PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: what are the consequences or repercussions if Tim comes out?

RsxPiimp
09-23-2013, 08:05 PM
how will this affect the NBA as a whole?
how will the players react?
how many potential sponsors will the Duncan or the league as a whole will gain?

imagine those in fear finally admitting coming out as well.

i think this will be historic. no athlete of his magnitude has ever come out in any of the major sports in the US. duncan HAS to do it in order to make a statement that it's OK. while what jason collins did was a nice thing to do, his appeal is simply not enough to convince the federation.

its 2013 and i think this is the perfect opportunity for duncan to really show the world that he's a proud gay man. think of all the barriers this will break not only in the league but in nfl, mlb and nhl. i think this will also make the game a lot, lot more diverse which is what Stern has been pushing since (remember the "GAY" commercials sponsored by the NBA to educate the ignorants)

i will actually support this move, unlike most of you guys or nba fanatics in general and it will be amazing if he does it while he's still playing in the league, perhaps on the last year of his contract, you know kinda go HAM on everyone and play one of the best season of his career. end it with on high note as they say.

it will be an honorable gesture and its for a great cause, one that will surely not go in vain. i hope it happens.

BoricuaCJA
09-23-2013, 08:42 PM
Again people, look! It's a LA troll posing as a Spurs fan!

Arnold Toht
09-23-2013, 08:44 PM
5-4 would presumably be broken as the league will have finally found a way to market Duncan.

Arnold Toht
09-23-2013, 08:46 PM
Again people, look! It's a LA troll posing as a Spurs fan!

Look into my fucking hand.

ChumpDumper
09-23-2013, 09:10 PM
More lakerfans would be encouraged to come out themselves.

StrengthAndHonor
09-23-2013, 10:12 PM
It's going to be an encouraging move to be quite honest. I for one would love to see this happen. Like you said it will break barriers and it's going to make the league a lot more wholesome.

Back in the 90's, it was taboo to be associated with someone who shares a different point of view in terms of sexual preference, nowadays, its actually perfectly normal as long as both parties have a certain level of respect with one another.

DMC
09-23-2013, 10:28 PM
Look into my fucking hand.

No one wants to see the shit you wiped from your ass, dune cricket.

Rogue
09-24-2013, 12:16 AM
tbh NBA is more open-minded than any league, especially compared to most european soccer leagues where homosexuality seems just as despicable as racism. Just see Collins's significant increase of popularity among NBA fans since he "came out". Tim coming out would only boost his approval rate and strengthen his legendary status imho.