PDA

View Full Version : The QB With The Highest Completion Percentage of All Time....

BUMP
09-15-2013, 11:34 AM
is Chad Pennington?

wut?

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_cmp_perc_career.htm

Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?

Ghazi
09-15-2013, 05:00 PM
that's actually kinda surprising and weird to me.

lefty
09-16-2013, 11:16 PM
Is he white ?

BUMP
09-17-2013, 10:16 AM
Some interesTING stats from that list...

Daunte Culpepper is the highest african american male on that list, tied for 12th with Ben Roethlisberger (ahead of BRett Favre, and even after all those shit years after the Minnesota days)

Vince Young (tied for 73rd) has a higher completion pct than John Elway, BArt Starr, Roger Staubach, Sonny Jurgensen, Sammy Baugh, Johnny Unitas, Terry Bradshaw, and Joe Namath

Blake
09-17-2013, 11:05 AM
lol Tony Romo #6

monosylab1k
09-17-2013, 11:49 AM
tbh thats because the farthest Pennington could throw the ball was seemingly about 20 yards. So everything he attempted was a short, high percentage route that his noodle arm could complete.

HarlemHeat37
09-17-2013, 11:50 AM
Pennington was the most overhyped QB of my generation, especially living in NY at the time, tbh:lol..the only QBs that were overhyped on the same level were Carson Palmer in Cinci and current Russell Wilson, tbh..

Chief Brody
09-17-2013, 11:56 AM
Gonna play Devils advocate here but Pennington was actually a pretty good QB who was cursed with horrible physical tools and a frail body. Every year he was healthy his teams were successful and made the playoffs. I think he had just a handful of redzone turnovers in his career too. He'd make a good OC imo. Hick bastard, but smart player.

spurraider21
09-17-2013, 11:56 AM
Palmer was legit before he f'cked up his elbow tbh

spurraider21
09-17-2013, 12:00 PM
Gonna play Devils advocate here but Pennington was actually a pretty good QB who was cursed with horrible physical tools and a frail body. Every year he was healthy his teams were successful and made the playoffs. I think he had just a handful of redzone turnovers in his career too. He'd make a good OC imo. Hick bastard, but smart player.

Yeah people could laugh at the noodle arm all they want but he was a productive m'f'cker and even had that year he took the Fins to the playoffs. First time I went up to Oakland to watch a game, the Jets beat the Raiders despite our guys going into halftime up 21-10. I'll never forget that because on the way out of the stadium some fan said "i'm so pissed i'ma go home and beat my wife"

Chief Brody
09-17-2013, 12:01 PM
Palmer was legit before Kimo shredded his knee

fify

Chief Brody
09-17-2013, 12:04 PM
Yeah people could laugh at the noodle arm all they want but he was a productive m'f'cker and even had that year he took the Fins to the playoffs. First time I went up to Oakland to watch a game, the Jets beat the Raiders despite our guys going into halftime up 21-10. I'll never forget that because on the way out of the stadium some fan said "i'm so pissed i'ma go home and beat my wife"

Knowing raiders fans, im sure he carried through on his word.

Chode took the Jets to the brink of the 2004 AFCCG IN what is now infamously known as the Doug Brien Game

spurraider21
09-17-2013, 12:22 PM
fify

that's what everybody says but he messed up that knee in the playoffs of 05, but then came back and had an awesome 06 campaign. wasn't terrible in 07, either. screwed up his elbow and decided to rest it instead of getting surgery and hasn't been the same since. had the one "renaissance" year when TO came and was productive as hell