PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Bowen admits he cheap shotted Ray Allen

Axegrinder
09-19-2013, 05:07 AM
http://www.projectspurs.com/2013-articles/september/bruce-bowen-admits-to-trying-to-hurt-ray-allen.html

Miss that dude

z0sa
09-19-2013, 05:53 AM
Notice how this doesnt include "kicking" CP3.

racm
09-19-2013, 08:00 AM
We could have used his cheap shots in Game 6. :lol

ohmwrecker
09-19-2013, 10:20 AM
Duh.

xmas1997
09-19-2013, 10:44 AM
This is why I want Nunnally on this team, he seems to be mini-Bowen.:lol

Biernutz
09-19-2013, 05:52 PM
I miss Bruce.

elmanutres
09-19-2013, 06:01 PM
Bruce is the kind of guy that if he's not on your team, you absolutely despise him. But if he's in it, you love him to death.

hater
09-19-2013, 06:29 PM
damn, so we'll have to wait 5 years into his retirement for Manu to admit he cost us game 6?

TheGreatYacht
09-19-2013, 07:14 PM
damn, so we'll have to wait 5 years into his retirement for Manu to admit he cost us game 6?:lmao I don't think he'll ever admit it. Yeah, he's that stubborn! Manu will probably be in denial even after death.

timmy2003
09-19-2013, 07:19 PM
:lmao I don't think he'll ever admit it. Yeah, he's that stubborn! Manu will probably be in denial even after death.
this.

Skull-1
09-19-2013, 08:55 PM

Skull-1
09-19-2013, 08:56 PM
damn, so we'll have to wait 5 years into his retirement for Manu to admit he cost us game 6? That guy is too proud to ever admit he sucked. I don't even recognize him. When he first stepped on an NBA court I said, "That guy is gonna' be awesome." What happened?????????????

Sean Cagney
09-20-2013, 01:33 AM
Without Bruce we do not win the 05 title, period! He went over and locked down Billups in the last few games who was killing us, key moments in game 5 too! I will not forget his D when he switched over. He should have won DPOY a few times to be honest, he was that good on D to shut down a guy in key times to make you win the game, literally.

ElNono
09-20-2013, 03:11 AM
That guy is too proud to ever admit he sucked. I don't even recognize him. When he first stepped on an NBA court I said, "That guy is gonna' be awesome." What happened?????????????

He helped the team win 3 of the 4 championships the franchise has.... just like Bruce, the subject of this thread. Eternally grateful to those guys.

Darius McCrary
09-20-2013, 09:09 AM
We needed his ruthlessness in games 4, 6, and 7

Obstructed_View
09-23-2013, 10:33 AM
Ray Allen had been leading the charge of coddled NBA pussies who didn't like tough defense in accusing Bowen of being dirty. At some point he got tired of it and intentionally went after Ray? Shocking. Wake me when Bowen admits that he'd been attempting to hurt people his whole career.

YoMamaIsCallin
09-23-2013, 04:15 PM
This is just a bullshit blog. And an even more bullshit post. Nothing to see here. Just more crap from the Internet.

Post Title:

Bruse Bowen admits he cheap shotted Ray Allen
Headline:

BRUCE BOWEN ADMITS TO TRYING TO HURT RAY ALLEN
Quote from Bowen:

But never did I intentionally try to hurt anyone.

Axegrinder
09-23-2013, 05:24 PM
This is just a bullshit blog. And an even more bullshit post. Nothing to see here. Just more crap from the Internet.

Post Title:

Headline:

Quote from Bowen: Funny you cut off the last quote (which was exactly that, a QUOTE) "There was only one other time that I did it deliberately and that was when I gave a kick to Ray Allen"

Arcadian
09-23-2013, 05:29 PM
If we had Bowen in this year's finals, he would have smothered that bitch.

Obstructed_View
09-25-2013, 08:27 PM
Funny you cut off the last quote (which was exactly that, a QUOTE) "There was only one other time that I did it deliberately and that was when I gave a kick to Ray Allen"

The important part of the quote is where he says the exact opposite of the headline, tbh.

JingleJangleJingle
09-26-2013, 01:07 AM

cheap shot on Pop to send him to the locker room would have been nice.

Axegrinder
09-26-2013, 04:33 PM
The important part of the quote is where he says the exact opposite of the headline, tbh.So you believe that ONE part of the quote, then the rest is made up BS? Seems to me that he didnt see it as a big deal at first, then decided to mention that one instance where he kicked Allen. Whatever the case, the interview was real and Bowens comments were accurately reported.

Obstructed_View
09-26-2013, 05:16 PM
So you believe that ONE part of the quote, then the rest is made up BS?
No, the part of the quote that's relevant is the part that you cut off later. Seems kind of stupid of you to even bring it up.

Axegrinder
09-26-2013, 09:04 PM
I merely pointed out that Yomama cut off a pertinent part of Bowen's quote. The part where he admitted what he DID. If you want to act like the man's ADMISSION of guilt is anything but truth, then thats on you. Clearly Bruce contradicted himself for whatever reason, but facts are facts and the title supports BBs replies. But by all means, continue to whine about it and deflect. It suits you

Darius McCrary
09-26-2013, 09:08 PM
WGAF? I'm glad he cheapshotted that bitch

Axegrinder
09-26-2013, 09:12 PM
for the record, it didnt bother me a bit either. Not defending Ray f'n Allen

Skull-1
09-26-2013, 09:15 PM
He helped the team win 3 of the 4 championships the franchise has.... just like Bruce, the subject of this thread. Eternally grateful to those guys.

Again, I ask, what happened to that guy? He is missing.

Obstructed_View
09-27-2013, 08:18 AM
I merely pointed out that Yomama cut off a pertinent part of Bowen's quote. The part where he admitted what he DID. If you want to act like the man's ADMISSION of guilt is anything but truth, then thats on you. Clearly Bruce contradicted himself for whatever reason, but facts are facts and the title supports BBs replies. But by all means, continue to whine about it and deflect. It suits you

Your reading comprehension skills need a lot of work. It's not like the kick in question wasn't obvious. I remember the game. Bowen kicked him in the back while they were down and tangled up, Ray completely overreacted, Bruce got a technical and a 10 thousand dollar fine. Ray was a fucking twat whining to every microphone about how Bowen was trying to hurt him, which was a ploy to get the refs to call more fouls. Ray even faked a limp during that playoff series to try to get some sympathy and threw plenty of his own cheap shots.

mingus
09-27-2013, 02:34 PM
IMO Bruce made the Spurs a big 4. He didn't put up offensive stats but when you consider he held opposing teams SGs far below their point totals and FG% it more than compensated for that. The fact that it took the Spurs about 6 years to really replace him defensively shows you how rare players like him are.

xmas1997
09-27-2013, 02:40 PM
IMO Bruce made the Spurs a big 4. He didn't put up offensive stats but when you consider he held opposing teams SGs far below their point totals and FG% it more than compensated for that. The fact that it took the Spurs about 6 years to really replace him defensively shows you how rare players like him are.

This is precisely why I want Nunnally.

Axegrinder
09-27-2013, 03:03 PM
Your reading comprehension skills need a lot of work. It's not like the kick in question wasn't obvious. I remember the game. Bowen kicked him in the back while they were down and tangled up, Ray completely overreacted, Bruce got a technical and a 10 thousand dollar fine. Ray was a fucking twat whining to every microphone about how Bowen was trying to hurt him, which was a ploy to get the refs to call more fouls. Ray even faked a limp during that playoff series to try to get some sympathy and threw plenty of his own cheap shots.Like I said, facts are facts even if you don't like them. And I comprehend just fine. You simply have no point. You are just arguing for the sake of argument. Pretty childish imo.

Kidd K
09-27-2013, 03:39 PM
Notice how this doesnt include "kicking" CP3.

That's because he didn't. :lol I still remember that. . .I watched the replay a bunch of times. Paul held him by his ankle then swayed his head back with a delayed reaction when Bowen tried to pull his foot loose.

It was a joke Bowen got suspended over that and had it ruin his consequtive games played streak. He could've broken the NBA record if not for that.

Obstructed_View
09-27-2013, 07:26 PM
Like I said, facts are facts even if you don't like them. And I comprehend just fine. You simply have no point. You are just arguing for the sake of argument. Pretty childish imo.

YMIC's post was all facts, and they were all relevant. You apparently don't remember the game or the incident in question, as Bowen copped to it AT THE TIME. Saying that he intentionally kicked Ray is not news, as everyone who watched the game could clearly see that he did. Bowen did in fact say that he didn't ever try to hurt anyone, which flies in the face of the headline.

xmas1997
09-27-2013, 07:33 PM
YMIC's post was all facts, and they were all relevant. You apparently don't remember the game or the incident in question, as Bowen copped to it AT THE TIME. Saying that he intentionally kicked Ray is not news, as everyone who watched the game could clearly see that he did. Bowen did in fact say that he didn't ever try to hurt anyone, which flies in the face of the headline.

If I remember correctly his words to the announcer who asked him at the time were, "it is what it is." Correct me if I'm wrong about that. Maybe that is a yes and maybe that is a no, but for sure it is, "it is what it is". :lol

Axegrinder
09-27-2013, 08:30 PM
YMIC's post was all facts, and they were all relevant. You apparently don't remember the game or the incident in question, as Bowen copped to it AT THE TIME. Saying that he intentionally kicked Ray is not news, as everyone who watched the game could clearly see that he did. Bowen did in fact say that he didn't ever try to hurt anyone, which flies in the face of the headline.lol So kicking someone doesnt qualify as trying to hurt them? And my headline was spot on. Kicking a player is a cheap shot. Whether or not Allen deserved it or not is immaterial. If you can't see that Bowen contradicted himself in the article, that's on you. Clearly he did.

09-28-2013, 05:49 AM
Revenge on the Spurs must be sweet for Ray, even if Bowen wasn't on the court.

Obstructed_View
09-30-2013, 02:18 PM
lol So kicking someone doesnt qualify as trying to hurt them? And my headline was spot on. Kicking a player is a cheap shot. Whether or not Allen deserved it or not is immaterial. If you can't see that Bowen contradicted himself in the article, that's on you. Clearly he did.

Kicking someone, even in retaliation, is a cheap shot. Kicking someone qualifies as a cheap shot. A cheap shot doesn't qualify as trying to hurt them. Cheap shot is not what the headline says. "Bowen admits to Trying to hurt Ray Allen" is what it says. Bowen says "... Never did I intentionally try to hurt anyone." Bowen then goes on to note something Spurs and Sonics fans already knew about, and says he felt bad about doing it. The reason he felt bad about it is likely because morons like you can't seem to fucking read.

Budkin
09-30-2013, 02:23 PM
Well, Karma came back and bent us over for that one.

Obstructed_View
09-30-2013, 02:31 PM
Well, Karma came back and bent us over for that one.

Karma: http://www.biography.com/imported/images/Biography/Images/Profiles/P/Gregg-Popovich-507433-1-402.jpg

Axegrinder
09-30-2013, 04:55 PM
Kicking someone, even in retaliation, is a cheap shot. Kicking someone qualifies as a cheap shot. A cheap shot doesn't qualify as trying to hurt them. Cheap shot is not what the headline says. "Bowen admits to Trying to hurt Ray Allen" is what it says. Bowen says "... Never did I intentionally try to hurt anyone." Bowen then goes on to note something Spurs and Sonics fans already knew about, and says he felt bad about doing it. The reason he felt bad about it is likely because morons like you can't seem to fucking read.
I can read fine and you are the moron if you think kicking someone isn't trying to hurt them. Now continue your hissyfit..

Obstructed_View
09-30-2013, 05:04 PM
Clearly you can't read if you whine about the complete quote but ignore the quote where Bowen says he never tried to hurt anyone. If you saw the kick by Bowen on Ray, which you clearly did not because you likely weren't a Spur fan yet, you'd know that he wasn't trying to injure him.

Axegrinder
09-30-2013, 05:15 PM
I'm not whining about anything faggot. I made my point, you disagree then start lashing out like an infant, which I fully expected. Grow up

YoMamaIsCallin
10-14-2013, 04:27 AM
Haven't been here for weeks now I see I stirred up quite a little slap fest.

I had no idea someone would think Bowen contradicted himself. Giving someone a little shot in a tumble/tangle is not "trying to hurt them", whether it's a foot, hand, or elbow. It's just to assert yourself and piss off the other guy. Bowen was clearly not proud of it so he mentioned it.

Also, you lost complete credibility with your gay slur. Don't be a fool. Have some respect.

Axegrinder
10-14-2013, 01:32 PM
Also, you lost complete credibility with your gay slur. Don't be a fool. Have some respect.I don't give respect to those that disrespect me so you can save the preaching. And perhaps you would have had some credibility if you would have preached to the poster that started the name calling as well.

Obstructed_View
10-16-2013, 01:58 PM
I don't give respect to those that disrespect me so you can save the preaching. And perhaps you would have had some credibility if you would have preached to the poster that started the name calling as well.

He did. I have yet to call anyone other than Ray Allen names in this thread.

Wait ... is that you, Ray?

Axegrinder
10-16-2013, 02:27 PM
Ya, not surprised you are a liar OV. "likely because morons like you" CLEARLY you started the name calling, and YoMama did NOT address that FACT at all. Two lies in two lines of text. You should be proud.

YoMamaIsCallin
10-25-2013, 07:17 PM
What am I, a Forum referee? I was simply responding to the post that replied to me. Who cares who started it? What you said absolutely did make you lose all credibility. That is a fact not a lie. Doesn't matter what someone else said, I wasn't talking about them.

Axegrinder
10-25-2013, 09:38 PM
What am I, a Forum referee? I was simply responding to the post that replied to me. Who cares who started it? What you said absolutely did make you lose all credibility. That is a fact not a lie. Doesn't matter what someone else said, I wasn't talking about them.ACTUALLY, it is just your opinion and not fact, and to assert anything different makes you look less than credible yourself. And fyi, no one was even talking to you so why would you assume anyone needs or asked for a ref?

dbestpro
10-25-2013, 11:17 PM
Ray Allen's nickname in those days was crybaby. That tells you a lot. Bowen got a tech for kicking Allen when Allen was trying to chump Bowen. Bowen paid the price for the foul, but it was not a cheap shot. A cheap shot means it is not deserved. A cheap shot is what Kermit Washington did to Rudy Tomjonovich. I do understand that we are in an era where it is common to change the meaning of words to suit one's own purpose, but does it have to seep into basketball, as well?

Skull-1
10-26-2013, 12:08 PM
That's because he didn't. :lol I still remember that. . .I watched the replay a bunch of times. Paul held him by his ankle then swayed his head back with a delayed reaction when Bowen tried to pull his foot loose.

It was a joke Bowen got suspended over that and had it ruin his consequtive games played streak. He could've broken the NBA record if not for that.

FkLA
10-26-2013, 12:18 PM
Big difference between a kick during a scuffle and what Ray constantly accused Bowen of tbh. Little bitch was always crying that Bowen purposely stuck his foot under him when he shot trying to injure his ankle when he landed. That was BS imo. More like Bowen was such a badass that he was in your space all game long.

Skull-1
10-26-2013, 12:30 PM
Big difference between a kick during a scuffle and what Ray constantly accused Bowen of tbh. Little bitch was always crying that Bowen purposely stuck his foot under him when he shot trying to injure his ankle when he landed. That was BS imo. More like Bowen was such a badass that he was in your space all game long.:toast