PDA

View Full Version : Should Chip Kelly make the switch at QB, tbh?..

HarlemHeat37
09-19-2013, 10:58 PM
I forgot the backup's name, tbh:lol, but should Kelly go with the backup?..

Vick is still terrible, tbh, despite his gaudy fantasy stat-padding..he still can't read a defense and his accuracy is poor..also, he's probably going to get hurt and miss the rest of the year anyways, tbh..

symple19
09-19-2013, 11:03 PM
yes

Fabbs
09-19-2013, 11:06 PM
One of if not the key play of the game to me was
16-9
11 yard line
2nd and 3

Vick gets ball in the shotgun and tries to force a pass thru. Looked like he had some running room, not a lot but certainly enough to gain. If not a 1st down then even a yard or two sets up a very makeable 3rd down. Don't know if Vick is trying too hard to prove he is not a monkeyballer, but that is what it looked like to me.
Another botched pass attempt on 3rd down and they only get a field goal. Total suckage.

I'd like to know here who called the play and if Vick had the option to run.

Avante
09-19-2013, 11:08 PM
I forgot the backup's name, tbh:lol, but should Kelly go with the backup?..

Vick is still terrible, tbh, despite his gaudy fantasy stat-padding..he still can't read a defense and his accuracy is poor..also, he's probably going to get hurt and miss the rest of the year anyways, tbh..

Nick Foles or Matt Barkley are not the answer, they are stuck with Vick and it's going to get really ugly. Philly the worst place to have a bad coach/QB combo. It's not going to get any better either.

Next up...Denver..on the road and then two more road games. They could be 1-5.

Chinook
09-20-2013, 02:08 AM
That system needs a quick-passing quarterback. It might be time to give Barkley a shot. Along the same lines, Deshaun Jackson isn't really a good fit for that team going forward.

Avante
09-20-2013, 02:32 AM
That system needs a quick-passing quarterback. It might be time to give Barkley a shot. Along the same lines, Deshaun Jackson isn't really a good fit for that team going forward.

Barkley isn't a runner so how does he run that system? What's wrong with Jackson?

Chinook
09-20-2013, 02:46 AM
The system needs quick accurate passing to keep the drives going more than it needs running. And Jackson's strong suit is his speed, which is wasting in a quick-passing offense. Sure, he can get screens, but deep attempts bog an offense down when they don't work, and that leads to losing the time of possession.

Avante
09-20-2013, 02:58 AM
The system needs quick accurate passing to keep the drives going more than it needs running. And Jackson's strong suit is his speed, which is wasting in a quick-passing offense. Sure, he can get screens, but deep attempts bog an offense down when they don't work, and that leads to losing the time of possession.

That system is about putting a defense in a ...is he gonna run or pass...situation which back offs backers. Without the threat of the QB run we see backers cheating up which hurts the running game.

Jackson is perfect for that system..if...they had another receiver to compliment him. Well they actually do with Macklin but as we know...........

The Reckoning
09-20-2013, 05:43 AM
draft johnny pro. he'd be a philly fan's wet dream.

honestly id be surprised if they don't since chip recruited him in college.

BRHornet45
09-20-2013, 07:33 AM
ANY team with a black quaterback should make the switch.

Yea I know Obama's America and the politically correct crowd will tell you otherwise, but if you want to win championships then you won't have a black quaterback.

Trill Clinton
09-20-2013, 08:39 AM
http://i40.tinypic.com/xga620.png so we just gone forget how vick balled out the previous 2 games. the eagles best chance to compete is with vick under center. we already saw what nick foles-like a lawn chair can do and matt barkley is just another scrub usc quarterback.

Trill Clinton
09-20-2013, 09:31 AM
That system is about putting a defense in a ...is he gonna run or pass...situation which back offs backers. Without the threat of the QB run we see backers cheating up which hurts the running game.

Jackson is perfect for that system..if...they had another receiver to compliment him. Well they actually do with Macklin but as we know...........

word. what we saw last night was if a defense can take desean out of the game, the passing game is pretty much over. they really really really reeaally need maclin or another good #2 receiver. avant is old as hell and cooper is a scrub who can't get open to save his life.

spurraider21
09-20-2013, 12:07 PM
The Eagles could use Alex Smith tbh :lol. short quick throws, and hand it off aplenty

Raven
10-13-2013, 03:02 PM
Foles played great today.

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-13-2013, 03:11 PM
:lmao Baguars faking a punt deep in their own territory

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-13-2013, 03:11 PM
OOps wrong thread :lol

spurraider21
10-13-2013, 03:16 PM
its weird to post "foles sucks as well" when he just lit up a good secondary for 300+ and 4 td's

HarlemHeat37
11-03-2013, 06:54 PM
Damn, Nick Foles is a bad SAWM, tbh..

:lmao Vick, pussy boy, one of the most overhyped careers in NFL history..

Pelicans78
11-03-2013, 06:55 PM
Vick could never play this well and stay healthy.

Raven
11-03-2013, 07:56 PM
there is some material there tbh

HarlemHeat37
12-03-2013, 08:54 PM
Nick Foles or Matt Barkley are not the answer, they are stuck with Vick and it's going to get really ugly. Philly the worst place to have a bad coach/QB combo. It's not going to get any better either.

Hey man, do you still think Foles isn't the answer, tbh?..

Holden_Caulfield
12-03-2013, 08:55 PM
lol faggot avante with the shitty takes :lol

Pelicans78
12-03-2013, 08:58 PM

You'd be a perfect fit on First Take.

jimbo
12-03-2013, 09:46 PM
Vick could never play this well and stay healthy.

He played better than this in 2010. Hasn't sniffed anything close to that since though.

Chinook
12-03-2013, 10:12 PM
Damn, Harlem. How many takes are you going to knock out of the park this year?

HarlemHeat37
12-03-2013, 10:56 PM
My take wasn't great, tbh, I forgot Foles's name:lol..

Vick is just a cancer, addition by subtraction, obvious move, tbh..

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-03-2013, 10:59 PM

Another great take from the NFL historian.

DPG21920
12-04-2013, 12:22 AM
http://i40.tinypic.com/xga620.png so we just gone forget how vick balled out the previous 2 games. the eagles best chance to compete is with vick under center. we already saw what nick foles-like a lawn chair can do and matt barkley is just another scrub usc quarterback.

word. what we saw last night was if a defense can take desean out of the game, the passing game is pretty much over. they really really really reeaally need maclin or another good #2 receiver. avant is old as hell and cooper is a scrub who can't get open to save his life.

Trill, get in here and spin this fail. Not only if Foles balling harder and healthier than Vick, but Cooper is going off and has no problem getting open all of the sudden..

AchillesHeel
12-04-2013, 06:37 AM

you should be banned from this forum

Trill Clinton
12-04-2013, 08:19 AM
Trill, get in here and spin this fail. Not only if Foles balling harder and healthier than Vick, but Cooper is going off and has no problem getting open all of the sudden..

nothing to spin. at the time of this thread, foles never showed any flashes that he would be balling out like he is now. i have no problem eating crow.

DPG21920
12-04-2013, 09:43 AM
nothing to spin. at the time of this thread, foles never showed any flashes that he would be balling out like he is now. i have no problem eating crow.

What about Cooper? He has like 6 TD's since your post if not more...

spurraider21
12-04-2013, 12:13 PM
Neanderthalball :tu

DeadlyDynasty
12-04-2013, 04:10 PM
Foles and Glennon look like more promising white QBs.

The Gemini Method
12-04-2013, 04:45 PM
The Nick Foles era has gotten off to a great start. Would like to see him go up against the best Ds in the NFC first before anointing him the savior.

DeadlyDynasty
12-04-2013, 05:18 PM
The Nick Foles era has gotten off to a great start. Would like to see him go up against the best Ds in the NFC first before anointing him the savior.

I can already anoint him over the scrub he replaced, which is all that matters right now.

Creepn
12-04-2013, 05:19 PM
Pfffttt...Nick Foles - The Jeremy Lin of the league right now.

spurraider21
12-04-2013, 05:26 PM
Pfffttt...Nick Foles - The Jeremy Lin of the league right now.
Successful white qb's are rare?

Creepn
12-04-2013, 05:39 PM
Successful white qb's are rare?

I really don't know how you got that out of that quote.

spurraider21
12-04-2013, 05:59 PM
I really don't know how you got that out of that quote.
Lin was a sensation because he was asian, a rarity for an nba point guard. And he was in NY

Creepn
12-04-2013, 06:26 PM
Lin was a sensation because he was asian, a rarity for an nba point guard. And he was in NY
I see. Believe it or not, I tend not to focus too much on race.

I was just referring to how everybody was slobbing on his little pecker when he rose from obscurity and had those few good games when Carmelo got injured. Now, he is a ballwarmer right? I honestly don't know. I sense a similar outcome with Foles.

dirk4mvp
12-04-2013, 06:39 PM

:lol hilarious considering most of your post in the nfl section are vehemently defending the negroid qbs

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-04-2013, 09:14 PM
So is Vick done as a starter in the league for good?

Lincoln
12-04-2013, 10:00 PM
So is Vick done as a starter in the league for good?

As long as scrubs like henne gabbert Flynn etc are starting, Vick will have a job as a QB2 at least, possibly a qb1

AaronY
12-04-2013, 10:32 PM

I was just referring to how everybody was slobbing on his little pecker when he rose from obscurity and had those few good games when Carmelo got injured. Now, he is a ballwarmer right?
Lin was probably the front runner for sixth man of the year before he got injured. He was playing great so that analogy fails any way you look at it

DPG21920
12-04-2013, 11:19 PM
Lin was probably the front runner for sixth man of the year before he got injured. He was playing great so that analogy fails any way you look at it

:lol

AchillesHeel
12-05-2013, 09:57 AM

I was just referring to how everybody was slobbing on his little pecker when he rose from obscurity and had those few good games when Carmelo got injured. Now, he is a ballwarmer right? I honestly don't know. I sense a similar outcome with Foles.

He's having the best season of his career, though he did go from starter to 6th man, but he's averaging 15 ppg on 50% shooting and 39% from 3, and his TS is 64%.

But I wouldn't compare Foles' surge to Lin's, Foles has been amazing, but he hasn't faced any top defenses. 19 TDs to 0 INTs however is impressive.

Creepn
12-05-2013, 10:39 AM
He's having the best season of his career, though he did go from starter to 6th man, but he's averaging 15 ppg on 50% shooting and 39% from 3, and his TS is 64%.

But I wouldn't compare Foles' surge to Lin's, Foles has been amazing, but he hasn't faced any top defenses. 19 TDs to 0 INTs however is impressive.

Having the best season of their career doesn't cause one to be demoted or lose their starting spot. It's really not that impressive to me. The teams he won against combine for 18-31 with Arizona basically being the only legit contender he played so far. Lin and Foles will not bring you a championship despite their fool's gold numbers. Do you believe Foles can bring a championship to the Eagles? Yes or No?

AchillesHeel
12-05-2013, 10:47 AM
Having the best season of their career doesn't cause one to be demoted or lose their starting spot. It's really not that impressive to me. The teams he won against combine for 18-31 with Arizona basically being the only legit contender he played so far. Lin and Foles will not bring you a championship despite their fool's gold numbers. Do you believe Foles can bring a championship to the Eagles? Yes or No?

Not this year, and he needs to play a full season to convince me that he could in the future. I want to see him face the top pass defenses. 0 INTs against medicore/horrible defenses doesn't really mean that much.

Bill_Brasky
12-06-2013, 10:14 AM
lol Creepn being a hater

:cry 20 TDs and 0 picks isn't impressive, pretty average if you ask me :cry

:cry he hasn't played any good defenses :cry

nevermind the fact that he just looked impressive as fuck against Arizona's D

Clipper Nation
12-06-2013, 10:25 AM

:lolld Fagg:lolt

AaronY
12-06-2013, 04:16 PM
Just to clarify..Lin was averaging exactly 17.0 ppg when he got injured in the first quarter of a game and the donut he put up that game brought his average down to 15 something. Guys very talented just like Foles..so you were right to compare the two but you did it for the wrong reasons obv

better luck next time with your next analogy

DPG21920
12-06-2013, 04:36 PM
What's odd is now he's playing the "can he win a title with the Eagles" card. Could Vick? If not, then why were you hyping him up doggie?