near 4 star hotel

clubalien
07-22-2005, 06:12 PM
now 4 killed it said
sharm el sheikh
near market place

clubalien
07-22-2005, 06:13 PM
with this bombing, and the beruit bombing, and the lodin bombing, and after lodon with the bombings in iraq

seems terrorests are stepping up attacks

could a USA bombing be nearing or they are just attacking other nations

clubalien
07-22-2005, 06:17 PM
20 killed
`100 wounded

clubalien
07-22-2005, 06:26 PM
Today: July 22, 2005 at 16:23:3 PDT

Explosion Rocks Egyptian Sinai Resort

ASSOCIATED PRESS

CAIRO, Egypt (AP) - At least one large explosion struck the Red Sea tourist resort of Sharm el-Sheik on the southern tip of the Sinai Peninsula late Friday, witnesses said.

The explosion could be felt miles from the site and smoke was seen rising from the area, witnesses said. There was no immediate word on casualties.

The blast appeared to have been in the Old Market area of the city, a main tourist strip, the witnesses said.

"The blast shook my house, I can see the fire and lots of smoke," Akram al-Sherif, an Egyptian who was staying at a summer house several miles away, told The Associated Press.

--

CAIRO (Reuters) - A large explosion shook the Egyptian Red Sea resort of Sharm el-Sheikh on Saturday and two other explosions were heard later, apparently from the nearby resort of Naama Bay, a resident said.

One man quoted bystanders as saying four cars had exploded in the car park of an upmarket hotel in the area.

The first explosion, shortly after one a.m., was audible more than one km (half a mile) away, one resident said. It started a fire and smoke billowed over the town.

About 15 minutes later, two explosions were audible from the direction of Naama Bay, about six km (four miles) away, he said. Naama Bay has dozens of luxury hotels popular with divers and holidaymakers from Europe.

Another resident said one of the explosions came from the direction of the Moevenpick Hotel in Naama Bay and broke the windows of his apartment. It was unclear how far away he was from the blasts.

A third person, Ahmed Fawzi, an Egyptian lawyer visiting Naama Bay on business, told Reuters that one of the explosions ripped the door of his office off its hinges.

When he went outside to find out what happened, bystanders said four cars had exploded in the car park of the Moevenpick Hotel. President Hosni Mubarak has a holiday villa in the adjacent Golf Hotel.

Three tourists were killed and others injured in two bombings in the Egyptian capital Cairo in April.

Egypt's tourism industry, based on Red Sea resorts like Sharm el-Sheikh and on its pharaonic ruins, proved resilient after earlier bombings in the Sinai peninsula in October, which killed 34. Those attacks were seen as targeting mainly Israelis.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-22-2005, 07:54 PM
That's scary...I wonder why they'd bomb a resort

scott
07-22-2005, 08:13 PM

What kind of people stay at a resort. I think you have your answer.

xrayzebra
07-22-2005, 08:43 PM
What kind of people stay at a resort. I think you have your answer.

How about people who are not expecting anything but enjoying their
vacation. I am so tired of you people who would defend those who would
destroy us.

When you have to experience one of these explosions, be sure to tell
them you understand their problem. And I do not support the Bush
foreign policy...I am sure that you will be okay. Oh, bye the way tell
them you understand Eisenhours, Carters and Bill Clintons policy and then
come on back and tell me what they were.....okay

word
07-22-2005, 09:17 PM
with this bombing, and the beruit bombing, and the lodin bombing, and after lodon with the bombings in iraq

Excuse me ?

ChumpDumper
07-22-2005, 09:19 PM
How about people who are not expecting anything but enjoying their
vacation. I am so tired of you people who would defend those who would
destroy us.How is that defending anything. Of course they would be enjoying vacations, but it's likely there was some kind of concentration of westerners there -- folks terrorists might be more likely to target. You're circling the wagons for no reason on this one.

xrayzebra
07-22-2005, 09:30 PM
How is that defending anything. Of course they would be enjoying vacations, but it's likely there was some kind of concentration of westerners there -- folks terrorists might be more likely to target. You're circling the wagons for no reason on this one.

Wonder if you have been looking or reading the news lately. Anytime
you have people in any setting, Westerners, or whatever, if they want
someone to pay attention to their "agenda" they just kill a few people.
But what they heck, it is our policy that caused it. What I am trying
to tell you is that they will target anyone that isn't in their orbit, doesn't
anyone in this forum understand that. We have a group that wants to
destroy our, and many others, way of life. That is a fact. I find it
extremely pecular that those who would make excuses for those that
kill others for no reason to protect them since they have no regard for
any rights except their own. Like womens rights, religious rights,
rights to enjoy the freedoms to teach others.....on and on and on.....but
will critize those of us who question them or their agenda.

ChumpDumper
07-22-2005, 09:42 PM
What I am trying
to tell you is that they will target anyone that isn't in their orbit, doesn't
anyone in this forum understand that. We have a group that wants to
destroy our, and many others, way of life.And those people they would want to destroy might be convenintly found in a resort hotel in Egypt.

Equating a logical explanation of terrorists targeting to defending them is downright stupid. I'll ask you to explain why the terrorists targeted the WTC, then I'll accuse you of being a terrorist sympathizer, okay?

Go ahead. I'm waiting.

MannyIsGod
07-22-2005, 09:47 PM
Yes, it's much like banging your head against a rock wall.

scott
07-22-2005, 10:23 PM
Just when I thought xrayzebra couldn't be any dumber...

Guru of Nothing
07-23-2005, 12:43 AM
Yes, it's much like banging your head against a rock wall.

Allow me to suggest an alternative - drinking.

AFE7FATMAN
07-23-2005, 12:58 AM
Flippant comment-though better of it.

AFE7FATMAN
07-23-2005, 04:22 AM
"Holy Warriors targeted the Ghazala Gardens hotel and the old Market in Sharm el-sheikh" said a group that claimed responsibility for the deaths of 62 saturday, The group also cited ties to al-Qaida.

This group called itself the Abdullah Azzam Brigades in Syria and Egypt, and made the claim in a statement on an Islamic Web Site.
Source ;

the story is no longer there but it came from the following, which is a
semi-quasi US Government site.
http://www.tkb.org/NewsStory.jsp?StoryID=77396

Click on the home page and review this site if you have any intrest in what is happening in the world, with terrorism.

ChumpDumper
07-23-2005, 09:09 AM
I heard a radio report sying that several anti-terror summits had been held at that hotel, so the surface reasons for hitting it are threefold:

1) The effect on the Egyptian economy.

2) The presence of westerners.

3) The use of the hotel for anti-terror meetings.

It's disturbing that the terrorists seem to have shifted to soft targets like this and the subway systems, but this was predicted shortly after the WTC attack. One has to wonder whether the cause is convenience or lack of resources or ability to pull of a larger attack due to various anti-terror measures.

The Ressurrected One
07-23-2005, 09:17 AM
Because they're terrorists...

Hook Dem
07-23-2005, 09:35 AM
Because they're terrorists...
The "liberals" will be along shortly to tell us how this is the fault of the U.S.

The Ressurrected One
07-23-2005, 09:50 AM
The "liberals" will be along shortly to tell us how this is the fault of the U.S.
No, I'm sure CBF is checking Infowars.com, right now, to see how Alex Jones bends this event into being some kind of Bush cabal consipracy to rule the world.

The mother ship will have an edict shortly.

MannyIsGod
07-23-2005, 01:45 PM
Allow me to suggest an alternative - drinking.
:lol

Judging from the time of my post, thats one of the activities I was partaking in at the time.

3rdCoast
07-23-2005, 03:25 PM
Just kill off the entire world except for the US.

Be done with them all.

:rolleyes

Slomo
07-23-2005, 03:49 PM
There's a long history of terrorist attacks against tourists in Egypt. According to certain analysts the ruining of the tourist industry would be the fastest way of destabilizing Egypt thus opening wide the doors for a fundamentalist political party to take over the country.

ChumpDumper
07-23-2005, 03:53 PM
According to certain analystsGoddam terrorist sympathizers!

clubalien
07-23-2005, 03:56 PM
don't forget the balai night club bombing