PDA

View Full Version : (Citing multiple sources) Sam Young has agreed in principle with Spurs for 2yrs

mute
09-25-2013, 11:59 PM
I've heard been hearing some things among front offices around the league, and my sources have confirmed that Sam Young has agreed in principle with the Spurs (for two years). This is a great signing by the Spurs because despite his limitations on the offensive end, he's a good defender and another guy we could put on Lebron, Kobe, or Durant.

This is the guy we were missing last year (other than the two missed offensive rebounds, oh how much it hurts! cries :*(...). We needed to give Kwahi and Green some blow. It was depressing watching Lebron backdown on Green every time they matched up together. What worries me is that Young was getting less and less minutes as the season wore on... I don't know what the issue was... is he damaged goods?

What do you guys make of the Indiana Pacers congregation that's brewing in San Antonie? First, the assistant coach, Jeff, Hibbert (rumors are out there we could see a Duncan + Hibbert twin tower duo in the future), and now Sam Young?

anakha
09-26-2013, 12:00 AM
lol sources

Steve-O-Matic
09-26-2013, 12:11 AM
Uhh, you're a little late to the game there, Scoop.

td4mvp2k
09-26-2013, 12:28 AM
Wow 2 yrs... Gr8 4 da spurs... OP :tu

Solid D
09-26-2013, 05:25 AM
...We needed to give Kwahi and Green some blow.

:lol

Leetonidas
09-26-2013, 06:16 AM
Is Bruno your source by any chance

benfti
09-26-2013, 06:57 AM
I've heard been hearing some things among front offices around the league, and my sources have confirmed that Sam Young has agreed in principle with the Spurs (for two years). This is a great signing by the Spurs because despite his limitations on the offensive end, he's a good defender and another guy we could put on Lebron, Kobe, or Durant.

This is the guy we were missing last year (other than the two missed offensive rebounds, oh how much it hurts! cries :*(...). We needed to give Kwahi and Green some blow. It was depressing watching Lebron backdown on Green every time they matched up together. What worries me is that Young was getting less and less minutes as the season wore on... I don't know what the issue was... is he damaged goods?

What do you guys make of the Indiana Pacers congregation that's brewing in San Antonie? First, the assistant coach, Jeff, Hibbert (rumors are out there we could see a Duncan + Hibbert twin tower duo in the future), and now Sam Young?

are you are aware you are not actually citing any sources?

benefactor
09-26-2013, 07:15 AM
:lol
Might help in fourth quarters. Nothing wrong with a little pick me up.

Spur|n|Austin
09-26-2013, 07:23 AM

Like Rick said, it's a hell of a drug.

exstatic
09-26-2013, 07:30 AM

He won't see the floor in the 4th because he can't shoot. He might not play at all.

Spur|n|Austin
09-26-2013, 07:37 AM
He won't see the floor in the 4th because he can't shoot. He might not play at all.

I'm 99% sure he was kidding.

NickiRasgo
09-26-2013, 08:36 AM

He can shoot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ld0SzWvG3Xc

Yup it's only 1 video but I know he's the one of the role player other than Arthur from the Grizzlies who killed us on that series (2011). He's not really a great shooter but he can definitely shoot with the proper ball movement and spacing and add Chip too. I don't know why so many of you are expecting more from the FA where there's no one really decent enough left for a minimum contract, aside from Pietrus too who is defeniltey intriguing but we don't know his current condition.

xmas1997
09-26-2013, 09:13 AM
This is really quite unusual for the Spurs to sign someone to fill out their 15th spot in their roster and thus lose their usual flexibility of getting someone later.
Either they think pretty highly of Young, or they plan another move using their guards, or maybe even using Young too in a trade.

ohmwrecker
09-26-2013, 09:51 AM
Can anyone post the espn insider article?

moisaenz
09-26-2013, 10:08 AM
Can anyone post the espn insider article?

Why do you want an insider article when you have mute?

mute
09-26-2013, 10:08 AM
Uhh, you're a little late to the game there, Scoop.

If I actually posted every little thing I hear, I'd probably have at least 10 threads a day. I'm always hearing things (trade rumors being thrown around).

Ice009
09-26-2013, 10:18 AM

How is it possible to see a Hibbert/Duncan frontcourt? Hibbert just signed a new contract with the Pacers last off season, so he isn't a free agent anytime soon and the Pacers won't be trading him to the Spurs. Where did you get this rumor from? Another one of your stupid made up rumors/sources?

Can someone please lock this thread and kick this poster for starting stupid threads.

BG_Spurs_Fan
09-26-2013, 10:56 AM
I'm always hearing things

Seek help.

RD2191
09-26-2013, 11:39 AM
:nope

ohmwrecker
09-26-2013, 11:56 AM
Why do you want an insider article when you have mute?

I don't need help with sarcasm. I've got that covered.

ace3g
09-26-2013, 12:00 PM
This is really quite unusual for the Spurs to sign someone to fill out their 15th spot in their roster and thus lose their usual flexibility of getting someone later.
Either they think pretty highly of Young, or they plan another move using their guards, or maybe even using Young too in a trade.

Most likely just a non guaranteed contract, you also have to realize a lot of teams have more than 15 players on their roster right now (some near 19) with training camp about to start.

benefactor
09-26-2013, 12:29 PM
See post #5.

Dex
09-26-2013, 12:36 PM
None of the Spurs moves this summer have been jaw dropping, but they have very quietly plugged pretty much all of the holes that they had going into the offseason.

Beli replaces the spot vacated by Neal, and can also help spell Ginobili who should take a lesser role next season.

Ayres replaces Blair and will make a run for the rotation along with Bonner and Baynes.

Young gives us a young backup SF prospect and will take Jax / TMac's spot.

Meanwhile, the backup PG spot is even more up for grabs than ever with Neal gone, though I expect Joseph to be the forerunner for the spot.

Everything else depends on the progression of Kawhi, the longevity of Duncan and Manu, and as always, health.

tmtcsc
09-26-2013, 12:48 PM
We wont need to worry about Lebron in the Finals. Heat wont be there.

Bruno
09-26-2013, 12:59 PM
Use this thread:
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222525