View Full Version : Kings: DeMarcus Cousins Signs 4year/$62m Max Extension

BatManu20
09-26-2013, 11:45 PM

Holden_Caulfield
09-26-2013, 11:55 PM
:lmao shaq :lmao

BatManu20
09-26-2013, 11:59 PM
“When I look at DeMarcus Cousins, I see a young Shaquille O’Neal,” Shaq told media members during Tuesday’s press conference (http://cowbellkingdom.com/2013/09/25/sacramento-kings-steal-the-national-spotlight/). “He’s very talented, very stubborn in his ways and likes to do things his way.”

http://cowbellkingdom.com/2013/09/26/pete-dalessandro-talks-demarcus-cousins-extension/

spurraider21
09-27-2013, 12:40 AM
they had no choice but to resign him. dude is too talented to just let him walk. i don't think shaq has the makeup to be a great mentor though

CitizenDwayne
09-27-2013, 12:45 AM
I don't see this ending well...

Katherine Robinson
09-27-2013, 12:52 AM
The only thing stopping Cousins from being the best center in the league is his attitude.

TDMVPDPOY
09-27-2013, 01:35 AM
apparently 18/10 is the new max contract criteria? how the mighty nba big man has fallen for contracts

Clipper Nation
09-27-2013, 02:04 AM
That almost makes DeContract Jordan's contract look good :lol

Jacob1983
09-27-2013, 02:06 AM
Way too much money for a cry baby pussy. I could understand if the Kings were a playoff team or maybe a bubble playoff team but they have sucked ass ever since Webber left them.

TDMVPDPOY
09-27-2013, 03:03 AM
i see what they trying to do here, by giving this clown a max contract would put of the clowns who want to purchase the team and reallocate it

benefactor
09-27-2013, 05:51 AM
they had no choice but to resign him. dude is too talented to just let him walk. i don't think shaq has the makeup to be a great mentor though
Give him until the ASB first to prove he has his shit together. Then they can start talking extension.

I give him a year and a half before he punches a stripper or goes Artest on some fan.

Captivus
09-27-2013, 07:44 AM
How many teams were willing to pay him that much AND have the money to do it?
If the answer is "0", then they overpaid him.

Chinook
09-27-2013, 10:39 AM
Give him until the ASB first to prove he has his shit together. Then they can start talking extension.

I give him a year and a half before he punches a stripper or goes Artest on some fan.

Teams can't extend players on rookie contracts mid-season. They had until Halloween to get the deal done.

Nothing wrong with letting him play out his rookie deal and re-signing him as a RFA, though.

Chinook
09-27-2013, 10:42 AM
There have been way too many max extensions given out this year. What are Favors, Monroe and Bledsoe (and even Bradley) going to get now?

Technique
09-27-2013, 10:49 AM
In what other country but America would this uneducated dumb mother fucker get 62m yet alone 1m? God damn America

CitizenDwayne
09-27-2013, 11:27 AM
That almost makes DeContract Jordan's contract look good :lol

Wouldn't go that far.

spurraider21
09-27-2013, 12:18 PM
In what other country but America would this uneducated dumb mother fucker get 62m yet alone 1m? God damn America
The same country where a guy wearing white pants can give epic quotes like "I'm the guy that's fucking your girl while you're out working saving up for her new purse"

HarlemHeat37
09-27-2013, 02:30 PM
:lol Cousins is one of the most overrated players of my lifetime, tbh..

He's popular with the new breed of vanilla, RealGm/Zach Lowe die-hard NBA fans that repeat shit until it becomes gospel, such as Cousins's talent, for instance..

He really isn't that talented, tbh..

He's obviously limited by his mental weakness and team situation, but a big that shoots 45% from the field without shooting 3s, in addition to 3 turnovers and weak defense isn't a noticeably talented player, tbh:lol..

He appears more talented than reality because of the scarcity of post players in the league today..I have watched Cousins plays dozens of times, and I've only been impressed twice IIRC..

Mr Bones
09-27-2013, 04:07 PM
A huge mistake, in my opinion. Cousins didn't even make a terrible Sacramento team better when he was on the floor: http://www.82games.com/1213/1213SAC.HTM

CitizenDwayne
09-27-2013, 04:14 PM
a big that shoots 45% from the field without shooting 3s, in addition to 3 turnovers and weak defense isn't a noticeably talented player

Precisely.

This also applies to Hibbert, btw, other than the weak defense

racm
09-27-2013, 04:37 PM

He's popular with the new breed of vanilla, RealGm/Zach Lowe die-hard NBA fans that repeat shit until it becomes an echoed sentiment, such as Cousins's talent, for instance..

He's obviously limited by his mental weakness and team situation, but a big that shoots 45% from the field without shooting 3s, in addition to 3 turnovers and weak defense isn't a noticeably talented player, tbh:lol..

He appears more talented than reality because of the scarcity of post players in the league today..I have watched Cousins plays dozens of times, and I've only been impressed twice IIRC..

Lowe actually went in on him raw in an article.

Precisely.

Hibbert at least has the excuse of a wrist injury. Cousins doesn't.

Juggity
09-28-2013, 04:08 PM

This might be the worst mangling of the "let alone" idiom that I have ever seen.

The reversed order of the numbers (smaller should always come before larger) makes it meaningless on one level.

The substitution of the word "yet" for "let" makes it meaningless on another level.

All in all an embarrassing display. Please read up on the correct usage of this idiom before trying to employ it again. (http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/let+alone)

D-Wade
09-28-2013, 05:42 PM
I wish Cousins would get out of his own way and become the best center in the league. Yup, I said it. Too bad his attitude is terrible.

DPG21920
09-28-2013, 05:48 PM
Precisely.

Defense is a huge part of the game, and Hibbert is an excellent anchor. Not only that, Hibbert has had at least one season where he shot an acceptable percentage.

ElNono
09-28-2013, 05:58 PM
lol Kings

CitizenDwayne
09-28-2013, 06:16 PM
I wish Cousins would get out of his own way and become the best center in the league. Yup, I said it. Too bad his attitude is terrible.

I just don't get it. What makes people think he could suddenly become the "best center in the league"? He's fine, but he has many holes in his game. His mentality is just one of them.

Raven
09-28-2013, 07:46 PM
people are still judging contracts based on the old times, right now teams are forced to spend, so 15.5/4 is not bad.

Technique
09-29-2013, 07:12 AM
This might be the worst mangling of the "let alone" idiom that I have ever seen.

The reversed order of the numbers (smaller should always come before larger) makes it meaningless on one level.

The substitution of the word "yet" for "let" makes it meaningless on another level.

All in all an embarrassing display. Please read up on the correct usage of this idiom before trying to employ it again. (http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/let+alone)

I flipped the script on your urkle ass. Funniest part is you know exactly what the fuck i mean, yet you follow some sort of false guideline that limits you as a human being. But I dont give a fuck about you so that doesnt bother me.

baseline bum
09-29-2013, 07:18 AM

He's popular with the new breed of vanilla, RealGm/Zach Lowe die-hard NBA fans that repeat shit until it becomes gospel, such as Cousins's talent, for instance..

My nigga Harlem on point. :tu

It's too bad his attitude is fucked, because if he wasn't such a cunt Sac could have probably gotten a nice haul trading him to some retard GM who thinks Salty Olowokandi is Ewing just stuck in bad situation.

Rogue
09-30-2013, 07:36 PM
quality bigs all get overpaid in today's league imho.