PDA

View Full Version : Texas to offer Saban 10 mil a year?

Michael Jordan.
09-18-2013, 02:48 PM
Will Texas be looking for a new coach by the end of this College Football season. You bet, and maybe even sooner. Here’s what our source tells us about who they’ll try to replace Mack Brown with, “Texas would offer Saban 10 million a year, plus he’d also receive 2 million a year from the Long Horns Network. They’re going to go after Saban hard” said our Texas Insider. You have to admit, Saban in Texas would be pretty hard to beat.-TO

http://network.yardbarker.com/all_sports/article_external/university_of_texas_ready_to_make_nick_saban_huge_ offer/14569486

Phillip
09-18-2013, 02:49 PM
no way he leaves bama

but if he somehow does...

CFB is over as we know it. it will be the world vs texas

ChumpDumper
09-18-2013, 02:51 PM
Who even authorizes that kind of salary?

Michael Jordan.
09-18-2013, 02:53 PM
Who even authorizes that kind of salary?

Probably the pissed off brokers fed up with Mack. Saban currently makes around 5.6 mill.

Vito Corleone
09-18-2013, 05:40 PM
Keep in mind that the Texas athletic department is one of a hand full that is completely self funded. Not a penny of the AD comes from Taxes, so they can pay what they want without justification. Then you have the 2nd leg known as the Texas Exes who I'm sure will pitch in a pretty penny to make it happen.

With all that said, I'm pretty sure it won't be money that lures Saban to Austin or keeps him in Alabama. He has other considerations to look at.

BTW for that kind of coin, they could probably lure away any number of NFL coaches, but only Saban comes with the loyalty of many top notch recruits.

This will be very interesting to watch.

rjv
09-18-2013, 05:49 PM
it doesn't have to be saban. just someone who can get recruits excited about texas again. if anything saban will thank texas as bama will surely have to give him a raise this summer. he could leave though because he has been known to switch allegiances. he's not quite a larry brown but he does have a certain degree of nomad in him.

Clipper Nation
09-18-2013, 05:50 PM
If that's true, Bama might as well get his bags packed for him, since there's no way Saban and his ego could turn down that much money, tbh....

DMX7
09-18-2013, 07:55 PM
Keep in mind that the Texas athletic department is one of a hand full that is completely self funded. Not a penny of the AD comes from Taxes, so they can pay what they want without justification. Then you have the 2nd leg known as the Texas Exes who I'm sure will pitch in a pretty penny to make it happen.

With all that said, I'm pretty sure it won't be money that lures Saban to Austin or keeps him in Alabama. He has other considerations to look at.

BTW for that kind of coin, they could probably lure away any number of NFL coaches, but only Saban comes with the loyalty of many top notch recruits.

This will be very interesting to watch.

That salary offer would still has to get approved though.

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-18-2013, 08:54 PM
Yeah I was gonna say the Texas Board of Regents has to approve it regardless of if UT's program is self funded.

Twisted_Dawg
09-18-2013, 10:41 PM
The coaches are employees of the university and paid by the university. Contracts are between the coach and the university. The university would need to agree to that $10 million contract and be contractually liable to honor and pay it. Now does any person think any university could and would be able to get that approved???

It's humorous all the UT message boards and gossip coming up with these idiotic stories. They think because they are UT, they can just snap their fingers and have any coach they want. Why would Saban at age 62 want to come to a rebuilding program, gutted of talent and have to deal with a new AD he is not familar with and also have to deal with all those pompous asshole cigars? Saban to UT WILL NEVER HAPPEN.

Sisk
09-18-2013, 11:13 PM
If that's true, Bama might as well get his bags packed for him, since there's no way Saban and his ego could turn down that much money, tbh....

Or bama would just give him a raise................................

Vito Corleone
09-19-2013, 12:05 PM
The coaches are employees of the university and paid by the university. Contracts are between the coach and the university. The university would need to agree to that $10 million contract and be contractually liable to honor and pay it. Now does any person think any university could and would be able to get that approved???

It's humorous all the UT message boards and gossip coming up with these idiotic stories. They think because they are UT, they can just snap their fingers and have any coach they want. Why would Saban at age 62 want to come to a rebuilding program, gutted of talent and have to deal with a new AD he is not familar with and also have to deal with all those pompous asshole cigars? Saban to UT WILL NEVER HAPPEN.

After this season the BOR will approve anything the AD bring them. Keep in mind that this school is built on the backs and big money of a few men with statues around campus, these are the same men that will be part of the search committee. They are also a big part of the improvements happening around campus. Everyone knows this and they all listen when these men talk.

If they want this to happen and the coach wants to come, you can bet it's going to happen. Not even Rick Perry is dumb enough to cross Joe Jamil, Red McCombs, Tom Hicks, and Michael Dell, etc etc

Michael Jordan.
09-19-2013, 06:27 PM
This will fire up the rumor mill, won't it?A member of the Texas Board of Regents said that he met with Jimmy Sexton, the agent for Alabama coach Nick Saban, in January after the Crimson Tide's victory over Notre Dame in the BCS Championship.
From the AP: (http://collegefootball.ap.org/article/apnewsbreak-texas-regent-talked-sabans-agent)

Regent Wallace Hall says he spoke by telephone with Saban's agent, Jimmy Sexton, a few days after the Jan. 7 BCS championship game. Tom Hicks, a former regent, also was on the call with Sexton.
It was not clear who initiated the meeting. Sexton did not return a call seeking comment.

After talking to Saban, Hall approached current Texascoach Mack Brown about retiring according to the AP. Brown declined, and the matter "was dropped." Also in on the call, according to Hall, was former Texas Rangers (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/teams/tex) owner Tom Hicks, who was on the board when Brown was hired in 1997.

You can also expect a hasty "no comment" when this comes up at Saban's next press availability. The bet here is there's much more smoke than fire, too.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/texas-regent-talked-nick-saban-agent-coaching-longhorns-203724570--ncaaf.html

I have a boner that could destroy the galaxy.

lebomb
09-19-2013, 06:42 PM
UT ....... always finding the bitch made way out.

leemajors
09-19-2013, 07:21 PM
UT ....... always finding the bitch made way out.

what?

benefactor
09-19-2013, 07:33 PM
The plot thickens.

symple19
09-19-2013, 08:45 PM
:lol

Take him (still don't think it will happen unless a LOI drops on Bama)

Terez Hilton is not a credible source, btw

DesignatedT
09-19-2013, 10:43 PM
Michael Casagrande ?@ByCasagrande 42s
Nick Saban on Texas rumors: 'I’m just too damn old to start over somewhere else' | http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2013/09/nick_saban_on_texas_rumors_im.html …

quote:
Asked about the report by Cecil Hurt of the Tuscaloosa News, Saban said he was unaware of any contact.

"Nothing went on that I know of. I don't know about any of this stuff," Saban said. "I haven't talked to anybody about that particular situation. They have a coach there."

He continued as the cheers from the Buffalo Wild Wings audience started.

"Every year it's something. Last year it was the Cleveland Browns," Saban said. "The year before that it was somebody else, the NFL. Terry and I are very happy here in Tuscaloosa. We're really love the University of Alabama. We really feel like a part of the community here and we have a lot of good friends here."

Then he topped it off to a large round of applause.

"And, quite frankly," Saban said, "I'm just too damn old to start over somewhere else."

pgardn
09-20-2013, 12:15 AM
I hate the man.

Could he make us better, heck yes he could.
Could we win a national championship with him given time, heck yes.
But I hate the man.
I hope this is all wrong and if it is not, I hope it all falls through.

Give me another candidate who can just get us playing good football.
To hell with the championships. We are not ATM with Sherrill and Franchione.
Its like getting a younger Barry Switzer with discipline.

symple19
09-20-2013, 12:24 AM
I hate ESPN. They completely ignore the Yahoo report, but talk at length about the reported contact between Saban's agent and a UT regent

spurs1990
09-20-2013, 01:23 AM
How does horn perform so mediocre with a roster riddled with the bluest of chips recruits.

horn fans need to demand a change down in Austin.

Bill_Brasky
09-20-2013, 02:20 AM
I hate ESPN. They completely ignore the Yahoo report, but talk at length about the reported contact between Saban's agent and a UT regent

fuckin garbage. they played some clip out of context to try to make it seem like a way more realistic scenario than it really is.

The Reckoning
09-20-2013, 06:44 AM
After this season the BOR will approve anything the AD bring them. Keep in mind that this school is built on the backs and big money of a few men with statues around campus, these are the same men that will be part of the search committee. They are also a big part of the improvements happening around campus. Everyone knows this and they all listen when these men talk.

yeah like MLK, jefferson davis and cesar chavez all pitched in money :rolleyes

Michael Jordan.
09-20-2013, 09:03 AM
I hate the man.

Could he make us better, heck yes he could.
Could we win a national championship with him given time, heck yes.
But I hate the man.
I hope this is all wrong and if it is not, I hope it all falls through.

Give me another candidate who can just get us playing good football.
To hell with the championships. We are not ATM with Sherrill and Franchione.
Its like getting a younger Barry Switzer with discipline.

:lol I love how some people think he isn't spinning this shit.

Clipper Nation
09-20-2013, 09:21 AM
Nick Saban, 2013: "I’m just too damn old to start over somewhere else."

Nick Saban, 2006: "I guess I have to say it. I'm not going to be the Alabama coach."

Michael Jordan.
09-20-2013, 09:26 AM
Nick Saban, 2013: "I’m just too damn old to start over somewhere else."

Nick Saban, 2006: "I guess I have to say it. I'm not going to be the Alabama coach."
Let Brasky be the class retard. It's quite amusing :lol

Bill_Brasky
09-20-2013, 10:14 AM
crofl and you make fun of lakerfan for being deluded.

Blake
09-20-2013, 10:26 AM
If they fire Mack and hire a coach for $10 mill, that's a fuck load of money, even for UT.

Michael Jordan.
09-20-2013, 10:27 AM
crofl and you make fun of lakerfan for being deluded.

That's funny. Deluded would be taking Saban at his word when he's a proven liar. If he comes/doesn't leave, then fine. But to act like it's unrealistic is delusional given his past history.

Kermit
09-20-2013, 10:51 AM
This is just a ploy to turn up the heat on Mack. Plus, it's more of the dick measuring contest going on between Rick Perry and Bill Powers. There's no way in hell Saban ever coaches at Texas.

Michael Jordan.
09-20-2013, 11:05 AM
This is just a ploy to turn up the heat on Mack. Plus, it's more of the dick measuring contest going on between Rick Perry and Bill Powers. There's no way in hell Saban ever coaches at Texas.

Mack is already gone next year.

Kermit
09-20-2013, 11:11 AM
Mack is already gone next year.

We said that last year.

Michael Jordan.
09-20-2013, 11:14 AM
We said that last year.

None of the coaches get along with Mack or Appelwhite. The players don't believe in him. I posted an article of all the mess that is going on, saying when Dodds is stepping down, and Mack is next.