PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: 2013 Media Day Thread

LkrFan
09-29-2013, 12:59 AM
Nash

http://www.nba.com/lakers/sites/lakers/files/imagecache/image_gallery_default/IMG_8224.jpg

Swaggy P

http://www.nba.com/lakers/sites/lakers/files/imagecache/image_gallery_default/IMG_8205.jpg

Kobe

http://www.nba.com/lakers/sites/lakers/files/imagecache/image_gallery_default/IMG_8373.jpg

Jordan Hill

http://www.nba.com/lakers/sites/lakers/files/imagecache/image_gallery_default/IMG_8384.jpg

MVPau

http://www.nba.com/lakers/sites/lakers/files/imagecache/image_gallery_default/IMG_8275.jpg

Steve Blake

http://www.nba.com/lakers/sites/lakers/files/imagecache/image_gallery_default/IMG_8201.jpg

Ear Jordan

http://www.nba.com/lakers/sites/lakers/files/imagecache/image_gallery_default/IMG_8208.jpg

Jodie Meeks

http://www.nba.com/lakers/sites/lakers/files/imagecache/image_gallery_default/IMG_8316.jpg

Gonna be a fun season. :tu

LkrFan
09-29-2013, 01:15 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/993999_10153350456015341_1740935886_n.jpg

LkrFan
09-29-2013, 01:17 AM
Tightest uniform in NBA history:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1233530_10153310731090341_1022365039_n.jpg

LkrFan
09-29-2013, 01:21 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/993330_10153114482690341_1258267858_n.jpg

LkrFan
09-29-2013, 01:31 AM
mnsptPpjAwA

LkrFan
09-29-2013, 01:36 AM
PuaN_-2rS8U

N9Im20lELQE

LkrFan
09-29-2013, 01:38 AM
gS9UcBTu-F4

TDMVPDPOY
09-29-2013, 02:11 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/993330_10153114482690341_1258267858_n.jpg

remove the lakers logo and replace it with bangbros/brazzers

LkrFan
09-29-2013, 02:12 AM
Instagram vid (http://instagram.com/p/ez99_dwiPN/#)

LkrFan
09-29-2013, 02:14 AM
Kobe: "It's going well. I've been progressing quickly. Now it's a matter of trying to make sure it holds up when performance time comes. Make sure the explosion is there, the muscle endurance is there. Stuff like that."

Kobe on biggest challenge this year for team: "It's always health. You have to start with health. Hopefully, we have a season this year where the majority of guys are not dealing with injuries that last two weeks, three weeks, that sort of thing. Then after that it's really about understanding each other and observing each other. A lot of us it's the first time playing together and just figuring out what we can and can't do and supporting each other that way. When you have that chemistry you can do some pretty surprising things."

Asked by Worthy if he needs to be able to step back:

Kobe: "You have to be able to step back and allow other guys to share that spotlight. That's the only way you win championships. I've been fortunate enough to do that five times and every single time we've been able to do that we've had guys step up and make significant contributions. So that's not saying anything different or out of the ordinary for every year."

Kobe: "A lot of people had mini heart attacks when it happened. Nah, it feels fine. It feels stable. The hard part is over in the sense of the tightness of the tendon. There was always a concern making sure that we don't overstretch it early and that hasn't been the case."

Kobe: "I haven't done anything. I haven't touched the ball in the sense of putting together a workout or something like that. I have done any of that."

Worthy thinks they will be better defensively:

Kobe: "We're able to plug a couple of areas that we were lacking last year. Length and athleticism and speed with Nick Young and Wesley, and Kaman as well. Guys that are mobile, guys that can get after guys on the perimeter, but in particular with Wesley and Nick, that's the athleticism that we desperately needed."

Kobe: "Personal goal today is to get out and do a little more. We start practice, get moving a little bit and then see how it reacts tomorrow and just progressively work on that explosion and muscle endurance and see where it goes."

LkrFan
09-29-2013, 02:14 AM
Nash: I feel great. It was a long summer. I rehabbed hard and long and trained extensively throughout the summer and it's paid off. I feel in a great position to get going here. There was a time in summer when I was worried. May and June it was coming so slowly and when you are dealing with nerves it's slow coming. That was a frustrating period but I stuck with it and stuck with it and kept fighting and I feel really good.

Nash: First challenge is to be healthy, especially with myself, Kobe and Pau, we all come into the season with questionmarks in some respect. I feel great, but you got out and prove it. So that's the number one thing for the entire squad. And the second thing is the chemistry, like you said. We got some new guys, but fortunately we got some young hungry guys. Guys for whatever reason were not in high demand and they've got something to prove. I think all of us come off a year that either it was a disappointing year for us as Lakers or guys that come into this situation with a lot on the table for them and a lot for them to prove and for them to put their career in the right path. And for the only way for them to do this, and Mike's touched on that, is for us to play together. To build the chemistry, to play as one and be winners. So those are the two big things for me.

Nash on D: We're going to have to be smart and we're going to have to play together on the defensive end. I think one of the nice things with the young athletic guys is were going to better in defensive transition. There were so many times last year I felt like it was me on three guys back there. This year, I think we have a couple more athletic guys on the perimeter that can really get back and change it, slow it down. And maybe we get a possession or two a half out of that. In our league it's that, isn't it? A few possessions a half that changes the game.

Nash: Again, incredibly important for Mike, but incredibly important for the team. Last year not only did he come in after not only have we gone through 6 weeks of intensive Princeton, but we also didn't have a lot of chance to practice because of the injuries. We were trying to put things together and we really didn't have the pieces to put it together on the fly. And this year I think we got some personnel that can space the floor a little more, a little younger, a little more athletic. We can do a few more things with our versatility so I think Mike's going to be in a good position year to really impact this team.

LkrFan
09-29-2013, 02:15 AM
Pau: Very motivated. Extremely excited to have this opportunity. To come on to the season with a lot of force, rested from the summer, worked hard to get myself ready. So it's going to be an exciting year.

Pau: Defense is going to be a key factor. If we want to win ball games, if we want to beat good teams, we've got to be one of the top teams. We've got to be consistent on the defensive end. We've got to stop guys, keep teams under 1 shot every possession. We got to scramble. We've got to keep guys in front of us so we don't have to over rotate over help and always keep in front of the guy.

Pau: I want to be back to being a dominate player out there. To be a reference for my team, to make my teammates better. Understand that's it's going to be a challenge every night, but I like to dominate the game, dominate whoever I play and face and being back to one of the top players in the league.

Pau on Kaman: He brings experience, he knows what works, I think this is a good opportunity for him to get back to his level and I look forward to working with him.

Pau on Kobe: He's been working extremely hard to prepare himself to heal, to rehab and to get back to his top level. This injury, this recovery process is testing his patience. He's not the most patient guy in the world, but he has to do it.

Pau: This year, totally different year, we now have a chance to set the foundation of our team throughout this training camp and I'm looking forward to being closer to the basket making plays for myself and for others.

LkrFan
09-29-2013, 02:16 AM
Blake: Personally, I feel great and healthy. I took about a month off after last season, so I'm all healed up.

Blake: I think we're starting off in a better place. Coach D'Antoni has been around all summer working with guys in the offseason, so we'll have him in training camp and that consistency will help us all year.

Blake: We really didn't get a chance to prove and show what we could do last year and I think everybody is coming into this year and ready to do that.

Blake on crowded backcourt: Yet to be seen, I'm not sure. I think we're all type of players that we can play together, whether we're playing less minutes or more, we'll still support each other. And I think that's important.

Blake: I think we'll have a great opportunity to get up and pressure the basketball. We don't have quite the same freedom to push guys down to the paint like when Dwight was back there, but at the same time we'll use our defensive schemes and we'll have to do it as a group. You can't rely on one guy to get stops.

LkrFan
09-29-2013, 02:17 AM
MDA: Obviously, last year was what it was. We under performed the expectations. This year the expectations are a little lower, so it's a good chance for us to over perform. And that's what we're kind of geared up to do and see if we can do it.

MDA: I think excitement. We've been here a month and half working out, so I've gotten to know each one personally, their likes, dislikes, a little bit about their games. I watched them workout. We're starting from a point so far ahead of last year, but at the same time we know we've got a long ways to go. But understand the questionmarks: Kobe coming back, Steve Nash 39, Pau Gasol coming off of injury, young guys still trying to find their footing, but we're a very talented group of guys and if we can bring it together chemistry wise, get into a nice rhythm of play that we think benefits everybody, we can surprise some people.

MDA: We know that every year you start from zero and now we have a chance to mold it and build it. When you come in the middle of the year, they've already set in their ways a little bit and they're kind of playing a certain way and they have ideas of how they need to play and you're trying to figuring it all out on a big stage and losing, it's hard to put it together. It's funny, everyone of us has something to prove...only way we're going to overachieve is everybody going in the same direction and I think we have a good chance of doing that.

MDA: It's hard to have a plan because you don't know quite when he'll be ready. The only thing that's constant is that he will work every day and we'll get updates every day and the doctors will huddle with him every day. And they will, with him, let us know when he can get on the floor, that will be the first step, and when he can can practice, that will be the second step and when he can play, third step. We'll just have to look and see how it goes.

MDA on Spurs-like resting of vets: That could happen and we'll have to talk about back to backs. We'll have to talk about each game situation and what's good for him. Whether a week here, a week there. I think that will all play out with the mind set, yeah, it's important where we are and also in the standings, where we're trying to get. Last year we got compromised a little bit.

MDA on Defense, will that be a big focus: Oh, yeah. It always is. Every coach, every player knows that. You don't win without playing good defense.

LkrFan
09-29-2013, 02:17 AM
Young: There's nothing like playing for the Lakers. I grew up being a Laker fan.

Young: I feel like we all have something to prove. We're ranked 12th in the West. A lot of people down on us. Right there, that's a lot of motivation in itself.

Young: Bringing intensity, being young, being able to get up and down court. Bring our style of play. We're going to be playing up and down, we got a lot of athleticism on this team.

Young on D: I got long arms. For me scoring so much, I feel I've been labeled. So, I've got a lot to prove on the other side of the end. It's going to be all right. I think I'll be doing my thing this year on defense.

Young on D: Just from the start of September, we've been harping on it. The coaches have been harping on it. I think it's going to be one of the main themes going into camp.

Young on improving: Just tightened up everything. Get my ball handling right, get my jumpshot better and just watch film. I think that's one of the thing that's lost. People don't study the game like they used to.

Young on playing with Kobe: Kobe's a guy that commands double teams and I could be a guy that knocks down shots and release some of that pressure from him.

Young: When you have a lot of turmoil, that carries out on the court. You can definitely see that. I'd seen it being on the opposite team. They were struggling, but just getting a fresh start, playing with guys in summer time, getting in that gym early, that can mean a lot.

LkrFan
09-29-2013, 02:18 AM
Farmar: It just feels like home. It is home. L.A. is home for me. To be able to play in front of my friends and family. To be able to wear this uniform and represent this great organization, those things are very, very special to me. That opportunity to play along side Steve Nash and under coach D'Antoni were good career opportunities for me. It was a no-brainer in my book.'

Farmar on admiring Nash/MDA: Absolutely. Them together pretty much built this style of play and this offensive system. I've always admired it from afar. Playing against, them just what it would be like in that situation as a young point guard. For me, there is no better person to learn from than Steve Nash [DB: right on!] and to play for somebody as cool and understanding and developmental and D'Antoni will be good for me.

Farmar: I'll have to use my quickness and athleticism to disrupt people. I plan on picking up 94 feet just to really be annoying and just to wear people down over the course of the game. And my experience in Europe defense was really emphasized. Every game was life or death. It was a must-win situation, so they really demanded you lock in.

lefty
09-29-2013, 02:34 AM
I dont see Dwight

LkrFan
09-29-2013, 02:59 AM
I dont see Dwight

384025916642316288&tw

;)

TDMVPDPOY
09-29-2013, 03:09 AM
384025916642316288&tw

;)

LOL still a fkn begger

lefty
09-29-2013, 03:13 AM
384025916642316288&tw

;)
The Denial

LkrFan
09-29-2013, 03:24 AM
EL SEGUNDO, Calif. (AP) -- Kobe Bryant stepped off a flight from Dubai and showed up at the Los Angeles Lakers' training complex Saturday, joining his teammates for the first morning of training camp.
Although Bryant is globetrotting comfortably on his surgically repaired Achilles tendon, he's still uncertain when he'll join the Lakers on their practice court as they begin their return from a hugely disappointing season for the 16-time champion franchise.

''I feel good,'' Bryant said. ''I don't think we have a particular timetable as to where I should be right now, but I'm feeling good.'' Kobe is more certain about a few other things: He'll come back strong from his injury, and the Lakers can contend for another title even without Dwight Howard.
''Our expectations are always the same going into every single season,'' Bryant said. ''Improve every single game with the goal in mind of winning the championship. Doesn't matter what anybody else is saying. That's the goal that we have.''

After an offseason that began in mid-April when he tore his tendon in a game against Golden State, Bryant likely is still a long way from stepping on the practice court. Yet nobody around the Lakers is willing to predict any timetable for an athlete with almost supernatural recuperative powers.
The fourth-leading scorer in NBA history is running on a special treadmill and doing some court drills, but still isn't sprinting or playing basketball. Bryant knows he might not be ready for opening night Oct. 29, but he's not willing to concede anything in his latest comeback.

''My goal is to play tonight, you know what I mean?'' Bryant asked. ''It's about being smart about it and pacing it the right way and just seeing how it does. It's really just a strength thing now. I'm just seeing how it holds up, and then how the recovery holds up after that. ... The procedure and the therapy right after that really got me ahead of the curve. It feels like the hard part is over.''
Bryant and the Lakers reported for an early camp - thanks to a looming trip to China - with cautious optimism following a tumultuous year. After assembling Howard and Steve Nash for a run at a title, almost nothing went right for the Lakers while finishing seventh in the Western Conference and getting swept out of the first round by San Antonio.

Injuries limited Nash to 32 games in his first Lakers season, and the two-time MVP point guard is now the NBA's oldest active player. Pau Gasol sacrificed playing time and position to help the team, but then struggled through knee injuries that required extensive offseason treatment.
Howard played one inconsistent season and ditched the Lakers, taking a smaller contract to play for the Houston Rockets. The mercurial center never got comfortable playing alongside Bryant and in the shadow of Los Angeles' great centers, but the remaining Lakers aren't sparing much thought for him these days.
Bryant replied with an expletive when asked if he regretted Howard's departure.

''If he would have come back, it would have been great,'' Bryant said. ''If he didn't, it's not, so it's not.''
Bryant won't be alone on the Lakers' sideline at the start of camp. Gasol also will sit out at least the first few days of practice while easing back from offseason treatment on tendinosis in his knees, and Nash's minutes will be heavily managed to keep him healthy.

The Lakers have several new faces to work into coach Mike D'Antoni's schemes after adding veterans Nick Young, Chris Kaman, Jordan Farmar and Wesley Johnson in the summer.
D'Antoni didn't get a training camp after arriving early last season, so he's grateful for the time with the players and new assistant coaches Kurt Rambis and Johnny Davis.

''We have to try to build the chemistry, and the trust factor takes a while,'' D'Antoni said. ''The (outside) expectations are down. Obviously, we have some question marks, and that's why people either put us down at 12th or whatever. That happens. Doesn't really affect what we do or our mindset. Our mindset is to overachieve and get this team as strong as we can. We have a lot of talent on this team, and hopefully we have a little chip on our shoulder.''

Nobody carries a bigger chip than Bryant, who zealously draws fuel from doubters. He's running with 75 percent of his body weight on the treadmill, and he has done ladder drills on the court to improve his agility, but he grudgingly acknowledges his return isn't imminent.

Still, Bryant is deep into the mind games necessary to get himself back more quickly than anyone expected. He referenced David Beckham, Mariano Rivera and Peyton Manning as inspirations for a strong comeback from a late-career injury.

''I need to get in shape, but it doesn't really take me long to do that,'' Bryant said. ''I work hard at it. When I get back on the court, I'll be good to go. I don't think I've ever played a season where I was 100 percent. Like 70, 80 percent is fine.''

LkrFan
09-29-2013, 03:36 AM
Many questions but few answers at Lakers media day

Will the Lakers even make the playoffs?

They had to push themselves to get there last season, finishing 45-37 and seventh in the Western Conference only after beating Houston in the regular-season finale.

That was with Dwight Howard. And Metta World Peace.

If last season was a chaotic fireworks display gone awry, this season could be more like a sparkler or that little black snake with an 11-second shelf life after it's lighted.

Nobody has high hopes for the Lakers. Except the Lakers themselves.

Bryant, ever the optimist, still talked about winning a championship this season.

"It doesn't matter what anybody else is saying. That's the goal that we have," he said.

Then he eventually ducked back inside the underbelly of the Lakers' training facility in El Segundo. He wouldn't be healthy enough to take part in the team's first practice.

He is still recovering from a torn Achilles' tendon and has started running on a special "anti-gravity" treadmill with an air-pressure chamber that envelops his lower body and reduces his running impact.

His next step will be to run on the court, but that's likely to be weeks away, not days, meaning he'll take part in very few, if any, preseason practices.

Not like he needs them. But Bryant acknowledges he's not in game shape as the Lakers move closer to their season opener Oct. 29 against the Clippers.

"It won't take me long to do that," he said. "When I get back out there on the court, I'll be good to go. I don't think I've ever played a season where I was 100%. So, like, 78% is fine."

Will 78% be enough for the Lakers?

Gasol and Nash will be training-camp participants after finishing last season either injured (Nash) or on the way to a medical procedure (Gasol).

By all accounts, Nash seems recovered from the broken bone in his leg and the accompanying nerve damage. Gasol is further behind after sitting out most of the summer because of a procedure to decrease persistent tendon pain in his knees. He is cleared to begin practicing but will ease into it.

Everybody wanted to know about Bryant, though, and he was willing to share.

His thoughts on Dwight Howard bolting: "I really don't give a…. It is what is. If he came back, it would have been great."

His thoughts on who picks up the defensive slack without Howard and World Peace: "I think you've got to look at Nick Young. I think you've got to look at Wesley Johnson. It's on us to kind of train them up a little bit, teach them various things and tricks to try to get them to that point."

And on his recent jump from a high-dive platform that earned a "not great judgment" label from General Manager Mitch Kupchak: "I just wanted to go out and have fun. I was going to do a flip, but then I said, no, I probably shouldn't do that."

Almost predictably, Bryant, 35 years old and entering the last year of his contract, was bullish on what he sees down the road before his career ends.

"Another championship. That's easy," he said.

Bryant knows plenty about winning. But can Young, Johnson and Chris Kaman really replace Howard and World Peace? It's just not realistic to think so.

The Lakers are predicted to finish third in their division, a striking possibility for a franchise atop the Pacific 23 times since 1971, including five in a row until the Clippers broke it up last season.

Nash, who will be 40 in February, offered his own analysis after looking around at the comparatively light attendance at Lakers media day.

"It's 180 degrees from last year," he said. "But you have to embrace every year for what it is and the challenge. Maybe we'll surprise everybody and turn into a completely different team than people expect. But I think you don't need to talk about that stuff right now. We need to find some commonality and understanding and identity that we never really found last year and go from there."

With Bryant, Nash and Gasol, the Lakers won't use a blistering offense to outscore anybody, meaning D'Antoni will have to adjust his usual push-the-pace mantra.

Expect a lot of Gasol and Bryant in the post, whenever they start playing.

A preview of things to come, courtesy of Bryant: "We're going to play exactly how we finished off last year, playing with a tempo that's right for us. We're not an up-and-down, run-and-gun team by any stretch of the imagination. We'll use the strengths we have."

As usual, it will come down primarily to Bryant.

He cautioned reporters in a friendly way, reminding them that Peyton Manning's career was supposed to be done a few years ago and that David Beckham successfully came back from a torn Achilles' tendon.

D'Antoni tried to sound hopeful.

"Steve Nash, Pau Gasol and Kobe Bryant — the question mark is one's coming back from injury, one's a little older, one's this and one's that," D'Antoni said. "But you don't find any better players than them. It's just trying to get them healthy, try to keep them healthy and see what happens."

AchillesHeel
09-29-2013, 03:51 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/993999_10153350456015341_1740935886_n.jpg

The young guns are laughing at Kirby already hogging the ball and chucking it.

Good news for Laker fans, Kirby says he's still not doing workouts and he's cutting recovery time, most likely will not be ready for season opener as he needs to get in playing shape. He's probably lost a lot of lift on his J from being unable to run and practice chucking like he usually does.

With that being said, I wouldn't be surprised if Lakers started out well without Kirby and were in the playoff picutre, then fell out of the POs as Kirby gets more touches/minutes.

DMC
09-29-2013, 11:27 AM
http://www.nba.com/lakers/sites/lakers/files/imagecache/image_gallery_default/12mediaday_IMG_4329.JPG

And media day 2012... high hopes

We know how that ended, don't we.

DMC
09-29-2013, 11:31 AM
Los Angeles Lakers Media Day 2012: 10 Takeaways Heading into the 2012-2013 NBA Season

Michael C. Jones (http://contributor.yahoo.com/user/1063557/michael_c_jones.html) October 4, 2012 10:51 AM

COMMENTARY | It hasn't even been a week since training camp opened up following the Los Angeles Lakers' 2012 Media Day (http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/lakers/), and there are already many developing stories emanating out of Laker-land. The new-look Lakers were together and available for the first time as a group and had plenty to talk about regarding the upcoming season. The elephant -- or in this case elite NBA All-Star -- in the room was center Dwight Howard (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3818), who has been the talk of the town since his arrival in Los Angeles. But there was plenty more to talk about on Monday. Here are 10 things to note following the Lakers' Media Day in 2012:
1. It's still Kobe's team. :lmao
Given the A-list status of his new teammates, Kobe Bryant (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3118) had to get one obvious statement out of the way from the onset -- the Lakers are still his team (http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8450210/kobe-bryant-makes-clear-los-angeles-lakers-team). He told the media Monday that there was no question that he is the Lakers' leader.
Interestingly though, he did tab Dwight Howard as the heir apparent to the stroried franchise :loland said he plans on passing the torch to him when he retires. That's the kind of rhetoric that will only help sway Howard to stay beyond this season, when he can go elsewhere as a free agent. Given the new circumstances he's in, that's becoming less likely to happen.
2. Getting tickets will be tough.
This is what the media frenzy looked like (http://sports.yahoo.com/photos/nba-media-day-2012-1349136882-slideshow/los-angeles-lakers-center-dwight-howard-speaks-reporters-photo-213307554--spt.html) on Monday during the press event. It comes with the territory when teams build a super-squad, :loland games will likely be even harder to find tickets for as a result. If the media session was any indicator, then the Lakers will be the top ticket in town by a substantial margin during the 2012-2013 season.
3. Steve Blake's foot injury was no joke.
Steve Blake made news during the offseason after suffering a strange (and painful-sounding) injury when he cut his foot stepping on a spike strip. The natural follow-up question after learning of such a bizarre scenario is obviously the question of how it happned. Fortunately, the good folks over at the Los Angeles Times (http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow/la-sp-ln-lat-steve-blake-explains-why-he-stepped-on-parking-lot-spike-20121001,0,6154085.story) caught up with the reserve guard.
Someone called his name as he walked barefoot through the parking lot of L.A. suburb, Manhattan Beach. With his head turned, he proceeded to step on a spike strip, which punctured his left foot and left him bleeding enough to warrant concern. "All the blood made me realize something was wrong. It's unfortunate. You move past it and go from there," he said.
4. Kobe thinks a lot of people are dumb.
When it comes to basketball, Kobe Bryant is smarter than nearly everyone on planet Earth, and he knows it. When asked about general speculation that a Bryant-Nash dynamic wouldn't work because of each player's comfort with the ball in their hand, he told the Mason and Ireland Show (http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/03/the-nets-com-site-is-not-exactly-what-nets-fans-expect/#/2012/10/02/you-think-kobe-is-selfish-cant-mesh-with-nash-he-thinks-youre-dumb/), "Here's the thing: Some people are just very, very dumb."
He went on to talk about winning five titles, which you don't very well do as an individual. The bottom line is that he's right to take offense to anyone who thinks he doesn't know how to play the game with others at this stage in his career. :lol
5. The new Lakers look good on paper, even better in uniform.
Monday was the first time that the Lakers were together in an official capacity as one team. It was one of those believe-it-when-you-see-it moments to see Bryant and Nash alongside one another after being bitter conference rivals for their entire career.

Seeing Dwight Howard wearing a No. 12 purple and gold jersey only added to the excitement of the upcoming season. :rollinThis talent-laden roster will be fun to watch, and without a lockout looming over the season this year, basketball will thankfully be the focus.
6. Dwight Howard may suit up sooner than we think.
There's still no timetable for Dwight Howard's return to action following back surgery that ended his 2011-2012 season. But at media day, he told reporters that he hadn't had any setbacks and was getting better each day. This is welcome news for the Lakers faithful.
7. Mike Brown and the players are happy with the Princeton offense.
Mike Brown took a lot of criticism when the team struggled throughout the NBA playoffs in 2012, but the team did right by him and added some top-notch assistants for the upcoming season. Eddie Jordan (http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/london-2012/jordan/) was brought in to install the Princeton offense, which resembles the triangle scheme behind the last five Lakers championships.
Brown has embraced it, and so has the team. With total buy-in, gone will be the speculation that players aren't comfortable in the system, and the focus can be on how to best utilize it to exploit the Lakers' strengths and high basketball IQ. :lol
8. Kobe Bryant has a lot in common with Steve Jobs. :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao (Both Dead)
They're both geniuses and have revolutionized their respective professions in ways that most people don't even dream of. Bryant and the late former CEO of Apple, Steve Jobs, each shared early struggles with trust among their peers. According to this excellent report (http://espn.go.com/nba/preview2012/story/_/id/8450506/los-angeles-lakers-letter-day-a) from ESPN's J.A. Adande, Bryant agreed with that sentiment after reading an excerpt from Jobs' biography that summed up Jobs' own career challenges with Apple.

"That describes my whole career," Bryant said.
9. The Lakers aren't done making moves.
While fans were basking in the glory of new additions Nash, Howard, Antawn Jamison and Jodie Meeks, the front office went out and quietly signed Chris Douglas-R:lolberts, the former Memphis star who could be yet another strong player off the bench during the season.
Douglas-Roberts is a proven NBA-level commodity who can add some much-needed scoring to the second unit.
10. Everyone recognizes this team dynamic will take time.
No one is delusional about the new-look Lakers taking some time to embrace the new offense and translate all the talent to success on the court. The franchise has been through overwhelming underachievement before in 2004 when the four-headed monster of Bryant, Shaquille O'Neal, Gary Payton, and Karl Malone failed to meet expectations.

Only time will tell what the legacy of this current roster will be -- that's why they play 82 games.:lmao:lmao:lmao

Koolaid_Man
09-29-2013, 11:36 AM
http://www.nba.com/lakers/sites/lakers/files/imagecache/image_gallery_default/12mediaday_IMG_4329.JPG

the problem with your busted theory yet again...yet again is that last year... the whole world had high hopes for us...this year we're the only ones with high hopes...so you fail again DMC....being ranked 12th gives us the upside we need to play hard to prove others wrong...I hate to be the lone person on this board serving as your conscience..daming you at every turn :lol

Koolaid_Man
09-29-2013, 11:36 AM
keep up the excellent work Lkrfan

Bynumite
09-29-2013, 12:06 PM

We also know how spurs season ended with Jim choking a layup and tip in on the court and choking on mushroom tips off the court.

Clipper Nation
09-29-2013, 12:11 PM
I dont see Dwight

Huh? D12 is still a Laker....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BVRR-R6CAAAamCg.jpg

:lol

Jodelo
09-29-2013, 12:47 PM
MDA on Defense, will that be a big focus: Oh, yeah. It always is. Every coach, every player knows that. You don't win without playing good defense.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Ditty
09-29-2013, 12:58 PM

:lmao

Lakers are going to be shitty again...can't wait until these faggots get shitted on all season & show up in the playoffs hoping the Spurs & Clippers will lose because :cry there teams sucks :cry

ezau
09-29-2013, 01:02 PM
http://www.how-to-draw-funny-cartoons.com/image-files/cartoon-mummy-8.gif

Hey, it's Dr. Jerry:lol

DMC
09-29-2013, 01:54 PM
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l482/DMCSPURS/hoodnig_zps2f3851e5.jpg

-21-
09-29-2013, 02:32 PM

:lmao

LkrFan
09-29-2013, 03:19 PM
keep up the excellent work Lkrfan
:tu

elmanutres
09-29-2013, 03:41 PM
:lmao OP hyping up the lakers. :lol I'll get the popcorn.

ezau
09-29-2013, 10:11 PM
Tbh, the Lakers can win 30 games max this season.

DJR210
09-29-2013, 10:42 PM
Gonna be a fun season. :tu

Don't see the fun in more decline, more injuries, more dysfunction, more D'Antoni, less wins, no Playoffs, tbh.

Trainwreck2100
09-30-2013, 03:36 AM
mah props to LkrFan for repping hisself and his fanbase. However this season will only end in disaster because if Kobe comes back to early (:lol if) no amount of gatorade/baby fetus/hgh cocktail will save him from Mike D running his ass into the ground like he did last season

LkrFan
09-30-2013, 06:05 AM
:lmao OP hyping up the lakers. :lol I'll get the popcorn.
Show me where I'm hyping up the Lakers. I'll wait. :wakeup

AchillesHeel
09-30-2013, 07:29 AM
Lakers pre-season record with Kirby last year: 0 - 8 (he had a 23 point quarter last year and they still lost that game)

I bet they will win at least 2-3 games without Kirby this year.

Trainwreck2100
09-30-2013, 12:45 PM
Show me where I'm hyping up the Lakers. I'll wait. :wakeup

son will mike D run kobe into te ground like last season?

LkrFan
09-30-2013, 02:23 PM
son will mike D run kobe into te ground like last season?
I can't really say tbh. Kobe is stubborn, so even if Mike D tried to take him out of a game, Kobe would just check himself right back in. I seent it many times last year. :lol

LakerHater
09-30-2013, 05:47 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BVceyYgCMAAgFys.jpg