PDA

View Full Version : Hyped shows that didn't appeal..

HarlemHeat37
09-16-2013, 05:58 PM
What are some hyped shows that had no appeal to you whatsoever, tbh?..

This thread stems from working out the other day while How I Met Your Mother/Big Bang Theory were on TV consecutively:lol..why the fuck are these shows popular, tbh?..

Chief Brody
09-16-2013, 06:00 PM
What are some hyped shows that had no appeal to you whatsoever, tbh?..

This thread stems from working out the other day while How I Met Your Mother/Big Bang Theory were on TV consecutively:lol..why the fuck are these shows popular, tbh?..
Ask CryHavoc.

Almost every drama on any of the 4 major networks. Chockfulla righteous indignation

hehateme
09-16-2013, 06:02 PM
I'm still trying to figure out why people watch that Duck Dynasty show or that fat little girl called Honey Boo Boo...

UZER
09-16-2013, 06:06 PM
big bang is like Seinfeld. Not as good, but has a certain humor and pace that takes quite a few shows to catch on.

baseline bum
09-16-2013, 06:08 PM
I was bored to death by Mad Men.

Joseph Kony
09-16-2013, 06:10 PM
Anything by Tyler Perry
Friends
The Office
Law and Order
CSI
New Girl
that awful show on TBS with the half gook that's produced by Vince Vaughn
that other awful show on TBS with hyde from the 70s show and his work friends

timtonymanu
09-16-2013, 06:25 PM
Of shows that I've seen:

HIMYM
Big Bang Theory
2 and a Half Men
Walking Dead

Holden_Caulfield
09-16-2013, 06:30 PM
naruto. i dont get it. why is he blonde?

benefactor
09-16-2013, 06:33 PM
I'm still trying to figure out why people watch that Duck Dynasty show or that fat little girl called Honey Boo Boo...
The obsession with redneck shows is ridiculous. I was poking fun at Duck Dynasty on FB and someone responded like I just took a leak on their children.

I can't name the last show I really got into. Most of them I lose interest in if they are serious or the jokes are just lame if it's attempting to be a comedy. Used to watch Hell's Kitchen but that got old too. The Amazing Race and American Ninja Warrior are probably the only two I've watch consecutive seasons of.

Clipper Nation
09-16-2013, 06:51 PM
Why the fuck does every old person watch NCIS? I saw one episode and it blew chunks, tbh.....

baseline bum
09-16-2013, 06:59 PM
Why the fuck does every old person watch NCIS? I saw one episode and it blew chunks, tbh.....

:cry It has a badass Mossad bitch :cry

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-16-2013, 07:38 PM
All those TNT/FX/USA/etc. shows are garbage :lol

Clipper Nation
09-16-2013, 07:44 PM
The best part is that obviously Mark Harmon demanded that the producers hide his wrinkles and shit, so the entire episode was blurry like it was filmed on an old digital camera in someone's basement :lol

Judging from the plots, which are basically neoconservative wet dreams, maybe it isn't such a mystery why old people watch that shit after all :lol

DJR210
09-16-2013, 07:47 PM
Any of the American Idol spinoffs, Lost (even though I've heard great things), the stupid ass Bachelor(ette) shows.

resistanze
09-16-2013, 08:27 PM
Friends
Big Bang Theory
2 and a Half Men
Lost
Dexter

monosylab1k
09-16-2013, 08:48 PM

FX has some quality shows imho: The Shield, Sons of Anarchy, The Americans, etc. but yeah TNT and USA dramas are just about the worst things on TV tbh.

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-16-2013, 08:51 PM
FX has some quality shows imho: The Shield, Sons of Anarchy, The Americans, etc. but yeah TNT and USA dramas are just about the worst things on TV tbh.
Sons of Anarchy looks horrible tbh

:lol a show about gay bikers

mrsmaalox
09-16-2013, 08:52 PM
I can't handle any of the evening sitcoms on any of the channels---the nonstop, lame sexual innuendo is so boring it makes me want to scream! I don't like the talent shows or any of the reality shows. Don't like any of the dramas either, but I do watch Suits--with the sound off.

HarlemHeat37
09-16-2013, 10:32 PM
I liked Sons of Anarchy early on, but I've grown to hate it now, tbh..

These idiot bikers have these unlikely connections and get away with everything:lol..they rely too much on shock value IMO..

I've heard great things about The Shield and good things about Americans, though..Louis Ck's show is good on FX, too..

CuckingFunt
09-16-2013, 10:48 PM
Alias. All network multi-cams.

DMC
09-16-2013, 10:56 PM
Sons of Anarchy looks horrible tbh

:lol a show about gay bikers

Same thing I thought but I started watching it because it's on Netflix. I'm addicted now. There's a theme though... guy gets pissed, starts to do something, he's held back, nothing ever happens. I cannot wrap my mind around a female doctor who's that stupid. Ron P makes the show. The rest of the guys other than the mick are just a bunch of bar flies minus the brad pitt wannabe who struts too much. Good show, hard to fathom. Too much deux ex machina at work.

I fucking HATE Katie Segal. I'd like to see a bulldog eat her face off. Her head is the size of a fucking Goldwing gas tank. I FF through her scenes or any bitch to bitch heart felt talking scenes. I just watch the biker shit.

Brunodf
09-16-2013, 10:57 PM
The Big Bang Theory(couldn't watch 10 minutes)
Mad Men( ZZZZzzzZZ )
Battlestar Galactica
American Idol/ The Voice
Boardwalk Empire
American Horror Story

DMC
09-16-2013, 11:00 PM
any show with queers. there are so many shows that are queer, black, black queer, black pregnant queer or just queer queer.

I was watching Alphas until I read they canceled it before the 2nd season. I now research that shit before I start watching a show with a "cliffhanger" ending.

DMC
09-16-2013, 11:01 PM
I can't handle any of the evening sitcoms on any of the channels---the nonstop, lame sexual innuendo is so boring it makes me want to scream! I don't like the talent shows or any of the reality shows. Don't like any of the dramas either, but I do watch Suits--with the sound off.

You probably watched Magic Mike like a dozen times I bet.

timtonymanu
09-16-2013, 11:06 PM
Always Sunny and the League are good FX shows too but I guess they count as FXX shows now.

Phillip
09-16-2013, 11:49 PM

Most are... Sons and Anarchy and The Shield are pretty good though.

EDIT: i should have read the thread, several people already said the same lol

Phillip
09-16-2013, 11:52 PM
Same thing I thought but I started watching it because it's on Netflix. I'm addicted now. There's a theme though... guy gets pissed, starts to do something, he's held back, nothing ever happens. I cannot wrap my mind around a female doctor who's that stupid. Ron P makes the show. The rest of the guys other than the mick are just a bunch of bar flies minus the brad pitt wannabe who struts too much. Good show, hard to fathom. Too much deux ex machina at work.

I fucking HATE Katie Segal. I'd like to see a bulldog eat her face off.

This. I had no interest in SOA initially, but people kept telling me to give it a chance, and I was pleasantly surprised. It's quite good.

IronMaxipad
09-16-2013, 11:56 PM
Justified is another good FX show tbh

Xevious
09-17-2013, 01:55 AM
Any one of those procedural cop shows - Law and Order, CSI, NCIS, Criminal Minds, etc. It boggles my mind why people still find this same formula interesting.

Axegrinder
09-17-2013, 07:22 AM
Dancing with the "stars" makes me root for broken legs

leemajors
09-17-2013, 10:01 AM
Justified is another good FX show tbh

Gets better every season :tu

Firefly was disappointing after reading a lot of sci fi the last few years,

FuzzyLumpkins
09-17-2013, 10:22 AM
I liked Sons of Anarchy early on, but I've grown to hate it now, tbh..

These idiot bikers have these unlikely connections and get away with everything:lol..they rely too much on shock value IMO..

I've heard great things about The Shield and good things about Americans, though..Louis Ck's show is good on FX, too..

When Jax found out what Tig did and didn't do shit I started thinking it was stupid. Then they went to Ireland and I knew.

AchillesHeel
09-17-2013, 10:40 AM
Vampire Diaries...tbh

spurs_fan_in_exile
09-17-2013, 10:46 AM
Grey's Anatomy and Lost. Medical dramas are a dime a dozen, never saw what made this one take off while others fail. As for Lost I thought the first promos looked stupid and then a few years later when it had become this great big phenomenon I had a few friend try to bring me up to speed and it already sounded too pointless and convoluted to try getting on the bandwagon at that stage.

mrsmaalox
09-17-2013, 11:18 AM
You probably watched Magic Mike like a dozen times I bet.

I've seen it once. At the theater.

leemajors
09-17-2013, 11:22 AM
When Jax found out what Tig did and didn't do shit I started thinking it was stupid. Then they went to Ireland and I knew.

They lost me when Jax started saying he was going nomad every 5 mins in season 2.

ohmwrecker
09-17-2013, 11:23 AM
Almost all of them, initially, then I start to feel overwhelmed when different people tell me how good all these different shows are . . . my expectations get high, I watch a few episodes and it's either just meh, or pretty disappointing. Everybody is talking about Breaking Bad right now and I've seen a few episodes here and there, but I feel like I need to go back to the beginning and watch all of them, but that's a big commitment . . . I don't know. It's just TV shows.

HarlemHeat37
09-17-2013, 11:43 AM
Almost all of them, initially, then I start to feel overwhelmed when different people tell me how good all these different shows are . . . my expectations get high, I watch a few episodes and it's either just meh, or pretty disappointing. Everybody is talking about Breaking Bad right now and I've seen a few episodes here and there, but I feel like I need to go back to the beginning and watch all of them, but that's a big commitment . . . I don't know. It's just TV shows.

Breaking Bad is one of my top 3 shows, but I really wasn't a huge fan after the first 2 seasons, tbh..it began growing on me in season 3..sometimes, shows take a few tries to appreciate, but like you said, it's a commitment that may not be worth it..

JMarkJohns
09-17-2013, 12:14 PM
Sons of Anarchy is a reselling of Hamlet. Not exact, but very close. A lot of the story arc is the same, so at times it feels shoehorned into Hamlet's story/existence.

Justified, Archer, and Louis are excellant, Sons of Anarchy, Always Sunny were and are now simply good, and the League has its moments. The Anericans was good for a first season. The Shield was great. Terriers had a ton of potential but it didn't appeal to a wide enough demo so they cut it.

apalisoc_9
09-17-2013, 12:25 PM
Big bang theory was Hilarious tbh.

I think you were watching the later seasons 5 and 6, if so, yeah the show is now terrible.

I don't know if it's a matter of losing material or not but the theme turned from geeky guys who can't get laid because of the lack of social skills to a relationship heavy series.

Spur|n|Austin
09-17-2013, 12:54 PM

Fact. Also anything on Fox.

I'd love to see what shit shows DON'T get pilot episodes on Fox.

timtonymanu
09-17-2013, 01:04 PM
Big Bang Theory got old fast for me, tbh. Do they still make the Indian guy mute around girls?

I just think its very overrated for being a generic show. There are much better sitcoms showing on tv at the moment (Parks and Rec, Community, Always Sunny, Arrested Development).

Venti Quattro
09-17-2013, 01:21 PM
Big Bang Theory got so stale. I used to watch it but now the "intelligent" nature of the cast doesn't appeal anymore. It's ironic that a show with 5 PhD holders as regular cast could be so dumb.

Venti Quattro
09-17-2013, 01:35 PM
I also watched How I Met your mother and looking back, I want to run Lily and Marshall over with a truck. It also became so stupid when they tried to put Barney in relationships when it's not his strong suit.

apalisoc_9
09-17-2013, 01:37 PM
Big Bang Theory got old fast for me, tbh. Do they still make the Indian guy mute around girls?

I just think its very overrated for being a generic show. There are much better sitcoms showing on tv at the moment (Parks and Rec, Community, Always Sunny, Arrested Development).

he sill has "selective mutism"

But yeah, they totally changed the show.

TeyshaBlue
09-17-2013, 01:43 PM
Firefly was disappointing after reading a lot of sci fi the last few years,

You are dead to me.

TeyshaBlue
09-17-2013, 01:45 PM
Justified is hit or miss...but mostly hit.

I've been watching Fringe on Netflix. Don't know how I missed it when it was network. Fringe makes my head hurt occasionally with all the alt universe action, but it's pretty fucking good.

leemajors
09-17-2013, 05:10 PM
You are dead to me.

Mercy Point was more entertaining tbqh.

Spurminator
09-17-2013, 05:56 PM
Dexter - Watched four episodes, thought it was okay, but never really grabbed me to the point where I couldn't wait to watch the next episode. I told myself I'd catch up later, but after hearing all of the show's fans complain about it for the last three seasons, not sure if it's worth it.

True Blood - Thoroughly irritated through three episodes, never looked back.

Fpoonsie
09-17-2013, 09:21 PM

Fucking. this.

(Also Seinfeld. Can't think of a more overrated sitcom. Jesus Christ.)

Rogue
09-17-2013, 09:44 PM
I've never watched even a single episode of breaking bad. I only watched TV series based on Louis Cha novels with Gordon Liu in when I was a kid, and now I only watch movies with my goddess in.

DMC
09-17-2013, 10:21 PM
Mad Men was just a jaunt by the tobacco industry. You can tell these pictures when they happen, someone is lighting up in every scene.

TE
09-17-2013, 10:25 PM
Lost and The Walking Dead (so far).

The Walking Dead started off fairly well for me but now it has gotten boring as fuck. Something changed. I still intend to watch the show just to see how it parallels with the comics but it has noticeably lost some appeal to it imho.

Lost was good for the first 2 seasons, a little of season 3. Afterward it lost some of its appeal by dragging on. Unlike many, I actually like the whole time travel angle, it just dragged on for too long.

HarlemHeat37
09-17-2013, 10:27 PM

:wow:wow, tbh..

King
09-17-2013, 10:30 PM
Dexter - Watched four episodes, thought it was okay, but never really grabbed me to the point where I couldn't wait to watch the next episode. I told myself I'd catch up later, but after hearing all of the show's fans complain about it for the last three seasons, not sure if it's worth it.

Dexter was amazing up through Season 4. After 4, just bow out. Season 4 alone is one of the best seasons of any show I've ever watched.

AmericanPsycho
09-17-2013, 10:35 PM
Aren't all shows hyped up!?

Clipper Nation
09-17-2013, 10:39 PM
Fucking. this.

Wow, terrible taste, tbh.... SMH....

Leetonidas
09-17-2013, 11:44 PM
The Big Bang Theory is pretty hilarious tbh...I used to hate it too but my gf watches it so much I got sucked into it and I find it quite entertaining right now. Except Leonard, dude is a massive beta and I constantly want to bitch slap him

timtonymanu
09-18-2013, 02:41 AM
I also watched How I Met your mother and looking back, I want to run Lily and Marshall over with a truck. It also became so stupid when they tried to put Barney in relationships when it's not his strong suit.

Yeah, I honestly liked HIMYM in its earlier seasons but its really dragged on and should have ended seasons ago. I kinda lost interest after Season 4.

Lost and The Walking Dead (so far).

The Walking Dead started off fairly well for me but now it has gotten boring as fuck. Something changed. I still intend to watch the show just to see how it parallels with the comics but it has noticeably lost some appeal to it imho.

Agreed. I actually still like TWD, but I hate it when everyone tells me it's the greatest drama currently on TV. Season 1 was amazing, but Seasons 2 and 3 were pretty weak. I've grown to really hate most of the characters and one of the few ones I liked was killed off before last year's finale. Hopefully Season 4 goes back to what made Season 1 pretty great. I haven't read the comics so maybe the show is staying somewhat accurate to them.

Bill_Brasky
09-18-2013, 07:27 AM

i didn't get the appeal either, was boring as fuck.

ididnotnothat
09-18-2013, 08:27 AM
Aren't all shows hyped up!?

This. Almost all don't live up to the hype.

703 Spurz
09-18-2013, 09:45 AM
Fucking. this.

The fuck you can't.

CitizenDwayne
09-18-2013, 10:21 AM
Seinfeld was great, but the idea that it's this untouchable piece of perfection is a little ridiculous. Show had its ups and downs like any other.

However, in the most overrated sitcoms category, it's unbelievable that the King of Queens stayed on as long as it did.

And NCIS is fucking atrocious.

Spurminator
09-18-2013, 12:45 PM
Mad Men is not a good binge-watching show. Once a week is perfect.

Mark in Austin
09-18-2013, 07:29 PM
John from Cincinnati. Those fuckers at HBO actually cancelled Deadwood for it. Didn't even last a whole season.

baseline bum
09-18-2013, 08:20 PM
Mad Men is not a good binge-watching show. Once a week is perfect.

None a week is better tbh.

scampers
09-19-2013, 03:18 PM
The Walking Dead sold me so hard with its pilot. Such a fucking good pilot. It has been shit ever since, though. I watched through the last season, but I'm done. Can't take it anymore.