PDA

View Full Version : NBA International League Pass

chapnis
09-13-2013, 07:44 AM
Anyone use it? It's a big investment but I'm considering it. I'm tired of crappy internet streams but watch to watch the NBA live in good quality next season.

Any other alternatives out there that anyone knows of?

jyra
09-13-2013, 08:05 AM
The quality has come a long way the last couple of years, the resolution is high and I never had any problems with laggy streams. It usually takes a couples of hours until the games are archived. You also don't have any blacked out games (at least that's how it is in Germany, could different elsewhere by any chance). So if you are willing to spend I would definitely recommend getting it. The only alternative I'm aware of are illiegal downloads.

alamo50
09-13-2013, 08:31 AM
Go for it.
Well worth the money.
Still deciding between normal or premium myself for the upcoming season.
I think the choice for home or away broadcasting will take me to premium.

diego
09-13-2013, 08:41 AM
I've used it the past couple years and it works well mostly. We split the bill with a couple friends and get together to watch games at each others houses, that way its not that expensive.

monkeypunk
09-13-2013, 09:51 AM
So ILP Premium lists NBA TV Live Subscription? Is that just old games and interviews?

Captivus
09-13-2013, 09:59 AM
Like many say, its worth it.
I use in Argentina, with no problems. Quality is great, even on a tablet with wifi.
And I will also probably get the premium to have home announcers.
Im gonna wait to see if one of discounts comes up, but im getting NBA League Pass.

Fireball
09-13-2013, 10:12 AM
I subscribed it this morning and took the Premium version mainly because it FINALLY offers the choice between the home and away announcers. No more Clyde Drexler, Tommy Heinsohn, etc. ... Spurs homerism for the whole season!

jiggy_55
09-13-2013, 10:38 AM
Highly recommended if you have a reliable and fast internet connection. Great quality and good value for money. Use the promo codes for a 10% or 15% discount depending on which package you choose.

"Enter code NBALP152013 to save 15% on NBA LEAGUE PASS Premium, or code NBALP102013 to save 10% on NBA LEAGUE PASS."

diego
09-13-2013, 11:19 AM
yeah, ive even watched games on my phone in a pinch, the resolution automatically scales to the connection so it is mostly smooth regardless of whether you are watching on your cell phones data plan or proper broadband. At home with proper broadband the HD broadcast is superior to the HD espn signal I get from my local cable.

MI21
09-13-2013, 12:23 PM
Absolute must have.

The new premium feature looks nice. If you are tech-savvy enough, you can log in through a proxy in India and pay a lot less for it. Google will explain that.

monkeypunk
09-13-2013, 12:27 PM
Absolute must have.

The new premium feature looks nice. If you are tech-savvy enough, you can log in through a proxy in India and pay a lot less for it. Google will explain that.

Thanks for the tip on India. I use a UK proxy and the premium is around $270...

pookenstein
09-13-2013, 12:49 PM
I subscribed it this morning and took the Premium version mainly because it FINALLY offers the choice between the home and away announcers. No more Clyde Drexler, Tommy Heinsohn, etc. ... Spurs homerism for the whole season!

Exactly my thoughts. ILP premium it is for me too.

diego
09-13-2013, 02:06 PM
in any case, they usually have a free trial at the start of the season and some points in between if you want to try it first (not sure if the coupons will still work by then). Also, you can get a playoff only package too.

hsxvvd
09-13-2013, 07:25 PM
Just signed up. Premium. After using a mates account during the playoffs last year, I couldn't believe I didn't have it!

Was useless 5 years ago and it took forever to get a refund, but it was excellent last year.

chapnis
09-14-2013, 02:22 AM
Sounds like if you have half decent internet speeds then its a huge upgrade over illegal streams.

I'm assuming it's not possible to have multiple people logged on at once and then just split the cost between a few friends.

siraulo23
09-14-2013, 02:44 AM
Its beeen worth for a couple of years now

And this year if u get the premium you can choose home and away broadcast, its also a bit cheaper, around 28 a month aud, i usually get ilp around feb but i might get it earlier for next season

Slippy
09-14-2013, 05:18 AM
Had if for 3 years now, it been mostly very good. Can't go with-out it really. Quality as others attest is very good if you have a good enough connection. (3mbps if you want the best last time i used it). My only complaint, there is atleast 2 games a season where it's down from their end and when you want contact it's email only so very slow response. They usually sort it out by the next day.

Waps1980
09-14-2013, 07:15 AM
Its hasn't missed a beat for me the last 2 seasons and I've had it for 3 years, and the first had a few minor issues.
If you miss the start if a game you can still watch it even if its halfway through, by loading it and dragging the time bar back to the start while holding your hand over the screen to make sure I don't catch a glimpse of the score. Its not an ideal way but seems to work.

Macca76
09-15-2013, 07:20 AM
Its hasn't missed a beat for me the last 2 seasons and I've had it for 3 years, and the first had a few minor issues.
If you miss the start if a game you can still watch it even if its halfway through, by loading it and dragging the time bar back to the start while holding your hand over the screen to make sure I don't catch a glimpse of the score. Its not an ideal way but seems to work.

Yes very important point.
For information you deactivate the scores display so when you catch a game at half or even at the end you can really watch it in live conditions. You can come back at the beginning of the game and one button allows you to advance 10s and another 1 min. You can also go at the beginning of the quarters and also move during the quarter.
Personally it allows me to watch only the sport action and skip timeouts, half etc... and to "shorten" the games and not screw half my night sleep but only one and a half hour :-) (I live in France).

I will sign up this year for the third time

jiggy_55
09-15-2013, 12:07 PM

You serious? There is a hide scores option which doesn't show you any scores.. plus if you go full screen the scores are hidden unless you move your mouse

Ice009
09-16-2013, 12:17 AM
You serious? There is a hide scores option which doesn't show you any scores.. plus if you go full screen the scores are hidden unless you move your mouse

He's talking about not seeing the game score on the TV feed of a live game. He's not talking about the player used to view the game. Like you said, there is a hide scores button for that. A lot of the time, international viewers like us, can't watch the game live from the start, so sometimes, the game could be over half way through and we have to press the button for it to go back to the start of the game to avoid seeing the score. You can easily catch a glimpse of the score on the TV feed if you don't cover the screen, it kind of ruins the game if you wanted to watch it from the start.

btw, I have a suggestion for all you guys that have NBA International League Pass, write in to their support and ask them to put an option in the player's configuration settings to watch a live game from the beginning (rather than whatever point the game is in live). I just got the NFL GamePass a few weeks ago and they have the option in the player to either watch the game live or from the beginning. Not sure if they had it there last season though, or if it's a new feature in the player for this season, I only just noticed the option to watch a live game from the beginning a few days ago. The same company that does the NFL GamePass also does the NBA League Pass, so it shouldn't be too hard for them to implement that feature. I sent them an email yesterday asking if they could incorporate that feature into the NBA player if they don't already have it. If they don't have that feature and more of you guys write in asking about it, then it is more likely that they will do it, so please write in and ask about it.

Waps1980
09-16-2013, 05:18 AM
What are you on about dude, yeah you can hide the score from all the games as part of LP but you can't hide the score on the actual game which is built into the recording and you can't stop the commentators from saying the score in that split second before you wind it back to the start. Like when you watch any game there is an active scoreboard.

jiggy_55
09-16-2013, 08:55 AM
What are you on about dude, yeah you can hide the score from all the games as part of LP but you can't hide the score on the actual game which is built into the recording and you can't stop the commentators from saying the score in that split second before you wind it back to the start. Like when you watch any game there is an active scoreboard.

Misunderstood you.

jiggy_55
09-16-2013, 08:57 AM
He's talking about not seeing the game score on the TV feed of a live game. He's not talking about the player used to view the game. Like you said, there is a hide scores button for that. A lot of the time, international viewers like us, can't watch the game live from the start, so sometimes, the game could be over half way through and we have to press the button for it to go back to the start of the game to avoid seeing the score. You can easily catch a glimpse of the score on the TV feed if you don't cover the screen, it kind of ruins the game if you wanted to watch it from the start.

btw, I have a suggestion for all you guys that have NBA International League Pass, write in to their support and ask them to put an option in the player's configuration settings to watch a live game from the beginning (rather than whatever point the game is in live). I just got the NFL GamePass a few weeks ago and they have the option in the player to either watch the game live or from the beginning. Not sure if they had it there last season though, or if it's a new feature in the player for this season, I only just noticed the option to watch a live game from the beginning a few days ago. The same company that does the NFL GamePass also does the NBA League Pass, so it shouldn't be too hard for them to implement that feature. I sent them an email yesterday asking if they could incorporate that feature into the NBA player if they don't already have it. If they don't have that feature and more of you guys write in asking about it, then it is more likely that they will do it, so please write in and ask about it.

Understood now. I am an international viewer as well, but since I have to wake up in the morning to watch any games, when I decide to wake up for any match I just simply watch it all. It's a good idea to try what you guys are doing, would save me lots of sleep time!

ace3g
09-19-2013, 11:53 AM
OT but

Mike Trudell @LakersReporter
(http://twitter.com/LakersReporter)Great news for @NBA (http://twitter.com/NBA) league pass addicts: for the first time, you can choose to watch either the home or road broadcast for every game.

xmas1997
09-19-2013, 12:09 PM
OT but

Mike Trudell @LakersReporter
(http://twitter.com/LakersReporter)Great news for @NBA (http://twitter.com/NBA) league pass addicts: for the first time, you can choose to watch either the home or road broadcast for every game.

That is fantastic news!!!
I would much rather listen to Sean than almost anyone because his humor is infectious!

Ice009
09-19-2013, 05:16 PM
I think it says for regular season games only though.