PDA

View Full Version : OT:Heartbreaking video of Turiaf's press conference this morning

MajicMan
07-22-2005, 05:39 PM
video link (http://video.msn.com/video/p.htm?t=1&p=Fox%20Sports_Top%20News&m=Sports&mi=Top%20News&i=674d36b8-3121-4c62-8847-f9ec7a25b46c&rf=)

This is the video of Ronny's Press conference this morning. It's very sad and heartbreaking to see him tear up like that. I wish nothing but the best for Ronny and his family....this just sucks.

ALVAREZ6
07-22-2005, 05:47 PM
Hope he bounces back after the surgery. That must really suck for him...

MajicMan
07-22-2005, 05:59 PM
I know this isn't a Laker board but there were a few guys here who were celebrating Ronnie's health issues. I wanted to post it so you can get the realization of the situation. Ronnie passed 4 strenuous physicals including the one at the Chicago camp but Laker doctors did a good job probing deeper into the situation. He was expected to have massive heart failure within 6 months if this was not discovered.

TheTruth
07-22-2005, 07:03 PM
i'm praying for ya big fella. get well soon!

a-puppy
07-22-2005, 08:40 PM
I know this isn't a Laker board but there were a few guys here who were celebrating Ronnie's health issues.

Is there any way Turiaf can bestow his heart failure onto them?

Duncanoypi
07-22-2005, 08:42 PM
God Bless Turiaf...there's always a right time...

exstatic
07-22-2005, 08:47 PM
OK, dude, get off the cross. NO ONE was celebrating Turiaf's health issues. There was a bit of dogpiling on Kupchack for picking him, but he deserves it, with his track record as Laker GM so far. Those other physicals did not come back clean, and it was known that there was some kind of issue. They picked him anyway.

He is unfortunate in one way, and very fortunate in another: it was found via examination, not catastrophic medical event.

alamo50
07-23-2005, 02:59 AM
there were a few guys here who were celebrating Ronnie's health issues.

Could you please get me their names?
Oh you know what, don't bother.
They aren't worthy talking to and I am sure they haven't been on this board long and won't remain long either.

Furthermore I am very touched by the press conference.
If there is any way I could reach Turiaf by email please somebody let me know.
I know exactly what he is going through and I think I can help him set his mind at ease a bit awaiting surgery as I am facing my 3rd open heart surgery and I am just 28 years old.

DON VITO
07-23-2005, 03:02 AM
^ Damn, I'm sorry dude...

Horry For 3!
07-23-2005, 03:29 AM
Damn, that sucks for Ronny.

No wonder your a tough dude, alamo.

bigzak25
07-23-2005, 07:17 AM
I am facing my 3rd open heart surgery and I am just 28 years old.

wow.

May Godbless you and your family.

Goodluck man. :tu

ALVAREZ6
07-23-2005, 09:50 AM
I am facing my 3rd open heart surgery and I am just 28 years old.
That sucks... I hope everything goes well for you. Good luck on your surgery.

spurschick
07-23-2005, 09:56 AM
If there is any way I could reach Turiaf by email please somebody let me know..

I would suggest contacting one of the local tv sports desks in L.A. They might know of a way. I'm sure Kori knows a reporter out there.

GrandeDavid
07-23-2005, 10:06 AM
He comes across as an intelligent, high character guy, which is always nice to learn in pro sports. I'm sure he'll make a full recovery and, as he said, its nice that he has his degree in sports management and communication. God bless him.

GrandeDavid
07-23-2005, 10:07 AM
Jurgen, my goodness. I pray that it goes well. Is there a date set yet?

Kori Ellis
07-23-2005, 10:12 AM
Alamo, sorry that you have to have another surgery. Your best best to contact Turiaf is through the Lakers front office.

Russ
07-23-2005, 10:18 AM
I know exactly what he is going through and I think I can help him set his mind at ease a bit awaiting surgery as I am facing my 3rd open heart surgery and I am just 28 years old.
Hang in there, buddy. We're all thinking of you.

Could you please get me their names?
Oh you know what, don't bother.
They aren't worthy talking to and I am sure they haven't been on this board long and won't remain long either.
Pay this no mind. The accusers are a few self-righteous Laker fans who, after years of smugness, are now attempting to clothe themselves in "victimhood." They don't wear it well.

Sportcamper
07-23-2005, 11:49 AM
After seeing Row-Nee these past couple weeks on the court & in the Press it is easy to see why the Lakers drafted him...He is a charismatic yet humble young man who just lights up a room with his smile & zest for life...

Spurbanana
07-24-2005, 12:55 AM
OMG...all these broken hearts are breaking my heart...

Poor Ronny :depressed

Poor Jurgen :depressed

Get well soon!

missmyzte
07-24-2005, 01:02 AM
This is all breaking my heart for Turiaf (no pun intended). I had the extreme honor to watch him play in the SPL and interview him several times. Alamo, I will try to relay your message to him.

For those that don't know as well, Turiaf is good friends with Tony Parker.

Kaster
07-24-2005, 06:00 AM
^ Turiaf is great friends with Tony actually, from what I've heard.

And I can only hope everything goes well for you and your family alamo50.