The week after that: "Week...NINE!!!"
The week after that: "Week...TEN!!!"
The week after that: "Week...ELEVEN!!!"
The week after that: "Week...TWELVE!!!"
The week after that: "Week...THIRTEEN!!!"
The week after that: "Week...FOURTEEN!!!"
The week after that: "Week...FIFTEEN!!!"
The week after that: "Week...SIXTEEN!!!"

The week after that: "I was playing my son's picks. He got a real kick out of it."

Avante
09-23-2013, 12:17 AM
translation

We can tell everything we need to know about any NFL season after week 3, yes we can!!!!!

Brodie Bruce
09-23-2013, 12:20 AM
translation

We can tell everything we need to know about any NFL season after week 3, yes we can!!!!!

translation

I'm really mad that the Niners couldn't beat Indianapolis of all teams and am blowing off steam by telling people two generations younger than me that they don't know anything over the Internet

Avante
09-23-2013, 12:26 AM
translation

I'm really mad that the Niners couldn't beat Indianapolis of all teams and am blowing off steam by telling people two generations younger than me that they don't know anything over the Internet

I'm not the one getting all excited over three weeks. I know better.

Trainwreck2100
09-23-2013, 12:42 AM
translation

I'm really mad that the Niners couldn't beat Indianapolis of all teams at homeand am blowing off steam by telling people two generations younger than me that they don't know anything over the Internet

FTFY

Brodie Bruce
09-23-2013, 01:03 AM
I'm not the one getting all excited over three weeks. I know better.

You're clearly mad. We're in Week 3 and the Niners are 1-2, probably would be 0-3 if they didn't draw a team they match up extremely favorably against in Week 1. That's what we know. What we don't know is how the rest of the season will play out. But it's safe to say that a team that just got rocked two weeks in a row, once by Seattle and once by lowly Indianapolis, is rattled by injuries to important players, has a game against a division opponent on a short week and is probably going to lose one of their defensive stars to rehab now, and a suspension later, isn't exactly heading in the right direction. That's what we know. If the Niners make the playoffs, feel free to bump this thread and call me out. But trying to make inverted comparisons between the 2013 Niners and 2009 Broncos or 2007 Lions just comes off as a little dumb on your part.

Avante
09-23-2013, 01:14 AM
You're clearly mad. We're in Week 3 and the Niners are 1-2, probably would be 0-3 if they didn't draw a team they match up extremely favorably against in Week 1. That's what we know. What we don't know is how the rest of the season will play out. But it's safe to say that a team that just got rocked two weeks in a row, once by Seattle and once by lowly Indianapolis, is rattled by injuries to important players, has a game against a division opponent on a short week and is probably going to lose one of their defensive stars to rehab now, and a suspension later, isn't exactly heading in the right direction. That's what we know. If the Niners make the playoffs, feel free to bump this thread and call me out. But trying to make inverted comparisons between the 2013 Niners and 2009 Broncos or 2007 Lions just comes off as a little dumb on your part.

Dumb is making too much of anything early in any season. Those who really follow the sport know this. Sure it's not looking good right now, how many times have we seen similiar situations?

Brodie Bruce
09-23-2013, 01:19 AM
Dumb is making too much of anything early in any season. Those who really follow the sport know this. Sure it's not looking good right now, how many times have we seen similiar situations?

I'm not going to waste time going through football websites to try and come up with an official count, but I know that the team that loses the Super Bowl has a bad season the following year pretty much all the time. Unless you're the 2011 Patriots, who almost made it back. So from where I stand, the Niners are right on schedule.

HarlemHeat37
09-23-2013, 01:23 AM
Avante is having quite the meltdown today, tbh:lol..

spurraider21
09-23-2013, 01:38 PM
Avante is having quite the meltdown today, tbh:lol..

the objective, intelligent football historian seems awfully rattled when the niners lose :lol