PDA

View Full Version : NBA: If You Were To Build a Championship Contender, Who Would You Choose?

ezau
09-13-2013, 11:19 AM
Say you're an NBA GM and your team has the top draft pick, who would you choose?

Katherine Robinson
09-13-2013, 11:37 AM
Bigs have more impact than guards, many would rather build around Shaq than Jordan.

Michael Jordan.
09-13-2013, 11:46 AM
Say you're an NBA GM and your team has the top draft pick, who would you choose?
Shaq of course, every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Shaq managed to drag that deadweight to Four finals appearances and three championships. See, with Shaq, you can take an average guard like Kobe and win rings. With Kobe, you can't pair him with anyone average. You have to have a great big man, or two, and that STILL might not make them contenders.

DMC
09-13-2013, 11:56 AM
Kobe can still sell tickets. Shaq's been retired for years.

Banzai
09-13-2013, 12:22 PM
very good question....tbh I haven't given m,uch thought about the question...what is going on?

Leetonidas
09-13-2013, 02:00 PM
very good question....tbh I haven't given m,uch thought about the question...what is going on?

wtf is going on in your sig :lol

ambchang
09-13-2013, 02:04 PM
This is like asking Rogue whether he would prefer to date ScarJo or some random girl at a local grocery store.

One is a once in a life-timer, the other is a dime a dozen.

The more appropriate question is whether you want to build with D12 or KB24.

Banzai
09-13-2013, 02:56 PM
wtf is going on in your sig :lol

they are being touched by the big fella http://gifs.gifbin.com/1233314731_e17c864bd6e0c3.gif
http://gifs.gifbin.com/1238673916_jesus-loves-you.gif

Rogue
09-13-2013, 09:19 PM
Kobe can still sell tickets. Shaq's been retired for years.
OP meant the prime versions of them, I think, and I know you know that. You were just trying to be humorous like you usually do.

Prime shaq would be my choice over prime Kobe anyday because players like Shaq only come once or twice in a generation imho. Prime Kobe was a brilliant player as well, but we all know the ceiling of his team when he was the only superstar on his team. He probably sells more tickets than Shaq, and most kids would rather imitate Kobe's game in the park or school yard rather than Shaq's. But Shaq dominated an era at his position, which Kobe never managed to do

RsxPiimp
09-13-2013, 09:24 PM
i'd say kobe. he can bring you championships, he can sell tickets and get you ratings. he's articulate, good looking and has most importantly a tremendous work ethic and dedication to the game. minus the Colorado incident, he'd be the perfect athlete.

Clipper Nation
09-13-2013, 09:51 PM
i'd say kobe. he can bring you championships, he can sell tickets and get you ratings. he's articulate, good looking and has most importantly a tremendous work ethic and dedication to the game. minus the Colorado incident, he'd be the perfect athlete.
Completely retarded take on all levels, not even a very convincing troll job :lol

RsxPiimp
09-13-2013, 10:19 PM
man people cant have opinions on this board?

DMC
09-14-2013, 01:42 AM
In their primes it's no contest. Shaq would be the centerpiece of any team. The same is true for prime Duncan over prime Kobe. You don't just need a scorer, you need a defensive anchor who can dominate at both ends. That's prime Shaq and that's prime Tim. Kobe is a guard, he dribbles and breaks down the defense and scores or takes a huge number of shots. If he's shooting 50%, your team is shooting 50% or not much better. The problem is that he stagnates the offense and makes the defense slow to respond because they aren't involved at the other end. Shaq wasn't a great defender but his presence in the paint stopped a lot of tear drops and small PG layups. On the other end, just get him the ball and he's going to score. He could have averaged 50 a game if Kobe would have ever passed the ball. Kobe is an overrated player. Prime TMac would win rings with prime Shaq quite easily if they had the same crew.

It's all about the bigs. It always was and always will be. Sure these are times where there are no real dominant bigs and Howard is the closest thing to it, but they will come again. Someone built like Shaq will come into the league again and even with rule changes he will dominate.

LkrFan
09-14-2013, 02:00 AM

Depends. Are we playing 45 minute quarters?

Buddy Mignon
09-14-2013, 08:22 AM
Only a fool would choose Shaq. Kobe accomplished just as much with Pau as he did Shaq. What has Shaq done before and after Kobe. Its easy to find a big man to make layups and dunks. The Kobe types are hard to find.

Michael Jordan.
09-14-2013, 11:08 AM
Only a fool would choose Shaq. Kobe accomplished just as much with Pau as he did Shaq. What has Shaq done before and after Kobe. Its easy to find a big man to make layups and dunks. The Kobe types are hard to find.

Before: Went to the finals

After: Went to the finals

DMC
09-14-2013, 11:17 AM

So then by your own admission, one could choose Pau or Shaq. Kobe was irrelevant. Shaq won 3 in a row. Pau won 2 in a row. Do you think 1 more championship is "just as much"? If so, why all the 5>4 talk?

Make up your mind, haji

DMC
09-14-2013, 11:19 AM
Depends. Are we playing 45 minute quarters?

Who plays 45 minute quarters?

Arnold Toht
09-14-2013, 03:47 PM

It's politically correct to believe any positive result should be credited to Shaq and Gasol and any negative result should be credited to Kobe.

Clipper Nation
09-14-2013, 03:50 PM
Opinions are fine, yours was just retarded....

LkrFan
09-14-2013, 05:24 PM
Who plays 45 minute quarters?
Shaq. We know he avoided the rock like D12 avoids condom usage in the last 2-3 minutes of a game. (mumbling) "I make 'em when it counts" :lol

Juggity
09-14-2013, 06:18 PM
Shaq. We know he avoided the rock like D12 avoids condom usage in the last 2-3 minutes of a game. (mumbling) "I make 'em when it counts" :lol

45 minute quarters = 180 minute games

I think the original question is still valid: who plays 45 minute quarters?

StrengthAndHonor
09-14-2013, 07:50 PM
Opinions are fine, yours was just retarded....

Obviously Kobe.isn't well liked here but everything he.said.is.true minus the.perfect athlete part.

Clipper Nation
09-14-2013, 08:56 PM
Obviously Kobe.isn't well liked here but everything he.said.is.true minus the.perfect athlete part.
-Kirby doesn't "bring championships," he just rides his bigs' coat-tails
-Selling tickets and commanding high ratings doesn't make you a championship contender in and of itself
-Calling him "good looking" has nothing to do with whether he makes you a championship contender and just exposes RsxPiimp as a faggot with a mancrush on Kirby

LkrFan
09-14-2013, 10:49 PM
45 minute quarters = 180 minute games

I think the original question is still valid: who plays 45 minute quarters?
Shaq is the "Most Dormant Ever" in the last 2-3 minutes of games. These are things we know. Let us proceed...

DMC
09-15-2013, 01:22 AM
Shaq is the "Most Dormant Ever" in the last 2-3 minutes of games. These are things we know. Let us proceed...

That makes no sense. How do 45 minute quarters have anything at all to do with a dormant center? Did you intend to say 4-5 minute quarters?

Blithering idiot Lakers fans.

LkrFan
09-15-2013, 03:29 AM
That makes no sense. How do 45 minute quarters have anything at all to do with a dormant center? Did you intend to say 4-5 minute quarters?

Blithering idiot Lakers fans.
No comprende da Eglesia? Read what I said again. He's neutered during crunch time - hence my insinuation that he's only good for the 1st 45 minutes of games. ;)

RsxPiimp
09-15-2013, 07:54 AM
-Kirby doesn't "bring championships," he just rides his bigs' coat-tails
-Selling tickets and commanding high ratings doesn't make you a championship contender in and of itself
-Calling him "good looking" has nothing to do with whether he makes you a championship contender and just exposes RsxPiimp as a faggot with a mancrush on Kirby

meltdown :lmao
:lmao:lmao:lmao

DMC
09-15-2013, 10:55 AM
No comprende da Eglesia? Read what I said again. He's neutered during crunch time - hence my insinuation that he's only good for the 1st 45 minutes of games. ;)

You said 45 minute quarters.

Just correct your mistake and move on. Stop trying to be right and wrong and the same time. :downspin:that shit

ezau
09-15-2013, 11:14 AM
Bigs have more impact than guards, many would rather build around Shaq than Jordan.

Laker fan deflecting:lol

ezau
09-15-2013, 11:15 AM

T-Mac or Vince Carter with prime Shaq would have accomplished as much or even more than the Shaq-Kobe tandem, tbh.

LkrFan
09-15-2013, 02:24 PM
You said 45 minute quarters.

Just correct your mistake and move on. Stop trying to be right and wrong and the same time. :downspin:that shit
Well, you knew what I meant. :p:

Katherine Robinson
09-15-2013, 04:24 PM
Laker fan deflecting:lol

Wrong on two accounts, I simply give unbiased input.

boga
09-16-2013, 10:49 AM
shaq all day long.

spurraider21
09-16-2013, 04:04 PM
meltdown :lmao
:lmao:lmao:lmao

:lol when lakerfan has no answer he either claims victory by saying ":lol meltdown" or ":lol baited." moronic

Joseph Kony
09-16-2013, 06:08 PM
:lol when lakerfan has no answer he either claims victory by saying ":lol meltdown" or ":lol baited." moronic

it's gotten pretty sad. not even funny sad, it's like watching a handicapped person fall out of their wheelchair and desperately try to get themselves back into it

DMC
09-17-2013, 07:54 PM
it's gotten pretty sad. not even funny sad, it's like watching a handicapped person fall out of their wheelchair and desperately try to get themselves back into it

That's actually pretty funny.