PDA

View Full Version : Black QB's Through 3 Weeks of The Season - Stating The Facts

KoolAid Mans Brother
09-23-2013, 10:15 AM
Black QB's so far this season:

RG3: 0-3
Josh Freeman: 0-3
Cam Newton: 1-2
Colin Kaepernick: 1-2
Michael Vick: 1-2
Geno Smith: 2-1
EJ Manual: 1-2
Russel Wilson: 3-0
Terelle Pryor: 1-2 after tonight

Combined record of Black QBs: 10-17

Winning percentage of Black QBs: .370

Embarassing. Go ahead, tell us all how black QB's are the wave of the future. Tell us how monkeyball is unstoppable.

I deal in reality, in facts. Spin that winning percentage. This is disgraceful.

Pelicans78
09-23-2013, 10:20 AM
Let's take it further with black coaches.

Marvin Lewis: 2-1
Mike Tomlin: 0-3
Leslie Frazier: 0-3

Total: 2-7

Didn't realize there was only 3 black coaches in the league. So much for the Rooney rule.

Pelicans78
09-23-2013, 10:21 AM

Ebmarassing. Go ahead, tell us all how black QB's are the wave of the future. Tell us how monkeyball is unstoppable.

I deal in reality, in facts. Spin that winning percentage idiots. This is disgraceful.

Also, Geno's 2 wins were against black QBs while 2 of Wilson's wins were against black QBs.

KoolAid Mans Brother
09-23-2013, 10:41 AM
Also, Geno's 2 wins were against black QBs while 2 of Wilson's wins were against black QBs.

It's really a shame that the media isn't held accountable for their idiocy when building these crappy players up as "the future" and then ignore their predictions when they all go wrong. I remember when the media was building up Josh Freeman as the "next great QB". Now the media doesn't even mention him.

Why is it that all of the Black starting QB's in the NFL right now (except dog killer) have only been in the league for 3 years or less? Where are all of the black veteran QBs with prolonged success? Oh that's right, black QB's usually only last in the league a few years, get fired for sucking, and then new ones enter, are built up, and eventually bust out per the cycle. And don't even think about mentioning Donovan McNabb (the most overrated QB in the history of the NFL) or Steve Mcnair. They both failed on the big stage with stacked teams and finished with 0 rings.

KoolAid Mans Brother
09-23-2013, 10:47 AM
Let's take it further with black coaches.

Marvin Lewis: 2-1
Mike Tomlin: 0-3
Leslie Frazier: 0-3

Total: 2-7

Didn't realize there was only 3 black coaches in the league. So much for the Rooney rule.

:lol

Chinook
09-23-2013, 10:49 AM
Why is it that all of the Black starting QB's in the NFL right now (except dog killer) have only been in the league for 3 years or less? Where are all of the black veteran QBs with prolonged success? Oh that's right, black QB's usually only last in the league a few years, get fired for sucking, and then new ones enter, are built up, and eventually bust out per the cycle.

Pretty much. The media keeps acting like having scrambling quarterbacks is a new thing. It's not. It just so happens that teams are using a lot of high picks on them again when in previous years players like Colt McCoy, Troy Smith and Tyrod Taylor were rightfully mid- or late-round picks. Even the black quarterbacks who had sustained success like McNabb, Culpepper (I guess) and Cunningham learned how to pass from the pocket to at least an acceptable level. It's hilarious that teams like the Browns are apparently considering Manziel with their first-rounder.

KoolAid Mans Brother
09-23-2013, 10:52 AM
Pretty much. The media keeps acting like having scrambling quarterbacks is a new thing. It's not. It just so happens that teams are using a lot of high picks on them again when in previous years players like Colt McCoy, Troy Smith and Tyrod Taylor were rightfully mid- or late-round picks. Even the black quarterbacks who had sustained success like McNabb, Culpepper (I guess) and Cunningham learned how to pass from the pocket to at least an acceptable level. It's hilarious that teams like the Browns are apparently considering Manziel with their first-rounder.

Even the ones with sustained success that you mentioned have 0 rings. The goal is to win Championships. There is nothing else. They have proven that their style of football does not produce the ultimate goal.

Holden_Caulfield
09-23-2013, 11:10 AM
man the top prospect for the next draft is black :cry

KoolAid Mans Brother
09-23-2013, 11:15 AM

So you might have to re-live the "dark" days of Byron Leftwich and David Garrard all over again... I'm really sorry man, that sucks. You can only hope and pray that your front office learned their lesson from these mistakes. Think about how many years those mistakes have set your team back. You guys still haven't recovered.

Clipper Nation
09-23-2013, 11:15 AM
True, but he's not a monkeyballer, tbh.... Teddy doesn't run very much at all, actually....

Johnny Inbred is a monkeyballer, but he's not black, so he won't get shat on as much on here unless he totally flames out like Ryan Leaf :lol

Chinook
09-23-2013, 11:26 AM
Leftwich and Garrard were decent quarterbacks for the Jaguars. They weren't great, but if Jacksonville can get that level of quarterback play again, they can be competitive. So many teams wish their signal-callers were even that adequate.

Pelicans78
09-23-2013, 11:38 AM
I need to see more from Teddy. Its not his fault. But most games I watch him he has wide open receivers. He did look good against Florida. I think he will be a good QB at least considering how easy it is to be a good QB nowadays, but not sure if he will be very good or great.

spurraider21
09-23-2013, 11:44 AM
Brett Hundley?

boobie4three
09-23-2013, 12:03 PM
Russell Wilson plays white so you can't really include him with that bunch.

jeebus
09-23-2013, 12:10 PM
I approve of this thread.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
09-23-2013, 12:37 PM
Lol a bunch of racist Texan hicks

Raven
09-23-2013, 12:58 PM
Russell Wilson plays white so you can't really include him with that bunch.

wtf? last year he rushed as much as Brees did since 2008, brady since 2010, he ran twice as much as rodgers and just to make it blatant, he ran more than Kaeperchoke in his whole career. Not to mention, you don't see 5-11 white qbs.

spurraider21
09-23-2013, 12:59 PM
Lol a bunch of racist Texan hicks

meh. not really. several times we've seen white qb's mentioned in the same breath as these guys, such as Colt McCoy, Johnny Manziel as well. we are referring to monkeyballers (guys that rely on athleticism too much), or qb's who rely on mobility more than their arms. its an honest observation to see that these types of qb's are predominantly black.

spurraider21
09-23-2013, 01:03 PM
wtf? last year he rushed as much as Brees did since 2008, brady since 2010, he ran twice as much as rodgers and just to make it blatant, he ran more than Kaeperchoke in his whole career. Not to mention, you don't see 5-11 white qbs.

to be fair kaepernick only started in 8 games last year and ended up with over 400 yards rushing, whereas Wilson ran for 490 yards in 16 games. no doubt Wilson isn't afraid to tuck it and run (so of course his numbers will crush Brady/Brees, etc), but he's not in the same class of monkeyballing as kaepernick. please. Wilson averaged 4.18 pass attempts/rush attempt and Kaep averaged 3.46

Raven
09-23-2013, 01:09 PM
to be fair kaepernick only started in 8 games last year and ended up with over 400 yards rushing, whereas Wilson ran for 490 yards in 16 games. no doubt Wilson isn't afraid to tuck it and run (so of course his numbers will crush Brady/Brees, etc), but he's not in the same class of monkeyballing as kaepernick. please.

he is in the same class. i'm not sure about that, but i doubt there is another qb with so many designed running plays aside from desperate teams. The only difference i see, is that he has a far better team around himself and plays more like a game manager in the passing game which allows him not to get exposed like the genos of the game. Don't get me wrong, it's good to play to your strengths, but he is a monkeyballer cause he ain't going to last, one of these days someone is going to rgknee him on those runs so hard.

boobie4three
09-23-2013, 01:22 PM
Breese is a good comparison. Both him and Wilson run as a last resort, unlike, it seems, the other black QBs. Wilson is actually a great runner, but he's always looking to make a play to his teammates first. Contrary to everyone's opinion, his height or lack thereof, is not a factor.

Raven
09-23-2013, 01:26 PM
Breese is a good comparison. Both him and Wilson run as a last resort, unlike, it seems, the other black QBs. Wilson is actually a great runner, but he's always looking to make a play to his teammates first. Contrary to everyone's opinion, his height or lack thereof, is not a factor.

i couldn't disagree more tbh

spurraider21
09-23-2013, 01:30 PM
Wilson reminds me a lot of Rich Gannon tbh, but with a better arm. it took Gannon years (and a bit of journeyman-ing) to develop into an elite passer. I wonder how long it takes Wilson to become a prolific passer. the ability, arm strength, accuracy is there. in the 2000 season, gannon threw for 3400 yards, 28 td's, and ran for 530 yards and 4 more TD's. In Wilson's rookie season, he threw for 3100 yards and 26 touchdowns while running for 490 yards and 4 touchdowns. :wow

boobie4three
09-23-2013, 01:40 PM
i couldn't disagree more tbh
If you mean Breese doesn't run as a last resort, you might be right. I don't follow the Saints that closely. Sure, there are some designed plays for Wilson to run, but on pass plays, he'll string them out for as long as he can before he either throws it away or runs to get what he can. He's stated several times in his pressers that he hates getting hit, but really, who doesn't? Bottom line, Wilson doesn't panic and take off at the first sign of trouble like these other QBs.

Raven
09-23-2013, 03:20 PM
If you mean Breese doesn't run as a last resort, you might be right. I don't follow the Saints that closely. Sure, there are some designed plays for Wilson to run, but on pass plays, he'll string them out for as long as he can before he either throws it away or runs to get what he can. He's stated several times in his pressers that he hates getting hit, but really, who doesn't? Bottom line, Wilson doesn't panic and take off at the first sign of trouble like these other QBs.

how about i put it this way: Brees, last year, rushed every 44 passing attempts, wilson rushed every 4 passing attempts.. does that explains it better?

boobie4three
09-23-2013, 03:37 PM
how about i put it this way: Brees, last year, rushed every 44 passing attempts, wilson rushed every 4 passing attempts.. does that explains it better?

I'm sure you mean "pass plays" rather than "pass attempts", but those are stark numbers if true.

spurraider21
09-23-2013, 03:42 PM
I'm sure you mean "pass plays" rather than "pass attempts", but those are stark numbers if true.

nope. brees had 670 pass attempt and 15 rushing attempts. his math is solid. like I said a few posts earlier, Wilson's game is more similar to Rich Gannon than Drew Brees, although Gannon's pure passing ability was right there with Brees. I would love to see prime gannon in today's game tbh

BRHornet45
09-23-2013, 03:50 PM
It's fashionable to have a black QB. The media has made it that way.

You just have to hope and pray that the GM of your favorite team has enough sense to see past the smoke and mirrors and doesn't buy into the politically correct agenda.

boobie4three
09-23-2013, 03:53 PM
nope. brees had 670 pass attempt and 15 rushing attempts. his math is solid. like I said a few posts earlier, Wilson's game is more similar to Rich Gannon than Drew Brees, although Gannon's pure passing ability was right there with Brees. I would love to see prime gannon in today's game tbh

I'm not arguing the numbers, I'm just saying he should have used the phrase "passing play" instead of "passing attempt". You can't rush the ball during a passing attempt. A passing attempt means you actually threw the ball.

boobie4three
09-23-2013, 03:54 PM
OK, I read it again. Maybe I'm the one confused. Sorry

spurraider21
09-23-2013, 03:55 PM
I'm not arguing the numbers, I'm just saying he should have used the phrase "passing play" instead of "passing attempt". You can't rush the ball during a passing attempt. A passing attempt means you actually threw the ball.

I guess he meant rush attempts per pass attempt...

spurraider21
09-23-2013, 03:56 PM
It's fashionable to have a black QB. The media has made it that way.

You just have to hope and pray that the GM of your favorite team has enough sense to see past the smoke and mirrors and doesn't buy into the politically correct agenda.

...Pryor :lol. tbh I think its fine in a year where we aren't really going to be competitive anyway. have some excitement if its a designated tank year. better than us starting some scrub like flynn

boobie4three
09-23-2013, 04:02 PM
I guess he meant rush attempts per pass attempt...

Yeah, I think you're right.

spurraider21
09-23-2013, 04:06 PM

brees does move around quite a bit, and is a deceptively mobile qb. if you watch Wilson play, you can often draw that comparison (their size similarty aside)

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-23-2013, 06:00 PM

Embarassing. Go ahead, tell us all how black QB's are the wave of the future. Tell us how monkeyball is unstoppable.

I deal in reality, in facts. Spin that winning percentage. This is disgraceful.
Just to add to this. If you take away all the black vs. black games...

RG3: 0-2
Freeman: 0-2
Cam Newton: 1-0
Kaepernick: 1-1
Mike Vick: 0-2
Geno Smith: 0-1
Manuel: 0-1
Wilson: 1-0
Pryor: 1-2 after tonight

Combined record 3-10 .231

:lmao:lmao black QBs having a .231 win % against white QBs

KoolAid Mans Brother
09-23-2013, 06:22 PM
Just to add to this. If you take away all the black vs. black games...

RG3: 0-2
Freeman: 0-2
Cam Newton: 1-0
Kaepernick: 1-1
Mike Vick: 0-2
Geno Smith: 0-1
Manuel: 0-1
Wilson: 1-0
Pryor: 1-2 after tonight

Combined record 3-10 .231

:lmao:lmao black QBs having a .231 win % against white QBs

:lmao:lmao:lmao That's pathetic

jeebus
09-23-2013, 06:34 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao That's pathetic
People have been saying that about africa for hundreds of years :lol

fevertrees
09-23-2013, 08:00 PM
"White people don't need a law against rape, but if you fill this room up with your normal black bucks, you would, because *******s are basically primitive animals. " - David Duke

Avante
09-23-2013, 11:18 PM
Kaepernick beats Aaron Rodgers...twice....in the last two years.

Cam Newton beats Eli Manning.

RGIII is obviously still not 100%.

Proyer, Manuel and Geno are rookies.

Vick is trying to learn a whole new system.

Russell Wilson is the best second year QB in the league.

I dig reality.

SupremeGuy
09-24-2013, 01:06 PM
this thread :lol

BRHornet45
09-24-2013, 04:39 PM
Kaepernick beats Aaron Rodgers...twice....in the last two years.

Cam Newton beats Eli Manning.

RGIII is obviously still not 100%.

Proyer, Manuel and Geno are rookies.

Vick is trying to learn a whole new system.

Russell Wilson is the best second year QB in the league.

I dig reality.

Lol Kaep is about as black as Peyton Manning. You ever heard that dude talk?

Vick still trying to learn the system? That is exactly the problem with black QB's and their football IQ level. Thanks for proving the entire point. After all of the offseason, 4 preseason games, and 3 games into the regular season there is no legit excuse for a QUARTERBACK to still not know the system. Vick is just an idiot.

spurraider21
09-24-2013, 05:00 PM
I will :lmao if Pryor turns out to be the best of the bunch... He's nowhere near as polished as Wilson, but has more natural talent

JohnnyMax
09-24-2013, 07:51 PM
There will only be 2 black QBs in the playoffs this year. With any luck, they will eliminate each other in the 1st round.

KoolAid Mans Brother
09-25-2013, 08:59 AM
:lmao:lmao:lmao Josh Freeman benched

Raven
09-25-2013, 09:03 AM
solid move from schiano, freeman was terrible against NE.

spurraider21
09-25-2013, 10:20 AM
it was about time

Trainwreck2100
09-25-2013, 12:59 PM
well that's going to bring down our weekly black qb scores

Pelicans78
09-25-2013, 01:03 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao Josh Freeman benched

Solid move to cushion the overall record of black QBs.

fevertrees
09-26-2013, 01:21 PM
I love how people giving Kaepernick the Obama black card even though he is half white.

symple19
09-26-2013, 07:09 PM
I love how people giving Kaepernick the Obama black card even though he is half white.

C'mon guy

He's only black when he plays badly