PDA

View Full Version : Rockets: Harden, Howard weigh in on Durant and Wade

Double-Up
09-27-2013, 12:49 PM
By Steve Bunin

The Kevin Durant vs. Dwyane Wade social media battle became a national story over the last few days, after SI.com failed to put James Harden on its list of top-10 players in the NBA (ranking Harden 11th and Wade eighth) .

Asked about the list, Durant told a reporter Harden belongs in the top 10. Asked who he should replace, Durant immediately responded, “Dwyane Wade.”

But Wade responded on Instagram:

"Kevin Durant said James Harden should replace me in the Top 10... Note to self* Make him respect your place in history ... again"

To which, Durant tweeted: "Show me don't tweet me.."

Today at Toyota Center, I asked both Dwight Howard and Harden himself for their take on the spat and where Harden belongs in the hierarchy of NBA elite. Both of them thought it was a legitimate beef - not some prank or fabricated debate to spur interest in any product or themselves.

Harden’s response: “That's how KD felt. He felt that way.” Q: How do you feel? Are you a top10 player? Harden: "For sure. For sure. Last year, I had a chance to prove it. Kind of broke out of my shell a little bit."

Howard’s response: “I think it's real. What I told James is, stay away from it. We do our talking on the floor. We'll play both those teams, and when we do, show them who's the best shooting guard in the world.”
Q: What do you think? Do you think he's a top 10 player? Howard: “No doubt. He has the ability to be one of the best shooting guards to ever play the game.”

By the way, here’s SI.com’s top-15, in reverse order:
20-16: Kyrie Irving, Blake Griffin, LaMarcus Aldridge, Chris Bosh, Dirk Nowitzki.
15-11: Stephen Curry, Marc Gasol, Kevin Love, Derrick Rose, James Harden.
10-6: Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade, Dwight Howard, Tim Duncan.
5-1: Russell Westbrook, Tony Parker, Chris Paul, Kevin Durant, LeBron James.

http://www.csnhouston.com/basketball-houston-rockets/talk/harden-howard-weigh-durant-and-wade?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo (http://www.csnhouston.com/basketball-houston-rockets/talk/harden-howard-weigh-durant-and-wade?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo)

djohn2oo8
09-27-2013, 01:24 PM
https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1375773_10151886430427320_1717659850_n.jpg

DPG21920
09-27-2013, 02:03 PM
Rockets should be damn fun to watch. They have immense potential.

HarlemHeat37
09-27-2013, 02:21 PM
Harden is the best SG in the league, there isn't much of an argument against it, tbh..

I'd still rather have Three in a big game situation, though..

djohn2oo8
09-27-2013, 02:25 PM
Harden is the best SG in the league, there isn't much of an argument against it, tbh..

I'd still rather have Three in a big game situation, though..
Yeah, Wade is still better in the clutch. Hope Harden can improve on that and defense.

djohn2oo8
09-27-2013, 02:28 PM

djohn2oo8
09-27-2013, 02:30 PM
Parsons looks stronger
http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a507/finalreunionxd/parsons_zps88ba70c5.jpg

Rogue
09-27-2013, 06:36 PM
Houston once had a top 3 swingman of the league and a center who was said to be the league's best, but that team hadn't gone nowhere further than the 1st round until the season MWP (then named Ron Artest) joined them. You only win championships by winning games rather than discussions, imho.

The anus of America: 2

Miami: 3

Let us proceed...

Thebesteva
09-28-2013, 12:44 AM
https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1375773_10151886430427320_1717659850_n.jpg

Such a girl you can actually see his vagina sticking out in that pic

Captivus
09-28-2013, 08:07 AM
I just cant believe how Durant can say: "Show me don't tweet me.."
This guy is an idiot.

djohn2oo8
09-28-2013, 08:18 AM
Such a girl you can actually see his vagina sticking out in that pic
:lol Dwight tellin you niggas to "Move on"

AchillesHeel
09-28-2013, 08:36 AM
NBA needs more beef, tbh.

weebo
09-28-2013, 08:45 AM
As much as I dislike D-herp, Harden hasn't done anything special to warrant a top 10 list in anything. Prove than you can carry a team on your back an entire season and ring, then he can KD can make all the noise they want. Until that happens, they should stay humble and just play.

Koolaid_Man
09-28-2013, 09:50 AM
As much as I dislike D-herp, Harden hasn't done anything special to warrant a top 10 list in anything. Prove than you can carry a team on your back an entire season and ring, then he can KD can make all the noise they want. Until that happens, they should stay humble and just play.

when Harden can STOP letting a 35 yr old Kobe Bryant torch him on a daily basis then we can have this discussion....the nigga is soft and plays no defense when Harden can prove he's more than just regular season fake gold then we can talk...does the nigga have any awards to his name?

Until then I gotta roll with Wade being the better player...and lol @ Dwight trying to ride Harden's dick...Dwight gonna be in for a rude awakening when does finally wake up and realize his dumb ass will never get a ring :lol

djohn2oo8
09-28-2013, 09:54 AM
Well he did carry the team on his back last year with Jeremy L:loln as the second option. You do know they were the perpetual 9th seed before him right?

djohn2oo8
09-28-2013, 09:55 AM
when Harden can STOP letting a 35 yr old Kobe Bryant torch him on a daily basis then we can have this discussion....the nigga is soft and plays no defense when Harden can prove he's more than just regular season fake gold then we can talk...does the nigga have any awards to his name?

Until then I gotta roll with Wade being the better player...and lol @ Dwight trying to ride Harden's dick...Dwight gonna be in for a rude awakening when does finally wake up and realize his dumb ass will never get a ring :lol
6th man of the year, tbh. They play every day? Didn't know that.

Koolaid_Man
09-28-2013, 10:00 AM
Well he did carry the team on his back last year with Jeremy L:loln as the second option. You do know they were the perpetual 9th seed before him right?

you're gonna get a good lessons in baksetball 101 this upcoming season...Harden had free reign...no one game planned for him because they all just considered it a good / fluke season...if he shows the first half of the season he's a legit 1st option then teams will game plan and once they do I won't believe the guy is real until I see how he handles that pressure of being doubled and forcing the ball out of his hands....until I see him handle that he's just a good basketball player who had a fluke season...not convinced...I've seen too much basketball and too many really good 2 guards...

djohn2oo8
09-28-2013, 10:04 AM
you're gonna get a good lessons in baksetball 101 this upcoming season...Harden had free reign...no one game planned for him because they all just considered it a good / fluke season...if he shows the first half of the season he's a legit 1st option then teams will game plan and once they do I won't believe the guy is real until I see how he handles that pressure of being doubled and forcing the ball out of his hands....until I see him handle that he's just a good basketball player who had a fluke season...not convinced...I've seen too much basketball and too many really good 2 guards...
Harden's not the one who crumbles under pressure of being double teamed, that would be Lin. Harden's problem is on defense and forcing/getting fancy with passes. He was game planned for well before the playoffs, which he still got points, teams TRIED forcing Lin to beat them.

Koolaid_Man
09-28-2013, 10:06 AM
6th man of the year, tbh. They play every day? Didn't know that.

listen harden is what 23 and Kobe is 35 and harden still cannot stay in front of or stop Kobe...forget harden being better than Wade he's not even better than a 35 yr old Kobe...Kobe could have easily led the league in scoring last season at a time when he did nothing but pass the ball...Harden has such a long way to go...until he shows me he's a consistent winner and can win play-off games I'm putting him on the level of Andre Igoudala and Kyrie Irving, Paul George...very good players just not quite ready...they don't belong in Wade, Durant , Lebron discussions...and Wade, Lebron, Durant don't belong in the Kobe discussion...the Kobe level is a different level altogether

Koolaid_Man
09-28-2013, 10:09 AM
Harden's not the one who crumbles under pressure of being double teamed, that would be Lin. Harden's problem is on defense and forcing/getting fancy with passes. He was game planned for well before the playoffs, which he still got points, teams TRIED forcing Lin to beat them.

and they will again....this time though you're gonna have to deal with doubling Harden and then forcing the ball into Dwights hands....Dwight is gonna cost you major games...he will hit some but he will fold under that free throw pressure when it counts the most...if Mchale is smart he would make Lin the second option for late game situations...if nothing else learn from the Nash / Howard failed experiment...if you can't listen to Steve Nash direct you then I question your intelligence altogether..to be honest

djohn2oo8
09-28-2013, 10:13 AM
listen harden is what 23 and Kobe is 35 and harden still cannot stay in front of or stop Kobe...forget harden being better than Wade he's not even better than a 35 yr old Kobe...Kobe could have easily led the league in scoring last season at a time when he did nothing but pass the ball...Harden has such a long way to go...until he shows me he's a consistent winner and can win play-off games I'm putting him on the level of Andre Igoudala and Kyrie Irving, Paul George...very good players just not quite ready...they don't belong in Wade, Durant , Lebron discussions...and Wade, Lebron, Durant don't belong in the Kobe discussion...the Kobe level is a different level altogether

Don't know what your point is there. Harden doesn't play defense at all. So there's really nothing impressive about that.

yeah right. Kobe's career high in assists is 6. Harden averaged 5.8 in his first year of starting, so it's easy to see he'll easily surpass that. Kobe passed so much that they almost missed the playoffs. He would have averaged less than harden if he didn't have 3 games of 10 assists to stat pad :lol

I agree about winning playoff games about Harden, but Kobe don't belong with Wade, LeBron, And Durant.

djohn2oo8
09-28-2013, 10:14 AM
and they will again....this time though you're gonna have to deal with doubling Harden and then forcing the ball into Dwights hands....Dwight is gonna cost you major games...he will hit some but he will fold under that free throw pressure when it counts the most...if Mchale is smart he would make Lin the second option for late game situations...if nothing else learn from the Nash / Howard failed experiment...if you can't listen to Steve Nash direct you then I question your intelligence altogether..to be honest
Double Harden, Parsons will be open, or Dwight.

Double-Up
09-28-2013, 10:27 AM

63TDVWnZ5K8

Koolaid_Man
09-28-2013, 10:28 AM
Don't know what your point is there. Harden doesn't play defense at all. So there's really nothing impressive about that.

yeah right. Kobe's career high in assists is 6. Harden averaged 5.8 in his first year of starting, so it's easy to see he'll easily surpass that. Kobe passed so much that they almost missed the playoffs. He would have averaged less than harden if he didn't have 3 games of 10 assists to stat pad :lol

I agree about winning playoff games about Harden, but Kobe don't belong with Wade, LeBron, And Durant.

:lol ^ ohh really...17 yrs in and was 2nd or 3rd in scoring last yr...let me remind you what happened when we played the Heat this past season in Miami...Pau was out hurt and Nash just came back from injury and we played them to a stand still Wade and Lebron if you recall was getting torched when they tried to play Kobe straight up or 1 on 1...you're silly dawg...and why do you say untrue shit when you already know I'm gonna clown you with truth...

Here's the vid but he doesn't belong :lol

vwJ843n6OCU

djohn2oo8
09-28-2013, 10:36 AM
:lol ^ ohh really...17 yrs in and was 2nd or 3rd in scoring last yr...let me remind you what happened when we played the Heat this past season in Miami...Pau was out hurt and Nash just came back from injury and we played them to a stand still Wade and Lebron if you recall was getting torched when they tried to play Kobe straight up or 1 on 1...you're silly dawg...and why do you say untrue shit when you already know I'm gonna clown you with truth...

Here's the vid but he doesn't belong :lol

vwJ843n6OCU
The Lakers recently snapped a four game losing streak. In that game Kobe, the league leader in field goal attempts and missed shots, had a season low of 14 points but a season high of 14 assists. This makes sense to me since Kobe shooting less means more efficient players are shooting more. Kobe has a lower career true shooting % (http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/ts_pct_active.html) than Gasol, Howard and Nash (ranked 17,3 and 2 respectively). Despite this he takes more than 1/4 of the shots. Commentators usually praise top scorers no matter what, but recently they have started looking at data (http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8884925/los-angeles-lakers-coach-mike-dantoni-says-kobe-bryant-assists-looked-sacrificing)and noticed that the Lakers are 6-22 when Kobe has more than 19 field goal attempts and 12-3 in the rest of the games.

:lol Lower true shooting percentage than Howard

Koolaid_Man
09-28-2013, 10:36 AM
63TDVWnZ5K8

:lol...fact is when he played in OKC he had a ton of help on defense...all Harden had to do was come in off the bench and play hustle defense....find me a video of him defending Kobe when he has no help...

Koolaid_Man
09-28-2013, 10:39 AM
The Lakers recently snapped a four game losing streak. In that game Kobe, the league leader in field goal attempts and missed shots, had a season low of 14 points but a season high of 14 assists. This makes sense to me since Kobe shooting less means more efficient players are shooting more. Kobe has a lower career true shooting % (http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/ts_pct_active.html) than Gasol, Howard and Nash (ranked 17,3 and 2 respectively). Despite this he takes more than 1/4 of the shots. Commentators usually praise top scorers no matter what, but recently they have started looking at data (http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8884925/los-angeles-lakers-coach-mike-dantoni-says-kobe-bryant-assists-looked-sacrificing)and noticed that the Lakers are 6-22 when Kobe has more than 19 field goal attempts and 12-3 in the rest of the games.

:lol Lower true shooting percentage than Howard

where did cut and paste that from....it's an obvious cut and paste job because you don't even have your games right...the game vs the Heat in Miami Kobe didn't have 14pts and 14 assists...if you're gonna steal material from the web at least know how to do it right....you're a moron...go read a book...:lol

djohn2oo8
09-28-2013, 10:45 AM
where did cut and paste that from....it's an obvious cut and paste job because you don't even have your games right...the game vs the Heat in Miami Kobe didn't have 14pts and 14 assists...if you're gonna steal material from the web at least know how to do it right....you're a moron...go read a book...:lol
http://simplystatistics.org/2013/01/28/data-supports-claim-that-if-kobe-stops-ball-hogging-the-lakers-will-win-more/

This graph shows score differential versus % of shots taken by Kobe* . Linear regression suggests that an increase of 1% in % of shots taken by Kobe results in a drop of 1.16 points (+/- 0.22) in score differential. It also suggests that when Kobe takes 15% of the shots, the Lakers win by an average of about 10 points, when he takes 30% (not a rare occurrence) they lose by an average of about 5. Of course we should not take this regression analysis to seriously but it's hard to ignore the fact that when Kobe takes less than 23 23.25% of the shots the Lakers are 13-1.

Where did I say it was from that game? I said he doesn't belong with LeBron, Wade, and Durant. Statistics show it over his career playa.

djohn2oo8
09-28-2013, 10:45 AM
Kobe Bryant Field Goal Attempts & Lakers Win-Loss Record
25+ FGA: 11-9 record, 55% win percentage
22-24 FGA: 10-6 record, 63% win percentage
21 & Fewer FGA: 12-5, 71% win percentage
The Lakers record clearly improves as Kobe's field goal attempts decrease, and here is why - the most likely combination for a Lakers loss is having Kobe shoot 25+ shots while making less than 40% of his attempts. When this toxic combo happens, the Lakers have lost all seven of their games in 2012.
However, the Lakers can survive when a "cold" Kobe (less than 40% FG) limits his field goal attempts to 21 or fewer. Consider the following:

Kobe Bryant's Field Goal Attempts, Field Goal Percentage, & Lakers Win-Loss Record
25+ FGA, <40% FG%: 0-7 record, 0% win percentage
21 & Fewer FGA, <40% FG%: 5-3 record, 63% win percentage
Just consider the implications of that first stat: The Lakers are 0-7 when Kobe shoots 25+ FG and makes less than 40% of his shots. This includes road losses at PHI, NYK, HOU, DET, WAS, DEN and a home loss against OKC. What this 0-7 trend illustrates is that on seven occasions this year, Kobe Bryant has literally shot the Lakers out of the game. The most recent example of a cold Kobe shooting the Lakers out of a game occurred on March 29, 2012 when he went 7-25 (28%) against theOklahoma City Thunder (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/okc/) as the Lakers lost 102-93 in a preview of a potential postseason match-up.

http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/nba/news?slug=ycn-11188016

DMC
09-28-2013, 11:15 AM
Fans of teams who need developed talent to even compete, teams who never develop anything except inferiority complexes and thugs: You folks amuse me.

DMC
09-28-2013, 11:25 AM
Kobe Bryant Field Goal Attempts & Lakers Win-Loss Record
25+ FGA: 11-9 record, 55% win percentage
22-24 FGA: 10-6 record, 63% win percentage
21 & Fewer FGA: 12-5, 71% win percentage
The Lakers record clearly improves as Kobe's field goal attempts decrease, and here is why - the most likely combination for a Lakers loss is having Kobe shoot 25+ shots while making less than 40% of his attempts. When this toxic combo happens, the Lakers have lost all seven of their games in 2012.
However, the Lakers can survive when a "cold" Kobe (less than 40% FG) limits his field goal attempts to 21 or fewer. Consider the following:

Kobe Bryant's Field Goal Attempts, Field Goal Percentage, & Lakers Win-Loss Record
25+ FGA, <40% FG%: 0-7 record, 0% win percentage
21 & Fewer FGA, <40% FG%: 5-3 record, 63% win percentage
Just consider the implications of that first stat: The Lakers are 0-7 when Kobe shoots 25+ FG and makes less than 40% of his shots. This includes road losses at PHI, NYK, HOU, DET, WAS, DEN and a home loss against OKC. What this 0-7 trend illustrates is that on seven occasions this year, Kobe Bryant has literally shot the Lakers out of the game. The most recent example of a cold Kobe shooting the Lakers out of a game occurred on March 29, 2012 when he went 7-25 (28%) against theOklahoma City Thunder (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/okc/) as the Lakers lost 102-93 in a preview of a potential postseason match-up.

http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/nba/news?slug=ycn-11188016

I agree with that somewhat as long as your not confusing cause and correlation. Is Kobe taking that many shots because the scoring is stale otherwise? Or is the scoring stale otherwise when he's taking that many shots?

Basically, what's happening elsewhere on the court, with Lakers' offense, on nights when Kobe takes 25+ shots attempts?

I think some (more than half) is related to Kobe's misconception that a hot shooter is a game changer. If Kobe gets hot, he'll keep shooting. If he gets cold, he'll keep shooting until he gets hot. That's because he wants to be the hero of the game. Kobe knows his salary is based on his stats, because the majority of his fan base are stat watchers. He's not nearly as concerned with getting a ring as he is with keeping his fan base. Maybe rightfully so, since championships don't pay for houses or cars and Kobe has enough rings to keep his fan base until he retires. Why would he sacrifice his individual glory so a historically entitled team can have more league manufactured success? What will it do for his bank account? Nothing.

Scotty Pippen has 6 rings and he's damn near broke. Kobe has to see that and realize that it's about self promotion, not team promotion. The Bulls are doing ok financially, Pippen, not so much.

Koolaid_Man
09-28-2013, 03:29 PM
I agree with that somewhat as long as your not confusing cause and correlation. Is Kobe taking that many shots because the scoring is stale otherwise? Or is the scoring stale otherwise when he's taking that many shots?

Basically, what's happening elsewhere on the court, with Lakers' offense, on nights when Kobe takes 25+ shots attempts?

I think some (more than half) is related to Kobe's misconception that a hot shooter is a game changer. If Kobe gets hot, he'll keep shooting. If he gets cold, he'll keep shooting until he gets hot. That's because he wants to be the hero of the game. Kobe knows his salary is based on his stats, because the majority of his fan base are stat watchers. He's not nearly as concerned with getting a ring as he is with keeping his fan base. Maybe rightfully so, since championships don't pay for houses or cars and Kobe has enough rings to keep his fan base until he retires. Why would he sacrifice his individual glory so a historically entitled team can have more league manufactured success? What will it do for his bank account? Nothing.

Scotty Pippen has 6 rings and he's damn near broke. Kobe has to see that and realize that it's about self promotion, not team promotion. The Bulls are doing ok financially, Pippen, not so much.

:lol why don't you stop while you're ahead...I guess one can't put a price on being a dumb ass...If his salary is based on stats then he should give his money back right? listen Kobe's salary is based on his on court artistry, his dominance, his ability to beat anyone on or off the dribble...his pull up J...his mid-range, his low post game, his defense...his being unstoppable either in his prime or even today...where at 35 no one can stop him still...and no one would dare put single coverage on him...less they get burned...Miami tried it and left poor Wade to get torched by his lonesome...whatever stat he accumulates along the way (good or bad) he accepts..he was concerned with stats he'd take higher percentage shots and he'd focus on his efficiency ratings...Kobe's money comes from his artistry...I don't expect couch potato's like you to understand...you just have real shitty takes with no analysis...his fan base is because of rings which signifies he's a winner...without those rings he has no fan base...I wish you would stop to listen to your own stupid ass ideas before you post them :lol

Buddy Mignon
09-28-2013, 04:12 PM
Harden is not a top 15 player. Just the new Gilbert Arenas.

Buddy Mignon
09-28-2013, 04:16 PM
:lol why don't you stop while you're ahead...I guess one can't put a price on being a dumb ass...If his salary is based on stats then he should give his money back right? listen Kobe's salary is based on his on court artistry, his dominance, his ability to beat anyone on or off the dribble...his pull up J...his mid-range, his low post game, his defense...his being unstoppable either in his prime or even today...where at 35 no one can stop him still...and no one would dare put single coverage on him...less they get burned...Miami tried it and left poor Wade to get torched by his lonesome...whatever stat he accumulates along the way (good or bad) he accepts..he was concerned with stats he'd take higher percentage shots and he'd focus on his efficiency ratings...Kobe's money comes from his artistry...I don't expect couch potato's like you to understand...you just have real shitty takes with no analysis...his fan base is because of rings which signifies he's a winner...without those rings he has no fan base...I wish you would stop to listen to your own stupid ass ideas before you post them :lol

Personally... I like the black dog with the hard on laying in bed with the two white girls for your avatar. It reminds all these honkies on here what their daughters, sisters, mothers, and even grandmothers are doing... lol.

Thebesteva
09-28-2013, 04:28 PM
:lol Dwight tellin you niggas to "Move on"

We'll see which franchise wins a ring first...we already know the answer

djohn2oo8
09-28-2013, 04:33 PM
We'll see which franchise wins a ring first...we already know the answer
Fredo does too.

Koolaid_Man
09-28-2013, 04:48 PM
Personally... I like the black dog with the hard on laying in bed with the two white girls for your avatar. It reminds all these honkies on here what their daughters, sisters, mothers, and even grandmothers are doing... lol.

thanks for the wisdom big homie....don't worry I got you....

Buddy Mignon
09-28-2013, 04:50 PM
thanks for the wisdom big homie....don't worry I got you....

:toast

DMC
09-28-2013, 05:03 PM

Artistry = swept in 1st round

Kobe gets paid because he sells tickets, no other reason. Even a shitty troll like you cannot debate against that. If the Lakers were paying to win rings, they'd have amnestied Kobe, kept Howard and acquired some real long range shooters and a real coach. Instead, they picked up run and gun and son, hoping to keep ticket sales up and appease the high dollar TV contract. Phil called Kobe out for what he is. You cannot argue against that. Yes, that's the same Phil that got ushered out of the NBA via a sweep.

djohn2oo8
09-28-2013, 05:23 PM
DMC going chris rock on Kool
HvVTnG87wbo

AchillesHeel
09-29-2013, 04:05 AM

Kobe gets paid because he sells tickets, no other reason. Even a shitty troll like you cannot debate against that. If the Lakers were paying to win rings, they'd have amnestied Kobe, kept Howard and acquired some real long range shooters and a real coach. Instead, they picked up run and gun and son, hoping to keep ticket sales up and appease the high dollar TV contract. Phil called Kobe out for what he is. You cannot argue against that. Yes, that's the same Phil that got ushered out of the NBA via a sweep.

http://imageshack.us/a/img546/4984/439f872058e510a626d8300.gif

Bynumite
09-29-2013, 06:55 AM
If the Lakers were paying to win rings, they'd have amnestied Kobe, kept Howard and acquired some real long range shooters and a real coach.

That sounds a lot like the 09 Magic tbh. Howard + multiple players shooting close to 40% from 3PT + Stan Van Gundy = 4-1 Finals loss to a Kobe led team.

Acting like Dwight is a 1st option :lol

Michael Jordan.
09-29-2013, 07:51 AM
That sounds a lot like the 09 Magic tbh. Howard + multiple players shooting close to 40% from 3PT + Stan Van Gundy = 4-1 Finals loss to a Kobe led team.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/000/954/424/DwightSings_original.gif?1373068787

DMC
09-29-2013, 09:10 AM

Nice rebuttal; if they did what I suggested they'd likely make the Finals. I'm felled.

Koolaid_Man
09-29-2013, 09:26 AM

:lol ^ you're stupidity knows no bounds...if you're saying Kobe didn't play well in the first round...guess what I concede the point :lmao

.:lol ohh let me guess...it's the stats....:lol....of course you're gonna get paid if you sell tickets but you sell tickets only because you're just that fucking good...Lebron is "allegedly" the best player in the game and yet the Heat cannot sell out home games :lol

and why why does Kobe sell tickets? :lmao you guessed it...back to my original point...because he's an artist...because he does everything better than everyone else and with a flair...sure their may be some efficiency issues but it only disproves your point. If he's not an efficient player and yet he sells tickets....then what else could it be dick head..

the days of back to the basket dominate centers like Shaq are over...keeping Howard to lead a team is like asking Duncan to go to a strip club...just ain't happening...

Michael Jordan.
09-29-2013, 09:45 AM
:lol meltdown

Bill_Brasky
09-29-2013, 10:48 AM
:lol ^ you're stupidity knows no bounds...if you're saying Kobe didn't play well in the first round...guess what I concede the point :lmao

.:lol ohh let me guess...it's the stats....:lol....of course you're gonna get paid if you sell tickets but you sell tickets only because you're just that fucking good...Lebron is "allegedly" the best player in the game and yet the Heat cannot sell out home games :lol

and why why does Kobe sell tickets? :lmao you guessed it...back to my original point...because he's an artist...because he does everything better than everyone else and with a flair...sure their may be some efficiency issues but it only disproves your point. If he's not an efficient player and yet he sells tickets....then what else could it be dick head..

the days of back to the basket dominate centers like Shaq are over...keeping Howard to lead a team is like asking Duncan to go to a strip club...just ain't happening...
use more emoticons you fucking girl.

DMC
09-29-2013, 10:56 AM

Kobe sells tickets for the same reason Jackie Chan and a few other Bruce Lee knockoffs sold movie tickets; people overrated the original's value to the point where he became a god, and the reasonable facsimile thereof was brought on to sop up residuals from the huge splash of that overrating, post mortem. Where Bruce was in the realm of the Hong Kong martial arts film world, Michael Jordan was in the NBA world. After MJ retired, those who called themselves basketball fans wanted someone to emulate him, so they could still watch Michael, especially those who never saw Michael play (never saw him often enough to know it wasn't his one on one scoring ability that won championships).

So, enter Shaq and the formidable team he had around him when he got to LA. A 3peat brought on by the most dominant big to play since Wilt Chamberlain set up the facade of a Jordanesque player in Kobe Bryant. All the swagger was there, the athleticism, the moves (he copied MJ to the letter), and now he had the 3 championships on his resume. Shaq would never be confused with MJ. Shaq was dominant in his own right. So that left Kobe. Lakers fans were torn between Shaq and Kobe, however Shaq wasn't the MJ protege, he wasn't trying to be. Lakers fan naturally gravitated toward Bryant to get their fill.

Other NBA fans who were homesick for MJ found comfort in at least the plastic blowup doll of MJ that is Kobe Bryant. No, it doesn't satisfy like MJ, it doesn't finish like MJ, it doesn't get you "there" like MJ did. It's all you have and it's better than humping your fist though. Shaq leaves LA for Miami, Kobe becomes the face of the LA franchise. Then the wonder years happen (like, wonder how an all time great can miss the playoffs). Kobe threatens to quit, so Lakers pull a huge deal and bring in Pau "Franchise Savior" Gasol.

Pau was Jesus to LA, he came from a bastard union, 12 disciples who didn't know really what he was, and he dragged Kobe to the Finals kicking and screaming, and did it thrice before the cocks crow. Then Judas Bryant sells out the PauChrist for the Libyan midget Chris Paul, but Pilaus nixed that trade and the PauChrist remained in Canaan. Then Paul Bryant, who never actually had anything to do with the success of the Lakers, is writing the books of Lakers history and the PauChristians now quote Paul as if PauChrist wasn't real to begin with.

No, the Pharisee Paul Bryant has altered the annals of Lakers history by putting himself there and the unwashed masses of East LA couldn't care less, since they wanted the Immanuel of MJ anyhow, this must be him as far as they are concerned. These are the same people who have plastic figurines of Mary on their dashboards and tattoos of her on their backs, but mostly end up in prison for satanic acts.

RsxPiimp
09-29-2013, 11:04 AM

such a fine ass post sir:toast

Koolaid_Man
09-29-2013, 11:07 AM
Kobe sells tickets for the same reason Jackie Chan and a few other Bruce Lee knockoffs sold movie tickets; people overrated the original's value to the point where he became a god, and the reasonable facsimile thereof was brought on to sop up residuals from the huge splash of that overrating, post mortem. Where Bruce was in the realm of the Hong Kong martial arts film world, Michael Jordan was in the NBA world. After MJ retired, those who called themselves basketball fans wanted someone to emulate him, so they could still watch Michael, especially those who never saw Michael play (never saw him often enough to know it wasn't his one on one scoring ability that won championships).

So, enter Shaq and the formidable team he had around him when he got to LA. A 3peat brought on by the most dominant big to play since Wilt Chamberlain set up the facade of a Jordanesque player in Kobe Bryant. All the swagger was there, the athleticism, the moves (he copied MJ to the letter), and now he had the 3 championships on his resume. Shaq would never be confused with MJ. Shaq was dominant in his own right. So that left Kobe. Lakers fans were torn between Shaq and Kobe, however Shaq wasn't the MJ protege, he wasn't trying to be. Lakers fan naturally gravitated toward Bryant to get their fill.

Other NBA fans who were homesick for MJ found comfort in at least the plastic blowup doll of MJ that is Kobe Bryant. No, it doesn't satisfy like MJ, it doesn't finish like MJ, it doesn't get you "there" like MJ did. It's all you have and it's better than humping your fist though. Shaq leaves LA for Miami, Kobe becomes the face of the LA franchise. Then the wonder years happen (like, wonder how an all time great can miss the playoffs). Kobe threatens to quit, so Lakers pull a huge deal and bring in Pau "Franchise Savior" Gasol.

Pau was Jesus to LA, he came from a bastard union, 12 disciples who didn't know really what he was, and he dragged Kobe to the Finals kicking and screaming, and did it thrice before the cocks crow. Then Judas Bryant sells out the PauChrist for the Libyan midget Chris Paul, but Pilaus nixed that trade and the PauChrist remained in Canaan. Then Paul Bryant, who never actually had anything to do with the success of the Lakers, is writing the books of Lakers history and the PauChristians now quote Paul as if PauChrist wasn't real to begin with.

No, the Pharisee Paul Bryant has altered the annals of Lakers history by putting himself there and the unwashed masses of East LA couldn't care less, since they wanted the Immanuel of MJ anyhow, this must be him as far as they are concerned. These are the same people who have plastic figurines of Mary on their dashboards and tattoos of her on their backs, but mostly end up in prison for satanic acts.

^ glad you could find a way to exhale this morning....
wNNjw3foKGo

Ace
09-29-2013, 11:21 AM
Houston is 2nd round exit at best, non-issue..

Michael Jordan.
09-29-2013, 11:28 AM
Houston is 2nd round exit at best, non-issue..
Fair point. At least until they move Asik.

Koolaid_Man
09-29-2013, 11:30 AM

I noticed your bitchass didn't post in the MJ fucking a hoodrat thread...your opinion is not valued...go back to fucking beached whales nigga :lol

TDMVPDPOY
09-29-2013, 11:36 AM

u forgot that chinese guard on the team...

Michael Jordan.
09-29-2013, 11:37 AM
I noticed your bitchass didn't post in the MJ fucking a hoodrat thread...your opinion is not valued...go back to fucking beached whales nigga :lol
Why would I post in a thread dedicated to that ratchet beast know as your crackmomma? I ain't proud of you :lol

Michael Jordan.
09-29-2013, 11:38 AM
u forgot that chinese guard on the team...
Oh yeah.

jdiggy0424
09-29-2013, 01:27 PM
Houston should be smart and find a way to acquire a pf that can hit the midrange consistently by moving either Asik/Lin or both. I think Patrick Beverly proved in last years postseaon that he is more than capable of handling the pg spot, so why not bring him along as a long term prospect.This team does have a lot of defensive potential. unfortunately due to Howards offensive limitations (and liabilities towards the end of games), I dont see them getting past the 2nd round.

jdiggy0424
09-29-2013, 01:29 PM
and as far as Durants comments go, he should know better than to fire up a player (especially a future HOF) that looks for any reason to get motivated. I for one wouldn't be suprised if Wade drops 30 on OKC when they first meet in the season.

DMC
09-29-2013, 01:34 PM
Houston should be smart and find a way to acquire a pf that can hit the midrange consistently by moving either Asik/Lin or both. I think Patrick Beverly proved in last years postseaon that he is more than capable of handling the pg spot, so why not bring him along as a long term prospect.This team does have a lot of defensive potential. unfortunately due to Howards offensive limitations (and liabilities towards the end of games), I dont see them getting past the 2nd round.
No one wants to see Beverly play PG. China wants to see Lin play. Houston has to weigh bracket success against turnstile success.

Michael Jordan.
09-29-2013, 01:41 PM
No one wants to see Beverly play PG. China wants to see Lin play. Houston has to weigh bracket success against turnstile success.
Well, they tried to get rid of Lin. They secretly want Beverley to start.

DMC
09-29-2013, 01:55 PM
I think if they can get someone like John Wall they would be good.

ezau
09-29-2013, 01:57 PM

Kool getting his assraped as usual.