PDA

View Full Version : Pacers: How good is Paul George tbh?

Calispursfan11
09-17-2013, 11:38 PM
Nice dunk on Lebron in the playoffs. Fairly impressed by how good he looked throughout the playoffs, but I didn't really get a chance to watch how good this guy was all of last season and how consistent/inconsistent he was. Is he already on the highest level of superstardom with KD, Monkeybrook, Melo, Bron etc next year? If not, will he get there? Will the return of Granger make him better or worse?

m>s
09-17-2013, 11:43 PM
they'll probably move granger

Holden_Caulfield
09-17-2013, 11:47 PM
rich mans vince carter?

Rogue
09-17-2013, 11:49 PM
dude is as good as the prime smokey imho, all-round skills and solid on both ends of the floor but don't see him making any breakthroughs. Today's Granger is what George is going to turn out to be in a few years, imho, marginal superstar

Clipper Nation
09-17-2013, 11:51 PM
I like Paul George, but he's getting a bit overrated, tbh.... he's good, but a superstar? I just don't see it....

PlayNando
09-17-2013, 11:52 PM
He reminds me of Joe Johnson, tbh...

HarlemHeat37
09-18-2013, 12:07 AM
:lol OP's takes are so vanilla, tbh..

CitizenDwayne
09-18-2013, 12:14 AM
He's no 88, I'll tell you that much.

whitemamba
09-18-2013, 01:00 AM
hes good, still young, but his future is lookin real real bright.

spurraider21
09-18-2013, 01:32 AM
dude is as good as the prime smokey imho, all-round skills and solid on both ends of the floor but don't see him making any breakthroughs. Today's Granger is what George is going to turn out to be in a few years, imho, marginal superstar

you seem to overrate howard more than anybody here. george is already an alpha, something howard never was

AchillesHeel
09-18-2013, 02:03 AM
Superstar potential, already a solid all-star, a great defender (higher DWS this season than prime Kirby could ever dream of, better than any single season DWS Lebron ever had except for one year, where he only had .1 more).

PG is a solid player and a great 2nd option for any franchise, tbh. People say he's overrated, I'd say he's underrated. 17.4 7.6 and 4.1 with 1.8 stls and an above-average to good 3pt shooter, he's only like 7-8 more ppg away from putting up superstar stats, tbqh, needs to work on his scoring efficiency from inside the 3pt line though, not that great of a jumpshooter, maybe shoot less and try to go inside more, he's a great finisher at the rim.

So much potential, still very young, develop some post game and work on the mid-range J and his future is very bright, especially because the Pacers are a young team that has been doing better by the year, from conference semifinals to taking the Heat to 7 games in the ECF. In 1-2 years, preventing serious injuries and trading Granger for perhaps a decent PG and the Pacers are going to make the Finals a couple of times and they might even win 1 or 2 titles.

No one on the Pacers except D.West and Granger are even 30, this team can only get better imho.

Rogue
09-18-2013, 08:18 PM
you seem to overrate howard more than anybody here. george is already an alpha, something howard never was
I don't think i'm overrating Howard as much as most posters overrate today's rising stars, like Paul George and Leonard. Niggas definitely have the potential to do amazing things but there're possibilities as well as uncertainties. While I was in highschool I thought I would become a physics nerd but right now I'm wasting my time and parents' money on a shitty profession tbh.

and I don't think I'm underrating anyone by comparing them to the prime Josh Howard, instead it was the prime Howard who got underrated imho. Dude played alongside a top 20 player of all time and at one time there were disscussions among mavs fans as to who was the #1 of that team, Dirk or Howard. But sadly, marijuana kind of ruined his career just like how it ruined my goddess's beauty. :cry

spurraider21
09-18-2013, 08:27 PM
I don't think i'm overrating Howard as much as most posters overrate today's rising stars, like Paul George and Leonard. Niggas definitely have the potential to do amazing things but there're possibilities as well as uncertainties. While I was in highschool I thought I would become a physics nerd but right now I'm wasting my time and parents' money on a shitty profession tbh.

and I don't think I'm underrating anyone by comparing them to the prime Josh Howard, instead it was the prime Howard who got underrated imho. Dude played alongside a top 20 player of all time and at one time there were disscussions among mavs fans as to who was the #1 of that team, Dirk or Howard. But sadly, marijuana kind of ruined his career just like how it ruined my goddess's beauty. :cry

nobody ever thought howard was the #1 of that team. ever.

Calispursfan11
09-18-2013, 09:28 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that even if he was being overrated at the time, prime Howard was running pretty close to Dirk at least in the eyes of the media, back in the day tbh fwiw.

Calispursfan11
09-18-2013, 09:29 PM
I will also say that from what I can tell, current Paul George is at least a substantial notch above prime Howard in the athletics department. Overall might be another story, however.

m>s
09-18-2013, 09:43 PM
paul george is in that process of evolving and taking that next step, he'll be a star next season. maybe not a superstar on the level of durant or lebron, but a star. he was impressive these playoffs and didn't back down, he's already better than granger that's a retarded take by whoever said that.

DMC
09-18-2013, 10:22 PM
:lol OP's takes are so vanilla, tbh..

What do you think about Colgate toothpaste in the squeeze bottle? I prefer the pump, because the bottle causes me to waste too much toothpaste. What's your favorite brand of toothpicks? Do you prefer Kiwi shoe polish over others, and if so, why?

DMC
09-18-2013, 10:24 PM
From what I can tell. Might be wrong. Could be another story actually. i.e. I WILL FUCK YOUR COCK WITH MY THROAT!!.

CitizenDwayne
09-18-2013, 10:33 PM
nobody ever thought howard was the #1 of that team. ever.

Not true.

As much of a dumbass as he was, Howard could go down as one of the most underrated of his time. Who knows what he could have accomplished?

spurraider21
09-18-2013, 10:37 PM
Not true.

As much of a dumbass as he was, Howard could go down as one of the most underrated of his time. Who knows what he could have accomplished?
who cares. all we know is what he did accomplish.

CitizenDwayne
09-18-2013, 10:49 PM
who cares. all we know is what he did accomplish.

True. But there was a time we would have been talking about him, about the same way we're now talking about George.

TDMVPDPOY
09-18-2013, 11:18 PM
paul george has a better record then kome when h2h with lebron...

Calispursfan11
09-19-2013, 02:12 AM
What do you think about Colgate toothpaste in the squeeze bottle? I prefer the pump, because the bottle causes me to waste too much toothpaste. What's your favorite brand of toothpicks? Do you prefer Kiwi shoe polish over others, and if so, why?

Man I trolled you hard. Look at you. I haven't even been fucking with you recently and still...

First off the Prediction

And still months later remains the Butthurt

And now... the Obsession/butthurt endures
Just let it go tbh. I am giving you one more chance to avoid the path of darkness. Choose wisely young padawan for the wrong path will ensure your second and final demise.

OKC
09-19-2013, 08:46 AM
Yeah, the Granger comparison is pretty far off base. George is in another league. I think George is pretty legit in terms of being a top 5-7 player in the league consistently.

Phillip
09-19-2013, 10:42 AM
George is getting overrated IMO. Dude simply had a hot series against Miami, and is getting heavily overrated because of that.

He is an average shooter, awful ball handler, has horrible shot selection, and highly questionable basketball IQ.

IMO he is like Kobe if Kobe got his talent stolen Space Jam style. George is a supreme athlete, but anyone who thinks he should be considered as a top 10 player in the league are outside of their minds. His skillset needs a LOT of work.

Phillip
09-19-2013, 10:44 AM
So much potential, still very young, develop some post game and work on the mid-range J and his future is very bright, especially because the Pacers are a young team that has been doing better by the year, from conference semifinals to taking the Heat to 7 games in the ECF. In 1-2 years, preventing serious injuries and trading Granger for perhaps a decent PG and the Pacers are going to make the Finals a couple of times and they might even win 1 or 2 titles.

His natural fundamentals are so atrocious that I guarantee he won't improve his skillset too much more. He will NEVER be a particularly consistent shooter or post player. His jumpshot, footwork, and ball handling is just too flawed right now.

Phillip
09-19-2013, 10:47 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that even if he was being overrated at the time, prime Howard was running pretty close to Dirk at least in the eyes of the media, back in the day tbh fwiw.

During Howard's last good season with the Mavs, the first half of the season he was playing at a higher level than anyone on the team, including Dirk who was playing pretty bad by his standards early on. However, that was the year they made the JKidd trade, and got rid of Devin Harris, which sent Howard into an emotional downhill spiral.

But early in that season, while he was getting overrated, it was understandable why people were starting to say that he might be close to supplanting Dirk, since he was playing so well at that point, and Dirk looked like he was just terrible physically and mentally. People thought Dirk was done.

Rogue
09-19-2013, 05:54 PM
George is getting overrated IMO. Dude simply had a hot series against Miami, and is getting heavily overrated because of that.

He is an average shooter, awful ball handler, has horrible shot selection, and highly questionable basketball IQ.

IMO he is like Kobe if Kobe got his talent stolen Space Jam style. George is a supreme athlete, but anyone who thinks he should be considered as a top 10 player in the league are outside of their minds. His skillset needs a LOT of work.

His natural fundamentals are so atrocious that I guarantee he won't improve his skillset too much more. He will NEVER be a particularly consistent shooter or post player. His jumpshot, footwork, and ball handling is just too flawed right now.

During Howard's last good season with the Mavs, the first half of the season he was playing at a higher level than anyone on the team, including Dirk who was playing pretty bad by his standards early on. However, that was the year they made the JKidd trade, and got rid of Devin Harris, which sent Howard into an emotional downhill spiral.

But early in that season, while he was getting overrated, it was understandable why people were starting to say that he might be close to supplanting Dirk, since he was playing so well at that point, and Dirk looked like he was just terrible physically and mentally. People thought Dirk was done.

http://whatgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/funny-gifs-carpet-bombing.gif

Rogue
09-19-2013, 06:01 PM
TBH the prime Smokey was superior to today's Paul George in almost every category except the luxury to play as the #1 option of his team. George could be a decent #2 option on a good team, just like the prime Smokey next to Dirk like Strech said, before the JKidd trade, but you can never make a silk purse out of a sow's ears.

Ghazi
09-20-2013, 02:09 AM
Considering prime dirk is a top 5 player jho was never close to dirk.

DAF86
09-20-2013, 02:31 AM
He reminds me of Joe Johnson, tbh...

Was going to say that he could be a bit better than a Joe Johnson type of player. Haven't really seen much of him tbf, but from what I saw George is a solid player on all areas but not specially great on any. He's a number 2/3 guy on a championship team.

Captivus
09-20-2013, 08:28 AM
Great Fantasy League player.