PDA

View Full Version : Mother, baby die in leap from high-rise

bigzak25
07-22-2005, 08:47 AM
link (http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2005/07/22/mother_baby_die_in_leap_from_high_rise/)

:(

A 28-year-old mother grabbed her 9-month-old daughter late yesterday afternoon and jumped from a window of their 24th-floor apartment in a downtown Boston luxury high-rise, police said. Both the woman and her child were killed.

The woman climbed onto a ledge and leaped out the window just as her husband opened the door of their apartment at about 5 p.m., police said.

The woman left two suicide notes, one on the living room table in the apartment and the other on her body, in which she asked for forgiveness, said a law enforcement source with knowledge of the investigation. It was not clear last night why the woman jumped.

The woman and baby landed on a ledge at the seventh floor of the 42-story Devonshire apartment building on Washington Street, where authorities found them on their backs, police and witnesses said. The girl, witnesses said, was wearing a peach dress.

Paramedics took the husband, 31, on a stretcher to Massachusetts General Hospital. Police said he had no physical injuries and is believed to be in his late 20s or early 30s. The source said the woman's in-laws had been staying in the apartment, but had moved to a hotel yesterday. The names of the victims are being withheld pending family notification.

Police were interviewing residents of the 24th floor and other potential witnesses.

A few minutes later, a crowd of more than 100 people had gathered near the building, several saying they heard the thud of the two landing on the ledge.

''It was awful, absolutely awful," said Joe Deleskey, 31, of Peabody, a construction worker who heard screaming as they plunged to their deaths.

Police said 911 was flooded with calls from people inside and outside the building as they witnessed the horror.

A co-worker of Deleskey, Valter Almeida, 29, also of Peabody, said he worried about having nightmares after hearing the screams. ''I'm still shaking," he said.

The deaths stunned the building's residents.

Bill O'Neil, 42, arrived in his apartment on the 16th floor and saw the mother and child on the ledge below. Authorities had covered the mother with a sheet and put a pillowcase over the baby, he said. ''It's tragic," O'Neil said.

Vivienne Yui, 31, was in the shower when she heard a loud thump. She turned off the water and heard a man yelling, ''Help, help."

''The yelling sounded so close by," said Yui, who lives with her husband on the 21st floor. ''I knew something bad had happened."

Sylvie Colucci, 47, said she was watching television in the living room of a 19th-floor apartment when she saw a dark shape go past the window.

''It was going so fast," she said. ''We didn't know what it was. We thought it was a big bird or something."

Colucci said the apartments on the upper levels of the building are rented by the month or week for tourists. She and others said it was the second time someone had jumped from the building in the past few years.

Another resident of the building, Harry Hanson Jr., 68, said a man with cancer jumped from the 20th floor a few years ago.

''It was a horrible thing, just like this," he said, adding that the building's windows are separated into panels, with one large pane in the middle and two narrow panes on the side, which can be moved.

''It's been real hard on everyone who lives here. If only we could stop it from happening again," he said.

Pete Wong, 24, lives in the building and briefly lived on the same floor as the family.

''They were a normal family," he said.

The building is owned by Devonshire Associates and Boylston Partners.

A man who answered the phone at the company's offices yesterday said the building management did not wish to comment, but said, ''Obviously, we are very sorry."

midgetonadonkey
07-22-2005, 08:52 AM
If they bitch wants to kill herself, fine. But why take the baby? I hope she ready for an eternity of torture.

God damn bigzak you have the best sig on these forums. God bless Natalie Portman's ass.

Samurai Jane
07-22-2005, 08:52 AM
Absolutely tragic.. :(

Summers
07-22-2005, 08:54 AM
:( Why would she take the baby with her?

1Parker1
07-22-2005, 09:00 AM
:( Why would she take the baby with her?

Exactly.....it's not like she was a single mother. The baby still had a dad and even grandparents were mentioned, the baby could have been taken care of by them.

sa_butta
07-22-2005, 09:03 AM
Stupid bitch.

Jimcs50
07-22-2005, 09:08 AM
I bet the husband pushed her off. Why would she be screaming?

MaNuMaNiAc
07-22-2005, 09:13 AM
I bet the husband pushed her off. Why would she be screaming?
Maybe the sight of the floor scared her a bit, don't you think?

sa_butta
07-22-2005, 09:17 AM
I bet the husband pushed her off. Why would she be screaming?They found them on their backs, Im guessing they fipped in air.

midgetonadonkey
07-22-2005, 09:21 AM
Maybe she suffered from post-partum depression. I guess we won't know until all the details are out.

Clandestino
07-22-2005, 09:46 AM
another possibilty is the husband was abusive and she didn't want the baby to have to be raised by him..

Jimcs50
07-22-2005, 09:47 AM
Maybe the sight of the floor scared her a bit, don't you think?

Suicide jumpers do not make any noise when they jump most of the time, much less have a blood curdling scream.

I think her killed them.

Clandestino
07-22-2005, 09:49 AM
^^reminds me of that poem about the tree in the woods

1Parker1
07-22-2005, 09:50 AM
Maybe she suffered from post-partum depression. I guess we won't know until all the details are out.

Yea, tell that to Tom Cruise and his dumbass scientology crap. :rolleyes

1Parker1
07-22-2005, 09:51 AM
Suicide jumpers do not make any noise when they jump most of the time, much less have a blood curdling scream.

I think her killed them.

Where in the article does it say Blood Cluring Scream? :rolleyes

It was probably suicide...suiciders can scream. When your jumping from a 24th floor building holding a baby in your arms, and you flip over or whatever, it's human instinct to scream...........

King
07-22-2005, 09:51 AM
Well, getting a suicide note on her probably wouldn't have been easy if he pushed her.

Trainwreck2100
07-22-2005, 09:52 AM
I agree, It may have been post partum

1Parker1
07-22-2005, 09:52 AM
Well, getting a suicide note on her probably wouldn't have been easy if he pushed her.

Oh yea, and there is that..............she had a suicide note Jim!!

Although, I'm curious, why did she have 2? The article said one was in the apartment on the table and another on her....that seems a little weird...

midgetonadonkey
07-22-2005, 10:11 AM

I think her killed them.

Couldn't it have been the baby that was screaming?

MannyIsGod
07-22-2005, 10:16 AM
Or the husband?

I think its odd people questioning why she killed the baby as if someone who commits suicide in the first place is in a proper frame of mind.

It's tragic all around. Hopefully she found the peace she was looking for.

Clandestino
07-22-2005, 10:17 AM
maybe she was going to jump anyway, she had her note in her pocket..then her husband saw her in the window and the he figured, "she better jump, if not, i'll help." then he pushed her and wrote a suicide note of his own! BRILLIANT! i've been watching too much CSI!

Shelly
07-22-2005, 10:17 AM
Awful! But I'm thinking Post-Partum also.

Clandestino
07-22-2005, 10:18 AM
Or the husband?

I think its odd people questioning why she killed the baby as if someone who commits suicide in the first place is in a proper frame of mind.

It's tragic all around. Hopefully she found the peace she was looking for.

There will be no peace in Hell! She will be with Satan and Saddam!

bigzak25
07-22-2005, 10:26 AM
i'm thinking crazy bitch syndrome.

how do you take a baby down like that? how do you do it? simply incomprehensible. :(

Shelly
07-22-2005, 10:28 AM
Zak, with my first, I had post-partum depression. Nothing that severe nor did I ever think of harming my baby. Not that I'm excusing what she did at all, but it's very powerful.

midgetonadonkey
07-22-2005, 10:29 AM
There will be no peace in Hell! She will be with Satan and Saddam!

Saddam isn't there yet, but she can hang out with JFK, Chris Farley and every musician that has died in the past 40 years.

MannyIsGod
07-22-2005, 10:32 AM
Satan is a big pussy. Doesn't anyone watch South Park?

bigzak25
07-22-2005, 10:34 AM
well Shell, it's just something i can never understand. not to this extent anyway.

Spurminator
07-22-2005, 10:34 AM

http://www.norelevance.com/bock/images/south_park_satan.gif

Now, what made you go and say that? That wasn't very nice...

Shelly
07-22-2005, 10:39 AM
well Shell, it's just something i can never understand. not to this extent anyway.

It is hard to understand. I can't explain it and I didn't get it at all with my 2nd one.

MannyIsGod
07-22-2005, 10:43 AM
Well, emotions are controlled by homomones and chemicals. You fuck with those, you get fucked up emotions. People don't make good decisions when they're feeling that fucked up.

Clandestino
07-22-2005, 11:03 AM

that is why i said saddam would be there with him

Tom Cruise
07-22-2005, 11:09 AM
Post-Partum Depression is fucking BULLSHIT! A little vitamins and exercise is you needed Shelly!
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/1462/tomcruiseprincipal0fc.jpg

GrandeDavid
07-22-2005, 11:42 AM
That murderous c-nt! Killing an innocent child like that!

SpursWoman
07-22-2005, 11:51 AM
:(

cmc$purs
07-22-2005, 12:02 PM
:depressed :depressed

Shelly
07-22-2005, 12:34 PM
Post-Partum Depression is fucking BULLSHIT! A little vitamins and exercise is you needed Shelly!
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/1462/tomcruiseprincipal0fc.jpg

Yeah, I've had 12-1/2 years of it. Go try and convert someone else. :lol

1Parker1
07-22-2005, 12:38 PM
God, I hate Tom Cruise now....I used to love the guy!

Shelly
07-22-2005, 12:59 PM
God, I hate Tom Cruise now....I used to love the guy!

Seriously! I'm boycotting him like Manny does Wal-Mart!

1Parker1
07-22-2005, 01:34 PM
Seriously! I'm boycotting him like Manny does Wal-Mart!

me too!! I wanted to see War of the Worlds...but after that whole Matt Lauer thing, I'm like F him!

1Parker1
07-22-2005, 01:35 PM
Did you hear what he said about post partum depression? He says that women should just exericise, eat healthy, take vitamins and that'll cure it.

....As if they jackass has any firsthand experience on the subject matter :rolleyes

tlongII
07-22-2005, 03:24 PM
Well, emotions are controlled by homomones and chemicals. You fuck with those, you get fucked up emotions. People don't make good decisions when they're feeling that fucked up.

Manny has homomones? Not that there is anything wrong with that.