PDA

View Full Version : Seattle a 17.5 favorite over the Jags...??????

Avante
09-16-2013, 11:55 AM
I don't know if I've ever seen an NFL spread that big since the Colts vs Jets in SBIII. That's crazy!

Talk about some bullshit scheduling...wow! The Jags fly out to Oakland then back to home (I guess they went back home) then back out to Seattle. While the Seahawks just sit there enjoying that home cooking...again. That just ain't right. We should never see double road vs double home. So why do we?

How do the Seahawks get up for this game after a big game last night?

I doubt we'll see any team traveling further in a two week strecth than the Jags in this "spot".

Clipper Nation
09-16-2013, 12:00 PM
:lol Bitter Niners homer bitching about schedules per par

Avante
09-16-2013, 12:06 PM
I had the Seahawks winning last night, homer???

Why does one team have to be flying cross country twice in two weeks while the other team just sits there? I realize you're not too bright but even you can see something wrong there. You know how hard it is to win back to back road games in the NFL......of course you don't.

Clipper Nation
09-16-2013, 12:08 PM
Who cares, suck it up and play.... you're clearly just salty that Seattle is the better team, so you're looking for excuses like :cry "they had an unfairly easy schedule" :cry to console yourself.....

spurraider21
09-16-2013, 12:10 PM
I don't know if I've ever seen an NFL spread that big since the Colts vs Jets in SBIII. That's crazy!

Talk about some bullshit scheduling...wow! The Jags fly out to Oakland then back to home (I guess they went back home) then back out to Seattle. While the Seahawks just sit there enjoying that home cooking...again. That just ain't right. We should never see double road vs double home. So why do we?

How do the Seahawks get up for this game after a big game last night?

I doubt we'll see any team traveling further in a two week strecth than the Jags in this "spot".

It was said that the Jaguars will be staying in the Oakland/SF area and will go straight to Seattle from there. No flight home

Avante
09-16-2013, 12:16 PM
Who cares, suck it up and play.... you're clearly just salty that Seattle is the better team, so you're looking for excuses like :cry "they had an unfairly easy schedule" :cry to console yourself.....

I had a feeling you didn't know shit about this...you don't! It's far harder to win on the road than at home in the NFL...honest. It doesn't help matters any playing those games across country and back to back.,...honest. Now add the fact you are playing a team at home yet again. You really don't get it do ya amigo?

Dude, the Seahawks are the better team right now than the Niners and scheduling ain't got shit to do with it. So you are wrong as you always are.

Avante
09-16-2013, 12:17 PM
It was said that the Jaguars will be staying in the Oakland/SF area and will go straight to Seattle from there. No flight home

So because of stupid scheduling we have a team getting totally out of their routine. Something is wrong with that.

Clipper Nation
09-16-2013, 12:33 PM
So because of stupid scheduling we have a team getting totally out of their routine. Something is wrong with that.
:lol Moving the goalposts per par

Avante
09-16-2013, 12:37 PM
:lol Moving the goalposts per par

Nobody should be this stupid, there should be laws against it. This dummy really doesn't see any difference between double home/double road...wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why should one team have to stay in another state for two weeks while the other enjoys two weeks of home cooking? This is fair?

Clipper Nation
09-16-2013, 12:41 PM
Nobody should be this stupid, there should be laws against it.
:lol Deflecting

First the schedule was "bullshit" because you thought the Jaguars would have to fly cross-country twice, now it's "bullshit" because "their routine is off".... just admit that you're salty and butthurt, why fight it? :lol

Avante
09-16-2013, 12:48 PM
:lol Deflecting

First the schedule was "bullshit" because you thought the Jaguars would have to fly cross-country twice, now it's "bullshit" because "their routine is off".... just admit that you're salty and butthurt, why fight it? :lol

You really don't understand any of this at all do ya slick, not a fucking clue at all. An east coast team having to come out west and stay there for two weeks while the other teams just sits there at home....again. Are you really so fucking lame you don't see the advantage there for that home team?

Dude, cool all this stupid..butthurt..talk ok, one more time....I had the Seahawks last night and they are the better team right now...ok? What don't you understand about that?

spurraider21
09-16-2013, 01:01 PM
Actually, staying in the bay area and then flying to Seattle is less travel than if they returned home all the way to Jacksonville. Plus this way there is no time difference to worry about on game day

Blake
09-16-2013, 01:13 PM
Are the Jags complaining?

Avante
09-16-2013, 01:19 PM
Actually, staying in the bay area and then flying to Seattle is less travel than if they returned home all the way to Jacksonville. Plus this way there is no time difference to worry about on game day

The point I'm getting at is why put any team in this situation while the opponet just sits there enjoying another week at home, it makes no sense.

One team at home ...again, vs a team on the road...again. That's just not right.

Avante
09-16-2013, 01:22 PM

So you'd be cool with staying away from the family for a week, sleeping in some other bed than your own, having to do everything differently for no logical reason? WHILE....your opponet is doing just the opposite, he's on routine, he's sleeping with mama, he's seeing his kids.

You really don't get it do you?

Do I really have to break it down using stats to show you how double road teams do and how double home teams do?

Blake
09-16-2013, 01:28 PM
So you'd be cool with staying away from the family for a week, sleeping in some other bed than your own, having to do everything differently for no logical reason? WHILE....your opponet is doing just the opposite, he's on routine, he's sleeping with mama, he's seeing his kids.

You really don't get it do you?

Do I really have to break it down using stats to show you how double road teams do and how double home teams do?

It was a yes or no question, stupid.

spurraider21
09-16-2013, 01:40 PM
The point I'm getting at is why put any team in this situation while the opponet just sits there enjoying another week at home, it makes no sense.

One team at home ...again, vs a team on the road...again. That's just not right.

The team that stacks home games early will get more road games later, and vice-versa

Avante
09-16-2013, 01:45 PM
It was a yes or no question, stupid.

It was a stupid question dummy, who doesn't want that home cooking ya fucking idiot. No sex for a week, how cool is that? Dude, why so stupid?

Avante
09-16-2013, 01:46 PM
The team that stacks home games early will get more road games later, and vice-versa

So it's better to be 2-4 than 4-2?

Last season we saw double road scenarios 63 times.

Win both...11..times, fail to win both 52.

Now if I were to do double home and losing both we'd get something totally opposite.

spurraider21
09-16-2013, 02:18 PM
So it's better to be 2-4 than 4-2?

Last season we saw double road scenarios 63 times.

Win both...11..times, fail to win both 52.

Now if I were to do double home and losing both we'd get something totally opposite.
exactly. the jags get back to back home games week 7 and 8. that's an amazing avantage! and then they get 3 straight home games from weeks 14-16! that's a ridiculous advantage over the rest of the league when fighting for playoff position! the league clearly favors the jaguars :rolleyes. it all balances out at the end dude

Blake
09-16-2013, 02:47 PM
It was a stupid question dummy, who doesn't want that home cooking ya fucking idiot. No sex for a week, how cool is that? Dude, why so stupid?

so you're complaining that a guy that doesn't know you isn't getting sex for a week.........and the guy himself has no complaint about it

why continue to make a fool out of yourself?

Avante
09-16-2013, 02:47 PM
exactly. the jags get back to back home games week 7 and 8. that's an amazing avantage! and then they get 3 straight home games from weeks 14-16! that's a ridiculous advantage over the rest of the league when fighting for playoff position! the league clearly favors the jaguars :rolleyes. it all balances out at the end dude

You have any idea how many teams don't play any double road?

Avante
09-16-2013, 02:48 PM
so you're complaining that a guy that doesn't know you isn't getting sex for a week.

I'll go slow..

You asked if the Jags were complaining...right? Now think stupid! How do we know if the arey complaining, do you really think it's...oh boy I get to sleep in a hotel bed.....? It's cool to....wonder how the family is doing...?

Like talking to a little kid.

The dummy just can't figure this out, why am I not surprised?

spurraider21
09-16-2013, 03:09 PM

nope. make a useful list for once and provide one for teams that aren't playing double road this year

Blake
09-16-2013, 03:51 PM
I'll go slow..

You asked if the Jags were complaining...right? Now think stupid! How do we know if the arey complaining, do you really think it's...oh boy I get to sleep in a hotel bed.....? It's cool to....wonder how the family is doing...?

incoherent rambling when just a simple yes or no would do.

No surprise from the fat ol fuck

spurraider21
09-16-2013, 03:53 PM
so you're complaining that a guy that doesn't know you isn't getting sex for a week.........and the guy himself has no complaint about it

I'll go slow..

how in the fucking world would "a simple yes or no" answer that question?

Avante
09-16-2013, 03:56 PM

You understood it perfectly.

What it is dummy is that nobody wants to spend a week away from their family, being an idiot you don't get that.

Avante
09-16-2013, 03:57 PM

The guy is a moron, bro.

Blizzardwizard
09-16-2013, 04:15 PM
:lol

Blake
09-16-2013, 04:21 PM

Blake
09-16-2013, 04:23 PM

Blake
09-16-2013, 04:26 PM
The guy is a moron, bro.

:cry will you be my friend spurraider

Avante
09-16-2013, 04:38 PM
:cry will you be my friend spurraider

Where did you ever get this stupid Idea I come here looking for friends...hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That has gotta be the dumbest thing yo............hmmm?...ok ok maybe not but still it's pretty dumb.

If I were here looking for friends I'd kiss ass like you do.

Clipper Nation
09-16-2013, 04:40 PM
:lol spurraider
:lol Avante's jizzcup

Avante
09-16-2013, 04:40 PM
Why do you spend so much time in Stupidville?

Talk football guy, even if you don't know shit...ok?

Blake
09-16-2013, 05:12 PM
Lol stupidville

Holden_Caulfield
09-16-2013, 05:14 PM
henne still starting :lol whats the line on bovada +20?

spurraider21
09-16-2013, 08:24 PM
So Avante where is the list of teams this year that DON'T have a road-road b2b?

RGMCSE
09-16-2013, 08:58 PM
The Jags have never played well in Seattle. Honestly I don't think the Jags have ever won in Seattle. I'm not looking forward to this game at all. I would be shocked if we scored. Either way, were a lock for the first pick now. I can't wait to watch more of the QB's coming out this year to see who the next unlucky SOB is to QB for the Jags. :lol

Avante
09-16-2013, 11:10 PM
So Avante (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=33483) where is the list of teams this year that DON'T have a road-road b2b?

Let's check it out...

How many double road scenarios per team

Ariz..2
Atl...2
Balt...1
Buff..2
Caro...1
Chicago...3
Cinncy...2
Cleveland...3
Dallas...1
Denver...2
Detroit...3
GB...0
Houston...1
Indy...2
Jax...3
KC...2
Minnesota..2
NE...2
NO...3
NYG...2
NYJ...2
Oakland...2
Philly..a 3 road game stretch, a two road games
Pitt...2
St.Louis...3
SD...2
Niners...2
Seattle...3
TB...2
Tenn...a 3 game road strecth, a double road
Wash...1

As we can it makes no sense at all, no system to it of any kind.

Green Bay has no double roads while two teams play three road games in a row....huh?

Avante
09-16-2013, 11:15 PM
The Jags have never played well in Seattle. Honestly I don't think the Jags have ever won in Seattle. I'm not looking forward to this game at all. I would be shocked if we scored. Either way, were a lock for the first pick now. I can't wait to watch more of the QB's coming out this year to see who the next unlucky SOB is to QB for the Jags. :lol

The last time the Jags were in Seattle (2009)

Seattle 41
Jags 0

spurraider21
09-16-2013, 11:16 PM

so to answer your question, 1. you make it seem like the league is picking on the jaguars. there is 1 freakin team in the leaugue out of 32 that doesn't have a road & road. so don't go on about the jags schedule. its pretty common to have a road&road, and a majority of teams have multiple road&road stretches. either way, if you have a road & road, that means you've probably got a homestand that will also serve as a balancing act.

spurraider21
09-16-2013, 11:19 PM
:lol spurraider
:lol Avante's jizzcup
:lol Clipper Nation
:lol trying really hard to fit in
:lol doesn't realize i've been arguing with avante throughout this entire thread

Avante
09-16-2013, 11:23 PM
so to answer your question, 1. you make it seem like the league is picking on the jaguars. there is 1 freakin team in the leaugue out of 32 that doesn't have a road & road. so don't go on about the jags schedule. its pretty common to have a road&road, and a majority of teams have multiple road&road stretches. either way, if you have a road & road, that means you've probably got a homestand that will also serve as a balancing act.

Let's look a little deeper at that Jag schedule.

home
road
road
home
road
road

You don't see that as being weird? 4 road games the first 6 weeks?

Then we have your Raiders

road
home
road
home
home
road
bye
home
home

That makes no sense. 9 weeks and only three rosd games.

We all understand home vs road so why put teams at a disadvantage and others with the advantage?

spurraider21
09-16-2013, 11:29 PM
Let's look a little deeper at that Jag schedule.

home
road
road
home
road
road

You don't see that as being weird? 4 road games the first 6 weeks?
yeah thats really weird. know what else is weird? they then have 6 home games and only 4 road games the rest of the way. talk about unfair. in the last 11 weeks of the season they'll only have 4 road games!

Then we have your Raiders

road
home
road
home
home
road
bye
home
home

That makes no sense. 9 weeks and only three road games.

We all understand home vs road so why put teams at a disadvantage and others with the advantage?

well you can say 9 weeks to make it sound better, but its 3 road games of our first 8 games

so 5 of our first 8 games are home games. wow what an unfair advantage to start the season. you know what though, that means in the final 8 games, we have 5 road games. what an unfair disadvantage to end the season. symmetry is beautiful isn't it?

Avante
09-16-2013, 11:39 PM
yeah thats really weird. know what else is weird? they then have 6 home games and only 4 road games the rest of the way. talk about unfair. in the last 11 weeks of the season they'll only have 4 road games!

well you can say 9 weeks to make it sound better, but its 3 road games of our first 8 games

so 5 of our first 8 games are home games. wow what an unfair advantage to start the season. you know what though, that means in the final 8 games, we have 5 road games. what an unfair disadvantage to end the season. symmetry is beautiful isn't it?

I don't think you really understand this home/road thing. There is a reason teams want that home field advantage in the playoffs, it's huge.

Why give some teams three road games in a row while giving others not even two in a row? Why give the....

Cards...

home
home
bye
home

Atlanta

home
home
bye
home

Look at the Browns

home
home
home

...?

None of this makes any sense there's no logic to it at all.

Why start any team off with a double road situation?

spurraider21
09-16-2013, 11:45 PM
I don't think you really understand this home/road thing. There is a reason teams want that home field advantage in the playoffs, it's huge.

Why give some teams three road games in a row while giving others not even two in a row? Why give the....

Cards...

home
home
bye
home

Atlanta

home
home
bye
home

Look at the Browns

home
home
home

...?

None of this makes any sense there's no logic to it at all.

Why start any team off with a double road situation?
every team that starts with a home heavy schedule has a road heavy schedule the rest of the way. every team that has a big home-stretch (3 straight home games) means the rest of their schedule is road-heavy. you act like some teams are getting 10 home games per year while others get 6. everybody gets 8 home games. everybody gets 8 road games. everybody has equal opportunity over the course of the season. who cares where those home games are relative to the schedule

Avante
09-16-2013, 11:59 PM
every team that starts with a home heavy schedule has a road heavy schedule the rest of the way. every team that has a big home-stretch (3 straight home games) means the rest of their schedule is road-heavy. you act like some teams are getting 10 home games per year while others get 6. everybody gets 8 home games. everybody gets 8 road games. everybody has equal opportunity over the course of the season. who cares where those home games are relative to the schedule

Did you see the Cinncy/Pitt game tonight? What did we keep hearing? It was....teams that strart off 0-2 don't make the playoffs...right? So why did the Dolphins/Vikes/Titans start off with a double road while the Bills/Colts/Bers started off with a double home....you really don't see anything wrong with that?

You've never heard.....coming off a short week now on the road....? You've never heard anything about time zones?

How about teams on the road a second week vs teams at home another week, you really see that as fair?

If you really think...ah hell none of that really matters...you couldn't be more wrong. Scheduling dynamics are huge.

spurraider21
09-17-2013, 12:03 AM
Did you see the Cinncy/Pitt game tonight? What did we keep hearing? It was....teams that strart off 0-2 don't make the playoffs...right? So why did the Dolphins/Vikes/Titand start off with a double road while the Bills/Colts/Bers started off with a double home....you really don't see anything wrong with that?

How about teams on the road a second week vs teams at home another week, you really see that as fair?

If you really think...ah hell none of that really matters...you couldn't be more wrong. Scheduling dynamics are huge.

by that same logic i find it really unfair that the dolphins/vikes/titans will have 8 home games from here on out whereas the bills/colts/bears only have 6 home games left.

Sean Cagney
09-17-2013, 12:03 AM
17.5 over the JAGS? BET ON IT!

Avante
09-17-2013, 12:05 AM
by that same logic i find it really unfair that the dolphins/vikes/titans will have 8 home games from here on out whereas the bills/colts/bears only have 6 home games left.

You really aren't getting it at all.

Let me see if I find something on this.

spurraider21
09-17-2013, 12:28 AM
from weeks 4-9 the raiders have 4 home games in a 5 game (6 week) stretch

then the following 5 weeks...

from weeks 10-14 the raiders have 4 road games in 5 weeks...

so is this a net advantage or disadvantage? :lol

it all balances out

Avante
09-17-2013, 12:33 AM
from weeks 4-9 the raiders have 4 home games in a 5 game (6 week) stretch

then the following 5 weeks...

from weeks 10-14 the raiders have 4 road games in 5 weeks...

so is this a net advantage or disadvantage? :lol

it all balances out

So you see no difference in starting out playing 4 road games in 5 weeks than playing 4 home games in the first 5 weeks....right?

It's better to start off 1-4 than 4-1...right? Remember it will all even out....right? So the fans that are...what's wrong with us...need to hear...hey, it will all even out...right?

You want to start off any new season wiinning...honest! That is much easier to do not having 4 road games in 5 weeks...honest.

spurraider21
09-17-2013, 12:41 AM
So you see no difference in starting out playing 4 road games in 5 weeks than playing 4 home games in the first 5 weeks....right?

It's better to start off 1-4 than 4-1...right? Remember it will all even out....right? So the fans that are...what's wrong with us...need to hear...hey, it will all even out...right?

You want to start off any new seaon wiinning...honest! That is much easier to do not having 4 road games in 5 weeks...honest.

2 seasons ago the raiders started 4-2 and went 1-4 in the last 5 games and missed the playoffs. having a good finish is equally important as having a good start.

so answer my question. the raiders have 4 home games in a 5 game stretch IMMEDIATELY followed by 4 road games in a 5 game stretch. is that a net positive,negative, or does it balance out?

Avante
09-17-2013, 12:47 AM
2 seasons ago the raiders started 4-2 and went 1-4 in the last 5 games and missed the playoffs. having a good finish is equally important as having a good start.

so answer my question. the raiders have 4 home games in a 5 game stretch IMMEDIATELY followed by 4 road games in a 5 game stretch. is that a net positive,negative, or does it balance out?

This isn't about does it balance out. This is about starting off a new season on a winning track. Which is far harder to do playing a ton of road games early. Everything goes better when you're winning.

I can see you're not getting it, you need to ask any footbal coach if they'd want to start off playing on the road, see what they say. Trust me it won't be...ah hell,. it will all even out.

You want to win ..now, not wait until it all evens out....trust me! You want a to start off winning, making the fans happy, the owner happy, try telling them.....relax, it will all even out.

spurraider21
09-17-2013, 12:53 AM
so answer my question. is the raiders having 4 of 5 games on the road immediately followed by playing 4 out of 5 at home a net negative?

Avante
09-17-2013, 12:59 AM
so answer my question. is the raiders having 4 of 5 games on the road immediately followed by playing 4 out of 5 at home a net negative?

It's without question a negative.

spurraider21
09-17-2013, 01:11 AM
for the sake of argument, lets assume a team win win 3/4 of its home games and 1/4 of its road games. just for the sake of argument. in that 10 game stretch for the raiders, with that math (i know you love trends), the raiders will pick up 5 wins and 5 losses. even if they had 5 straight home games followed by 5 straight home games. or if they had 5 road games then 5 home games.

Holden_Caulfield
09-17-2013, 01:25 AM
okung is out!! everyone bet your house!!

Avante
09-17-2013, 01:25 AM
for the sake of argument, lets assume a team win win 3/4 of its home games and 1/4 of its road games. just for the sake of argument. in that 10 game stretch for the raiders, with that math (i know you love trends), the raiders will pick up 5 wins and 5 losses. even if they had 5 straight home games followed by 5 straight home games. or if they had 5 road games then 5 home games.

You are totally ignoring the human element here.

Look at young Pryor with your team. The guy does not need to be playing road games early on...you disagree? He needs to built up some confidence he needs some home games.

You're totally missing the point here. You want to start off winning...ok? Nobody gives shit about....it'll even out....trust me! You want to win now, that is eaiser to do at home not on the road.

A team starts out 1-4 nobody cares if they were road or home games, nobody wants to hear ....it will even out.

owner..so what's the matter coach?
coach..no worries so we lost on the road, once we get back home it'll all even out.

Come on man.

Stop ignoring the human element...ok? Teams want a good start...ok?

What's being said about all those 0-2 teams right now?

spurraider21
09-17-2013, 01:30 AM
sure, but push comes to shove, you end up at the same place. ok?

Avante
09-17-2013, 01:39 AM
sure, but push comes to shove, you end up at the same place. ok?

You're simply not understanding how this works. You want everyone feeling good about the new season, that comes with winning. We all know that's easier to do at home for everyone. Nobody cares about week 5 in week 2. Nobody cares bout how later in the season...anything. You want it now. right now!!!!!!

Ok man believe whatever ya like. I'm done with this topic.

Ghazi
09-17-2013, 08:19 AM
the past 5 years in NFL betting says take the Jaguars here. the shitty team getting a lot of points usually finds a way to keep it within the margin. it is the NFL after all the shitty teams still have talent.

but my God, this game has slaughter written all over it... like I'm thinking Seahawks 28+ and Jags under 10... which voers.

Blake
09-17-2013, 11:55 AM

Betting expert almanac queen.

Smh fraud.

Holden_Caulfield
09-17-2013, 12:01 PM
why are the falcons 2 point underdogs?

Holden_Caulfield
09-17-2013, 03:22 PM
what's the moneyline I'd like to put $1 on the jags:lol

RGMCSE
09-17-2013, 06:12 PM
what's the moneyline I'd like to put $1 on the jags:lol

Dude, buy a lotto ticket. The odds are better. :lol

Blake
09-17-2013, 06:20 PM
Baguars

Avante
09-17-2013, 09:41 PM
the past 5 years in NFL betting says take the Jaguars here. the shitty team getting a lot of points usually finds a way to keep it within the margin. it is the NFL after all the shitty teams still have talent.

but my God, this game has slaughter written all over it... like I'm thinking Seahawks 28+ and Jags under 10... which voers.

Since 2008 the Jags have been double digit dogs 8 times...they are 5-2-1 in that spot vs the number.

Last season in Green Bay they were a hefty + 16. Final score..GB 24 Jax 15 (that was right after an Oakland road game)

I can see the Seahawks having a hard time getting up for this game after a big emotional game vs the Niners. But the Jags are just so damn bad. No way I could play either side.