PDA

View Full Version : This team is pissed...

racm
09-19-2013, 08:29 AM
Tim Duncan boxing this offseason isn't a thing a content man does.

Boris Diaw throwing down jams in Eurobasket isn't a thing a passive man does.

Tiago Splitter and Manu Ginobili choosing to save their bodies for the NBA season and sitting out FIBA qualifiers aren't things done by men uncommitted to their team.

And the memory of the Finals hangs fresh in these guys' memories.

65+ wins should be no surprise from this squad IMO.

:toast

xmas1997
09-19-2013, 08:43 AM

Tiago Splitter and Manu Ginobili choosing to save their bodies for the NBA season and sitting out FIBA qualifiers aren't things done by men uncommitted to their team.

And I don't blame them one bit for feeling that way!

Fireball
09-19-2013, 09:39 AM
Tim Duncan boxing is nothing new though ... he is doing it for several years now to keep himself in shape

Poolboy5623
09-19-2013, 10:22 AM
They should be pissed.

xmas1997
09-19-2013, 10:41 AM
Tim Duncan boxing is nothing new though ... he is doing it for several years now to keep himself in shape

I wasn't aware of that, no wonder.
It has been reported that Manu has been working out too, in Argentina with a Spurs trainer. IMHO he knows he has something to prove.

Dex
09-19-2013, 11:41 AM
They should be pissed.

Dex
09-19-2013, 11:43 AM
One thing I worry about is that the Spurs rode on the emotion of the WCF loss to the Thunder all last season. Yes, it carried them to the Finals, but that's a hard motivational feat to pull off twice.

Fortunately, the Finals found a way to sting even worse than the Thunder loss, so hopefully that will be enough to inspire them through another ~100 games.

Skull-1
09-19-2013, 11:44 AM
They should be pissed at Manu. First for sucking and second for not being pissed himself.

09-19-2013, 11:58 AM
Anyone who watched the finals knows the Spurs threw their hearts into the game. They pulled off miraculous victories against a heavily favored team and went down swinging hard. But sadly, all the motivation in the world can't' overcome injuries, old age, and the talent gap between the Spurs and the Heat. And the flukes that helped propel the Spurs (lowest TOs ever in a finals game, Parker's fluke shot, Green's best 3 pt shooting in the history of the NBA finals, Lebron inexplicably not making wide open jumpers the first 5 games, everyone actually being relatively healthy at the same time) are unlikely to occur again. The Spurs will need more help if they actually want a legitimate shot at the title.

phxspurfan
09-19-2013, 01:05 PM
I hope they are. They got pwned when they should have had Eye of the Tiger.

racm
09-19-2013, 01:08 PM
They should be pissed at Manu. First for sucking and second for not being pissed himself.

tbh, at this rate ST should be renamed ManuTalk because nobody talks about anyone else on this forum.

What happened to hoping Duncan would retain his 2012-13 form? What happened to hoping Leonard would blossom? What happened to Tiago Splitter being the team's scapegoat?

Jegus, The San Antonio Spurs are not just Manu Scrubnobili or Godnobili and other folk. They are a basketball team, and the finest example of team ball in the most talented league in the world.

xmas1997
09-19-2013, 01:10 PM
tbh, at this rate ST should be renamed ManuTalk because nobody talks about anyone else on this forum.

What happened to hoping Duncan would retain his 2012-13 form? What happened to hoping Leonard would blossom? What happened to Tiago Splitter being the team's scapegoat?

Jegus, The San Antonio Spurs are not just Manu Scrubnobili or Godnobili and other folk. They are a basketball team, and the finest example of team ball in the most talented league in the world.

I second that notion!

cd021
09-19-2013, 01:12 PM
We were on pace to break our team record for most of our season, Then Parker down March 1st and we were about .500 the rest of the regular season. A little bit better health and subtract the game winners and we could easily win 60.

racm
09-19-2013, 01:16 PM
We were on pace to break our team record for most of our season, Then Parker down March 1st and we were about .500 the rest of the regular season. A little bit better health and subtract the game winners and we could easily win 60.

That's what I thought too. The team was healthy by playoff time and just rolled a few 1s in Game 6.

Skull-1
09-19-2013, 01:18 PM
The team is older. Chance of injury and fatigue screwing us only went up.

TheGreatYacht
09-19-2013, 01:49 PM
As I said before, the WHOLE team is pissed. Pop is pissed. Tim Duncan is pissed. TP being the competitor that he is will probably want to come back with revenge as he does every year. Kawhi is pissed. Danny Green said it in the postgame interview of Game 7 "I hope the whole team returns." EVERYONE is "fueled by revenge" except for Manu.

I hope that washed SG of Manu doesn't cost us another championship. I hope that senile Pop realizes that Manu is no longer part of the "Big 3" and that Kawhi is the new emerging star. Kawhi Leonard needs to be the third playmaking option on the team unless Corey Joseph steps up.

All this is assuming that Tim Duncan remains healthy and defeats Father Time once again otherwise Kawhi will have to carry a huge load off his shoulders.

JRHernandez88
09-19-2013, 01:55 PM
This is gonnnaaa be gooooddd

2013-2014 and were still contenders! :toast

SpurSwag
09-19-2013, 02:10 PM
This is gonnnaaa be gooooddd

2013-2014 and were still contenders! :toast

that's the craziest part of this entire thing and is what people on this forum need to realize. We as a franchise have been championship contenders for 15 straight years. We've been "too old" for about 4-5 years. And yet here we are still being pegged by a good amount of people to get back to the finals

justinandimcool
09-19-2013, 02:20 PM
Then they get their paycheck in October and they remember what this is all about. Cruise control until the playoffs, as usual. It's what got us to the finals in the first place, not anger. Save the feaux "revenge" mantra for April. Like we're gonna go into a game in Toronto in December with revenge on our minds :lol

look_at_g_shred
09-19-2013, 03:00 PM
:ihit:flag:

tmtcsc
09-19-2013, 03:46 PM
A new era has begun. K. Leonard will assume more responsibility for this team. IF Manu can be half the player he used to be and NOT hurt the team, we should be right back in the mix. More certain for me though is that Miami will not return to the Finals for a 4th consecutive year. Too hard, too much luck involved.

I don't think they'll make it out of the East but if they do, they won't win a rematch with the Spurs. There's no intimidation factor like there was with the Lakers.

In 2013 the Spurs didn't just have the Heat on the ropes, they had them BEAT. We were seconds away from winning the series 4-2 with 2 of those wins coming on the road. We gave away the series and the Heat kindly accepted. It took miraculous shots for them to win game 6 and the Spurs never recovered mentally in game 7.

If the Spurs stay healthy and transition the new guys in to the mix, we'll be Champions in 2014.

BTW: Revenge against who? Ourselves? That's who cost us the Championship, not the Heat.

Johnny RIngo
09-19-2013, 05:51 PM
What happened to Tiago Splitter being the team's scapegoat?

Tiago wasn't the highest paid player on the team last year. When you're paid star money, you're expected to play like a star.

elmanutres
09-19-2013, 06:00 PM
They should be pissed like the rest of us. If that finals loss doesn't motivate them to give it all they got next season then they don't deserve it.

hater
09-19-2013, 06:31 PM
Manu said he played "so-so"

that does not sound pissed at all

TrainOfThought5
09-19-2013, 06:32 PM
They should be pissed.

TheGreatYacht
09-19-2013, 07:04 PM

that does not sound pissed at allExactly what I've been trying to convey this whole time. The WHOLE team is pissed EXCEPT for Manu. He thinks Game 6 was "so-and-so" and also said "I'm not fueled by revenge." How much more cynical and stubborn can he be?

Leetonidas
09-19-2013, 07:07 PM
It all depends on Timmy...I know he had a resurgent season, but eventually he's going to decline and when he does we are fucked, let's hope he comes back like last season with a fire in his eyes

TheGreatYacht
09-19-2013, 07:12 PM
It all depends on Timmy...I know he had a resurgent season, but eventually he's going to decline and when he does we are fucked, let's hope he comes back like last season with a fire in his eyesYup... at the end of the day this is Timmy's team. He has been the franchise player for 14 years. Tim Duncan is the main reason why Pop and the FO are so praised by the homers here on ST. Tim Duncan is the main reason why we were close to winning #5. To those that are skeptical, just go look at the stats. Timmy turned back that clock in Games 6 & 7 only for that TOSB of Manu and senile Pop to giftwrap the championship to the Heat.

SpursDynasty21
09-19-2013, 08:13 PM
I have a feeling that the Spurs will be motivated and will be a championship contender again next season.

Skull-1
09-19-2013, 08:16 PM
A new era has begun. K. Leonard will assume more responsibility for this team. IF Manu can be half the player he used to be and NOT hurt the team, we should be right back in the mix. More certain for me though is that Miami will not return to the Finals for a 4th consecutive year. Too hard, too much luck involved.

I don't think they'll make it out of the East but if they do, they won't win a rematch with the Spurs. There's no intimidation factor like there was with the Lakers.

In 2013 the Spurs didn't just have the Heat on the ropes, they had them BEAT. We were seconds away from winning the series 4-2 with 2 of those wins coming on the road. We gave away the series and the Heat kindly accepted. It took miraculous shots for them to win game 6 and the Spurs never recovered mentally in game 7.

If the Spurs stay healthy and transition the new guys in to the mix, we'll be Champions in 2014.

BTW: Revenge against who? Ourselves? That's who cost us the Championship, not the Heat.

Skull-1
09-19-2013, 08:17 PM

that does not sound pissed at allManu has lost it. He has no fire. HIT THE FLAMEOUT PATTERN OVERHEAD!! CLEARED TO LAND.

Skull-1
09-19-2013, 08:18 PM
Exactly what I've been trying to convey this whole time. The WHOLE team is pissed EXCEPT for Manu. He thinks Game 6 was "so-and-so" and also said "I'm not fueled by revenge." How much more cynical and stubborn can he be?
This is the guy who used to f'ing lock himself in his hotel room when he f'ed up. NOW he just shrugs. "Oh well." JERK.

Skull-1
09-19-2013, 08:19 PM
It all depends on Timmy...I know he had a resurgent season, but eventually he's going to decline and when he does we are fucked, let's hope he comes back like last season with a fire in his eyes Timmy is the key. He anchors the defense and if he loses even a fraction of last year's performance we will be screwed. Not even Leonard can make up for a decline of both Manu *AND* Tim.

PlayNando
09-19-2013, 08:22 PM
As I said before, the WHOLE team is pissed. Pop is pissed. Tim Duncan is pissed. TP being the competitor that he is will probably want to come back with revenge as he does every year. Kawhi is pissed. Danny Green said it in the postgame interview of Game 7 "I hope the whole team returns." EVERYONE is "fueled by revenge" except for Manu.

I hope that washed SG of Manu doesn't cost us another championship. I hope that senile Pop realizes that Manu is no longer part of the "Big 3" and that Kawhi is the new emerging star. Kawhi Leonard needs to be the third playmaking option on the team unless Corey Joseph steps up.

All this is assuming that Tim Duncan remains healthy and defeats Father Time once again otherwise Kawhi will have to carry a huge load off his shoulders.

Exactly what I've been trying to convey this whole time. The WHOLE team is pissed EXCEPT for Manu. He thinks Game 6 was "so-and-so" and also said "I'm not fueled by revenge." How much more cynical and stubborn can he be?

Yup... at the end of the day this is Timmy's team. He has been the franchise player for 14 years. Tim Duncan is the main reason why Pop and the FO are so praised by the homers here on ST. Tim Duncan is the main reason why we were close to winning #5. To those that are skeptical, just go look at the stats. Timmy turned back that clock in Games 6 & 7 only for that TOSB of Manu and senile Pop to giftwrap the championship to the Heat.

Manu has lost it. He has not fire. HIT THE FLAMEOUT PATTERN OVERHEAD!! CLEARED TO LAND.

This is the guy who used to f'ing lock himself in his hotel room when he f'ed up. NOW he just shrugs. "Oh well." JERK.

Timmy is the key. He anchors the defense and if he loses even a fraction of last year's performance we will be screwed. Not even Leonard can make up for a decline of both Manu *AND* Tim.
Good God, you two are stupid.

Jesus Christ.

You're so obsessed with one player that I think you probably are sexually attracted to him, tbh.

xmas1997
09-19-2013, 08:30 PM
Or to each other!

Skull-1
09-19-2013, 08:41 PM

Jesus Christ.

You're so obsessed with one player that I think you probably are sexually attracted to him, tbh. And you are so obsessed with two posters that maybe you are sexually attracted to *US*!

Brunodf
09-19-2013, 08:47 PM
Haven't u learned anything? When players say that they are not pissed means that they are very pissed.

Skull-1
09-19-2013, 08:50 PM
Haven't u learned anything? When players say that they are not pissed means that they are very pissed. LOL! I sure hope so. I doubt it.

PlayNando
09-19-2013, 10:27 PM
And you are so obsessed with two posters that maybe you are sexually attracted to *US*!
You want a three-some with you, TGY, and I, honey?

Skull-1
09-19-2013, 10:51 PM
You want a three-some with you, TGY, and I, honey? It is obviously daylight in the cesspool known as Europe or wherever the hell you are. Yes, TGY and I will take you in a threesome. We all know you like it in every hole including your ears. Just like your mom and sister.

lefty
09-19-2013, 11:14 PM
And Pop is gonna fuck it up, somehow ....................

PlayNando
09-20-2013, 12:18 AM
It is obviously daylight in the cesspool known as Europe or wherever the hell you are. Yes, TGY and I will take you in a threesome. We all know you like it in every hole including your ears. Just like your mom and sister.

Call the police! We've got a badass in here!

:lol :lol :lol

Sean Cagney
09-20-2013, 12:47 AM

After losing the finals it's never good to get a high amount of wins, ask the 06 Pistons and the 07 Mavs who came out mad and then won a extreme amount of games and burned themselves out by end of the year. I don't care about 65 wins, just give me another 58 year as far as wins go and another run.

Vash StampedE
09-20-2013, 10:05 AM
:lol

superbigtime
09-20-2013, 10:29 AM
This team should be pissed, they can be mentally passive and soft. Losing the finals cuts deep. Stupid mistakes nullify all the heroics of the playoffs and maybe that's why Manu just shrugs his shoulders. Hope for the best. I'm going to have tempered expectations this year and just enjoy the games.

Axegrinder
09-20-2013, 02:36 PM

Jesus Christ.

You're so OBSESSED WITH ONE PLAYER that I think you probably are sexually attracted to him, tbh.LMAO..your name is PlayNando you hypocritical assclown

PlayNando
09-20-2013, 03:19 PM
LMAO..your name is PlayNando you hypocritical assclown

The difference is I'm right and you're wrong.

racm
09-20-2013, 04:13 PM
Tony Parker...

a complacent man doesn't score 32 to lead his team past the #2 ranked team in worldwide play.

Axegrinder
09-20-2013, 04:44 PM
The difference is I'm right and you're wrong.Ya like..Nando will be all star..That kind of right? :downspin:

Sean Cagney
09-20-2013, 06:24 PM
This team should be pissed, they can be mentally passive and soft. Losing the finals cuts deep. Stupid mistakes nullify all the heroics of the playoffs and maybe that's why Manu just shrugs his shoulders. Hope for the best. I'm going to have tempered expectations this year and just enjoy the games.
I said this myself years ago but they sucked me in again.

Skull-1
09-20-2013, 08:38 PM
LMAO..your name is PlayNando you hypocritical assclown :lol

Chillen
09-21-2013, 04:43 PM
They should be pissed, they were seconds away from being champions and after that Ray Allen 3 it all sort of slipped away. If that doesn't motivate this team in 2014 with fire to get back there and actually win it this time, retire. They have to make the playoffs in the west, remain healthy and than go on and beat any team they have to play in a 7 game series, that's how championships are won you have to be focused, motivated, play hard and be healthy no matter what comes your way. They are good enough as a team to win it all, they almost did beat Miami. If they fail to do it in 2014 they can blame themselves as a team for not getting the job done, health is the key play well enough to make the playoffs and when they start go out and take it from them all! No team is gonna give it to you, you have to want it that bad!

xmas1997
09-21-2013, 04:47 PM
It's an even numbered year.

PlayNando
09-21-2013, 09:46 PM
Ya like..Nando will be all star..That kind of right? :downspin:
Prove me wrong.

Oh, that's right, you can't.

You'll be proven wrong after Nando gets induced into the Hall of Fame in 15 years.

Axegrinder
09-21-2013, 10:05 PM
Prove me wrong.

Oh, that's right, you can't.

You'll be proven wrong after Nando gets induced into the Hall of Fame in 15 years.Nando is proving you wrong in damn near every game he plays in. And its inducted not induced simpleton

lefty
09-21-2013, 10:30 PM
Tony Parker...

a complacent man doesn't score 32 to lead his team past the #2 ranked team in worldwide play.
who gives a fuck about Eurobasket

And the Lakers' MVP wasnt even playing

barakz21
09-21-2013, 10:44 PM
And you are so obsessed with two posters that maybe you are sexually attracted to *US*!

Well played, well played. You deserve a slow clap, like the one at the end of cool runnings.

racm
09-21-2013, 10:44 PM
who gives a fuck about Eurobasket

And the Lakers' MVP wasnt even playing

Darius Morris?

Biernutz
09-21-2013, 11:13 PM
I don't think you will see the Spurs slogan for this year" Back and Pissed Off"
The only time I saw Spurs with a open attitude was the "Bruise Brothers" and when
Mario Ellie was here. The Spurs style is"Taking Care of Business". The Spurs
are pro's on and off the court. Has there been fights or trashed hotel rooms
since the finals? Are any of the new Spurs bad boys? This year will be "Deja Vu".
What you saw last year you will see this year.

lefty
09-21-2013, 11:45 PM
I don't think you will see the Spurs slogan for this year" Back and Pissed Off"
The only time I saw Spurs with a open attitude was the "Bruise Brothers" and when
Mario Ellie was here. The Spurs style is"Taking Care of Business". The Spurs
are pro's on and off the court. Has there been fights or trashed hotel rooms
since the finals? Are any of the new Spurs bad boys? This year will be "Deja Vu".
What you saw last year you will see this year.
Super Mario :cry
NBA on NBC :cry

Pippen :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAGDNHugl_U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lkeeQcFw9E

PlayNando
09-22-2013, 01:37 AM
Nando is proving you wrong in damn near every game he plays in. And its inducted not induced simpleton
You can't prove anything you say. You just poop excrement out your keyboard.

spurs10
09-22-2013, 02:13 AM
First of all good luck to France tomorrow PlayNando. TP will need Nando's help and I hope he has the game of his life! :toast Now Axegrinder, maybe PlayNando did mean 'induced' instead of 'inducted?' His pal, Hall of Famer Tony Parker, is taking Nando out for a five-star dinner 15 years from now and he convinces him to walk in this 'museum, for a minute.' Nando realizes he's been duped, but he tells his friend, "you know Tony if I hadn't helped you win that gold medal back in 2013, you might not have made it here....??" Go Tony, Boris, and Nando!!! :flag:

Ice009
09-22-2013, 04:55 AM
It's an even numbered year.

I don't think Kawhi gives a fuck about it being an even numbered year.

TheGreatYacht
09-22-2013, 10:41 AM
I don't think Kawhi gives a fuck about it being an even numbered year.Nor does Timmy, TP, or anyone else on the team EXCEPT for Manu. LOL. That explains why Manu has that lame ass loser mentality this offseason, he knows it's an even numbered year so why give a fuck. He knows he might have fucked up the Spurs chances of ever winning another championship and that is a huge guilt to live with.

Axegrinder
09-22-2013, 11:15 AM
You can't prove anything you say. You just poop excrement out your keyboard.I've already proven that you are a moron and Nando is proving he is a tick above scrub at best.

PlayNando
09-22-2013, 11:48 AM
I've already proven that you are a moron and Nando is proving he is a tick above scrub at best.
No you haven't. You are a liar, per par, tbh. Or maybe you're just delusional. Not sure, tbh.

xmas1997
09-22-2013, 02:14 PM
Nor does Timmy, TP, or anyone else on the team EXCEPT for Manu. LOL. That explains why Manu has that lame ass loser mentality this offseason, he knows it's an even numbered year so why give a fuck. He knows he might have fucked up the Spurs chances of ever winning another championship and that is a huge guilt to live with.

How do you know what Manu, or anybody else for that matter, thinks?
Other than yourself, you don't, period.
It's just more of your trollish BS.
GTFO!

Axegrinder
09-22-2013, 02:46 PM
Trust me GayNando, its you that is delusional thinking Nando is HOFer and that France didn't eat peanutty shit in WW2. Find a single poster here that would agree that Nando will be HOFer, and I'll lie and say you are not a surrendermonkey

elmanutres
09-22-2013, 02:56 PM
It's an even numbered year.we were undefeated in the finals until now, at this point the even year superstition is bullcrap.

elmanutres
09-22-2013, 03:10 PM
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/combo12/Medieval_wallpapers_286.jpg

FuzzyLumpkins
09-22-2013, 04:24 PM
I've already proven that you are a moron and Nando is proving he is a tick above scrub at best.

Be careful man. He wants you to shit on Nando.

FuzzyLumpkins
09-22-2013, 04:24 PM
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/combo12/Medieval_wallpapers_286.jpg

Fuck that still. They don't have blood turned on.

TheGreatYacht
09-22-2013, 04:47 PM
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/combo12/Medieval_wallpapers_286.jpghttps://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/528185_239175102901875_495066054_n.jpghttps://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/61112_239175136235205_1943692381_n.jpg

Axegrinder
09-22-2013, 04:49 PM
Be careful man. He wants you to shit on Nando.ha..I get you. I only ever said Nando will be average role player in NBA and PlayNando has been bawling ever since.

elmanutres
09-22-2013, 04:54 PM
https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/528185_239175102901875_495066054_n.jpghttps://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/61112_239175136235205_1943692381_n.jpg

Contrary to your belief I am not a pop/manu sucker nor a pop/manu hater. In fact fuck both of you guys. You bitches are like republicans and democrats. Both of you guys just bitch and whine and point fingers at each other just like in congress and quite frankly, the rest of us are tired of it.

TheGreatYacht
09-22-2013, 07:35 PM
Contrary to your belief I am not a pop/manu sucker nor a pop/manu hater. In fact fuck both of you guys. You bitches are like republicans and democrats. Both of you guys just bitch and whine and point fingers at each other just like in congress and quite frankly, the rest of us are tired of it.Sorry bro. I wasn't directing those pics at you. I just thought what you posted was funny so I decided to post something too.

Like I've been saying all along, I'm just pissed. I'm pissed that Pop and Manu are the most responsible for preventing Timmy from further enhancing his legacy with another NBA Finals MVP and a 5th championship.

I'll probably never get over the anger until the regular season starts. As Kawhi Leonrad said, "you never get over it." If the Spurs can win it all this upcoming season then perhaps I'll be more at peace.

Just ask Laker fans. They went through a similar situation in 2008 when they lost to the Celtics in the NBA Finals. What happened the following season? The Lakers redeemed themselves thanks to Joey Crawford in Game 7.

Hopefully our Spurs will have a similar story. Nothing would make me happier than the Spurs finally winning an NBA title after so many blown opportunities by coach Pop.

The Popsuckers and Manutards act like I'm wishing the team failure.

elmanutres
09-22-2013, 08:20 PM
Sorry bro. I wasn't directing those pics at you. I just thought what you posted was funny so I decided to post something too.

Like I've been saying all along, I'm just pissed. I'm pissed that Pop and Manu are the most responsible for preventing Timmy from further enhancing his legacy with another NBA Finals MVP and a 5th championship.

I'll probably never get over the anger until the regular season starts. As Kawhi Leonrad said, "you never get over it." If the Spurs can win it all this upcoming season then perhaps I'll be more at peace.

Just ask Laker fans. They went through a similar situation in 2008 when they lost to the Celtics in the NBA Finals. What happened the following season? The Lakers redeemed themselves thanks to Joey Crawford in Game 7.

Hopefully our Spurs will have a similar story. Nothing would make me happier than the Spurs finally winning an NBA title after so many blown opportunities by coach Pop.

The Popsuckers and Manutards act like I'm wishing the team failure.And believe me, we are all mad over the finals. I'm pissed off that manu threw that series away and pop did big time mistakes. But it's just that you rub as a guy that wants pop and manu to be executed for what they did. Now i'm not saying you are a bad guy, you are just a pissed off spurs fan. But i'm sure manu and pop did not intend to lose on purpose. They fucking tried. They wanted to win. shit just happens. Pop got cocky and over thought things and manu had father time catch up to his ass. I'm furious at them but that doesn't mean I want them to be shunned and kicked to the gutter over 1 series compared to what they have contributed all their careers. We are better than that. Entitled ass fans like laker fans do that. And i understand you hatred for the so called manu/pop suckers. They are just as annoying and they piss me off too. I'm just sick this forum has to be split to 2 seperate sides and both sides are just arguing back and forth. Downstairs is laughing over this crap. Both sides need to stop arguing because the finals have past, and whether we like it or not, we have no influence over what decisions the front office makes. Both sides just shut up, stop pointing fingers and just root for our team. We've been knocked down, just stand up because i know things will be better.

tim_duncan_fan
09-22-2013, 11:23 PM
Tony Parker...

He needs to sit his ass down and rest. He's wasting health, energy and time on the bush leagues. I get the patriotism and shit, but the NBA is his job. He has a responsibility to stay fresh for the NBA.

Sean Cagney
09-23-2013, 01:47 AM
He needs to sit his ass down and rest. He's wasting health, energy and time on the bush leagues. I get the patriotism and shit, but the NBA is his job. He has a responsibility to stay fresh for the NBA.

Well it is over now and he won! THEY WON! SO NOW.... SIT YOUR ASS DOWN and rest got damnit!

xmas1997
09-23-2013, 08:13 AM
So which Spur should we bash now?
Pop and Manu and Bonner have been beat to death!
Next?

racm
09-23-2013, 08:46 AM
So which Spur should we bash now?
Pop and Manu and Bonner have been beat to death!
Next?

Kawhi for missing det free throw in Game 6. :stirpot:

superbigtime
09-23-2013, 10:00 AM
I said this myself years ago but they sucked me in again.

Ha, yes, same here. It's hard to not get whipped up emotionally by this team. Non Spur fans just wouldn't understand.

Strategic
09-23-2013, 10:58 AM

:toastI'm not too sure that Tony Parker, Cory Joseph and Gregg Popovich won't be the three most prominent figures in determining the Spurs win count this year. Injuries aside, that is.

Sean Cagney
09-23-2013, 12:10 PM
I'm not too sure that Tony Parker, Cory Joseph and Gregg Popovich won't be the three most prominent figures in determining the Spurs win count this year. Injuries aside, that is.

I would take Joseph out and put in Leonard, but I agree the backup PG is very important.

look_at_g_shred
09-23-2013, 01:16 PM
They should be. They felt like shit when they got backdoor swept in 2012 and came back better and stronger last season. Let's see if they can do it again..

TheGreatYacht
09-23-2013, 04:05 PM
And believe me, we are all mad over the finals. I'm pissed off that manu threw that series away and pop did big time mistakes. But it's just that you rub as a guy that wants pop and manu to be executed for what they did. Now i'm not saying you are a bad guy, you are just a pissed off spurs fan. But i'm sure manu and pop did not intend to lose on purpose. They fucking tried. They wanted to win. shit just happens. Pop got cocky and over thought things and manu had father time catch up to his ass. I'm furious at them but that doesn't mean I want them to be shunned and kicked to the gutter over 1 series compared to what they have contributed all their careers. We are better than that. Entitled ass fans like laker fans do that. And i understand you hatred for the so called manu/pop suckers. They are just as annoying and they piss me off too. I'm just sick this forum has to be split to 2 seperate sides and both sides are just arguing back and forth. Downstairs is laughing over this crap. Both sides need to stop arguing because the finals have past, and whether we like it or not, we have no influence over what decisions the front office makes. Both sides just shut up, stop pointing fingers and just root for our team. We've been knocked down, just stand up because i know things will be better.Here is Spurstalk in a nutshell:

Popsuckers & Manutards - To defend coach Pop and Manu at all costs. They will come up with creative ways to justify Pop's benching of Tim Duncan on the last 28 seconds of Game 6 and Pop's refusal to bench Manu despite how pathetic he was playing throughout the playoffs. Both facets will attempt to spread the blame on the whole team despite the stats showing the contrary.

They will blame Kawhi Leonard for the missed free throw even though he was A LOT more productive than Manu. They will blame Danny Green for dissapearing in Games 6 & 7 even though he was on God mode blocking shots on the break and shooting at a very high 3pt FG%. They will blame Tony Parker for being selfish and going for the NBA Finals MVP in Game 6 even though he's the reason the Spurs were up by 6 pts with 28 seconds to go. Some go even as far as to blame the Game 6 loss on LUCK. Others are so insane and go as far as blaming Tim Duncan for the missed layups in Game 7 even though THERE WAS NO NEED for a Game 7 had Pop and Manu not shat the bed. Tim Duncan turned back the clock in Games 6 & 7 for God's sake!

Pop & Manu haters - To bash Pop and Manu whenever they see an opportunity. They are angry at Pop and Manu for costing the Spurs a 5th championship. Pop and Manu are RIGHTLYFULLY taking most of the blame because of the high expectations. Coach Pop has 4 titles but unfortunately he has gotten more stubborn over the years, especially during the playoffs. Pop has the tendency to go senile come playoff time.

Manu being the highest paid player on the team is deservedly taking a lot of harsh criticism for shooting below 40%FG throughout the playoffs and turning the ball over time after time. Danny Green, Kawhi Leonard, Gary Neal, and Boris Diaw are all role players and they by far exceeded expectations therefore they deserve little to no blame for Game 6. The same can't be said for Pop and Manu.

Conclusion - Popsuckers & Manutards will blame the Game 6 loss on the whole team and also on bad luck. Pop & Manu haters will probably never forgive Pop and Manu for Game 6 unless the Spurs can win it all next season.

xmas1997
09-23-2013, 04:08 PM
You put a lot of thought into this, didn't you TGY?
Wasted brain cells IMHO?:lol

TheGreatYacht
09-23-2013, 04:29 PM
You put a lot of thought into this, didn't you TGY?
Wasted brain cells IMHO?:lolNah... unlike like you, I have more than enough brain cells to spare. Too bad I can't give you any because you certainly need them.

Seriously, I cannot tell if you are a troll or just plain stupid.

xmas1997
09-23-2013, 04:33 PM
Nah... unlike like you, I have more than enough brain cells to spare. Too bad I can't give you any because you certainly need them.

Seriously, I cannot tell if you are a troll or just plain stupid.

I beg to differ with you.
Had you any brain cells left, then you would be able to tell the difference.:lol
But that is ok, we won't hold it against you.

TheGreatYacht
09-23-2013, 04:39 PM
You realize he is fucking with you right? He just trolled you with epic proportions! That was a amazing to read!!! Welcome to his carousel. I am LMAO!
If you were referring to TGY, or the others, yes, an obvious troll.
However if you were referring to me, then you couldn't be further from the truth because I've been part of this site for years yet have rarely posted simply because I come here for intelligent information, and not useless ignorant drivel.
In fact, I've been a Spurs fan since they came here from Dallas as the Chaparrals. And I've attended hundreds of games as well as posted many many times on the other Spurs forum, SR.
^^^ :lmao Too stupid to not realize you were called a troll.

xmas1997
09-23-2013, 04:43 PM
A troll is as a troll does.
You of all people should know this quite intimately!