PDA

View Full Version : antidepressants

InRareForm
09-20-2013, 03:46 PM
http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/cross-check/2013/09/20/did-antidepressant-play-a-role-in-navy-yard-massacre/

leemajors
09-20-2013, 06:03 PM
ssri's are a common factor in many shootings.

m>s
09-20-2013, 06:05 PM
yep if anything needs to be banned those really do, they're not a protected right under the Constitution.

FuzzyLumpkins
09-20-2013, 07:41 PM
Psychiatry is a bunch of guesses as to what chemicals do to functions that are poorly understood. Attributing cause in this circumstance is more of the same.

leemajors
09-20-2013, 08:23 PM
Psychiatry is a bunch of guesses as to what chemicals do to functions that are poorly understood. Attributing cause in this circumstance is more of the same.

Seeing people crash going cold turkey off of Lexapro can be scary.

TSA
09-20-2013, 08:26 PM
I'm guessing Vietnam was much more of a mind fuck then what troops are dealing with today in the Middle East. Has anyone seen a study on PTSD that compares the vets from Vietnam to now? I assume the stresses from war back then were greater than now. Are these kids more fucked up from what they're prescribed today compared to what wasn't prescribed to vets coming back from Vietnam?

FuzzyLumpkins
09-20-2013, 10:41 PM
Seeing people crash going cold turkey off of Lexapro can be scary.

Acute withdrawal is what it is.

The Reckoning
09-21-2013, 12:10 AM
I'm guessing Vietnam was much more of a mind fuck then what troops are dealing with today in the Middle East. Has anyone seen a study on PTSD that compares the vets from Vietnam to now? I assume the stresses from war back then were greater than now. Are these kids more fucked up from what they're prescribed today compared to what wasn't prescribed to vets coming back from Vietnam?

guys in the middle east have mega bases with KFC and shopping malls...they fight by pressing buttons and stay in vehicles.

guys in vietnam...well, yeah.

leemajors
09-21-2013, 11:20 AM
Acute withdrawal is what it is.

Yeah. I just can't trust that the people prescribing those drugs are fully disclosing what they can do to you.

edit: can't for have, dunno what I was thinking