PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Achilles to miss pre-season

AchillesHeel
09-16-2013, 11:43 PM
Kobe Bryant 'progressing well' but likely will miss exhibition games

Kobe Bryant continues to move forward in his rehabilitation from a torn Achilles' tendon, though the Lakers are unwilling to put an updated timetable on his exact return.

"He's progressing well and has met all the targets and milestones of his rehab, and we expect him to make a full recovery," Lakers spokesman John Black told The Times on Monday. "One of the key issues is to make sure he builds up strength and endurance not only in his Achilles but also in his legs, knees, back and core."

Bryant's initial timetable called for at least six to nine months of recovery after he was injured April 12 against Golden State. The more optimistic part would put him in play for two Lakers exhibition games in China next month, though Bryant is expected to miss the Lakers' entire eight-game preseason schedule that ends Oct. 25.

The Lakers begin the regular season Oct. 29 against the Clippers. It is unknown if Bryant will be back in time.

"We're going to avoid giving a target return date until he's doing full weight-bearing running and on-court basketball activities, at the earliest," Black said.

Bryant will be a spectator when the Lakers begin training camp Sept. 28 in El Segundo.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow/la-sp-ln-kobe-bryant-lakers-20130916,0,5860417.story#axzz2f6KzlUqw

skut_farkus
09-16-2013, 11:52 PM
Tosb rapist :lol

spurraider21
09-16-2013, 11:56 PM
Kobe quitting on his team per par

Katherine Robinson
09-17-2013, 01:08 AM
He has no excuse whatsoever to miss important pre-season games. What, did he suffer a potentially career ending injury which would send most players away for close to a year? What a bum.

Venti Quattro
09-17-2013, 01:35 AM
He has no excuse whatsoever to miss important pre-season games. What, did he suffer a potentially career ending injury which would send most players away for close to a year? What a bum.

I agree. Trade his quitting ass right now because he wouldn't play preseason games.

lefty
09-17-2013, 02:09 AM
Somebody please tell Kobe last season's 1st round is over

AchillesHeel
09-17-2013, 06:09 AM

It was just an update on his status, that he wouldn't be ready for the training camp/pre-season.

FuzzyLumpkins
09-17-2013, 09:37 AM
What are we putting the O/U for games played for Bryant this year? 40?

Katherine Robinson
09-17-2013, 12:03 PM
It was just an update on his status, that he wouldn't be ready for the training camp/pre-season.

No excuses, Kobe is quitting on his team.

AchillesHeel
09-17-2013, 12:26 PM
No excuses, Kobe is quitting on his team.

But but, :crypreseason games and training camp are meaningless:cry

spurraider21
09-17-2013, 12:36 PM

Arnold Toht
09-17-2013, 12:41 PM
lol

whitemamba
09-17-2013, 01:18 PM
fucking faggot kobe quitting on us. Especially after last years pre season disaster.

Venti Quattro
09-17-2013, 01:19 PM

Honest estimate, around 65 to 70.

Katherine Robinson
09-17-2013, 01:22 PM

Nope, they are absolutely vital. Almost as vital as his off-court legal troubles which happened almost ten years ago. This will all reflect in the boxscore.

Venti Quattro
09-17-2013, 01:24 PM
Nope, they are absolutely vital. Almost as vital as his off-court legal troubles which happened almost ten years ago. This will all reflect in the boxscore.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned :lol :lol

spurraider21
09-17-2013, 01:28 PM
fucking faggot kobe quitting on us. Especially after last years pre season disaster.

yeah your preseason was shitty last year. problem is you never flipped the reg season switch. used to be the busted playoff switch, but this is how far the Lakers have fallen

whitemamba
09-17-2013, 01:30 PM
yeah your preseason was shitty last year. problem is you never flipped the reg season switch. used to be the busted playoff switch, but this is how far the Lakers have fallen

sure yeah, thank god its still 5>4 :downspin:

spurraider21
09-17-2013, 01:30 PM
I really wish Timmy could have coattailed for 3 more...

whitemamba
09-17-2013, 01:31 PM
I really wish Timmy could have coattailed for 3 more...

your right, because its obvious he cant get it done when counted on...

StrengthAndHonor
09-17-2013, 01:32 PM
Training camp is definitely vital.

Venti Quattro
09-17-2013, 01:33 PM
Training camp is definitely vital.

Can't get in the playoffs if you miss training camp.

spurraider21
09-17-2013, 01:35 PM
your right, because its obvious he cant get it done when counted on...

can't get it done, and didn't get it done are 2 different animals. but if he was able to play second fiddle on some championship teams, that would be nice. too bad 37 year old was still the alpha when push came to shove. I guess not everybody can have the luxury kobe has. coattail for a few, yell for trade/help and get gifted another dominant big. imagine if the spurs acquired Pau in 08

whitemamba
09-17-2013, 01:43 PM
can't get it done, and didn't get it done are 2 different animals. but if he was able to play second fiddle on some championship teams, that would be nice. too bad 37 year old was still the alpha when push came to shove. I guess not everybody can have the luxury kobe has. coattail for a few, yell for trade/help and get gifted another dominant big. imagine if the spurs acquired Pau in 08

:lol

there is nothing alpha about duncan, last time kobe was in the finals, he rang... last time duncan was in the finals he choked. Duncan isnt duncan without TP, and Manure doing all the hard work.

ShowtimeFan
09-17-2013, 01:44 PM

You know how rational NBA fans hate it when Kobe-fan throws out woulda coulda crap to try to put Kobe above MJ? Ah nevermind...

spurraider21
09-17-2013, 01:50 PM
You know how rational NBA fans hate it when Kobe-fan throws out woulda coulda crap to try to put Kobe above MJ? Ah nevermind...
I don't value second fiddle rings all that much when comparing players all time. so the hypothetical I mentioned, as with kobe's coattailing success early in his career are irrelevant. point I was making was in regard to the retarded "Duncan can't get it done" take

spurraider21
09-17-2013, 01:51 PM
:lol

there is nothing alpha about duncan, last time kobe was in the finals, he rang... last time duncan was in the finals he choked. Duncan isnt duncan without TP, and Manure doing all the hard work.
yeah, just being our leading scorer and best in the NBA finals as Manu helped throw game 6 with 8 turnovers and a missed free throw, and parker going 9-35 in games 6 and 7. some hard work they were doing

whitemamba
09-17-2013, 02:13 PM
yeah, just being our leading scorer and best in the NBA finals as Manu helped throw game 6 with 8 turnovers and a missed free throw, and parker going 9-35 in games 6 and 7. some hard work they were doing

Isnt the best or alpha player supposed to make everyone around him better?

AchillesHeel
09-17-2013, 02:19 PM

And how did that work out for prime Kirby in 06, after going up 3 - 1 against the Phoenix Suns? or 2008 Finals up 20 points in Game 4, and choking the lead and losing in the clutch and losing by 39 in Game 6?

Tim Duncan this year was 37 years old and no one really expected him to be the best player on the team, he can't make Manu and Kawhi into clutch FT shooters and he can't heal Parker's injury.

whitemamba
09-17-2013, 02:22 PM
And how did that work out for prime Kirby in 06, after going up 3 - 1 against the Phoenix Suns? or 2008 Finals up 20 points in Game 4, and choking the lead and losing in the clutch and losing by 39 in Game 6?

Tim Duncan this year was 37 years old and no one really expected him to be the best player on the team, he can't make Manu and Kawhi into clutch FT shooters and he can't heal Parker's injury.

So your deflecting duncan's failure, with 2 other HOF on his roster.. but you blame kobe for losing with kwame, brian cook, smush, and luke walton?

spurraider21
09-17-2013, 02:27 PM

If Kirby was 37 and was the teams best player on both ends, I'd cut him some slack in that department.

spurraider21
09-17-2013, 02:28 PM
So your deflecting duncan's failure, with 2 other HOF on his roster.. but you blame kobe for losing with kwame, brian cook, smush, and luke walton?
in the first round vs in the finals

Holden_Caulfield
09-17-2013, 02:37 PM
its nick young's time

whitemamba
09-17-2013, 02:57 PM
If Kirby was 37 and was the teams best player on both ends, I'd cut him some slack in that department.
ok bill simmons

in the first round vs in the finals

the finals being more important no?

spurraider21
09-17-2013, 03:27 PM
ok bill simmons

the finals being more important no?
most difficult. most pressure, too. failing in the first round means you were a joke of a team. failing in the finals means you weren't as good as the champs

whitemamba
09-17-2013, 03:34 PM
most difficult. most pressure, too. failing in the first round means you were a joke of a team. failing in the finals means you weren't as good as the champs

smush, kwame, luke, cook, grant... GOOD JOB! Glad you finally realized that. whats your justification for throwing the finals away?

spurraider21
09-17-2013, 04:07 PM
smush, kwame, luke, cook, grant... GOOD JOB! Glad you finally realized that. whats your justification for throwing the finals away?

why do you never mention lamar odom? and its not like the spurs from 01-03 were exactly loaded with talent while robinson was TOSB

whitemamba
09-17-2013, 05:45 PM
why do you never mention lamar odom? and its not like the spurs from 01-03 were exactly loaded with talent while robinson was TOSB

odom saddens me. Lets not match rosters please.

Juggity
09-17-2013, 05:54 PM
last time kobe was in the finals, he rang...

To the tune of 6-and-24:::music to my ears:::MVPau

whitemamba
09-17-2013, 06:05 PM
To the tune of 6-and-24:::music to my ears:::MVPau

Could of been Artest too.

spurraider21
09-17-2013, 06:17 PM
odom saddens me. Lets not match rosters please.

:cry pls

DMC
09-17-2013, 07:10 PM
Preseason game points don't count toward the NBA totals so he doesn't give a shit. He's all about the stats, always has been. I bet as a kid he judged every player by their stats, probably thought MJ was so great because he had high scoring numbers "yo, did you see Mike last night? dude had fitty.... "

DMC
09-17-2013, 07:11 PM
Could of been Artest too.

m>s
09-17-2013, 07:15 PM
Preseason game points don't count toward the NBA totals so he doesn't give a shit. He's all about the stats, always has been. I bet as a kid he judged every player by their stats, probably thought MJ was so great because he had high scoring numbers "yo, did you see Mike last night? dude had fitty.... "

lmao stereotypical black teen

it's not so funny whenever you're playing pickup and they're on your team though

DMC
09-17-2013, 07:33 PM
Not enough to be black, not enough that he's 6'whatever in HS, not enough that his father was a pro, not enough that he grew up in Italy.... he had to sandbag HS games so he could come through in the end... supastaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Clipper Nation
09-17-2013, 10:36 PM
Just another Quit in a career full of them for Kirby, tbqh....