PDA

View Full Version : Trent Dilfer or Russell Wilson?..

HarlemHeat37
09-15-2013, 11:16 PM
Who do you take, tbh?..

Ghazi
09-15-2013, 11:24 PM
It's amazing how good their defense is. Gotta keep in mind they're doing this to a top 2 offensive team in the league.

HarlemHeat37
09-15-2013, 11:33 PM
It helps that everybody on their defense is a known PED abuser, tbh..

Avante
09-16-2013, 03:20 AM
Compare their rookie stats.

Michael Jordan.
09-16-2013, 08:52 AM
Dilfer looks like a giant penis. So wilson.

spurraider21
09-16-2013, 10:38 AM
I'll take the guy who put up 30 touchdowns in his rookie season, please and thank you.

HarlemHeat37
09-16-2013, 10:45 AM
Putting up numbers is a lot easier in today's NFL, obviously..

Wilson is judged strictly on wins and losses, ignoring the fact that he has the best defense in the league and an elite running game..by that criteria, Dilfer may have the advantage in this argument, as he won the SB, the pinnacle for wins/losses, tbh..

spurraider21
09-16-2013, 10:49 AM
Putting up numbers is a lot easier in today's NFL, obviously..

Wilson is judged strictly on wins and losses, ignoring the fact that he has the best defense in the league and an elite running game..by that criteria, Dilfer may have the advantage in this argument, as he won the SB, the pinnacle for wins/losses, tbh..
if you are going to judge strictly by wins and losses than Tebow was a better Broncos QB than manning. He won more playoff games even though the Broncos defense was superior in '12 than '11

HarlemHeat37
09-16-2013, 11:01 AM
You just proved my point, tbh:lol..

Russell Wilson's hype is entirely built off wins/losses..if people actually watched games, they would see that he's a glorified game manager..

It's easy to build a reputation of winning when your supporting cast does the heavy lifting, tbh..

spurraider21
09-16-2013, 11:38 AM
You just proved my point, tbh:lol..

Russell Wilson's hype is entirely built off wins/losses..if people actually watched games, they would see that he's a glorified game manager..

It's easy to build a reputation of winning when your supporting cast does the heavy lifting, tbh..
SF's defense can make a lot of QB's look silly, especially with the weather that way. If you are going to give him negative points for being on a good team, then why can't you acknowledge the curve he gets when it comes to "being hyped" for being a rookie when he did that? He also stepped up big in the playoff game against the Falcons when their defense initially couldn't hold and the run game they were so committed to went nowhere. He ended up with 445 all purpose yards and 3 TD's, and if their defense didn't allow the Falcons to casually stroll down the field in 30 seconds, the Seahawks would have been in the NFC title game

spurraider21
09-16-2013, 11:39 AM
Do you remember what he did to the Niners at the end of last season? Or his game against the Patriots? Also, compare his receiving core to others around the league. Who is his #1? Golden Tate? You have to play to your team's strengths tbh. The Patriots that won those superbowls were predicated on defense and running the ball, and Brady was a game manager for the most part back then too. Same with Roethlesburger in the 05 season. A team like Seattle that has a below average receiving core but a good running back/physical line/stingy defense isn't going to run a Chip Kelly paced offense that spreads the field like the Broncos

HarlemHeat37
09-19-2013, 10:54 PM
Alex Smith is 14-3 in his last 17 starts with 24 TDs-5 INTs..where's that Russell Wilson hype, tbh?:lol..

They both play with elite RBs, great offensive lines and great defenses(Seattle's D is the best in the NFL)..

Chief Brody
09-19-2013, 10:57 PM
Wasn't Alex Smith 3-0 vs the Seahawks in the Harbaugh era?

Avante
09-19-2013, 11:00 PM
Alex Smith is 14-3 in his last 17 starts with 24 TDs-5 INTs..where's that Russell Wilson hype, tbh?:lol..

They both play with elite RBs, great offensive lines and great defenses(Seattle's D is the best in the NFL)..

Russell Wilson made the pro bowl as a rookie, he tied the rookie TD record. He won a playoff game and came within seconds of winning another. He is smart, mobile and doesn't make the big mistake.

You really don't get it do you?

Chief Brody
09-19-2013, 11:01 PM
He is smart, mobile and doesn't make the big mistake.
Sounds like Alex Smith

HarlemHeat37
09-19-2013, 11:02 PM
The Seahawks won a playoff game and came within seconds of winning another, as a team, tbh, not Wilson as an individual..

The Pro Bowl is based on hype, tbh, many undeserving players have shared that honor..

Alex Smith has won a playoff game and was a game away from making it to the Super Bowl, tbh..

I gave you the numbers, and he plays with the same type of supporting cast as Wilson..14-3 in his last 17, 24-5 TD/INT ratio, crazy..

Avante
09-19-2013, 11:02 PM
Sounds like Alex Smith

I like Alex Smith he's a solid QB.

Chief Brody
09-19-2013, 11:03 PM
Smith also had numerous key 3rd down throws tonight. Conservative, yet clutch:lol

Avante
09-19-2013, 11:13 PM
Smith also had numerous key 3rd down throws tonight. Conservative, yet clutch:lol

I wouldn't be surprised that by the end of this season us Niners fans aren't wishing we still had Alex Smith. I'm starting to wonder if Keapernick can handle the limelight.

HI-FI
09-19-2013, 11:15 PM
Wasn't Alex Smith 3-0 vs the Seahawks in the Harbaugh era?

I do know he had one of the best comebacks against Seahawks, probably Smith's greatest moment preHarbaugh.

Russell Wilson will get more hype because he's black and that's trending, but I'd take Alex right now.

Avante
09-19-2013, 11:19 PM
I do know he had one of the best comebacks against Seahawks, probably Smith's greatest moment preHarbaugh.

Russell Wilson will get more hype because he's black and that's trending, but I'd take Alex right now.

Wilson gets more hype because he's a better QB.

Chiefs beat the Jags...who doesn't?
Beat the Cowboys at home by 1
How many times did Philly turn it over?

Clipper Nation
09-19-2013, 11:20 PM

:lmao at taking Alex fucking Smith over Wilson.... come on, man....

HI-FI
09-19-2013, 11:24 PM
:lmao at taking Alex fucking Smith over Wilson.... come on, man....

sorry, it's a bit of a homer pick for an ex Niner. still think Wilson is good but overrated at this point in time. Smith has been underrated the past couple of seasons.

Avante
09-19-2013, 11:26 PM
sorry, it's a bit of a homer pick for an ex Niner. still think Wilson is good but overrated at this point in time. Smith has been underrated the past couple of seasons.

Smith is a good QB, only a fool wouldn't see that. But, he's not on the same level as RW.

Chief Brody
09-19-2013, 11:28 PM
Russell Wilson will get more hype because he's black and that's trending.
:lolperfectly said

spurraider21
09-20-2013, 02:19 AM
Lol comparing the pinnacle of smith's career to Wilson's rookie season. For the millionth time, I called Wilson under the radar in context with all the hype rg3 and kaep got last year as up and coming NFC qb's. I'm well aware he is talked about, but I disagree with the notion that he is a tier below those guys

spurraider21
09-20-2013, 02:22 AM
Lol Alex smith has looked shirty outside of the jaguars game. He's content with 3 yard throws on 3rd and 8. They forced 5 turnovers and smith looked awful but it was an easy chiefs win

The Reckoning
09-20-2013, 06:46 AM
1 ring, faggot

spurraider21
09-22-2013, 04:55 PM
I know it's the jags but... solid first half for game manager

benefactor
09-22-2013, 05:17 PM
Rushing for over 100 yards in the half to go along with playing Jacksonville also helps.

This isn't what I would consider a measuring stick game for this thread.

spurraider21
09-22-2013, 05:21 PM
Which is why I prefaced it with "I know its the jags but"

spurraider21
09-22-2013, 05:35 PM
:lol and on queue he gets picked off. Clanged off the receivers hands though