PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: No offense to my Mavs brothers, but this is still the non-Finals game I love the most

ambchang
09-23-2013, 12:21 PM
kO4caOwS6jI

It has always been known as the Kerr game, but a few other players were equally important in the comeback

Stephen Jackson - Just stone cold and unconscious. The guy is fearless.
Ginobili - Directing traffic and distributing the ball, put in the necessary penetration game to keep the Mavs defense honest
Duncan - Notice how every time he touches the ball, the entire Mavs defense collapsed. Prime Duncan was as respected as a prime Shaq in the low post. Those passes out to the perimeter were spot on as well.
Pop - Smart to surround Duncan with a bunch of 3 point shooters
Nash - Not only did he somehow leave Kerr open time after time and just randomly floats on defense (not really double teaming or anything, not exactly sure what he was doing, tbh), his insistence to attack Kerr with no results to show for it also made the Mavs defense much more predictable and easier to defend.
Nelson - Perhaps practicing defense would be a good move, especially low post defense where you don't just collapse the entire team whenever the opposition gets the ball in the low post, and especially not when the two main teams to go past in the playoffs that year were the Spurs and the Lakers.

UZER
09-23-2013, 12:37 PM
We all know Kerr's defense was not great, but the defense played by at the 2:00 possesion mark is remarkable. It's everything I wish Bonners "position" defense could be.

Phillip
09-23-2013, 12:49 PM
Kerr always gets remembered, but I always remember S-Jax as being the one that really got the run going and didn't get the credit he deserved. Kerr just fed off of the energy that Jackson provided in starting the run.

UZER
09-23-2013, 01:11 PM
Kerr always gets remembered, but I always remember S-Jax as being the one that really got the run going and didn't get the credit he deserved. Kerr just fed off of the energy that Jackson provided in starting the run.

Yup. The pull up 3 on the semi break was the tipping point of the game one way or the other.

TDMVPDPOY
09-23-2013, 01:23 PM
u know most comeback win games by the spurs never have tp in it, dude is a scrub and always bailed out by the backup...