PDA

View Full Version : NBA: how good are da knicks going to be this season?

RsxPiimp
09-26-2013, 04:49 PM
prime melo
prime chandler
revitalized amare
improved shumpert
fresh start for bargnani
improved prignioni
tim hardaway
MWP
kmart
motivated jr smith

can they beat the heat or pacers?

Prime Time
09-26-2013, 04:54 PM
"Prime Melo"
"Motivated JR"
Those don't mean shit. JR and Melo are 2 overrated chuckers who will never lead their team past the second round.

Katherine Robinson
09-26-2013, 04:56 PM
They will not go very far with poor man's Nowinski

RsxPiimp
09-26-2013, 04:57 PM
"Prime Melo"
"Motivated JR"
Those don't mean shit. JR and Melo are 2 overrated chuckers who will never lead their team past the second round.

disagree. kobe was also dubbed a "chucker" yet he brought 2 additional championships to L.A. of course, melo is no kobe, not in this universe or in his lifetime but the possiblity is there.

Prime Time
09-26-2013, 05:07 PM
disagree. kobe was also dubbed a "chucker" yet he brought 2 additional championships to L.A. of course, melo is no kobe, not in this universe or in his lifetime but the possiblity is there.
Kobe was a chucker yes, but there's a huge difference - Kobe could at least make a good amount of the shots he chucked. Meanwhile you have Carmelo Anthony shooting .400% in the playoffs since 2011.

Also, Kobe could at least play through a system when paired with talent. Melo on the other hand just jacks up every perimeter shot he sees. And Kobe was at least athletic enough to hold his own on defense.

And I can't imagine Bargs helping them too much. He's not that good IMO

Knicks will start off the season hot per usual, but then crumble come playoff time. It's been that way for multiple seasons now.

Clipper Nation
09-26-2013, 05:14 PM
Now that Isiah is coming back (they just fired Grunwald and hired an Isiah crony to replace him), they're f:lolcked :lol

RsxPiimp
09-26-2013, 05:16 PM
Kobe was a chucker yes, but there's a huge difference - Kobe could at least make a good amount of the shots he chucked. Meanwhile you have Carmelo Anthony shooting .400% in the playoffs since 2011.

Also, Kobe could at least play through a system when paired with talent. Melo on the other hand just jacks up every perimeter shot he sees. And Kobe was at least athletic enough to hold his own on defense.

Knicks will start off the season hot per usual, but then crumble come playoff time. It's been that way for multiple seasons now.

solid basketball take brah. I don't disagree but I do think the Knicks will beat the heat. My 02 cents.

RsxPiimp
09-26-2013, 05:19 PM
Now that Isiah is coming back (they just fired Grunwald and hired an Isiah crony to replace him), they're f:lolcked :lol

yo clipper nation, give me your solid take why da Knicks or pacers won't beat the heat.

Clipper Nation
09-26-2013, 05:22 PM
yo clipper nation, give me your solid take why da Knicks or pacers won't beat the heat.
I think between the two, the Pacers have a better chance of beating the Heat, but I'm not sold on Paul George ever being good enough as the first option in order to make that happen, and they don't have a better first option.... their defense gives them a chance, though....

The Knicks aren't going to be as good as they were last year, imho.... Bargnani is horrible and a complete liability on the court, and Melo and JR continue to be useless in the playoffs, tbh....

Wishful thinking is nice and all, but realistically, the Heat will probably be back in the Finals....

RsxPiimp
09-26-2013, 05:41 PM
I think between the two, the Pacers have a better chance of beating the Heat, but I'm not sold on Paul George ever being good enough as the first option in order to make that happen, and they don't have a better first option.... their defense gives them a chance, though....

The Knicks aren't going to be as good as they were last year, imho.... Bargnani is horrible and a complete liability on the court, and Melo and JR continue to be useless in the playoffs, tbh....

Wishful thinking is nice and all, but realistically, the Heat will probably be back in the Finals....

freakin damn good poster, don't understand why you troll 75% of the time.

RsxPiimp
09-26-2013, 05:42 PM
The Knicks will be improved IMO..Bargnani is a horrendous defender and historically bad rebounder, but he gives them a shot creator off the bench, which is a necessity on this Knicks team with limited offensive options, tbh..

A healthy Amare should also help, obviously..

The problem for the Knicks, in addition to their team flaws, is that the top of the East is now loaded, it should be the best and most competitive Eastern conference since the 90s, and the Knicks just won't be as good as Miami/Brooklyn/Indiana/Chicago IMO..

i know its weird to point the blame on woodson, but for some reason ive always thought he's the weakest link to manage these players.

HarlemHeat37
09-26-2013, 05:45 PM
Woodson doesn't have a system, obviously, he's a Black coach, tbh..

Even if he did, though, the Knicks top 4 scorers(Carmelo, JR Smith, Amare, Bargnani) are all poor playmakers that could not successfully run a system, tbh..their PG is an obese, inconsistent player with a low IQ, too..

Carmelo and Kobe aren't comparable, at all..Kobe is a selfish player, but when he's in team-mode, he's a very good passer, while Anthony is average, at best..Kobe has the ability to make difficult and intelligent passes, whether it's through the post or on the drive..I think I've seen Carmelo make like 2 impressive passes that I can remember, tbh:lol..

elmanutres
09-26-2013, 06:06 PM

A lot of us here have great basketball knowledge. But the trolling is so bad that any actual basketball talk is shot down and replaced with the usual dumb stuff

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
09-26-2013, 06:39 PM

His posts aren't trolling.. that's just how laughable his takes are.

RsxPiimp
09-26-2013, 07:01 PM
A lot of us here have great basketball knowledge. But the trolling is so bad that any actual basketball talk is shot down and replaced with the usual dumb stuff

which is sad. I tried to revive the forum to talk about basketball and it worked in one thread then pfft back to garbage.

Clipper Nation
09-26-2013, 07:02 PM
His posts aren't trolling.. that's just how laughable his takes are.

http://i.imgur.com/ujoNOwJ.jpg

RsxPiimp
09-26-2013, 07:02 PM
Woodson doesn't have a system, obviously, he's a Black coach, tbh..

Even if he did, though, the Knicks top 4 scorers(Carmelo, JR Smith, Amare, Bargnani) are all poor playmakers that could not successfully run a system, tbh..their PG is an obese, inconsistent player with a low IQ, too..

Carmelo and Kobe aren't comparable, at all..Kobe is a selfish player, but when he's in team-mode, he's a very good passer, while Anthony is average, at best..Kobe has the ability to make difficult and intelligent passes, whether it's through the post or on the drive..I think I've seen Carmelo make like 2 impressive passes that I can remember, tbh:lol..
so much truth in this post if this wasn't Harlem I would suck his dick

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
09-26-2013, 07:12 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ujoNOwJ.jpg

You know what Cam Newton, the Clippers and the Chargers have in common? Zero rings. Only one of the three have had a steady improvement in statistics, winning percentage, etc. since they started in the leagues? Guess who?

Who wins a ring first? The Clips or Chargers? Answer: None of the above. EVER. lol scrub

Clipper Nation
09-26-2013, 07:14 PM
:lol "Steady improvement"
:lol Going from 6-10 to 7-9 isn't some huge improvement to boast about
:lol Cam Newton

http://i.imgur.com/aGB7RnG.jpg

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
09-26-2013, 07:24 PM
:lol "Steady improvement"
:lol Going from 6-10 to 7-9 isn't some huge improvement to boast about
:lol Cam Newton

http://i.imgur.com/aGB7RnG.jpg

What were the Chargers record the past few years?
Tell me, if the Panthers played the Chargers, that they wouldn't whoop the Chargers non-defensive playing ass. Plus the Panthers having a top five defense? Get out of here, bro.

Your teams suck so bad you have to resort to pulling for the MVP. LOL bandwaggoning faggot.

And yes, smart one, 6-10 to 7-9 is "steady improvement"

Clipper Nation
09-26-2013, 07:28 PM
You are truly retarded.... I love how you continue to deflect to the Chargers when I actively admit they suck and loathe our quarterback, who's basically the white Cam Newton (crybaby bitch with big stats on bad teams) :lol

:lmao "Cam Newton = Marino"
:lmao Bragging about a one-win improvement and still not even cracking .500 in his career

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
09-26-2013, 07:32 PM
You are truly retarded.... I love how you continue to deflect to the Chargers when I actively admit they suck and loathe our quarterback, who's basically the white Cam Newton (crybaby bitch with big stats on bad teams) :lol

:lmao "Cam Newton = Marino"
:lmao Bragging about a one-win improvement and still not even cracking .500 in his career

Sad thing is Rivers wil be the best QB you guys will have in the next two decades.
Cam Newton = second best statistical two years in NFL history behind Dan Marino, not accounting rushing yards and TD's (which are a lot)
Cam Newton = starting with a 2-14 team who had no defense or offense, and have turned them into one of the wild card teams to not only make the playoffs, but possibly win the NFC South. Remember, when he joined the Panthers, they only had one playmaker (Steve Smith) and two running backs who are a shell of their former selves (smash and dash)

Rogue
09-26-2013, 10:57 PM
NY have the talents but it's gonna depend on whether they can figure out a good way to assemble those components into one whole piece. No team would win the championship without any sort of team chemistry, which even the Heat need desptie their fantastic talent level.

Technique
09-26-2013, 10:57 PM
Knicks going to ECF tbh, that's a beast team.

Clipper Nation
03-25-2014, 11:55 PM
Good enough to give up 51 in a quarter :lol

RsxPiimp
03-26-2014, 02:49 PM
Good enough to give up 51 in a quarter :lol

:lol

Clipper Nation
04-12-2014, 11:29 PM
Good enough to miss the playoffs while the shitty, crippled Hawks get in :lol

Clipper Nation
04-12-2014, 11:30 PM
Knicks going to ECF tbh, that's a beast team.
:lmao White Pants with the bads

ElNono
04-12-2014, 11:46 PM
:lol solid bump... I thought RsxPiimp shitty takes were recent, but I have to reconsider in light of this kinda threads, tbh...

Prime Time
04-13-2014, 01:21 AM

Huh.. It was actually the exact opposite. Knicks sucked to start the season but picked it up before the playoffs, still crumbled though.