 PM
let me punch it up a bit...

Iron Maiden's Bruce Dickenson denies manufacturing drones for U.S. military

http://www.nme.com/news/iron-maiden/72622

Avante
09-12-2013, 01:11 PM
Dude, this thread isn't about that..ok? You want me to start playing that in your threads?

ChumpDumper
09-12-2013, 01:14 PM
Dude, this thread isn't about that..ok? You want me to start playing that in your threads?Now you're saying I have threads?

Make up your mind.

Buddy Mignon
09-12-2013, 01:21 PM
What a bunch of faggots.

Avante
09-12-2013, 01:24 PM
What a bunch of faggots.

Buddy come mere, right over here...WHACK~~~~~~~~~~~~ now pick your bonely little ass up and beat it. Punk ass kids...sheesh~~~~~~

ChumpDumper
09-12-2013, 01:25 PM
Do you really believe you are hitting people?

Avante
09-12-2013, 01:45 PM
Is this little freak for real?

ChumpDumper
09-12-2013, 01:49 PM
That's what I asked of you. You post that kind of stuff fairly often. I was just wondering if you think it has any effect at all.

Do you?

DMC
09-12-2013, 06:36 PM
So why did you read it?

Same reason I read Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. I wanted to see what it was about. Today there's so much tied to the Bible that it's important to understand the real point being made in the book instead of listening to someone's interpretation, however that doesn't make the book itself important. You cannot eat it, cannot wear it, cannot use it for shelter. It's a book. People all over the world have lived their entire lives without ever seeing it or hearing about it. They were no worse for it.

DMC
09-12-2013, 06:37 PM
let me punch it up a bit...

http://www.nme.com/news/iron-maiden/72622

We know though that Bruce Dickenson makes gold records.

Avante
09-13-2013, 12:55 AM
Same reason I read Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. I wanted to see what it was about. Today there's so much tied to the Bible that it's important to understand the real point being made in the book instead of listening to someone's interpretation, however that doesn't make the book itself important. You cannot eat it, cannot wear it, cannot use it for shelter. It's a book. People all over the world have lived their entire lives without ever seeing it or hearing about it. They were no worse for it.

You can't eat, wear, or use it for shelter when it comes to the Mona Lisa. That was a pretty stupid thing to say. What can you do with a diamond ring? How about the Declaration of Independance...what can we do with it?. It's just some paper with ink on it...???

You do know there are books worth millions....right?

DMC
09-13-2013, 01:44 AM
You can't eat, wear, or use it for shelter when it comes to the Mona Lisa. That was a pretty stupid thing to say. What can you do with a diamond ring? How about the Declaration of Independance...what can we do with it?. It's just some paper with ink on it...???

You do know there are books worth millions....right?

The Mona Lisa isn't important except that you can sell it for millions so you can use that money to get the important things. Why is a painting important? Why is art important? Self expression is cathartic for the expressionist, however for the viewer, it gets mixed reviews because people assign whatever value their disposition allows them to assign. That doesn't make art important, it makes catharsis important.

Do you know what the word "important" means?

Why is a book important? If you can get a million for it, then it's important if you need the money. That makes the money important, not the book. If the book was important, you wouldn't sell it for money.

Avante
09-13-2013, 01:52 AM
The Mona Lisa isn't important except that you can sell it for millions so you can use that money to get the important things. Why is a painting important? Why is art important? Self expression is cathartic for the expressionist, however for the viewer, it gets mixed reviews because people assign whatever value their disposition allows them to assign. That doesn't make art important, it makes catharsis important.

Do you know what the word "important" means?

Why is a book important? If you can get a million for it, then it's important if you need the money. That makes the money important, not the book. If the book was important, you wouldn't sell it for money.

You mother is on her death bed, she calls you over, motions for you to lean down so she can whisper...."in my drawer is a ring I want you to have it but don't tell your sisters"..then...she's gone. The ring it's self is worth maybe 100 bucks, but how important/valuable would it be to you? Come real ok not your usual internet bullshit.

Now think about the first book ever written by an x slave, is that an important book? How about a book written by a jew who spent time in a German concentration camp? How about a book written by one of the survivors of the Alamo?

Do you know what important is?

ChumpDumper
09-13-2013, 02:55 AM
Avante starts talking about other people's mothers.

Gauche.

DMC
09-13-2013, 11:48 AM
You mother is on her death bed, she calls you over, motions for you to lean down so she can whisper...."in my drawer is a ring I want you to have it but don't tell your sisters"..then...she's gone. The ring it's self is worth maybe 100 bucks, but how important/valuable would it be to you? Come real ok not your usual internet bullshit.

Now think about the first book ever written by an x slave, is that an important book? How about a book written by a jew who spent time in a German concentration camp? How about a book written by one of the survivors of the Alamo?

Do you know what important is?

Sentimental value in a ring doesn't mean all rings have the same importance. Likewise, a single bible might have sentimental value to you, but that doesn't mean the bible in general does.

If my mom's dying wish is that I have a 100 dollar ring, I've failed already to address what's important.

Avante
09-13-2013, 02:32 PM
Sentimental value in a ring doesn't mean all rings have the same importance. Likewise, a single bible might have sentimental value to you, but that doesn't mean the bible in general does.

If my mom's dying wish is that I have a 100 dollar ring, I've failed already to address what's important.

Dude, this has shit to do with a ring, ok? It's about your mom making an exception out of you. Something you'd be reminded of every time you saw the ring/or whatever it was.

If you can't see the importance of the Bible ( not talking bout a lone copy...obviously!!!!!!) why am I not surprised?

cantthinkofanything
09-13-2013, 02:35 PM
Dude, this has shit to do with a ring, ok? It's about your mom making an exception out of you. Something you'd be reminded of every time you saw the ring/or whatever it was.

If you can't see the importance of the Bible ( not talking bout a lone copy...obviously!!!!!!) why am I not surprised?

Was it a cock ring?

Avante
09-13-2013, 02:40 PM
Was it a cock ring?

Dude what's with you..."hi I'm 13 and own a computer, got it for Xmas"...bit?

DMC
09-13-2013, 02:44 PM

You are equivocating innate importance (related to a need, we all need air, food, water and shelter) with sentimental importance (related to YOUR emotional need). You say the Bible is an important book, then you make a false analogy to a sentimental ring as an important item. If the Bible is important to YOU, that's up to you. It's not universally important just as the 100 dollar ring given to you by your mother wouldn't be important to the guy who only offered you 100 dollars for it.

You should accept that prima facie.

cantthinkofanything
09-13-2013, 02:48 PM
Dude what's with you..."hi I'm 13 and own a computer, got it for Xmas"...bit?

I had no idea what a cock ring was at 13.

Avante
09-13-2013, 02:53 PM
I had no idea what a cock ring was at 13.

translation

I don't know why but once I get safely hidden away behind my computer screen I grow these huge nuts and start talking stupid.

2pac > Kobe
09-13-2013, 02:58 PM
:lmao

cantthinkofanything
09-13-2013, 03:08 PM
translation

I don't know why but once I get safely hidden away behind my computer screen I grow these huge nuts and start talking stupid.

whatever sicko. you're the one talking about childish love and cock rings for 13 year olds.

ChumpDumper
09-13-2013, 03:10 PM

If you can't see the importance of the Bible ( not talking bout a lone copy...obviously!!!!!!) why am I not surprised?You can't even read the bible.

Avante
09-13-2013, 06:58 PM
whatever sicko. you're the one talking about childish love and cock rings for 13 year olds.

Not too bright are ya Sluggo?