PDA

View Full Version : 3 months later, what is your outlook of the 2012-13 season?

Prime Time
09-19-2013, 10:48 AM
Starting tomorrow, it will be exactly 3 months since the season ended. With that said, how is your outlook of this in terms of the now and the future?

Me? I loved it. My favorite season by far. Not sure how much that says, since I became a fan in 2008. But watching Timmy going HAM by owning every team he faced, Kawhi shutting down multiple players, The south beach stumble, Danny Green's fun shooting, Game 1 vs the Warriors, The entire Warriors series really. It was so exciting.. Not to mention sweeping the Gasol brothers

I know everyone is going to ignore it due to "6", but come on.. That season was fun as hell. I have so much faith in this team right now. To think Spurs went all the way to the finals with Parker hobbled (Except for the WCF really)? nothing short of sensational. I still look at multiple highlights from the playoffs

look_at_g_shred
09-19-2013, 10:53 AM
Best one since 2007

td4mvp2k
09-19-2013, 11:00 AM
1 of da GOAT

Dex
09-19-2013, 11:06 AM
:vomit:

xmas1997
09-19-2013, 11:13 AM
It was great, completely unexpected, I never thought they would get that far, and yet they came within a hair of taking it all!
I'm really proud of my Spurs, the whole team without exception!
No one predicted it, in fact they were not supposed to make it out of the first round according to all the experts and Vegas odds, and certainly not against the media darlings, the super star packed Heat with the supposed greatest basketball player on the planet!
So now I'm looking forward to getting a little revenge on the Heat, thus I hope we have another match up of the same two teams.
:flag:

Dex
09-19-2013, 11:16 AM
It was like a nightmare.

Everything seemed so perfect. Fantastic season. Kawhi emerges. Duncan's resurgence. Sweep the Lakers in the first round. Pull off a miracle comeback versus Golden State. Exact revenge against the Grizzlies.

A battle for the ages. The Old Guard vs. the New School. Substance vs. Hype.

And for one brief moment, the dream seemed complete. I was already envisioning Duncan holding up his fifth trophy above his head.

And then it all came crashing down. With two clanged free throws, two tipped rebounds, and two improbable threes....the dream was dashed in the most heart-wrenching way I can imagine losing a series.

The new season cannot start soon enough.

xmas1997
09-19-2013, 11:23 AM
It was like a nightmare.

Everything seemed so perfect. Fantastic season. Kawhi emerges. Duncan's resurgence. Sweep the Lakers in the first round. Pull off a miracle comeback versus Golden State. Exact revenge against the Grizzlies.

A battle for the ages. The Old Guard vs. the New School. Substance vs. Hype.

And for one brief moment, the dream seemed complete. I was already envisioning Duncan holding up his fifth trophy above his head.

And then it all came crashing down. With two clanged free throws, two tipped rebounds, and two improbable threes....the dream was dashed in the most heart-wrenching way I can imagine losing a series.

The new season cannot start soon enough.

I really like your description: substance vs. hype. Perfect analogy.

TheGreatYacht
09-19-2013, 11:34 AM
OP you must be my little brother's age. He used to hate the Spurs during the championship years and then suddenly had a change of heart and jumped on the bandwagon. Unfortunately, he joined the club too little, too late. Pop has gone senile. Manu is nothing but a washed up TOSB. The stars were aligned for us this year as much as they were for the Heat but Pop and Manu had to fuck it all up and hand the LOB trophy to the Heat.
It was great, completely unexpected, I never thought they would get that far, and yet they came within a hair of taking it all!
No one predicted it, in fact they were not supposed to make it out of the first round according to all the experts and Vegas odds, and certainly not against the media darlings, the super star packed Heat with the supposed greatest basketball player on the planet!
So now I'm looking forward to getting a little revenge on the Heat, thus I hope we have another match up of the same two teams.
:flag:And this is coming from the same person who thinks it's ok for Manu to have this pussy laid-back attitude about "so-and-so" and "I'm not fueled by revenge." :lol You are pathetic!

Skull-1
09-19-2013, 11:38 AM
This season was like banging the hottest chick on the planet, having the most awesome sex of all time for three hours straight...and two seconds before ignition she gets up and leaves.

benefactor
09-19-2013, 12:11 PM
It was a great season and a great run. The Spurs just have a lot of spoiled ass fans that don't know what it's like to cheer for a team that doesn't make the playoffs.

Let me put things in perspective for you...in the past 24 seasons the Spurs have only missed the playoffs once...and the year after that they received Tim Duncan in the lottery, just like they received David Robinson in the lottery in the first season of that 24 season run(this is where "tank for the lottery" Spur fan mentality comes from).

Some other highlights of that 24 season run...14 consecutive 50 win seasons(16 if you adjust the lockout season), 10 seasons with 58 wins or better, 14 division titles, 8 WCF appearances, 5 finals appearances and 4 titles. Did I mention they got not one, but two franchise big men during that time too?

All that said, anyone who is under the age of 30 and is primarily a basketball fan and a Spurs fan has no idea what it's like to root for a bad team. They are some of the most ungrateful fans in all of sports imo. They bitch, moan and meltdown about losing in the finals while die hard Hawks and Nets fans that are in that age bracket are just happy to see their team string together a few playoff appearances in a row and set their sights on maybe...just maybe reaching the conference finals. I'm almost ready for the transition years so NASF can really get a taste of what older fans felt in the six seasons prior to this current 24 season run, in which the Spurs only made it .500 once and either missed the playoffs or got bounced in the first round. Perhaps then they will stop acting like a bunch of entitled faggots and learn that sports is about more than being good all the time.

timtonymanu
09-19-2013, 12:12 PM
I'm excited for this season and truly believe the Spurs can make the Finals and possibly win. They're ready to redeem themselves. Plus I'm looking forward to seeing how Leonard and Joseph and Splitter take the next step. And how THAT dude and Ayres look.

Really, the Finals did hurt and "6" will always be the worst loss in Spurs history, but I can't be down about it. Beating the best player in the world and a team that won 27 in a row and were heavily favored all season would have been too difficult and we nearly did it. If the Spurs lost this way against the Pacers, it would have been unforgivable. Thankfully, the Spurs gave us a great playoff run before the meltdown.

But yes, I'm positive the team will have a great season. Easily Finals contenders this season.

xmas1997
09-19-2013, 12:36 PM
It was a great season and a great run. The Spurs just have a lot of spoiled ass fans that don't know what it's like to cheer for a team that doesn't make the playoffs.

Let me put things in perspective for you...in the past 24 seasons the Spurs have only missed the playoffs once...and the year after that they received Tim Duncan in the lottery, just like they received David Robinson in the lottery in the first season of that 24 season run(this is where "tank for the lottery" Spur fan mentality comes from).

Some other highlights of that 24 season run...14 consecutive 50 win seasons(16 if you adjust the lockout season), 10 seasons with 58 wins or better, 14 division titles, 8 WCF appearances, 5 finals appearances and 4 titles. Did I mention they got not one, but two franchise big men during that time too?

All that said, anyone who is under the age of 30 and is primarily a basketball fan and a Spurs fan has no idea what it's like to root for a bad team. They are some of the most ungrateful fans in all of sports imo. They bitch, moan and meltdown about losing in the finals while die hard Hawks and Nets fans that are in that age bracket are just happy to see their team string together a few playoff appearances in a row and set their sights on maybe...just maybe reaching the conference finals. I'm almost ready for the transition years so NASF can really get a taste of what older fans felt in the six seasons prior to this current 24 season run, in which the Spurs only made it .500 once and either missed the playoffs or got bounced in the first round. Perhaps then they will stop acting like a bunch of entitled faggots and learn that sports is about more than being good all the time.

Right on!
I just don't understand how this does not sink into their heads unless there is nothing there but a vacuum!

timtonymanu
09-19-2013, 12:47 PM
Seriously who expected the Spurs to be in a nail-biting 7 game series against the defending champs with the way they were playing the last month of the regular season? A number of people were saying the Spurs were the easiest first round opponent to play against the :lolakers. So yeah, I enjoyed this playoff run and I feel good knowing this team has another run in them next season.

xmas1997
09-19-2013, 01:08 PM
Seriously who expected the Spurs to be in a nail-biting 7 game series against the defending champs with the way they were playing the last month of the regular season? A number of people were saying the Spurs were the easiest first round opponent to play against the :lolakers. So yeah, I enjoyed this playoff run and I feel good knowing this team has another run in them next season.

I think most of us true Spurs fans feel this way, we've been there, done that, with this team before, so it fills us with pride at how well they did, not condescension that they didn't win it, nor blame for some of the players when they all had a hand in the loss. Not enough credit goes to Miami either for taking it away with their defense and offense.
Noooooooooo, it is all Manus fault, or Pops fault! What an infantile classless point of view, when they should be proud!

racm
09-19-2013, 01:10 PM

tbh a lot of the fans here are acting a lot like Lakerfans.

Becoming what you despise, indeed.

xmas1997
09-19-2013, 01:15 PM
tbh a lot of the fans here are acting a lot like Lakerfans.

Becoming what you despise, indeed.

Not a lot, just a few classless few. They should be ashamed of themselves. I am ashamed to call them Spur fans precisely for the reason you mention, bandwagon "what-have-you-done-for-me-lately" fans to be more precise.
It is shameful. We don't see the more respected older posters on this site acting this way, no, they have more class than to do that!

Sean Cagney
09-19-2013, 02:03 PM
:flag:
I agree it was great an unexpected, just wish they could have finished the JOB to make it legendary for us fans :( They were so close yet nobody expected it, still they had it . The fact we came within a hair of taking it all makes it sting more, if we just made it and bowed out in 5 or 6 then I would have accepted it better, they lost one of the worst ways possible so that makes it a little less of a great season than it would have.

They were horrible the last month man :lol I remember saying they might not make it out of the first round, if we did the second round they were toast. They looked bad, totally unexpected for them to gel like that and make that run outta nowhere, out from left field.

Sean Cagney
09-19-2013, 02:07 PM

One of the best posts ever in here.

justinandimcool
09-19-2013, 02:23 PM
It was fun. The joy of sweeping the Lakers, the OT game 1, finishing the Dubs on the road, sweeping Memphis, TP's shot, Danny's first 5 games of the finals.

Nothing to show for it and will ultimately be forgotten, but it was fun.

xmas1997
09-19-2013, 02:51 PM

One of the best posts ever in here.

And I agree too!

Sean Cagney
09-19-2013, 09:24 PM
It was fun. The joy of sweeping the Lakers, the OT game 1, finishing the Dubs on the road, sweeping Memphis, TP's shot, Danny's first 5 games of the finals.

Nothing to show for it and will ultimately be forgotten, but it was fun.
Spurs fans won't forget it, for better or for worse. It was fun though, just hate the way it ended.

elmanutres
09-19-2013, 09:50 PM
We were supposed to be done for after 2008, 2010,2011 and 2012. Everyone thought okc was going back. Nobody had us going to the finals except us. Everyone voted for okc or lakers to go to the finals. It was fun seeing all those spurs haters get proven wrong. It's funny how we almost beat the heat, yet going into this season, people just don't seem to learn their lesson. As usual, they count us out...again, after going back to the finals. I am very confident about going back to the finals. When you go downstairs, you see laker fans making fun of us. I let them have their fun, i read as much as those comments as much as i can. In fact, i watch game 6 and game 7 alot. Because i want to build up the tension for next season, so that winning it all next season would be much, much more sweeter. It would also mean i will go all over the web and brag and boast if we do win.

Skull-1
09-19-2013, 09:50 PM
Spurs fans won't forget it, for better or for worse. It was fun though, just hate the way it ended. I won't forget it because I was on my knees in front of the TV saying, "PLEASE MANU JUST MAKE THIS FREE THROW AND I SWEAR I WILL TAKE BACK EVERY CUSS WORD AND BAD THING I HAVE SAID ABOUT YOU THIS SERIES." *clang*

Kool Bob Love
09-19-2013, 10:05 PM
6 change me FOREVER.

The only way to get rid of this nightmare.....is to give them to someone else.

xmas1997
09-19-2013, 10:07 PM
Just remember kiddos, next year is an even numbered year.

Skull-1
09-19-2013, 10:08 PM
6 change me FOREVER.

The only way to get rid of this nightmare.....is to give them to someone else. Hell yes, brother. I am with ya. Six is a gawdamned nightmare. I finally stopped having dreams about that stupid game last month. Sheesh. This hurt worse than that stupid Dallas Cowboys - San Francisco 49ers NFC Championship Game with "The Catch" frankly.

Skull-1
09-19-2013, 10:09 PM
Just remember kiddos, next year is an even numbered year. Which means we are fuqd.

spurs10
09-19-2013, 10:20 PM

All that said, anyone who is under the age of 30 and is primarily a basketball fan and a Spurs fan has no idea what it's like to root for a bad team. They are some of the most ungrateful fans in all of sports imo. They bitch, moan and meltdown about losing in the finals while die hard Hawks and Nets fans that are in that age bracket are just happy to see their team string together a few playoff appearances in a row and set their sights on maybe...just maybe reaching the conference finals. I'm almost ready for the transition years so NASF can really get a taste of what older fans felt in the six seasons prior to this current 24 season run, in which the Spurs only made it .500 once and either missed the playoffs or got bounced in the first round. Perhaps then they will stop acting like a bunch of entitled faggots and learn that sports is about more than being good all the time. :clap

xmas1997
09-19-2013, 10:44 PM

There have been many people posting great posts lately, but this one pretty much sums everything up in a nice tight little nutshell.
I hope some of this good realism sinks in to the younger posters here and they can begin to act with the class that that has typified most Spur fans of the past.
Thank you again, benefactor, excellent and very very astute post. Wish I had said it this well. :hat

Skull-1
09-19-2013, 10:47 PM
There have been many people posting great posts lately, but this one pretty much sums everything up in a nice tight little nutshell.
I hope some of this good realism sinks in to the younger posters here and they can begin to act with the class that that has typified most Spur fans of the past.
Thank you again, benefactor, excellent and very very astute post. Wish I had said it this well. :hat Please stop glugging his (everyone's) nuts. It is unbecoming. Geeze.

xmas1997
09-19-2013, 10:56 PM
Apparently having some class isn't something that can be learned.

Skull-1
09-19-2013, 11:01 PM
Apparently having some class isn't something that can be learned. And if you are an example/case study, apparently, neither can intelligence/reading comprehension/good insults.

lefty
09-19-2013, 11:12 PM
66666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666 66666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666 66666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666

Skull-1
09-19-2013, 11:22 PM
Too many numberzzzzzz Lefty!! :)

ElNono
09-20-2013, 03:15 AM
Looking good... can't wait to see the new additions and how Kawhi looks...

xmas1997
09-20-2013, 08:00 AM
Should be a very interesting season with TD boxing, Cojo, TP, Diaw, and Nando probably exhausted, Kawhi throwing baseballs, Green accidently partying with Labron, and Manu working out with a Spur trainer in Argentina, plus the two new guys, Ayers and an exhausted Beli.

Captivus
09-20-2013, 08:14 AM
Great season, enjoyed it a lot.

Theres an article in BR, that talks about something that I wasnt fully aware of, at least I didnt thought it was this bad.
San Antonio Spurs: Get to the Free-Throw Line More Often Ronald Martinez/Getty Images The San Antonio Spurs' offense isn't predicated on lengthy post-ups or creative wing slashers, but they need to find a way to draw more fouls and get to the free-throw line.
During the 2012-13 campaign, Gregg Popovich's crew ranked in the bottom third of the league in free-throw attempts with 21.0 per contest. Come playoff time, they hardly improved on that number, tossing just 21.5 per game.
Two players who are noticeably underachieving in this area are Kawhi Leonard and Danny Green. While logging a combined 58.7 minutes every night, they teamed to attempt 3.2 free throws.

That statistic needs to change, and it probably will as Leonard continues to develop offensively.
Almost all of the Spurs' major rotational players shoot better than 80 percent from the charity stripe, so it would be wise to get there more frequently.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1777066-the-1-improvement-every-2013-14-nba-title-contender-needs-to-make/page/2

benefactor
09-20-2013, 08:19 AM
Not suprising for Green...as he can't dribble and his primary responsibility in the offense is to space the floor and make threes, which he happens to be very good at. Leonard simply was not involved in the offense enough/not looking for his own shot enough. If he gets more plays called for him and continues to up his aggression you will see his attempts rise. There is also the fact that Leonard's go to move is his baseline rocker step, which is not a shot that intiates contact.

mountainballer
09-20-2013, 08:54 AM
San Antonio Spurs: Get to the Free-Throw Line More Often

Beli will help to get there. not much, but he will. during the Eurobasket he went to the line 6 times per 40 minutes.
he isn't Manu, but he is clearly better in the contact department than Green and Kawhi and much better than Neal was. this is one more reason, why I think he might end up as the starting SG.

barakz21
09-20-2013, 09:22 AM
Would be an amazing setup if the spurs end up winning their fifth title this year, with TD retiring at the end.

xmas1997
09-20-2013, 09:35 AM
I do not think TD is ready to retire yet, IMHO he will play a couple more years after this one.

tmtcsc
09-20-2013, 09:38 AM
Losing in 7 to the Heat was a horrible ending to a great season, but it was a great season. Game 6 doesn't sting as much for me because I never for 1 second allowed myself to believe the game was won. Some may find that hard to believe but like I've mentioned before, I've seen games where the Spurs have lost a lead with .4 seconds on the clock, lost a 13 pt lead in less than a minute, etc. Seriously, not for 1 second did I think we had the game won.

I still thought we could win Game 7 because we were the better team but Tony was lame/hurt and couldn't provide the game we needed from him to win. Those are the breaks. When the margin is that small between teams, home court advantage and injuries come in to play. If I'm not mistaken, the Spurs held Bosh, Allen and Miller scoreless in Game 7 AND we lost. Who knew Battier would go off? Well, Spurs fans who've seen him do it to us before have, but that's besides the point. Lebron and Battier came up bigger than our stars in the deciding game and that was that.

But still....a very entertaining season and terrific playoff run. This season should be just as good as long as we stay healthy.

weeks
09-20-2013, 09:38 AM
I remember coming into the playoffs with a lot of trepidation.
We had basically crash landed into the postseason, and the team was not the same Spurs I began watching.
And then it went amazing, better than I ever expected.

Looking back and taking it as a whole, it was a wild ride of a season, with dizzying highs and absolutely crushing lows.

it saw the birth of a new phrase of infamy to haunt this franchise for all time.
28 seconds.
it saw the spurs finally participate in a well-rated finals series, not just in terms of raw numbers, but also critical enjoyment.

it ended in the worst way, but i refuse to forget the good moments.

xmas1997
09-20-2013, 09:44 AM
I remember coming into the playoffs with a lot of trepidation.
We had basically crash landed into the postseason, and the team was not the same Spurs I began watching.
And then it went amazing, better than I ever expected.

Looking back and taking it as a whole, it was a wild ride of a season, with dizzying highs and absolutely crushing lows.

it saw the birth of a new phrase of infamy to haunt this franchise for all time.
28 seconds.
it saw the spurs finally participate in a well-rated finals series, not just in terms of raw numbers, but also critical enjoyment.

it ended in the worst way, but i refuse to forget the good moments.

I agree with you, although I will be bashed for it, for not agreeing with the TGY & skull party line of blaming Manu for everything that went wrong.
I still will remember the improbable ride we had last year.
I am very proud of our Spurs, all of them, the WHOLE damn team!
Here's to our championships! :flag::flag::flag::flag:
And an upcoming one!:flag:

SenorSpur
09-20-2013, 09:59 AM

I concur. :tu

The pre-Robinson, pre-Pop and pre-Buford era were indeed some very dark days. Whenever the Spurs do go into rebuild mode (I'd guess 2015), at least this organization will have the benefit of competent management and ownership. That was sorely lacking back in those dark days of the mid-80's.

xmas1997
09-20-2013, 10:09 AM

To whom it may concern (especially those two trolls who shall remain nameless, but they know who they are):
You need to pay very close attention to the post I am quoting, especially the underlined and bold part, if you erroneously think that Manu was the sole reason the Spurs lost!
And maybe, just maybe, you might happen to learn something very profound.
However, having said this, nothing, no truths, nothing at all, will sink into those two brainless ignorant idiots, unless you cast blame toward Manu for all the Spurs ills! They even profess to know what all the other Spurs think and feel about Manu.
You need boots and a gasmask to walk through their posts these days because the bullshit is so thick and stinky! :lol

3 Legged Dog
09-24-2013, 12:51 AM
Pop choked
Manu choked
Danny Green choked
Tony's year round ball left him exhausted. So he played for France again. And now he's "tired"

anakha
09-24-2013, 01:22 AM
To whom it may concern (especially those two trolls who shall remain nameless, but they know who they are):
You need to pay very close attention to the post I am quoting, especially the underlined and bold part, if you erroneously think that Manu was the sole reason the Spurs lost!
And maybe, just maybe, you might happen to learn something very profound.
However, having said this, nothing, no truths, nothing at all, will sink into those two brainless ignorant idiots, unless you cast blame toward Manu for all the Spurs ills! They even profess to know what all the other Spurs think and feel about Manu.
You need boots and a gasmask to walk through their posts these days because the bullshit is so thick and stinky! :lol

You sound obsessed.

xmas1997
09-24-2013, 08:45 AM
You sound obsessed.

I am the one who sounds obsessed? ? ?
Obviously you haven't been reading much from these threads because even a simpleton can see who the trolls are on this site. And calling them trolls is being nice. I have stooped to their level often enough to get very demeaning with them unfortunately.
Why do you berate me instead of those who maintain over and over and over again and again and again the same redundant drivel?
No offense to you, but you choose to single me out instead of those who perpetrate the redundancy and contaminate every thread here, even if the thread has absolutely nothing to do with Manu or Pop.
What's up with that?

anakha
09-24-2013, 08:58 AM
If constantly posting about them is a must in your life, knock yourself out.

If they really are trolls, constantly talking about them nonstop is laughably counterproductive and self-defeating.

xmas1997
09-24-2013, 09:45 AM
If constantly posting about them is a must in your life, knock yourself out.

If they really are trolls, constantly talking about them nonstop is laughably counterproductive and self-defeating.

How so?
I am not saying you're wrong, but rather asking what is your solution?
Nothing seems to stop the redundant drivel.
I am as tired of the BS, that they contaminate every single thread with, as the next person is.
Just because someone has a different opinion, or an alternative take on the situation, it does not deserve to be baselessly bashed for that view, anymore than the original one does.
But if they are going to bash, then they deserve no less than an equal and thorough bashing themselves.
Are you inferring that that tactic just perpetuates the ignorance, that that is what they want us to do, in other words they are baiting us, i.e. we are feeding the trolls, as one poster pointed out?
If so, again, what is your solution? Because so far, nothing seems to work.
I look for valid information on this site, not redundant ignorance, and if you had read any of my earlier posts through the years, you would already know that is usually what I post as well. I am not so insecure as to have to keep making the same point over and over again no matter if it has nothing to do with the threads' subject matter, nor so immature as to resort to the use of bashing to try to make a point. I bashed because those they were bashing were being unfairly picked on.
What is your solution? Because they apparently won't quietly fade away.
And I am not so prideful as to not be able to take constructive criticism, we never stop learning no matter the age.
I have somewhat resolved things with two of them so far, yet it is the most ignorant among them that things still remain out of control.

RD2191
09-24-2013, 10:01 AM
:nope

anakha
09-24-2013, 10:08 AM
Just put them all on ignore and pay no attention to them if you are that bothered by their posting.

People will post what they want regardless of what other people say. If flaming them makes no difference in their behavior, why bother then?

Posters here are generally intelligent enough to know if they're being baited. They don't need to be told to disregard someone.

TheGreatYacht
09-24-2013, 10:19 AM
^^^ xmas1997, you just got called stupid in a very polite manner. What more evidence do you need to realize the dumbfuck that you are?

As I once said, you are nothing but a sheep that follows everything that Pop and the FO does. You are a cheerleader that is blinded by homerism that supports Pop and Manu no matter how wrong they may be.

Have fun being a sheep and a cheerleader. Enjoy being buried in delusion.

xmas1997
09-24-2013, 10:43 AM
Just put them all on ignore and pay no attention to them if you are that bothered by their posting.

People will post what they want regardless of what other people say. If flaming them makes no difference in their behavior, why bother then?

Posters here are generally intelligent enough to know if they're being baited. They don't need to be told to disregard someone.

^^^ xmas1997, you just got called stupid in a very polite manner. What more evidence do you need to realize the dumbfuck that you are?

As I once said, you are nothing but a sheep that follows everything that Pop and the FO does. You are a cheerleader that is blinded by homerism that supports Pop and Manu no matter how wrong they may be.

Have fun being a sheep and a cheerleader. Enjoy being buried in delusion.

Anaka, do you see what I mean? More derogatory ignorant drivel. Their ignorance knows no bounds and even when called out on it, it doesn't seem to sink in to those empty headed idiots! :lol
I am constantly laughing at them for their feeble attempts at sarcasm. TGY is by far the worst of them, and the least intelligent.
You say put them on ignore. I have.
But they still post their diarrhea for all to get sick of, and their idiotic remarks (bashing) that should be addressed and corrected, i.e. just like they twisted your words to say something you never intended said, just total incomprehension and ignorance.
Do you not mind that you are represented in such a manner as you never intended to be represented?
I suppose in the grand scheme of things, TGY is truly a troll and gets his kicks being one, otherwise why maintain such a ridiculous and ignorant stance?
And yet you contend that posters here are intelligent enough to see through the ignorant BS that they spew and thus disregard them.
Ok, we shall see if that is the case, but so far I have not seen this. I have seen quite a few contest their BS only to be bashed in return, but at least the haters are a tiny minority who continue to lose credibility with every post they make.
This is a small consolation.
In any case, I will keep laughing at their ignorance instead of trying to educate them of their folly.

kobyz
09-24-2013, 11:02 AM
My look on the season is the biggest pain a man has ever experience, dissepointment that kill your soul and that make you miserable forever with no chance to get even a little, the last season was the most dark experience god could create and hurt a human being...

xmas1997
09-24-2013, 11:17 AM
My look on the season is the biggest pain a man has ever experience, dissepointment that kill your soul and that make you miserable forever with no chance to get even a little, the last season was the most dark experience god could create and hurt a human being...

You already said this. We read it the first time. You don't need to tell us again.

BG_Spurs_Fan
09-24-2013, 11:24 AM

lol bullshit :lol

DesignatedT
09-24-2013, 11:26 AM
Stay healthy and we have just a good a chance as anyone. Tall order though.

look_at_g_shred
09-24-2013, 11:28 AM
Stay healthy and we have just a good a chance as anyone. Tall order though.

What's up man? Long off-season huh?

DesignatedT
09-24-2013, 11:40 AM
What's up man? Long off-season huh?

Feel like the finals just ended tbh :lol

Can't believe media day is less than a week away. Not hard for me to get excited about the Spurs playing though. I'll get right back into the groove of things when the season starts. I actually think the quick turnaround off the finals loss will result in the fans being excited about the season from the get go.

look_at_g_shred
09-24-2013, 12:17 PM
Feel like the finals just ended tbh :lol

Can't believe media day is less than a week away. Not hard for me to get excited about the Spurs playing though. I'll get right back into the groove of things when the season starts. I actually think the quick turnaround off the finals loss will result in the fans being excited about the season from the get go.

Yeah i'm pumped as well.

bus driver
09-24-2013, 12:29 PM
championship or bust

Obstructed_View
09-24-2013, 12:39 PM
It's all in the hands of an insane coach who does incredibly stupid shit in crunch time.

xellos88330
09-24-2013, 12:45 PM
If Timmy can play like he did last season, I expect another return to the NBA Finals. Spurs went that far with a sub par Manu, limping Parker, disappearing Splitter, chucking Neal, Matt Bonner, and a too scared to shoot Diaw. I believe this team could be better than last years. I expect some bumps in the road early, but the Spurs will find their stride and pace the Western Conference.

COME ON TIMMY!!! MAKE YOUR MAGIC MERLIN!!!

Johnny RIngo
09-24-2013, 01:13 PM
TD's comeback season and TP elevating his game made the season worthwhile. Leonard and Green were reliable role players thoughout the season.

Manu shouldn't have bothered suiting up. The last time he gave a shit about basketball was that worthless FIBA tournament last summer. If he's going to half-ass it when it comes to the NBA, he should save us all the trouble and retire. Play ball strictly for Argentina if you like your shitty national team that much.

TheGreatYacht
09-24-2013, 01:38 PM
It's all in the hands of an insane coach who does incredibly stupid shit in crunch time.
TD's comeback season and TP elevating his game made the season worthwhile. Leonard and Green were reliable role players thoughout the season.

Manu shouldn't have bothered suiting up. The last time he gave a shit about basketball was that worthless FIBA tournament last summer. If he's going to half-ass it when it comes to the NBA, he should save us all the trouble and retire. Play ball strictly for Argentina if you like your shitty national team that much.BOOM!
http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/images/GifGuide/clapping/1292223254212-dumpfm-mario-Obamaclap.gif (http://www.spurstalk.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=eTD2r8TCypOAzM&tbnid=T1NqBfDTuh5umM:&ved=0CAgQjRwwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.funnyordie.com%2Flists%2F3086 8d6681%2Fgif-guide-clapping&ei=JdxBUoGfOemx2AXZ3YC4AQ&psig=AFQjCNELhzhmFGrVFMzmmAU0IrqHzyLC0A&ust=1380134310007444)

xmas1997
09-24-2013, 03:51 PM
BOOM!

:lol
I have your "boom" hanging.

anakha
09-24-2013, 04:02 PM
words

If they are indeed trolls, posting about them directs attention to them, which is what a troll wants.

If they honestly believe what they say, no amount of internet posting will change their minds.

Either way, it's a waste of time and effort. Just stop reading their posts if it honestly bothers you.

Skull-1
09-24-2013, 04:27 PM

Manu shouldn't have bothered suiting up. The last time he gave a shit about basketball was that worthless FIBA tournament last summer. If he's going to half-ass it when it comes to the NBA, he should save us all the trouble and retire. Play ball strictly for Argentina if you like your shitty national team that much.
Nice. His attitude change is rather inexplicable.

silverblk mystix
09-24-2013, 04:41 PM

You, sir- are the definition of a born loser. You were a loser when you were born, a loser growing up, and a loser as a fan - who jizzed himself because the Spurs had some success, and now you are a loser who is satisfied and cannot understand why a WINNER - would demand WINNING.

You make me sick to my stomach and you are also infecting a lot of people here with that pussy, satisfied, losing outlook.

"oooh - oooh - stop being spoiled - we already have all we deserve!!!" "Don't you dare ask or expect more - just be happy with the past and what we already have!!!"

Loser.

TE
09-24-2013, 04:46 PM
You, sir- are the definition of a born loser. You were a loser when you were born, a loser growing up, and a loser as a fan - who jizzed himself because the Spurs had some success, and now you are a loser who is satisfied and cannot understand why a WINNER - would demand WINNING.

You make me sick to my stomach and you are also infecting a lot of people here with that pussy, satisfied, losing outlook.

"oooh - oooh - stop being spoiled - we already have all we deserve!!!" "Don't you dare ask or expect more - just be happy with the past and what we already have!!!"

Loser.

benefactor
09-24-2013, 04:49 PM
:lol...whatever you say, Tino.

TheGreatYacht
09-24-2013, 04:51 PM

Loser.:toast

benefactor
09-24-2013, 05:14 PM
Satisfied with winning = loser mentality...:lol

The fat, Mexican, guitar playing prison guard has spoken.

Skull-1
09-24-2013, 05:17 PM

The fat, Mexican, guitar playing prison guard has spoken..

Uh, we lost, dipwad. We haven't won since 2007.

xmas1997
09-24-2013, 05:19 PM

The fat, Mexican, guitar playing prison guard has spoken.

Well, you tried to reason with these trolls, as did I, and look where it got you, same as with me.
It is hard to resist feeding them but that is exactly what trolls want you to do, they bait, and the best thing to do with ignorant people that have no desire to change their ignorant ways is to just laugh at them, especially since they stubbornly refuse to see reason or wisdom, foreign concepts to them.

spurraider21
09-24-2013, 05:33 PM
:toast
I love how Benefactor's post references kids under 30, and the high school kid clearly 'likes' the comment that goes against Benefactor's

TE
09-24-2013, 05:41 PM
Well, you tried to reason with these trolls, as did I, and look where it got you, same as with me.
It is hard to resist feeding them but that is exactly what trolls want you to do, they bait, and the best thing to do with ignorant people that have no desire to change their ignorant ways is to just laugh at them, especially since they stubbornly refuse to see reason or wisdom, foreign concepts to them.
Not even trying to fuck with you, real talk...you're the most trollable poster on the site. It makes it worse for you in how whiny your posts can come off in context. If I was a friend, I'd tell you to grow some balls.

xmas1997
09-24-2013, 05:48 PM
Not even trying to fuck with you, real talk...you're the most trollable poster on the site. It makes it worse for you in how whiny your posts can come off in context. If I was a friend, I'd tell you to grow some balls.

Is your name TGY? No!
Wasn't even talking about you, yet you choose to bash me again?

silverblk mystix
09-24-2013, 05:52 PM

TE
09-24-2013, 05:53 PM
Is your name TGY? No!
Wasn't even talking about you, yet you choose to bash me again?

I'm talking to you and you obviously read my post. Instead of dancing around the issue like an immature little kid, take my motherfucking advice.

Science, bitch!

xmas1997
09-24-2013, 05:58 PM
I'm talking to you and you obviously read my post. Instead of dancing around the issue like an immature little kid, take my motherfucking advice.

Science, bitch!

So you want to start it up again with me?
Dancing around the issue?
Read your post?
What the hell are you talking about?
I have no issue with you, but if you escalate things again, I can certainly make one.
If you have an issue with someone, take it up with them and leave me out of it!
I've kept my end up and not bashed you or skull, but we can get it back on if you want,
Because you have obviously mistaken me for someone who gives a shit.

TE
09-24-2013, 06:05 PM
So you want to start it up again with me?
Dancing around the issue?
Read your post?
What the hell are you talking about?
I have no issue with you, but if you escalate things again, I can certainly make one.
If you have an issue with someone, take it up with them and leave me out of it!

You really want to spar with me again after I demasculanized you? All I did was offer advice because I'm nice. Don't make this about me, it's about you and your vulnerable tendencies to be a whiny pussy online.

200 miles
09-24-2013, 06:08 PM
championship or bust

Exactly. In fact this season, or postseason I should say, should be about taking no prisoners by steamrolling to an NBA title. By that I mean not caring about the Spurs winning certain playoff games filled with controversy (whether it's by blown calls or no calls in crunch time or Horry-esque hits on other teams' players or so on) and just win the LOB BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY. I don't care who says the Spurs don't deserve it as long as they win it period. Almost everybody in America hates the Spurs anyway, so to hell with them.

NO MERCY.

xmas1997
09-24-2013, 06:14 PM
I don't spar with cretins, it's unfair to take advantage of eunuchs.
Apparently you didn't get enough the first time.
You were a fool then, and you'll be made a fool again.
Once a fool, always a fool.
You know who the real trolls are on here, yet you turn a blind eye to them, and follow their party line hook line and sinker.
I thought you once told me you were your own man. So am I.
Then did you all of a sudden decide to bash me, when I wasn't even referring to you?
Do you have a guilt complex or something?
We had an uneasy truce, but now you want to break it?

Skull-1
09-24-2013, 06:15 PM
You really want to spar with me again after I demasculanized you? All I did was offer advice because I'm nice. Don't make this about me, it's about you and your vulnerable tendencies to be a whiny pussy online.
Oh I so want to lmfao....

Skull-1
09-24-2013, 06:16 PM
I don't spar with cretins, it's unfair to take advantage of unicks.
You know who the real trolls are on here, yet you turn a blind eye to them, and follow their party line hook line and sinker.
Then did you all of a sudden decide to bash me, when I wasn't even referring to you?

Eunuchs.

xmas1997
09-24-2013, 06:17 PM
Exactly. In fact this season, or postseason I should say, should be about taking no prisoners by steamrolling to an NBA title. By that I mean not caring about the Spurs winning certain playoff games filled with controversy (whether it's by blown calls or no calls in crunch time or Horry-esque hits on other teams' players or so on) and just win the LOB BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY. I don't care who says the Spurs don't deserve it as long as they win it period. Almost everybody in America hate the Spurs anyway, so to hell with them.

NO MERCY.

Once again the Spurs should be under the radar.

xmas1997
09-24-2013, 06:18 PM
Eunuchs.

How right you are. Didn't get to edit in time.
My bad.

200 miles
09-24-2013, 06:20 PM
Once again the Spurs should be under the radar.

Perfect

Cue the Monty Burns' 'excellent' lol

Ed Helicopter Jones
09-24-2013, 06:44 PM
I don't think there's an 'outlook' for the 2012-13 season...it's over...we lost...time to turn the page.

What I do expect/hope is that the Spurs will play with the knowledge and confidence that they can absolutely make it back to the Finals, and absolutely win it all this year. My thought is that the West has gotten a little weaker. I think the Clippers will be tougher, and Houston might be better. Golden State will be on par with last season, same for Memphis, but we'll see a little decline from OKC. The Lakers and Mavs could be the spoilers if either of those teams gets going towards the end of the year. You know LA will go after a player or two mid-stream if they're not where they want to be by mid-season, and Dallas was injury plagued last year, and I always feel they're tough with Dirk no matter how much Cuban tries to mess that team up.

It's going to boil down to who's healthy and who's not at year-end, but if SA can go through next post season at full strength...a GIANT if, then I'd say our chances of winning it all are as good as anyone else's.

I think Miami might get beat in the Eastern PO this year...not sure why, just a feeling.

xmas1997
09-24-2013, 06:58 PM
I don't think there's an 'outlook' for the 2012-13 season...it's over...we lost...time to turn the page.

What I do expect/hope is that the Spurs will play with the knowledge and confidence that they can absolutely make it back to the Finals, and absolutely win it all this year. My thought is that the West has gotten a little weaker. I think the Clippers will be tougher, and Houston might be better. Golden State will be on par with last season, same for Memphis, but we'll see a little decline from OKC. The Lakers and Mavs could be the spoilers if either of those teams gets going towards the end of the year. You know LA will go after a player or two mid-stream if they're not where they want to be by mid-season, and Dallas was injury plagued last year, and I always feel they're tough with Dirk no matter how much Cuban tries to mess that team up.

It's going to boil down to who's healthy and who's not at year-end, but if SA can go through next post season at full strength...a GIANT if, then I'd say our chances of winning it all are as good as anyone else's.

I think Miami might get beat in the Eastern PO this year...not sure why, just a feeling.

I agree with you. As for the good health part, it boils down to luck. They all say you have to not only be a really good basketball team, but also really lucky that your key players stay healthy.

TE
09-24-2013, 06:59 PM
I don't spar with cretins, it's unfair to take advantage of eunuchs.

Son, I'm giving you advice. You either take it or ignore it. You seem to want to fight it. I wonder why.

TE
09-24-2013, 07:01 PM
I agree with you. As for the good health part, it boils down to luck. They all say you have to not only be a really good basketball team, but also really lucky that your key players stay healthy.

Good luck such as the luck of last year (ideal matchups, Westbrick going down,etc) are hard to come by. Not going to be easy to get back.

xmas1997
09-24-2013, 07:05 PM
Good luck such as the luck of last year (ideal matchups, Westbrick going down,etc) are hard to come by. Not going to be easy to get back.

I agree. Good luck definitely extends beyond just having your own players healthy at the right time.
I thought our luck was with us in the finals when the announcers kept saying Wade was hurt. But then TP got hurt, and Wade played beyond himself.
Oh well, luck is a fickle mistress.

TheGreatYacht
09-24-2013, 07:37 PM
Good luck such as the luck of last year (ideal matchups, Westbrick going down,etc) are hard to come by. Not going to be easy to get back.Too bad the Popsuckers and Manutards deny this. They say that we still would have beaten the Lakers and Thunder had Kobe and Westbrook been healthy which I agree BUT sweeping the Lakers and Memphis is what allowed our team to be healthy during the NBA Finals. Of course all that did no good because that TOSB of Manu was well rested and healthy and he still played like shit.

Skull-1
09-24-2013, 07:40 PM
How right you are. Didn't get to edit in time.
My bad.
Just making sure you didn't mean Unix. Ha.

tmtcsc
09-24-2013, 08:48 PM
I guess I'm in the minority when it comes to the Thunder. Playing them without Westbrick would have made things easier but I believed if both teams were healthy and played their best, the Spurs still would have come out on top. This year, the Thunder are going to be minus their 3rd scoring threat with Martin gone. They have clearly taken a step back. The Spurs remain the better TEAM. Barring injuries, we win the title in 2013-2014.

We lost Gary Neal and replaced him with Bellinelli and replaced Blair with Penderchangedhisname. I still think we could use a veteran pg to back-up Tony but perhaps Joseph, DeColo and Mills can fill the void.

As for the rest of the West:

Golden State added a nice piece with A.I., but they gave up some quality role players in the process. I think they took a step back as far as chemistry goes. It will take a while to get it going.

Houston added Howard but he's a cry-baby and perennial loser. They too will need time to gel.

The Clippers may have improved their coaching but will it be enough to make Deandre Jordan and Griffith better? I don't think so.

Memphis lost their coach against most of the players' wishes. As much as I disliked watching that pimp-suit wearing fool pace the sidelines, he was a good leader. They re-signed Allen and added Mike Miller but he's not the answer. They still lack a perimeter player who can create his own shot. They took a step back.

hyhy
09-28-2013, 01:23 PM

Common sense and Logic says you should kill yourself.

-21-
09-28-2013, 03:46 PM
Hell of a season where the stars seemed to align for the Spurs. Took a little bit of luck (which you need when your core is really old) but they made it to the Finals.

Still sucks like crazy when Game 6 comes to mind but it was a great season... one of the best, tbh. Just can't wait for the 2014 season to start.

Proxy
09-28-2013, 04:06 PM
Confident.

DG, Kawhi, and Tiago will all benefit from the experience. Excited about Marco. Young/Maggette could potentially be important pieces, or no worse than Jack was last year. I think Timmy and Parker will pick up from last year. Hoping Manu regains his confidence.

Also looking to hear more about sandwiches from Matty. We'll see if Patty adds any new towel waves to his already impressive arsenal........ and no Blair..........

disclaimer: no season ending injuries