PDA

View Full Version : Samsung Flexible Display Phone

Fabbs
09-27-2013, 10:04 AM
supposed to bend the direction you want it to.

http://www.ibtimes.com/samsung-flexible-display-phone-coming-soon-manufacturer-release-curved-display-smartphone-october
http://cdn.slashgear.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/samsung_flexible_amoled-1.jpg
http://asia.cnet.com/story_media/62220087/samsung_flexible_screen.jpg

johnsmith
09-27-2013, 10:06 AM
supposed to bend the direction you want it to.

http://www.ibtimes.com/samsung-flexible-display-phone-coming-soon-manufacturer-release-curved-display-smartphone-october
http://cdn.slashgear.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/samsung_flexible_amoled-1.jpg
http://asia.cnet.com/story_media/62220087/samsung_flexible_screen.jpg

That's fucking cool.

Though I have no idea what practical reason it would serve.

Clipper Nation
09-27-2013, 10:08 AM
:lol at all the gimmicks other companies are having to resort to because Apple's phone game is so impeccable....

Fabbs
09-27-2013, 10:09 AM
It appears we will be seeing something new from Samsung (NASDAQ:SSNLF) by way of display technology within the next month.

Related:
STUDY: 1 in 8 Men Would Choose A New iPhone Over A Girlfriend [VIDEO] :lol

In the wake of rumors about a Limited Edition Samsung Galaxy Note 3 featuring a flexible display, Samsung's mobile business head of strategic marketing, D.J. Lee, has confirmed that the South Korean manufacturer plans to release a smartphone with a curved display. Speaking with Reuters, Lee said the curved display smartphone will launch in South Korea in October. With few further details on the matter, fans and pundits alike have been left to speculate about what this phone will be like.

Many imagine a device capable of folding in on itself and able to take different shapes according to the user’s preference. But the South Korean news agency Yonhap News spoke with Park Sang-jin, president of Samsung SDI, which produces batteries for Samsung, who insists the curved-display devices will not be malleable.

"As plastic liquid crystal displays are strong enough to neither shatter even when dropped on the ground nor need frames, it is possible to produce devices with unique designs," Park said.

It appears the curved displays may be based on common LCD displays, which may be improved to make them shatterproof, resulting in more durable Samsung products; previous reports have indicated that Samsung was working with OLEDs to develop its flexible displays. Many popular Samsung devices such as the Galaxy S4 are heavily criticized for their inability to withstand drops and falls. This has potential to be a well-received improvement in place of fully flexible displays. However, many earlier reports indicate that the function of flexible displays may have never been to usher in flexible devices, but rather to allow for much thinner and lighter, unbreakable devices, with more room for larger batteries and other updated components.

Samsung notably unveiled its Samsung Yuom flexible display technology at the Consumer Electronics Show in January. Devices featuring flexible displays were intended to go on the market in April, but setbacks delayed the release until at least November, recent reports have indicated. There is no word on whether these previously reported flexible display products and the curved display smartphone now being reported are one in the same.

Developing methods of mass producing such flexible components cheaply appears to still be a challenge for Samsung, according to Reuters. This could account for why the manufacturer has not yet introduced flexible displays to the mass market. An exclusive South Korea release could be Samsung’s way of testing its new curved display smartphone with consumers before releasing to international markets while it works to unleash the full potential of flexible displays.

Brazil
09-27-2013, 10:16 AM
:lol at all the gimmicks other companies are having to resort to because Apple's phone game is so impeccable....

that's your opinion tbh, I don't like apple's phone. for me they suck

monosylab1k
09-27-2013, 10:36 AM
That's fucking cool.

Though I have no idea what practical reason it would serve.

:lol thats what i think about every gimmick Samsung has put into their phones.

"Ooooh bump your phones to share pictures!" .......yeah or i could just push"send" and do it without touching shit.

"Wave your hand to answer a call!" for the asshole that's too stupid to see it takes the same amount of effort to move your finger to touch the screen.

TDMVPDPOY
09-27-2013, 10:41 AM
NOKIA banana phone >>> this bullshit

cantthinkofanything
09-27-2013, 10:44 AM

"Ooooh bump your phones to share pictures!" .......yeah or i could just push"send" and do it without touching shit.

"Wave your hand to answer a call!" for the asshole that's too stupid to see it takes the same amount of effort to move your finger to touch the screen.

wow...you are really short sighted

the point is that when you see a buddy and bump fists...now you can transfer pictures or music to him...don't need to even think about it...just..."hey man...what's up" (fist bump with phone)..."nada...just a squirrel..." now you've just shared music and photos

driving in a car..."ring ring"...shit, I don't want to have to reach down and look at my phone...SWIPE..."hey man...what's up"..."hey, I like the pictures you bumped me yesterday"

JMarkJohns
09-27-2013, 10:46 AM

Is Samsung the company whose new phone stops playing Youtube videos if you're not looking at it? Holy shit that would be annoying.

Technique
09-27-2013, 10:48 AM

Nigga apple just released the same damn phone with only one addition and that's to capture your finger prints. :lol at all the apple sheep who buy their product because they want to be trendy.

DisAsTerBot
09-27-2013, 10:48 AM
if it was truly innovative it would be gold tbh

TDMVPDPOY
09-27-2013, 10:49 AM
im still pissed with samsung and there new bend LCD t vs....whatta load of shit gimmick like 3d...

Fabbs
09-27-2013, 10:51 AM

You had your phone in your back pocket.
Supposing you were about to be mounted again by your TomDoll. During a Pats touchdown celebration or whatever other reasons you and Tom hook up.
Instead of being crushed, the phone would flex bend as you were being mounted.
That's practical.

As to the hand wave answering, for those who work at a busy desk it can come in real handy for some.

Clipper Nation
09-27-2013, 10:54 AM
Nigga apple just released the same damn phone with only one addition and that's to capture your finger prints. :lol at all the apple sheep who buy their product because they want to be trendy.
:lol at all the faggots who wear white pants because they want to be trendy....

monosylab1k
09-27-2013, 11:05 AM

:lol this is rich coming from the white pants wearing namedropper who brags about his friend's shitty job handing out nightclub fliers and hugging c-level nba players by the waist.

monosylab1k
09-27-2013, 11:09 AM
Also, Samsung fanboys need to pick a lane. You can't mock Apple's popularity while also bragging about Android being the #1 mobile OS.

:lmao samsung

":lol all these isheep waiting in line for a phone. They're so lame and stupid"

One Year Later:

":cry we need to do research to get people to wait in lines for our phones too"

Katherine Robinson
09-27-2013, 11:31 AM
Instead they could develop a phone with a tb of internal storage, or something else which would be useful.

InRareForm
09-27-2013, 12:05 PM

Fanboy

InRareForm
09-27-2013, 12:10 PM
Fuck all the iphone/samsung fanboy Shit. Almost any phone now is great. Lol.at apple heads thinking it still 2007 and that they are miles ahead of every phone.

resistanze
09-27-2013, 12:20 PM
lol @ defending multi-billion dollar corporations like they know who you are

vander
09-27-2013, 12:39 PM
if only they could make one that folds in half, to protect the screen when not in use and to make it smaller and easier to fit in pockets...

leemajors
09-27-2013, 12:42 PM

reading, it's fundamental.

leemajors
09-27-2013, 12:42 PM

:lol

UZER
09-27-2013, 12:50 PM

While I agree with this, the same can be said about sports fans.

Two10Whitey
09-27-2013, 01:01 PM
The next random person who sees me with my iPhone and decides to say some shit like "hey bro, you need the galaxy so you can be on my level" is getting punched in the fucking mouth and left with a broken phone. Shit happened to me at work today. Some random steroid junkie motherfucker came up to me while I was texting and said that shit like nothing. Fucks wrong with you dumbass nut riders.

Creepn
09-27-2013, 01:09 PM
if only they could make one that folds in half, to protect the screen when not in use and to make it smaller and easier to fit in pockets...

lol seriously? I don't know your post history much to determine if your are just trolling or not.

Creepn
09-27-2013, 01:11 PM
The next random person who sees me with my iPhone and decides to say some shit like "hey bro, you need the galaxy so you can be on my level" is getting punched in the fucking mouth and left with a broken phone. Shit happened to me at work today. Some random steroid junkie motherfucker came up to me while I was texting and said that shit like nothing. Fucks wrong with you dumbass nut riders.

lol you wouldn't punch anybody stop it.

Blake
09-27-2013, 01:14 PM
Why would you want to bend it?

I just need it to be powerful, waterproof and break proof

Technique
09-27-2013, 01:20 PM

This ain't gameboy motherfucker. It's a phone.

vander
09-27-2013, 01:22 PM
would be the only practical use of a bending screen IMO

leemajors
09-27-2013, 01:34 PM
This ain't gameboy motherfucker. It's a phone.

already had flip phones as well tbh

Two10Whitey
09-27-2013, 01:44 PM
lol you wouldn't punch anybody stop it.
Shut the hell up. Is this thread for people with cricket phones? Fuck outta here.

Creepn
09-27-2013, 02:37 PM
Shut the hell up. Is this thread for people with cricket phones? Fuck outta here.

lol this thread ain't for people with Iphones either then.

Two10Whitey
09-27-2013, 04:40 PM
lol this thread ain't for people with Iphones either then.

Damn you really have Cricket? I'm sorry man... I didn't know.

jeebus
09-27-2013, 04:51 PM
already had flip phones as well tbh
I miss my old flip phone tbh. If they weren't such a pain in the dick to text with, I'd probably get one again.

CheapBastard
09-27-2013, 05:29 PM
My android does what I need for a lot less.

Rogue
09-27-2013, 06:18 PM
picklebreaths displaying gay stuffs, anything new?

anakha
09-27-2013, 06:51 PM
Why would you want to bend it?

I just need it to be powerful, waterproof and break proof

Wouldn't a flexible display help in that case?

Nbadan
09-27-2013, 07:18 PM
I need me some holographic images...that would be cool...

Blake
09-27-2013, 08:43 PM
Wouldn't a flexible display help in that case?

It's possible but not a given

Venti Quattro
09-27-2013, 10:07 PM
:lol Apple

I don't want a bendable phone though. I just want a solid Galaxy Note phone and Samsung is doing that for me.

Creepn
09-27-2013, 10:32 PM
Damn you really have Cricket? I'm sorry man... I didn't know.

I don't live in San Antonio tough guy. Why you all mad about me stating the truth? You and I both know you won't punch the next random guy that tells you to step up to Galaxy level. Just say "ya you right Creepn" so you can feel better.

Two10Whitey
09-28-2013, 10:43 AM
I don't live in San Antonio tough guy. Why you all mad about me stating the truth? You and I both know you won't punch the next random guy that tells you to step up to Galaxy level. Just say "ya you right Creepn" so you can feel better.

No, I probably will. The only thing you punch is the buttons on the microwave fat boy. Fuck outta here.

DMC
09-28-2013, 10:44 AM
I'm waiting for one that actually stays connected while you're on the phone and driving around the country. That would fucking impress me.

Creepn
09-28-2013, 08:32 PM
No, I probably will. The only thing you punch is the buttons on the microwave fat boy. Fuck outta here.

Now you "probably" will. Before you was so sure you was going to. Baby steps to full admittance. I'm so proud of you!

Two10Whitey
09-29-2013, 12:28 PM
Now you "probably" will. Before you was so sure you was going to. Baby steps to full admittance. I'm so proud of you!
Go make a pizza.

Creepn
09-29-2013, 02:08 PM
Go make a pizza.
Lol Don't know where you getting "fat" from. I have a picture of myself on here.

Two10Whitey
09-29-2013, 02:49 PM
Lol Don't know where you getting "fat" from. I have a picture of myself on here.

I'm impressed. :toast
You must be popular.

Suspect
09-29-2013, 07:54 PM
Also, Samsung fanboys need to pick a lane. You can't mock Apple's popularity while also bragging about Android being the #1 mobile OS.

:lmao samsung

":lol all these isheep waiting in line for a phone. They're so lame and stupid"

One Year Later:

":cry we need to do research to get people to wait in lines for our phones too"
thought they were making fun of people waiting in line for an APPLE phone when the "next big thing" was already here? stop reaching

leemajors
09-29-2013, 09:47 PM
thought they were making fun of people waiting in line for an APPLE phone when the "next big thing" was already here? stop reaching

no, they were doing research and being pitiful. woefully behind on marketing :cry

Suspect
09-30-2013, 03:46 PM
I know they were trying to get info on the competition but im sure it wasn't research on "how to get people to wait in lines" for their phones lol