PDA

View Full Version : At last, summer ending for Popovich

ace3g
09-18-2013, 07:20 PM
“No,” he said. “You do what you do to win the game.”

If strategy doesn't haunt him, everything else does. “I think about Game 6 every day,” Popovich said. “Without exception. I think about every play. I can see LeBron's first shot, and the rebound, and the second ...”

Then he paused and said, “I've been quite lugubrious.”

http://www.expressnews.com/sports/columnists/buck_harvey/article/At-last-summer-ending-for-Popovich-4825562.php?t=f08f29f3a0ebaa2aab

ThePop
09-18-2013, 07:26 PM
I think about game 6 everyday too. It makes me sick to my stomach.
I've even dreamed about the 2014 finals where we lost in 6 games again but this time it was a blowout.

Skull-1
09-18-2013, 07:28 PM
We do what we do to win but we don't foul up three.... Hmmmmm.

xmas1997
09-18-2013, 07:28 PM
And there are those who say Pop doesn't feel bad.
The whole team does, the whole organization does, and the whole fan base does, but we get passed it, we move on, and try to learn from the mistakes so it doesn't happen again.
We do not dwell on it, nor pass blame, nor make excuses.
We suck it up and act with dignity and class as we prepare for the new season.
And hopefully if luck is with us we win it all next time.

Russ
09-18-2013, 07:43 PM
I think about game 6 everyday too. It makes me sick to my stomach.

I'd trade Game 6 for the way '08, '09, '10, '11 and '12 ended any day.

ace3g
09-18-2013, 07:53 PM

Hell I would rather have been swept in the finals.

benefactor
09-18-2013, 07:58 PM
Truth bomb. Spur fan acts like it's the end of the world to lose in the Finals to the best player on the planet. Going out early and staring at what was thought to be the end of an era was much more sobering as a fan. That creeping feeling that a great ride is ending is something that haunts you...and recapturing some of the magic of the early 00's last season was worth having to lose. I said it before and I stand by it...I wouldn't give attending Game 5 back for a title. It's one of single best sports moments in my life.

timtonymanu
09-18-2013, 08:01 PM
^ THIS. I enjoyed the Finals even with the tragic ending. I wouldn't be surprised if the Spurs made B2B finals.

benefactor
09-18-2013, 08:02 PM
:lol...don't go all gnsf now. It was a great series. No one wants to lose like they did but the Spurs took a team that was everyones favorite to the edge and almost pulled off the improbable to go with all the odds they had already beaten.

TE
09-18-2013, 08:04 PM
Can't wait to see some Spurs basketball tbh

ThePop
09-18-2013, 08:06 PM
It's not that we simply lost in the finals. It's that this was Duncan's last chance to win a final title and we lost a heartbreaker where we had about a 90% chance to win with seconds left on the clock. If I'm a Miami fan and we lose in the finals it's no big deal because LeBron is young and there's many more opportunities to come. Not for us.

Don't give me that "there's always next year" bullshit. It took a miracle to get to the finals healthy (and the westbrook injury + harden trade helped).

xmas1997
09-18-2013, 08:06 PM
:lol...don't go all gnsf now. It was a great series. No one wants to lose like they did but the Spurs took a team that was everyones favorite to the edge and almost pulled off the improbable to go with all the odds they had already beaten.

This is the truth.

Benefactor, what does going all GNSF mean?

Skull-1
09-18-2013, 08:08 PM
It's not that we simply lost in the finals. It's that this was Duncan's last chance to win a final title and we lost a heartbreaker where we had about a 90% chance to win with seconds left on the clock. If I'm a Miami fan and we lose in the finals it's no big deal because LeBron is young and there's many more opportunities to come. Not for us.

Don't give me that "there's always next year" bullshit. It took a miracle to get to the finals healthy (and the westbrook injury + harden trade helped).

benefactor
09-18-2013, 08:11 PM
Grey Name Spur Fan...a general term for fans who react emotionally or just refuse to increase their basketball acumen in any way. It's a reference to posters who have just registered and are grey(the term does not apply to all grey names though).

ace3g
09-18-2013, 08:11 PM

Maybe I just misunderstood what Russ was saying, he responded to "thepop" (who can't forget how game 6 ended) with how he would (not wouldn't) trade that with the other recent playoff exits.

I was going to expand on that by saying that it was a great series just typically you come to a conclusion during a losing series that they were the better team, never felt that vs the Heat.

But there is still a lot of positives to take from that series heading into this season.

TE
09-18-2013, 08:13 PM
just typically you come to a conclusion during a losing series that they were the better team, never felt that vs the Heat.
+1

xmas1997
09-18-2013, 08:15 PM
Maybe I just misunderstood what Russ was saying, he responded to "thepop" (who can't forget how game 6 ended) with how he would (not wouldn't) trade that with the other recent playoff exits.

I was going to expand on that by saying that it was a great series just typically you come to a conclusion during a losing series that they were the better team, never felt that vs the Heat.

But there is still a lot of positives to take from that series heading into this season.

I agree, the Heat was not the better team.
But no one can disagree that they didn't take the championship away from the Spurs who in the last few seconds was theirs to lose, and unfortunately they did, using youthful defense and offense.

ace3g
09-18-2013, 08:18 PM
Also to those that think we had an easy path to the Finals, look at the Heat past 3 years in the weak East. This season the East is much stronger, Heat could very well not get back to the Finals.

benefactor
09-18-2013, 08:18 PM

Spoiled fan take tbh. Most fans would kill to have just one of those four trophies in their home arena that you get to go look at every season. Hell, if I had to choose losing the memory of Game 5 or watching Game 6 on repeat for a week straight I'm choosing the latter every time.

Yes the loss sucked. Shit happens. Tell me that three years ago you could have predicted we would be having this conversation right now and I'd call you a fucking liar...and the ride isn't over quite yet.

Skull-1
09-18-2013, 08:20 PM

+2

benefactor
09-18-2013, 08:22 PM
The Heat was not the better team but you and I both know that's not what championships are about. They are about superstars and the Heat happen to have the best one on the planet. He made superstar level plays and they won.

ace3g
09-18-2013, 08:31 PM
Wasn't intentional (or was it, lol) but Spurs not only have their roster intact who want revenge for the '13 season but also brought in a few pieces from the East that also lost to the Heat in Jim Boylen/Jeff Ayres (Pacers) and Belinelli (Bulls).

Skull-1
09-18-2013, 08:35 PM
Wasn't intentional (or was it, lol) but Spurs not only have their roster intact who want revenge for the '13 season but also brought in a few pieces from the East that also lost to the Heat in Jim Boylen/Jeff Ayres (Pacers) and Belinelli (Bulls).

I am not confident. Last year was a perfect storm...

ThePop
09-18-2013, 08:37 PM
Spoiled fan take tbh

Sure I'll admit that. Though I'm personally confident the ride is indeed over.

Budkin
09-18-2013, 08:37 PM
I've let that shit eat at my gut all summer and I'm ready to move on to the next season. We still have a great chance to get right back there.

Skull-1
09-18-2013, 08:38 PM
Sure I'll admit that. Though I'm personally confident the ride is indeed over.

+1

Leonard and Timmy deserved better.

ThePop
09-18-2013, 08:39 PM
I've let that shit eat at my gut all summer and I'm ready to move on to the next season. We still have a great chance to get right back there.
And now I'm sick again after seeing your avatar.

silverblk mystix
09-18-2013, 08:45 PM
Popovich doesn't second-guess himself. The same coach who often preaches that the game is simple doesn't regret benching his best defender and rebounder when the Spurs needed defense and rebounding.
He needed to defend the 3-point line, and other Spurs are better at that than Tim Duncan. This also is how the Spurs played these end-of-game situations about 20 times last season.
Still, because it was Duncan, and because Duncan had done so much to get in position to win another title, does Popovich ever wish he'd given Duncan a chance to defend the lead he had helped build?

:lmao

Senility at its worst!

Ok Pop - just keep fucking the Spurs and their fans and the entire organization - and don't ever second guess yourself - just keep fuckin' everyone in the ass for your own amusement.

Asshole.

Lugubrious my huevos.

Skull-1
09-18-2013, 09:00 PM
Popovich doesn't second-guess himself. The same coach who often preaches that the game is simple doesn't regret benching his best defender and rebounder when the Spurs needed defense and rebounding.
He needed to defend the 3-point line, and other Spurs are better at that than Tim Duncan. This also is how the Spurs played these end-of-game situations about 20 times last season.
Still, because it was Duncan, and because Duncan had done so much to get in position to win another title, does Popovich ever wish he'd given Duncan a chance to defend the lead he had helped build?

Senility at its worst!

Ok Pop - just keep fucking the Spurs and their fans and the entire organization - and don't ever second guess yourself - just keep fuckin' everyone in the ass for your own amusement.

Asshole.

Lugubrious my huevos.

:toast

SpurPadre
09-18-2013, 09:52 PM
I'm sure Pop second-guesses himself but he won't reveal that to the media he loathes and give them more fodder to bother him. All I'll say is that we can still win the whole damn thing and am sure Pop and R.C. would pull a mid-season trade if it's possible and needed. One thing's for sure, this will be the longest-feeling 82 game season I can ever remember...

Ice009
09-18-2013, 10:01 PM

lol, that is interesting. Spurs have a team full of players than don't need any motivation whatsoever when going up against the Heat.

TheGreatYacht
09-18-2013, 10:06 PM
I'm so glad that Pop still thinks about Game 6 every day. UNLIKE Manu, at least Pop doesn't shrug off Game 6 as "so-and-so" or "I'm not fueled by revenge." I still wish that Pop had the decency to admit that he fucked up by leaving Manu on the floor for so long during Game 6 and taking out the greatest power forward of all time out of the line up to grab a fucking REBOUND.
And there are those who say Pop doesn't feel bad.
The whole team does, the whole organization does, and the whole fan base does, but we get passed it, we move on, and try to learn from the mistakes so it doesn't happen again.
We do not dwell on it, nor pass blame, nor make excuses.
We suck it up and act with dignity and class as we prepare for the new season.
And hopefully if luck is with us we win it all next time.Nope. Manu doesn't feel bad. Everyone on the Spurs roster is pissed and wants to come back with revenge except for Manu. Manu just wants to be with his family and be happy. He lost his passion for the game. Basketball is no longer a priority in his life. He only signed a two year contract because of the $$$.

Truth bomb. Spur fan acts like it's the end of the world to lose in the Finals to the best player on the planet. Going out early and staring at what was thought to be the end of an era was much more sobering as a fan. That creeping feeling that a great ride is ending is something that haunts you...and recapturing some of the magic of the early 00's last season was worth having to lose. I said it before and I stand by it...I wouldn't give attending Game 5 back for a title. It's one of single best sports moments in my life.Game 5... let me guess, you are either a Manutard and got goose bumps when you heard the "Manu, Manu" chants or you were just happy that the Spurs took a 3-2 lead?

Don't give me that "there's always next year" bullshit. It took a miracle to get to the finals healthy (and the westbrook injury + harden trade helped).Now that's a real truth bomb.
Spoiled fan take tbh. Most fans would kill to have just one of those four trophies in their home arena that you get to go look at every season. Hell, if I had to choose losing the memory of Game 5 or watching Game 6 on repeat for a week straight I'm choosing the latter every time.

Yes the loss sucked. Shit happens. Tell me that three years ago you could have predicted we would be having this conversation right now and I'd call you a fucking liar...and the ride isn't over quite yet.Fuck that shit. Pop and Manu are the main reason why the Spurs don't have more than 4 titles. Oh yeah, I forgot that losers are happy with 2nd place. Four titles are enough. SMH.

I'm sure Pop second-guesses himself but he won't reveal that to the media he loathes and give them more fodder to bother him. All I'll say is that we can still win the whole damn thing and am sure Pop and R.C. would pull a mid-season trade if it's possible and needed. One thing's for sure, this will be the longest-feeling 82 game season I can ever remember...I sure hope you're right.

NickiRasgo
09-18-2013, 10:22 PM
Have to disagree that the Heat had a stronger path. Heat eliminated Bucks, no offense to Bucks but they aren't a threat during the Playoffs. And then the Bulls, w/out Rose and then Deng. Then the Pacers with a limited bench and without Granger, we could easily beat them IMO. Bulls are like the Lakers on us. The way GSW playing as well during the Playoffs, they can even beat the Heat but still a toss up and the same with the Grizzlies.

And yeah, I still think Game 6 everyday and still hurts.

Skull-1
09-18-2013, 10:28 PM
I'm so glad that Pop still thinks about Game 6 every day. UNLIKE Manu, at least Pop doesn't shrug off Game 6 as "so-and-so" or "I'm not fueled by revenge." I still wish that Pop had the decency to admit that he fucked up by leaving Manu on the floor for so long during Game 6 and taking out the greatest power forward of all time out of the line up to grab a fucking REBOUND.

Nope. Manu doesn't feel bad. Everyone on the Spurs roster is pissed and wants to come back with revenge except for Manu. Manu just wants to be with his family and be happy. He lost his passion for the game. Basketball is no longer a priority in his life. He only signed a two year contract because of the $$$.

Game 5... let me guess, you are either a Manutard and got goose bumps when you heard the "Manu, Manu" chants or you were just happy that the Spurs took a 3-2 lead?

Now that's a real truth bomb.

Fuck that shit. Pop and Manu are the main reason why the Spurs don't have more than 4 titles. Oh yeah, I forgot that losers are happy with 2nd place. Four titles are enough. SMH.
I sure hope you're right.

Bomb away.....

*Mushroom Cloud*

CitizenDwayne
09-18-2013, 10:29 PM
Thank God we're coming close to a new season.

And as much as losing sucked, we were part of one of the greatest Finals series in recent years. Look at it that way. The Heat stepped up and won that shit. We still have a chance at redemption, though. Maybe.

TE
09-18-2013, 10:31 PM
If the Heat make it out of the Eastern Conference I give them props tbh (despite playing in a wack division). The East has gotten ridiculously top heavy.

spurraider21
09-18-2013, 10:33 PM
Fouling up 3 would have been retarded because we had just missed a free throw. why get into a free throw shootout. just play them for the 3 ball and get the rebound.fouling on the rebound, is a different story

rayray2k8
09-18-2013, 10:33 PM
I think the majority of us are there with you. The loss of the finals will never be forgotten, but once the season starts again, we'll all soon start to forget and look more forward into the season.

CitizenDwayne
09-18-2013, 10:40 PM
Enough of this talk of Manu, one of the greatest competitors we've ever seen, content with defeat. Give it up, please.

And I don't really see the East as being that much better. The Nets will not live up to the hype, in my opinion.

Skull-1
09-18-2013, 11:29 PM
Fouling up 3 would have been retarded because we had just missed a free throw. why get into a free throw shootout. just play them for the 3 ball and get the rebound.fouling on the rebound, is a different story
Because they only get to shoot two. Hell, up six foul.

Skull-1
09-18-2013, 11:30 PM
Enough of this talk of Manu, one of the greatest competitors we've ever seen, content with defeat. Give it up, please.

And I don't really see the East as being that much better. The Nets will not live up to the hype, in my opinion.

Formerly great competitor.

Ice009
09-18-2013, 11:34 PM
The Spurs should have fouled Lebron up 5 IMO. He can be a shaky free throw shooter, that would have been much better IMO than giving him two wide open 3s. If he makes both, and we are fouled and only hit 1 of 2 again, Spurs would have still had a 4 point lead when Allen was taking that 3. Spurs could have fouled on both of the Heat's last two possessions. If Lebron missed free throws that would have really gotten into his head. Spurs let them off the hook and tossed this Championship away in so many ways.

xmas1997
09-18-2013, 11:38 PM
I really hope Manu makes a lot of these jackasses eat some major crow this year.
That would give me some great pleasure.
Then I will remember some of their names and rub it constantly over and over and over again in their faces like they are doing to us now.

Skull-1
09-18-2013, 11:55 PM
The Spurs should have fouled Lebron up 5 IMO. He can be a shaky free throw shooter, that would have been much better IMO than giving him two wide open 3s. If he makes both, and we are fouled and only hit 1 of 2 again, Spurs would have still had a 4 point lead when Allen was taking that 3. Spurs could have fouled on both of the Heat's last two possessions. If Lebron missed free throws that would have really gotten into his head. Spurs let them off the hook and tossed this Championship away in so many ways.

Up five. Six. I forgot tbh. But this is what I meant. "We don't do that!" said Pop.

Skull-1
09-18-2013, 11:55 PM
I really hope Manu makes a lot of these jackasses eat some major crow this year.
That would give me some great pleasure.
Then I will remember some of their names and rub it constantly over and over and over again in their faces like they are doing to us now.

Not gonna happen. He is finished.

xmas1997
09-19-2013, 12:06 AM
The best have a way of coming back when we least expect it, like TD.
We will see who has the last laugh.
At least I don't post over and over again the same tired monotony of how Manu is washed up in every single thread no matter what the subject is like we must be convinced of boring drivel.

CitizenDwayne
09-19-2013, 12:09 AM
Formerly great competitor.

You, sir, are a troll. And you will be eating some big ass crow soon. Js.

xmas1997
09-19-2013, 12:15 AM

Watch out, CD, you're feeding the trolls. It's easy to get caught up in trying to educate them when they are just plain too ignorant to realize how ignorant they really are. Only a wise man can see his ignorance, and wisdom is the furthest thing from their reality.

ace3g
09-19-2013, 12:16 AM
OT but Spurs should be on this NBATV special: NB90s vol 4, on right now, nearing the end, talking about Bulls/Sonics series right now.

benefactor
09-19-2013, 07:05 AM
I'm so glad that Pop still thinks about Game 6 every day. UNLIKE Manu, at least Pop doesn't shrug off Game 6 as "so-and-so" or "I'm not fueled by revenge." I still wish that Pop had the decency to admit that he fucked up by leaving Manu on the floor for so long during Game 6 and taking out the greatest power forward of all time out of the line up to grab a fucking REBOUND. Nope. Manu doesn't feel bad. Everyone on the Spurs roster is pissed and wants to come back with revenge except for Manu. Manu just wants to be with his family and be happy. He lost his passion for the game. Basketball is no longer a priority in his life. He only signed a two year contract because of the $$$.
Game 5... let me guess, you are either a Manutard and got goose bumps when you heard the "Manu, Manu" chants or you were just happy that the Spurs took a 3-2 lead? Now that's a real truth bomb. Fuck that shit. Pop and Manu are the main reason why the Spurs don't have more than 4 titles. Oh yeah, I forgot that losers are happy with 2nd place. Four titles are enough. SMH.

Benefactor, what does going all GNSF mean?
Exhibit A. Some are fun to go back and forth with...mostly out of boredom...but in the case of this one he's is not worth the time.

lol

didn't read

kobyz
09-19-2013, 07:19 AM

This, whoever not feeling like this it mean he doesn't have feelings or is not a true spurs fan, cause winning that title would have been the brightest and the most unreal dream getting realize, would have been more than heaven, we had all of this in our hands and let it slipp away... So for this me and Pop will be forever lugubrious and hurt like no one could imagine for the rest of our life...

silverblk mystix
09-19-2013, 08:20 AM
I'm so glad that Pop still thinks about Game 6 every day. UNLIKE Manu, at least Pop doesn't shrug off Game 6 as "so-and-so" or "I'm not fueled by revenge." I still wish that Pop had the decency to admit that he fucked up by leaving Manu on the floor for so long during Game 6 and taking out the greatest power forward of all time out of the line up to grab a fucking REBOUND. Nope. Manu doesn't feel bad. Everyone on the Spurs roster is pissed and wants to come back with revenge except for Manu. Manu just wants to be with his family and be happy. He lost his passion for the game. Basketball is no longer a priority in his life. He only signed a two year contract because of the $$$.
Game 5... let me guess, you are either a Manutard and got goose bumps when you heard the "Manu, Manu" chants or you were just happy that the Spurs took a 3-2 lead? Now that's a real truth bomb. Fuck that shit. Pop and Manu are the main reason why the Spurs don't have more than 4 titles. Oh yeah, I forgot that losers are happy with 2nd place. Four titles are enough. SMH.

Only thing to add to the Manu - "softness issue" is that Manu used to be a warrior. Win at all costs.

Then Pop infected him.

This is the reason why I stopped believing in Pop years ago.

If you want a team with nice people, an evolved coach with a great sense of perspective - then the Spurs get the "miss congeniality" world title!

If you want to win championships in NBA BASKETBALL ---

fuck all that nice/evolved/life perspective shit ---

Give me a ballbreaker/bastard/burn the candle at both ends/do or die/winning is everything motherfucker -- as a coach and a few asshole players who will win at any cost and fight like warriors and get rings - instead of these nice "evolved great family man" pussies that Pop has groomed.

Spurs are nice guys and the 2nd place finish is the most they will ever accomplish.

xmas1997
09-19-2013, 08:41 AM
Only thing to add to the Manu - "softness issue" is that Manu used to be a warrior. Win at all costs.

Then Pop infected him.

This is the reason why I stopped believing in Pop years ago.

If you want a team with nice people, an evolved coach with a great sense of perspective - then the Spurs get the "miss congeniality" world title!

If you want to win championships in NBA BASKETBALL ---

fuck all that nice/evolved/life perspective shit ---

Give me a ballbreaker/bastard/burn the candle at both ends/do or die/winning is everything motherfucker -- as a coach and a few asshole players who will win at any cost and fight like warriors and get rings - instead of these nice "evolved great family man" pussies that Pop has groomed.

Spurs are nice guys and the 2nd place finish is the most they will ever accomplish.

Not entirely accurate. They have been nice guys or better yet players with character, all through the Pop TD era and they have 4 championships so far to show for it. 3/4ths of the league wold love to change places with them.

silverblk mystix
09-19-2013, 09:11 AM
Not entirely accurate. They have been nice guys or better yet players with character, all through the Pop TD era and they have 4 championships so far to show for it. 3/4ths of the league wold love to change places with them.

Here is the difference right here - and what you are espousing is the same loser philosophy garbage that this coach has brought.

#1 - What you just said==which is basically -- "we already won- let us get fat and happy and content and satisfied!"

#2 - "Four rings? Big fuckin' deal - what the fuck have you done for me lately? Not a fuckin' thing - let's go out and get ten more and if you aren't down with this - GTFO and go play for some fat content bastards - like the Spurs!!!!!!"

Big difference.

The Celtics and the Lakers and their fans will understand this. MJ and the Bulls understand this.

kobyz
09-19-2013, 09:48 AM
Xmas1997 is not worth a comment, he is the biggest pussy and sanctified person on planet...

xmas1997
09-19-2013, 10:26 AM
Here is the difference right here - and what you are espousing is the same loser philosophy garbage that this coach has brought.

#1 - What you just said==which is basically -- "we already won- let us get fat and happy and content and satisfied!"
#2 - "Four rings? Big fuckin' deal - what the fuck have you done for me lately? Not a fuckin' thing - let's go out and get ten more and if you aren't down with this - GTFO and go play for some fat content bastards - like the Spurs!!!!!!"
Big difference.
The Celtics and the Lakers and their fans will understand this. MJ and the Bulls understand this.

I never said that they weren't spoiled by success, they may very well have been. You could even go so far as to say they were "content".
But I seriously doubt they were satisfied, they played too hard for that to be the case. There is a great deal of luck involved in winning a championship, ask anyone if you don't believe me. And my rebuttal was not meant to offend you, rather point out some holes in your assessment.
Regardless, if you feel this way about the Spurs, then take your own advice and become a fan of those other teams. I'm sure they will welcome you with open arms. I'll stick with the Spurs, thank you very much!

Xmas1997 is not worth a comment, he is the biggest pussy and sanctified person on planet...

And your post, kobyz, is totally inflammatory and contentious, thus not worth wasting a post by itself to respond to it.:hat

Skull-1
09-19-2013, 11:00 AM

Manu will play worse as he ages. Mark it down. I would be happy to be wrong, but I am not.

Skull-1
09-19-2013, 11:02 AM
SBM and kobyz with the truth bombs.

szkorhetz
09-19-2013, 11:14 AM
Would someone please make a facebook cover photo about 28.2 s? Something Spurs style, or anything. I would love it. Thanks.
I will never forget that game. Best game I've ever seen. Warriors game 1 is close, just like the Timmy game tying three against the Suns.

benefactor
09-19-2013, 11:14 AM
SBM and kobyz with the truth bombs.
You just agreed with two of the dumbest individuals to ever construct a sentence. Congrats.

xmas1997
09-19-2013, 11:21 AM
You just agreed with two of the dumbest individuals to ever construct a sentence. Congrats.

I was about to post the same thing, but you beat me to it.
Besides, it's best if I don't quote those two trolls otherwise I'm accused of feeding them further. :lol

TheGreatYacht
09-19-2013, 11:24 AM
Only thing to add to the Manu - "softness issue" is that Manu used to be a warrior. Win at all costs.Then Pop infected him.This is the reason why I stopped believing in Pop years ago.If you want a team with nice people, an evolved coach with a great sense of perspective - then the Spurs get the "miss congeniality" world title!If you want to win championships in NBA BASKETBALL ---fuck all that nice/evolved/life perspective shit ---Give me a ballbreaker/bastard/burn the candle at both ends/do or die/winning is everything motherfucker -- as a coach and a few asshole players who will win at any cost and fight like warriors and get rings - instead of these nice "evolved great family man" pussies that Pop has groomed.Spurs are nice guys and the 2nd place finish is the most they will ever accomplish.LMAO. Not only has Pop infected the team with his "evolved great family man" attitude, he has also infected the majority of folks here on ST. I mean just look at all the Popsuckers and Manutards. PTR is even worst! That place is infested with homers.

According to most folks here on ST, anyone that isn't happy with 4 tittles is a spoiled little bastard. Anyone that criticizes Manu about Game 6 is a hater or troll.

The biggest hope for all Spurs fans is that TD and Kawhi remain immune to Pop's disease.

As for TP, I don't think he's infected yet. He just gets shut down whenever he's guarded by someone bigger as most PG's do. Add to that his hamstring injury. TP was the main reason why the Spurs had a 6 pt lead with 28 seconds to go in Game 6 even though he played like garbage throughout the game.

Skull-1
09-19-2013, 11:34 AM

They can't be the two dumbest because you and another unnamed poster take that title.

A broken clock is right twice a day, so even if kobyz and Sbm are wrong a lot (I don't agree that they are) they're right this time.

Skull-1
09-19-2013, 11:37 AM
LMAO. Not only has Pop infected the team with his "evolved great family man" attitude, he has also infected the majority of folks here on ST. I mean just look at all the Popsuckers and Manutards. PTR is even worst! That place is infested with homers.

According to most folks here on ST, anyone that isn't happy with 4 tittles is a spoiled little bastard. Anyone that criticizes Manu about Game 6 is a hater or troll.

The biggest hope for all Spurs fans is that TD and Kawhi remain immune to Pop's disease.

As for TP, I don't think he's infected yet. He just gets shut down whenever he's guarded by someone bigger as most PG's do. Add to that his hamstring injury. TP was the main reason why the Spurs had a 6 pt lead with 28 seconds to go in Game 6 even though he played like garbage throughout the game.

Yeah, Pop's philosophy about there being worse things than losing sucks. Can you imagine Lombardi saying that? WINNING ISN'T EVERYTHING. IT IS THE ONLY THING.

"Remember boys... No points for second place." - Slider

Russ
09-19-2013, 11:46 AM
Yeah, Pop's philosophy about there being worse things than losing sucks. Can you imagine Lombardi saying that? WINNING ISN'T EVERYTHING. IT IS THE ONLY THING.

In basketball -- as in life -- true joy comes from being fully present in each and every moment, not just when things are going your way.

PHIL JACKSON, Sacred Hoops

So said he with 11 titles [most in history].

Skull-1
09-19-2013, 11:48 AM
PHIL JACKSON, Sacred Hoops

So said he with 11 titles [most in history].

Zen Master Eastern Hippie Bullsh-t.

xmas1997
09-19-2013, 12:12 PM
Phil Jackson and Marc Cuban, both suck. Can't say it any plainer than that.

SenorSpur
09-19-2013, 12:32 PM
Not gonna happen. He is finished.

Consideing Manu's age and diminished skill set, I highly doubt that he will be making anyone eat crow. It's so obvious that, while he may exhibit flashes of his well-known competitive brilliance, there is little chance that he'll be able to play at the level he's been accustomed to. I hate to admit it, but from what I've seen, he looks done. I hope I'm wrong.

Besides, the player is always the last to know. I just hope that he will dial down the unforced turnovers and play a more cerebral-type game. Of course, this is Manu we're talking about, so I don't expect that to happen.

xmas1997
09-19-2013, 12:44 PM
Consideing Manu's age and diminished skill set, I highly doubt that he will be making anyone eat crow. It's so obvious that, while he may exhibit flashes of his well-known competitive brilliance, there is little chance that he'll be able to play at the level he's been accustomed to. I hate to admit it, but from what I've seen, he looks done. I hope I'm wrong.

Besides, the player is always the last to know. I just hope that he will dial down the unforced turnovers and play a more cerebral-type game. Of course, this is Manu we're talking about, so I don't expect that to happen.

I also hope you're wrong.
IMHO he will he will prove a lot of his doubters wrong.
Even though he has never been my favorite Spur, I appreciate his past accomplishments, and give him the benefit of the doubt in the future.

racm
09-19-2013, 01:04 PM
All you STers who wanted to call out Pop should realize his daughter already did so:

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/19/popovich-said-hes-not-over-game-6-yet-but-daughters-sharp-words-helped/

SenorSpur
09-19-2013, 01:08 PM
I also hope you're wrong.
IMHO he will he will prove a lot of his doubters wrong.
Even though he has never been my favorite Spur, I appreciate his past accomplishments, and give him the benefit of the doubt in the future.

I error on the side of pessimism because this type of decline happens to all athletes. Manu is starting to exhibit those signs - frequent injuries, declining numbers, loss of quickness, inability to defend. Again, the athlete is usually the last to know.

timtonymanu
09-19-2013, 01:11 PM
People were saying the Spurs blew an opportunity in 2012 but they came back the next year and nearly won. Its not stupid to believe they can get even farther in 2014. I honestly think we will have an upgraded roster next year.

racm
09-19-2013, 01:17 PM
People were saying the Spurs blew an opportunity in 2012 but they came back the next year and nearly won. Its not stupid to believe they can get even farther in 2014. I honestly think we will have an upgraded roster next year.

Belinelli > Neal...

The Artist Formerly Known As Pendergraph ~= Blair

the young guns should improve

Manu getting old matters less when Leonard and to a lesser extent Green/Splitter can compensate

ace3g
09-19-2013, 01:31 PM
Belinelli > Neal...

Manu getting old matters less when Leonard and to a lesser extent Green/Splitter can compensate

Belinelli adds another playmaker and not just a shooter (as good as Neal could be at times, he was just a shooter, never looked to attack the basket).

Spurs now have Parker, Manu, Kawhi (more offensive responsibilities), Diaw (new aggressive Diaw), and Belinelli who can make plays off the dribble.

Budkin
09-19-2013, 01:40 PM
Pick up a halfway decent SF backup and we're good to go.

TheGreatYacht
09-19-2013, 01:41 PM
All you STers who wanted to call out Pop should realize his daughter already did so:

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/19/popovich-said-hes-not-over-game-6-yet-but-daughters-sharp-words-helped/Good read tbh. This article kind of changes the perspective I have of Pop. Hopefully the heartbreaking Game 6 loss can help Pop regain a little bit of his mojo and can somewhat be like "The Old Pop" and win a 5th championship. The new Pop is senile.

Unfortunately, I can't say the same for Manu. The guy is done! He's only playing for $$$. RC Buford begged him not to retire by waving that $14.5 M check. BTW, :lol at you ppl hoping that I eat crow. Keep dreaming. I'd love to eat crow though. I'll be the first one on the dinner table.

xmas1997
09-19-2013, 01:47 PM
I error on the side of pessimism because this type of decline happens to all athletes. Manu is starting to exhibit those signs - frequent injuries, declining numbers, loss of quickness, inability to defend. Again, the athlete is usually the last to know.

This is basically correct, it happens to all of us, athlete or not, although many times an athlete can compensate for loss with knowledge and smarts.
This is the sort of debate that has made ST the gold standard of sports forums because we can have differing opinions and still be persuaded to see other rational points of views, maybe even change our opinions.
And this is what I enjoy the most about this site along with all the information I've found out here through the years.
It gladdens my heart that finally more and more of the saner, more rational, and intelligent realistic posters are coming out of the woodwork and putting in their two cents worth.
Because lately this site has been grossly plagued with the opposite to the extent of trollish juveniles.
To play devils' advocate on the side of pessimism is cool and informative. Plus it shows rationality and maturity.
I like taking the optimistic approach for the most part.
I applaud your post and actually learned something. Thank you!

Skull-1
09-19-2013, 01:56 PM
I error on the side of pessimism because this type of decline happens to all athletes. Manu is starting to exhibit those signs - frequent injuries, declining numbers, loss of quickness, inability to defend. Again, the athlete is usually the last to know. I hope you are wrong, but I suspect you aren't.

Skull-1
09-19-2013, 01:57 PM
Belinelli > Neal...

Manu getting old matters less when Leonard and to a lesser extent Green/Splitter can compensateCorrection: Next season Belinelli > Neal > Manu

Skull-1
09-19-2013, 01:58 PM
Unfortunately, I can't say the same for Manu. The guy is done! He's only playing for $$$. RC Buford begged him not to retire by waving that $14.5 M check. BTW, :lol at you ppl hoping that I eat crow. Keep dreaming. I'd love to eat crow though. I'll be the first one on the dinner table.
I am stealing this line from someone else, but it is so funny: "OPERATION HISPANIC OUTREACH MUST CONTINUE". LOL

SenorSpur
09-19-2013, 02:31 PM
This is basically correct, it happens to all of us, athlete or not, although many times an athlete can compensate for loss with knowledge and smarts.
This is the sort of debate that has made ST the gold standard of sports forums because we can have differing opinions and still be persuaded to see other rational points of views, maybe even change our opinions.
And this is what I enjoy the most about this site along with all the information I've found out here through the years.
It gladdens my heart that finally more and more of the saner, more rational, and intelligent realistic posters are coming out of the woodwork and putting in their two cents worth.
Because lately this site has been grossly plagued with the opposite to the extent of trollish juveniles.
To play devils' advocate on the side of pessimism is cool and informative. Plus it shows rationality and maturity.
I like taking the optimistic approach for the most part.
I applaud your post and actually learned something. Thank you!

Much appreciated!

SenorSpur
09-19-2013, 02:39 PM
http://www.expressnews.com/sports/columnists/buck_harvey/article/At-last-summer-ending-for-Popovich-4825562.php?t=f08f29f3a0ebaa2aab

I will add this: I am glad that Game 6 continues to haunt Pop and even more pleased that he admitted it.

While I never expected him to publically second-guess himself, I'm glad that the loss bothers him as much or more than it bothers the fan faithful.

Every year, it seems for each championship contender, there are certain conditions, a lot of talent, and a bit of luck that factors into their run. In addition to their stellar play, the Spurs certainly had several breaks that went their way. While their chances of getting back to the Finals are very probable, there are so many other factors that make that goal less than certain.

Spur|n|Austin
09-19-2013, 02:48 PM

kobyz
09-19-2013, 06:10 PM
Belinelli adds another playmaker and not just a shooter (as good as Neal could be at times, he was just a shooter, never looked to attack the basket).

Spurs now have Parker, Manu, Kawhi (more offensive responsibilities), Diaw (new aggressive Diaw), and Belinelli who can make plays off the dribble.

Belinelli playmaking ability doesn't translate to nba level of game, his playmaking ability is better than Neal but is irrelevant for us, for the role Neal played for us he is much better than Beli...

ace3g
09-19-2013, 06:23 PM
Belinelli playmaking ability doesn't translate to nba level of game, his playmaking ability is better than Neal but is irrelevant for us, for the role Neal played for us he is much better than Beli...

Beli has more ways to keep the defense honest coming off screens: Neal is a more explosive scorer but I believe Beli will be more consistent in the Spurs system.

Skull-1
09-19-2013, 08:22 PM
Well we need someone to offset Manu's decline in desire, ability, and decision making. I hope Beli is it but I have a feeling we are putting too much hope in him. But as bad as Manu sucks now, hope is all we have. Of course, that didn't work out so well with Nobama, so I am not expecting it to with the Spurs either.

PlayNando
09-19-2013, 08:27 PM
It's fucking sad how obsessed Skull and TGY are about Manu. They are homosexually attracted to the man. I guarantee it.

It's pretty pathetic, though. A mental illness for sure. They both should probably be institutionalized in a maximum security insane asylum. Maybe a lobotomy would help?

Skull-1
09-19-2013, 08:45 PM
It's fucking sad how obsessed Skull and TGY are about Manu. They are homosexually attracted to the man. I guarantee it.

It's pretty pathetic, though. A mental illness for sure. They both should probably be institutionalized in a maximum security insane asylum. Maybe a lobotomy would help? It's f**king sad how obsessed PlayNado is about Skull-1 and TGY. He is homosexually attracted to those men. I guarantee it.

It's pretty pathetic, though. A mental illness for sure. He should probably be institutionalized in a maximum security insane asylum. Maybe a lobotomy would help?

TD 21
09-19-2013, 08:48 PM
Spur fan acts like it's the end of the world to lose in the Finals to the best player on the planet.

It it when you lose the way they did . . . but maybe you can tell us all for the umpteenth time that, because they've won four championship and it was difficult to envision them winning another from '09-'11, we're spoiled and should just be content watching a team that's clearly capable of winning a championship continue to come up with new, unexpected ways to disappoint.

Skull-1
09-19-2013, 08:50 PM
It it when you lose the way they did . . . but maybe you can tell us all for the umpteenth time that, because they've won four championship and it was difficult to envision them winning another from '09-'11, we're spoiled and should just be content watching a team that's clearly capable of winning a championship continue to come up with new, unexpected ways to disappoint. HELLSYEAH!!!

benefactor
09-19-2013, 08:53 PM
It it when you lose the way they did . . . but maybe you can tell us all for the umpteenth time that, because they've won four championship and it was difficult to envision them winning another from '09-'11, we're spoiled and should just be content watching a team that's clearly capable of winning a championship continue to come up with new, unexpected ways to disappoint.
You are spoiled. Happy, faggot?

Skull-1
09-19-2013, 08:55 PM
You are spoiled. Happy, faggot?
No, but you are an annoying, self-righteous douchebag that thinks he is the oldest guy on this forum and thus has some "insight". STFU.

benefactor
09-19-2013, 08:58 PM
Oh no...more sick burn from the Bible Answer Guy. Go feed your penis to a 12yr old, Koresh.

Skull-1
09-19-2013, 09:05 PM
Oh no...more sick burn from the Bible Answer Guy. Go feed your penis to a 12yr old, Koresh. Obviously you haven't been paying attention. LIARS (catholic priests, youth ministers, christian evangelists, and malefactors--none of which I am, thankyouvermuchjerkoff) do little boys (so do you apparently, otherwise, why bring it up? Sicko!). Apostles don't commit sin. Bring it azzhole. You don't scare me a bit. Bitch.

Brunodf
09-19-2013, 09:06 PM
He should.

1- Pop didn't play Kawhi enough

2- Overplayed scrub Neal after fools gold game 3.

3- Panicked about the Mike Miller "adjustment" playing small

4- Benched Timmy for Diaw when we just needed one single rebound to win the championship.

5- Overplayed Manu when he clearly wasn't on a good day.

6- Destroyed the regular rotation.

HI-FI
09-19-2013, 10:08 PM
I will add this: I am glad that Game 6 continues to haunt Pop and even more pleased that he admitted it.

While I never expected him to publically second-guess himself, I'm glad that the loss bothers him as much or more than it bothers the fan faithful.

Every year, it seems for each championship contender, there are certain conditions, a lot of talent, and a bit of luck that factors into their run. In addition to their stellar play, the Spurs certainly had several breaks that went their way. While their chances of getting back to the Finals are very probable, there are so many other factors that make that goal less than certain.
i'll admit, i was a little pissed hearing Pop not second guess himself in that article. his stubbornness (while telling others to get over themselves) brings out my inner silverblack mystix. still, some of the other stuff he said in there was good. That quote from his daughter was right on the money. I'm glad it's haunting him. I don't like how he handled the loss at first, giving Lebron the bedroom eyes, making that one reporter feel stupid (per par) by saying "that's a European question". Hopefully this loss has humbled him a bit, or at least lit a huge fire under his ass to do the best he can with the time him and TD have left.

I don't think there is anything bad about second guessing yourself. Hopefully he has, and hopefully he's just being stubborn to the media so they don't run with it. All that matters is the players trust in him, so hopefully he can confide in them that he had his share of mistakes as well.

I agree on your points about Manu above. good stuff. I didn't like the last two contracts because I think the decline and unreliability has been obvious for awhile now, but it's done so hopefully Manu can help us in some fashion win a ring again.

Skull-1
09-19-2013, 10:12 PM
i'll admit, i was a little pissed hearing Pop not second guess himself in that article. his stubbornness (while telling others to get over themselves) brings out my inner silverblack mystix. still, some of the other stuff he said in there was good. That quote from his daughter was right on the money. I'm glad it's haunting him. I don't like how he handled the loss at first, giving Lebron the bedroom eyes, making that one reporter feel stupid (per par) by saying "that's a European question". Hopefully this loss has humbled him a bit, or at least lit a huge fire under his ass to do the best he can with the time him and TD have left.

I don't think there is anything bad about second guessing yourself. Hopefully he has, and hopefully he's just being stubborn to the media so they don't run with it. All that matters is the players trust in him, so hopefully he can confide in them that he had his share of mistakes as well.

I agree on your points about Manu above. good stuff. I didn't like the last two contracts because I think the decline and unreliability has been obvious for awhile now, but it's done so hopefully Manu can help us in some fashion win a ring again.
Amazingly great post, Hi-Fi. Right on about Manu. As for second-guessing... I always debrief with my crew after every flight. We hash out the mistakes. The things that went wrong or could have been better. No ego. "Glad to be here." And we use that to get better. Hopefully Pop will, too...but I am afraid we wasted a miracle season, particularly the Tim resurgence.

PlayNando
09-19-2013, 10:28 PM
It's f**king sad how obsessed PlayNado is about Skull-1 and TGY. He is homosexually attracted to those men. I guarantee it.

It's pretty pathetic, though. A mental illness for sure. He should probably be institutionalized in a maximum security insane asylum. Maybe a lobotomy would help?
Aw, you're so original. Did you come up with that spiel of bullshit yourself?

Oh, wait, no... you stole it from me. It just shows how stupid you are and how smart I am.

lefty
09-19-2013, 11:15 PM
Hey Pop

Fuck you

weeks
09-19-2013, 11:58 PM
Obviously you haven't been paying attention. LIARS (catholic priests, youth ministers, christian evangelists, and malefactors--none of which I am, thankyouvermuchjerkoff) do little boys (so do you apparently, otherwise, why bring it up? Sicko!). Apostles don't commit sin. Bring it azzhole. You don't scare me a bit. Bitch.

it's funny how un-jesus-like the most hardcore christians are.
jesus would find them appalling.

xmas1997
09-20-2013, 12:00 AM
It's called being hypocritical.

Skull-1
09-20-2013, 12:04 AM
it's funny how un-jesus-like the most hardcore christians are.
jesus would find them appalling.
Exactly. Jesus was pretty harsh on people, but He did it by God's standards. He was very sympathetic to the repentant.

Skull-1
09-20-2013, 12:04 AM
It's called being hypocritical. And you have a PhD in that. Jackass.

weeks
09-20-2013, 12:06 AM
Exactly. Jesus was pretty harsh on people, but He did it by God's standards. He was very sympathetic to the repentant.
Somehow I doubt Jesus got his temper all riled up and called people bitches and tried to pick a fight to prove how tough he was.

Skull-1
09-20-2013, 12:09 AM
Somehow I doubt Jesus got his temper all riled up and called people bitches and tried to pick a fight to prove how tough he was. Nah. He called them vipers, Satan, hypocrites, devils, evil, wretched, poor, blind, naked, and so forth... God called them whores, whoremongers that banged donkeys/horses, fools....etc.. You are out of your league. Don't even try it.

xmas1997
09-20-2013, 12:09 AM
Tell you what.
You stop.
And I'll stop.
Then we can put this thread to bed where it belongs.
It's become boring to most, not just to me.
Just like that one on theology downstairs has become.
It takes two to tango, dude.

Skull-1
09-20-2013, 12:10 AM
Tell you what.
You stop.
And I'll stop.
Then we can put this thread to bed where it belongs.
It's become boring to most, not just to me.
Just like that one on theology downstairs has become.
It takes two to tango, dude. I will stop with you.... Just don't butt in if I have to slash some idiot to pieces. Let him get what he asks for.

xmas1997
09-20-2013, 12:13 AM
I was actually referring to the "feud" thread, not this one.
Like an idiot I posted in this one by mistake.
You game?

anakha
09-20-2013, 12:26 AM
Hallelujah.

xmas1997
09-20-2013, 12:28 AM
Hallelujah.

Don't get too excited, he hasn't agreed to that one yet.

PlayNando
09-20-2013, 12:35 AM

Don't get too excited, he hasn't agreed to that one yet.
And he won't. Skull is a racist liar.

weeks
09-20-2013, 01:47 AM
Nah. He called them vipers, Satan, hypocrites, devils, evil, wretched, poor, blind, naked, and so forth... God called them whores, whoremongers that banged donkeys/horses, fools....etc.. You are out of your league. Don't even try it.

Yes, he did this to people out of a desire to lead them to a better place.
You're doing it because you're filled with pride and masculine 'macho' response, a desire to hurt someone to prove your superiority. A common failing in men, but in someone such as yourself, especially contemptible.

I know a little bit about pride, and I know it precedes the fall.

ElNono
09-20-2013, 02:54 AM
I'm not even mad at the last two seasons... after losing in the 1st round to Memphis and getting swept by the Suns the next season, you seriously needed to wonder if this team even had a future anymore. The last two seasons gave us the emergence of Kawhi and Duncan's revival. Loved every minute of it. It's a game, sometimes you have enough and win, sometimes you don't, sometimes the ball bounces your way (Memorial day miracle), sometimes it doesn't (Game 6). But the last two seasons this team has shown they can compete against anybody in this league, and what more could you want?

There's literally 2/3 of teams in the league that have no shot at a ship from the get go. When the Spurs fall into that category will be the time to be sad about things, IMO.

kobyz
09-20-2013, 03:47 AM
Beli has more ways to keep the defense honest coming off screens: Neal is a more explosive scorer but I believe Beli will be more consistent in the Spurs system.

Again, if we gonna count on Beli to run our offense and be a playmaker we are doom...

anakha
09-20-2013, 04:06 AM
Again, if we gonna count on Beli to run our offense and be a playmaker we are doom...

Says the poster who was stupid enough to call Anthony Tolliver better than Matt Bonner.

mountainballer
09-20-2013, 04:45 AM
God called them whores, whoremongers that banged donkeys/horses, fools....etc..

Link?

polandprzem
09-20-2013, 04:46 AM
You all think you are pissed and all

But I bet Pop is pissed as hell and he knows the responsibility. He wins it and he loses it along with the team. We just spectators. It hurts die hard fans but we are not involve at this as much as the guys that are in the game.

Technique
09-20-2013, 04:59 AM
He said he was lugubrious :lol

Dude took a hard hit, that shit humbled his life.

racm
09-20-2013, 06:34 AM
I'm not even mad at the last two seasons... after losing in the 1st round to Memphis and getting swept by the Suns the next season, you seriously needed to wonder if this team even had a future anymore. The last two seasons gave us the emergence of Kawhi and Duncan's revival. Loved every minute of it. It's a game, sometimes you have enough and win, sometimes you don't, sometimes the ball bounces your way (Memorial day miracle), sometimes it doesn't (Game 6). But the last two seasons this team has shown they can compete against anybody in this league, and what more could you want?

There's literally 2/3 of teams in the league that have no shot at a ship from the get go. When the Spurs fall into that category will be the time to be sad about things, IMO.

Nono with the best take ITT, per par.

kobyz
09-20-2013, 06:51 AM
Says the poster who was stupid enough to call Anthony Tolliver better than Matt Bonner.

You no something other than to be sarcastic fagot ugly??!?!

anakha
09-20-2013, 06:52 AM
You no something other than to be sarcastic fagot ugly??!?!

:lmao at the poster who doesn't know how to assess players melting down when called out on his bullshit.

xmas1997
09-20-2013, 07:53 AM
Nah. He called them vipers, Satan, hypocrites, devils, evil, wretched, poor, blind, naked, and so forth... God called them whores, whoremongers that banged donkeys/horses, fools....etc.. You are out of your league. Don't even try it.

Link?

:lol:rollin:lmao
Too much mountain!
Now that was funny, I don't care what you say, that was really funny!

SenorSpur
09-20-2013, 09:26 AM
Even if Pop wont pubically second-guess himself, he should personally and privately apologize to his player whose contributions have afforded him so much coaching success - that would be the great Tim Duncan. Since their relationship is more like father & son, I just wonder what type of private conversation they had following the devastating loss?

Skull-1
09-20-2013, 10:48 AM
Yes, he did this to people out of a desire to lead them to a better place.
You're doing it because you're filled with pride and masculine 'macho' response, a desire to hurt someone to prove your superiority. A common failing in men, but in someone such as yourself, especially contemptible.

I know a little bit about pride, and I know it precedes the fall.
No, I do it to mockers and liars. I don't owe cordiality to some jerk that insults me, that's for sure.

Skull-1
09-20-2013, 10:51 AM
Link? Eze 23 to start. "And the Babylonians came to her into the bed of love, and they defiled her with their whoring lust. And after she was defiled by them, she turned from them in disgust. 18 (http://biblehub.com/ezekiel/23-18.htm)When she carried on her whoring so openly and flaunted her nakedness, I turned in disgust from her, as I had turned in disgust from her sister. 19 (http://biblehub.com/ezekiel/23-19.htm)Yet she increased her whoring, remembering the days of her youth, when she played the whore in the land of Egypt 20 (http://biblehub.com/ezekiel/23-20.htm)and lusted after her paramours there, whose members were like those of donkeys, and whose issue was like that of horses. 21 (http://biblehub.com/ezekiel/23-21.htm)Thus you longed for the lewdness of your youth, when the Egyptians handled your bosom and pressedc (http://biblehub.com/esv/ezekiel/23.htm#footnotesc) your young breasts.” Game. Set. Match.

Skull-1
09-20-2013, 10:52 AM
:lol:rollin:lmao
Too much mountain!
Now that was funny, I don't care what you say, that was really funny! Look, dude, we agreed to stop jabbing. Keep your word. And it is no mountain at all. I just don't read the board at 4 AM so it takes time to respond now and then.

xmas1997
09-20-2013, 10:56 AM
In the Feud thread, bubba, the "feud" thread.
I reserve the right to post whenever and wherever I want.
We agreed on the feud thread, in case you still can't read.

Skull-1
09-20-2013, 10:57 AM
In the Feud thread, bubba, the "feud" thread.
I reserve the right to post whenever and wherever I want.
We agreed on the feud thread, in case you still can't read. So we are going to bash each other in every other thread? That makes sense..... ????

xmas1997
09-20-2013, 11:02 AM
Not necessarily, you are not required to bash me, nor do I have to bash you.
The idea was to allow the feud thread to die, unless you prefer to keep it going.
These other threads should have differing subject matter that if something totally preposterous and ignorant is posted, then an alternative post is required to set the record straight, or at the very least, realistic as we see it.
Personally, I don't get any pleasure in correcting you, and certainly not in bashing you.

Skull-1
09-20-2013, 11:34 AM
Not necessarily, you are not required to bash me, nor do I have to bash you.
The idea was to allow the feud thread to die, unless you prefer to keep it going.
These other threads should have differing subject matter that if something totally preposterous and ignorant is posted, then an alternative post is required to set the record straight, or at the very least, realistic as we see it.
Personally, I don't get any pleasure in correcting you, and certainly not in bashing you. Well you aren't correcting me, so you can just delete that part. But otherwise... I don't think it will die. Too many s--- stirrers.

xmas1997
09-20-2013, 12:57 PM
You never know. I've seen more contentious ones disappear.
Ever hear of kill bill pana?

xmas1997
09-20-2013, 01:35 PM
Pops' daughter Jill said to Pop:

“OK, Dad, let me get this straight: You won four championships, and you go to a fifth Finals. Other coaches lose all the time. But poor Greggy can’t lose because he’s special. Can you please get over yourself? End of story.”
He stared at her — then started laughing. Hadn’t his daughter told him the same get-over-yourself line he’s told so many others?
“That started me on the path to recovery,” he said.

:lol
IMHO this should put things concerning Pop in some proper perspective given the mistakes he made. After all, even the best make their share of mistakes.
Can anyone here say they never ever make any mistakes, major or otherwise?
I have a feeling that we will find similar things about Manu eventually coming to light too, which should have a sobering effect and make a lot of the Manu bashing posters feel like real fools!:hat

silverblk mystix
09-20-2013, 02:42 PM

Here is the difference between all you guys that are beginning to tire of Pop's bullshit and me;

You are beginning to see and understand the shit that I saw in 2008, 2009,2010,2011,2012 & the biggest Pop bed-shatting - 2013.

Another difference between us is that you are still in denial and still hoping that Pop magically regains his younger years coaching-brilliance...

while I have already past that stage and reached acceptance that the spurs glory years are behind them - as long as this asshole is running the ship.

In a few more years - you might be ready to admit i was right all along -

I will be somewhere a little more advanced by then - of course.

mountainballer
09-20-2013, 04:18 PM
Game. Set. Match.

moron. that's Ezechiel you quoted. not god. who cares for a 3rd string press officer.

Vash StampedE
09-20-2013, 07:02 PM
I'm fucking fired up and ready for season 2014!!! Let's start this season already!!!

Skull-1
09-20-2013, 08:43 PM
moron. that's Ezechiel you quoted. not god. who cares for a 3rd string press officer.
Who wrote the scriptures? DUH. "All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness..." 2 Tim 3:16 That's why it is called "God's Word" or "The Word of God". :rolleyes

Amuseddaysleeper
09-21-2013, 12:11 AM
Even if Pop wont pubically second-guess himself, he should personally and privately apologize to his player whose contributions have afforded him so much coaching success - that would be the great Tim Duncan. Since their relationship is more like father & son, I just wonder what type of private conversation they had following the devastating loss?

Or if they even had one at all.

Pop can second guess all he wants, I guarantee he would make the same mistakes the following season.

kobyz
09-22-2013, 02:54 AM
I'm afraid Pop gonna commit suicide, he is so lugubrious and in such blame of himself, it's look like he can't live with his feelings, miserable and the shame...

anakha
09-22-2013, 05:20 AM
I'm afraid Pop gonna commit suicide, he is so lugubrious and in such blame of himself, it's look like he can't live with his feelings, miserable and the shame...

I thought you were thinking along the same lines - why haven't you done anything yet?

Oh right, all that moaning and weeping was just attention-whoring on your part.

kobyz
09-22-2013, 07:23 AM
I thought you were thinking along the same lines - why haven't you done anything yet?

Oh right, all that moaning and weeping was just attention-whoring on your part.

Please stop to respond to me, you are mainly a superficial childish man and smell like shit...

anakha
09-22-2013, 07:27 AM
LOL attention whore
LOL proclaiming 'depression' in a sports forum
LOL knows jack shit at evaluating players
LOL can't even flame right

kobyz
09-22-2013, 09:11 AM
LOL at you keep being pathetic superficial man and being wrong on all, I'm not attention whore, only sharing my honest opinions and feelings like everyone, I'm not depress, I'm just dead in my soul after that dissepoitment, it left pain and sadness that would never go away and can't recover from, I have better basketball understanding than you, didn't try to flame...

anakha
09-22-2013, 09:14 AM
LOL "I don't flame" in the same thread you call others faggots
LOL "better understanding of basketball" when you have no statistical proof of your horseshit
LOL pretending you didn't say you were depressed after posting this turd:

No matter how or from where I trying to think on this, I doesn't find way to let it go, it doesn't get better, only worse... It hurt me like a madman, I just can't carry on living with such devastation, I'm so crushed and torn, it's the worst kind, inconsolable kind...
Why pop had to ruin Tim's and myself life? Why?

LOL still attention whoring

kobyz
09-22-2013, 09:36 AM
Not every hurt is depression, you need to learn how not to be always so superficial...

anakha
09-22-2013, 09:40 AM
Not every hurt is depression, you need to learn how not to be always so superficial...

:lmao at you saying that after you posted 'I can't carry on living...'.

Either you were really depressed or you were attention-whoring. And since you haven't killed yourself, it's the latter.