PDA

View Full Version : Customer service meltdown

mrsmaalox
09-12-2013, 01:06 PM
Poor guy, I feel his pain....(non-edited, possibly NSFW)

RVdNobKNMig

http://gawker.com/youve-never-heard-a-customer-service-call-meltdown-qui-1299857467?utm_campaign=socialflow_gawker_facebook&utm_source=gawker_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Spur|n|Austin
09-12-2013, 01:25 PM
If some people just learned how to talk to people with respect, regardless of all problems they've had to that point, they would be able to calmly ask for who or what they need and most likely eventually get it. This guy just sounds like an absolute maniac.

bigzak25
09-12-2013, 01:46 PM
that was funny maalox. :lol

DJR210
09-12-2013, 06:47 PM
LMFAO.

I hear stupid ass shit like this all day, every day as a supervisor in a major bank's mortgage call center. This idiot called today irate because she hasn't made a payment on her home in a year and half, and expected to see a pristine credit score when she pulled a copy today. Some fucking people I swear to God.

Because we deal with homeowners facing foreclosure, and their representatives who work on commision, almost every call we take is escalated and involves all sorts of threats from going to the media, government or regulatory agencies, or even harm to themselves, or bank associates. We are fucking trained on suicide call procedures for fucks sake.

Word of advice from someone very skilled in customer service procedures: If you need something done, stay respectful with the frontline agent, but be very clear on your intent to seek legal or media assistance. Any reputable company has procedures for whats called "trigger language" and will submit escalations to upper management to mitigate the risk of legal action that could be costly for the company.

Big Empty
09-12-2013, 07:01 PM
lmfao!!!

DMC
09-12-2013, 07:09 PM
Sounds like how we all want to talk when we enter our information then the jack wagon who answers wants it again. What a bunch of assholes. I feel this guys pain.

DJR210
09-12-2013, 07:16 PM
Sounds like how we all want to talk when we enter our information then the jack wagon who answers wants it again. What a bunch of assholes. I feel this guys pain.

I think the most painful thing about this call was the fact that the idiot who answered the call refused to listen to what the guy was saying and kept offering shit that the customer clearly said he didn't want. The stupid fuck should have offered to try the number for him, and bring him on the line in the event he was able to get through. Also, how fucking long are you gonna argue about the need for hold? If a customer won't hold, then use your mute button on a silent hold. This fool needs a shit load of coaching tbh.

xellos88330
09-13-2013, 12:52 AM
How can you be following the instructions from "Michelle" to get through for 3 hours and 45 minutes when you only received the instructional voicemail 20 minutes ago? Dude was a dick and probably procrastinated until the last minute to get things done and is pissed off because it is proving more difficult than originally thought. I think what happened was that he called 3 hours and 45 minutes ago to fix his issue, then waited until he got the voicemail telling him what to do next. He probably didn't like having to wait so long for the voicemail. In any case, the dude was definitely a douche.

I am never rude to people who are there to provide a service for me. It makes the job more difficult for the other person. I could never work at a call center when people are yelling at me for something that is obviously not my fault. Much respect to those of you that do work in places like that. I don't have the patience to deal with those kinds of people.

GoodOdor
09-13-2013, 01:40 AM
I try to be polite because I know it's not the fault of the minimum wage peon that I'm talking to, but goddamn sometimes it's so hard.....

DJR210
09-13-2013, 01:51 AM
I try to be polite because I know it's not the fault of the minimum wage peon that I'm talking to, but goddamn sometimes it's so hard.....

American call centers typically pay much more than minimum wage, the companies that pay shit wages send
their business overseas.

I try to stay patient with the Indians and Phillipinos, for the most part they do ok. Cricket Communications was the only company that I simply refused to call due to shit employees.

Biernutz
09-13-2013, 01:42 PM
Some days I wish I could talk to someone in India. They are usually polite and not sarcastic.
They don't put you on hold for 45 min and then disconnect you.

Spur|n|Austin
09-13-2013, 02:43 PM
Some days I wish I could talk to someone in India. They are usually polite and not sarcastic.
They don't put you on hold for 45 min and then disconnect you.

They do lie to you straight from the get go though..

"Hi my name is Eric, and I'll be assisting you today."

Biernutz
09-13-2013, 03:00 PM
Yes in India the use screen names to make it you feel more comfortable for you.
One of the problems with U.S. customer service is the churn of people. They move
from call center to call center looking for that extra 5 or 10 cents per hour. The poor
training and of course CSR's who just don't have the attitude for customer service.
You just can't blame all of this on call centers because many people who call in are just
assholes.

DJR210
09-13-2013, 03:19 PM
They do lie to you straight from the get go though..

"Hi my name is Eric, and I'll be assisting you today."

Lmao. I always laugh at that too.

spurs_fan_in_exile
09-13-2013, 03:33 PM
Actually it's more like, "HimynameisEricandIwillbeassistingyoutoday." I've employed a few international students who had call center experience and with every last one of them the biggest thing I had to train them on was slowing the hell down so that they could be understood.

resistanze
09-13-2013, 03:38 PM
In my experience with Samsung, I thought the customer service centre was located in Mexico tbh. Shit, in 4 phones calls I spoke with Juan, Jose, Manuel and Catalina. :lol

I figured by Ariella it was in L.A. just based on how she talked. Sure enough, my replacement part was shipped from Samsung in Compton.

DMC
09-13-2013, 03:56 PM
It's like when the BATF office was located in a ghetto town. You'd call to check on a form 4 and they'd say, while eating chicken and licking their fingers and 6" nails "oh it's right here-a I was just abouts to enter it" 6 weeks past the date they were supposed to have it done. After they moved to a better area, the wait time was cut in half and I could actually understand the person on the other end.

Spur|n|Austin
09-13-2013, 04:12 PM
Actually it's more like, "HimynameisEricandIwillbeassistingyoutoday." I've employed a few international students who had call center experience and with every last one of them the biggest thing I had to train them on was slowing the hell down so that they could be understood.

:lol it's so fast!