PDA

View Full Version : Thunder: Durants only window for MVP 13/14

TDMVPDPOY
09-29-2013, 04:40 AM
I heard from the horses mouth on nbatv, that westbrick would still be out 1-2 months for the new season,

durants only window without westbrick to be alpha male on the team, front runner or possibility to win mvp the longer westbrick is out??

could see him winning scoring title though....

Bynumite
09-29-2013, 06:58 AM
Shut your whore mouth, you chink faggot.

TDMVPDPOY
09-29-2013, 09:29 AM
Shut your whore mouth, you chink faggot.

lol naruto loving fagot

RsxPiimp
09-29-2013, 10:19 AM
you probably right, after giving Lebron the MVP 4x the past 6 yrs the media is out to fin a new face to rep that shitty award.

My picks for this yr

Durant
Harden
Melo
Deron williams

TDMVPDPOY
09-29-2013, 11:32 AM
you probably right, after giving Lebron the MVP 4x the past 6 yrs the media is out to fin a new face to rep that shitty award.

My picks for this yr

Durant
Harden
Melo
Deron williams

lebron 2013 season was nothing amazing at all, seriously i dont buy that that bullshit coasting to +20wins, cause u must be doing something to get them 20wins, not like teams going to bend over and let you win it easy

same with the playoffs, they got pushed by pathetic teams in the early rounds,

in the finals he sucked monkey dick when the team didnt do anything, but when they started hitting shots he got involve, so it was more of the team effort or certain individuals stepping up that open up his game, not the other way around...yet the clown got the credit for it....the games he struggle had nothing to do with his team mates, it was him bricking a new house cause no one force him to take it upon himself to carry the load just like that fake hero on the sperms

deron williams is a joke that continues to be brought up in talks whether mvp or top pg in the league, yet the clown never delivers even when he had stacked teams...

DMC
09-29-2013, 02:21 PM
Durant won't ever get league MVP because he doesn't have the ability to carry a team. He's a phenomenal shooter, can attack the rim and all that, but his defense is average at best and he lacks leadership ability. RW has a better chance at MVP than Durant has.

TDMVPDPOY
09-29-2013, 02:28 PM
Durant won't ever get league MVP because he doesn't have the ability to carry a team. He's a phenomenal shooter, can attack the rim and all that, but his defense is average at best and he lacks leadership ability. RW has a better chance at MVP than Durant has.

problem with this as WB will be out for a1-2 months start of season, durant carrying the team like peja did with the kings when webber was out, dude was mvp candidate only to have t he alpha dog return destroy whatever chemistry team was playing without the alpha dog...this scenario is likely to happen with durant and westbrick when he returns

DMC
09-29-2013, 05:17 PM
problem with this as WB will be out for a1-2 months start of season, durant carrying the team like peja did with the kings when webber was out, dude was mvp candidate only to have t he alpha dog return destroy whatever chemistry team was playing without the alpha dog...this scenario is likely to happen with durant and westbrick when he returns

Durant won't get MVP. Someone else will have to step up and carry the load. Durant is a phenom, of that I have no doubt, but his false bravado in the post season sans RW was quickly stamped as insufficient funds.

Captivus
09-29-2013, 05:36 PM
The NBA is such a disaster, that even CP3 has a chance..."The best PG"....give me a break.
Deron? No way! Harden has more chances, a lot more, specially if they have a successful RS.
LBJ is the favorite for next season, but if I had to guess, maybe in 2-3 years players like Kirie and Wall will have a chance, if their teams acquire some talent to help them.
Deron....STOP IT!

TDMVPDPOY
09-29-2013, 09:24 PM
lebron is fav, but he has to do something spectacular eclipsing the previous seasons stats to even sniff that ass mvp

racm
09-29-2013, 09:27 PM
CP3 gonna get it with Doc and them shooters around tbh

Course they're just gonna be a slower version of the Nash Suns what with no elite defensive big man.

TDMVPDPOY
09-29-2013, 09:35 PM
CP3 gonna get it with Doc and them shooters around tbh

Course they're just gonna be a slower version of the Nash Suns what with no elite defensive big man.

cp3 better have good efficiency if he wants to win one like steve nash

D-Wade
09-29-2013, 11:01 PM
I hope D-Will has a return to form year. Loved his game back when he was in Mormon country. He was better than CPFlop back then even though somehow it was in doubt. Really disappointed with his play recently especially when he let Nate Robinson shit on him. On the one hand, nothing you could do to cool down a guy when he was hitting the shots he was hitting. On the other, after dropping 30 Deron only scored 2 pts from the end of the 4th quarter + 3OTs. Sad.

spurraider21
09-30-2013, 01:58 AM

oRLY? where has westbrook come in the mvp voting the past few years compared to Durant?

TDMVPDPOY
09-30-2013, 03:14 AM
i know tp the shitkent fake ass hero wannabe leader of the sperms better not get hype up again like the last 2 seasons in the mvp talk....cause sperms cant afford to opportunity costs another championship when hero mode is in play

DMC
09-30-2013, 05:00 AM
oRLY? where has westbrook come in the mvp voting the past few years compared to Durant?

He won't win it either, but with how OKC goes as he goes, and how overrated he is as a player and scorer, he's more apt to garner that level of attention over Durant.

Basically it's James then Carmelo then everyone else this season.

TDMVPDPOY
09-30-2013, 05:03 AM
CARMELO needs to finish above the heat to even have a chance

if knicks finish below heat, pacers, nets/bulls...htf is he goin to win?

OKC
09-30-2013, 09:42 AM
MVP is about as stupid and meaningless as being the scoring leader. Who really gives a shit? If you don't have the ring, what's the point really?

Leetonidas
09-30-2013, 10:08 AM
Spoken like a Lakerfan ^ :lol

spurraider21
09-30-2013, 10:18 AM
He won't win it either, but with how OKC goes as he goes, and how overrated he is as a player and scorer, he's more apt to garner that level of attention over Durant.

Basically it's James then Carmelo then everyone else this season.
sure, but to say Westbrook is more apt to garner that level of attention over Durant is ridiculous considering Durant regularly gets more attention and more votes in the MVP race

OKC
09-30-2013, 10:22 AM
Spoken like a Lakerfan ^ :lol

Ok. I mean, it's a nice award, whatever. Just stating my opinion. It's all about winning at the end of the day. To me, the MVP of the league should be limited to a player on the championship team. If your team didn't win the title, you shouldn't be the MVP.

Calispursfan11
09-30-2013, 10:23 AM
Although we've had our differences I tend to agree with my fellow elite DMC on this one.

Leetonidas
09-30-2013, 10:24 AM
But the award is for the Most Valuable Player, not the best player on a championship team. They have an award for that, it's called a Finals MVP. Now, do you really think that Tony Parker (2007 Finals MVP) was a better player or more valuable than Dirk Nowitzki (2007 MVP)? Was Chauncey Billups (2004 Finals MVP) even in the same stratosphere as Kevin Garnett (2004 MVP)?

resistanze
09-30-2013, 10:46 AM
Ok. I mean, it's a nice award, whatever. Just stating my opinion. It's all about winning at the end of the day. To me, the MVP of the league should be limited to a player on the championship team. If your team didn't win the title, you shouldn't be the MVP.

Yeah...it's called the NBA Finals MVP.

OKC
09-30-2013, 10:48 AM
But the award is for the Most Valuable Player, not the best player on a championship team. They have an award for that, it's called a Finals MVP. Now, do you really think that Tony Parker (2007 Finals MVP) was a better player or more valuable than Dirk Nowitzki (2007 MVP)? Was Chauncey Billups (2004 Finals MVP) even in the same stratosphere as Kevin Garnett (2004 MVP)?

I guess the MVP is awarded before the playoffs even really get going so in hindsight I guess my opinion is somewhat irrelevant. I still say it doesn't really carry much weight or relevance. A nice award and not to take away from those who have won, but I guess personally I tend to not really read much of anything on MVP races. I kind of lump it in with the scoring title, DOP award, 6th man, etc. Too much subjectivity in all of it.

OKC
09-30-2013, 10:49 AM
Yeah...it's called the NBA Finals MVP.

Well yeah, that's the MVP of a 7 game series. I was just saying I personally think they should hold off on announcing the MVP winner and granting it to a player on the championship team (which doesn't and won't happen). That wouldn't necessarily be the same player than wins the Finals MVP..but likely would usually be the same person.

Leetonidas
09-30-2013, 11:11 AM
I guess the MVP is awarded before the playoffs even really get going so in hindsight I guess my opinion is somewhat irrelevant. I still say it doesn't really carry much weight or relevance. A nice award and not to take away from those who have won, but I guess personally I tend to not really read much of anything on MVP races. I kind of lump it in with the scoring title, DOP award, 6th man, etc. Too much subjectivity in all of it.

But an MVP award almost certainly cements a spot in the HOF and generally I believe an MVP winner can be the best player on a title team. It's the highest individual award in basketball, the ring is a team achievement because you won't win a ring even if you are the GOAT unless you have some pieces around you

Clipper Nation
09-30-2013, 11:18 AM
The MVP is not irrelevant, it just recognizes individual greatness instead of team success (with a few exceptions, i.e. Kirby being gifted an MVP that he didn't deserve simply because Nash and Dirk won MVP's during his prime)....

OKC
09-30-2013, 12:38 PM
The MVP is not irrelevant, it just recognizes individual greatness instead of team success (with a few exceptions, i.e. Kirby being gifted an MVP that he didn't deserve simply because Nash and Dirk won MVP's during his prime)....

Yeah I guess so. It just seems individual greatness would be more prominent if you lacked a star supporting piece, at least in KD's situation. If KD played with Reggie Jackson instead of RW, he would be relied upon so heavily that he would be pressed to show his greatness night in and night out. It would be at the expense of his physical well being and at the expense of playing on a contending team. I'd venture to guess KD wouldn't want to be in that situation. I guess that's where my claim on it being at least somewhat irrelevant is.

resistanze
09-30-2013, 01:54 PM

Personally, I don't see the problem with recognizing the best players in the game, whether or not they make the finals. 29 teams each year don't win the championship so I don't see why every single aspect of the sport should boil down to the team that wins the title. Why not cancel the All-Star game & All-NBA Teams while we're at it?

OKC
09-30-2013, 03:15 PM
Personally, I don't see the problem with recognizing the best players in the game, whether or not they make the finals. 29 teams each year don't win the championship so I don't see why every single aspect of the sport should boil down to the team that wins the title. Why not cancel the All-Star game & All-NBA Teams while we're at it?

I didn't say I had a problem with it, just that I didn't personally put a lot of weight into it. I'm all for recognition, I guess the origin for me saying I thought it was "worthless" is based on the thread title..."Durant's only window for MVP is 13/14". Based on that..who really cares? I'm not sure if or how many MVP trophies the guy takes home is going to have a huge bearing on his place in the game. Like I said, I think it all boils down to wins and championships...and I guess that and the MVP kind of go hand in hand. There's probably no way OKC wins a title without KD eventually taking home an MVP as well, so I guess it all usually works out for the elite players at some point.

DMC
10-02-2013, 12:31 AM
sure, but to say Westbrook is more apt to garner that level of attention over Durant is ridiculous considering Durant regularly gets more attention and more votes in the MVP race
You put words in my mouth. I said he's more likely to win. You falsely equate that with more apt to get 2nd. He's not. If he does well enough to be 2nd, he'd be 1st especially if anyone here thinks Durant would have a shot, because that means Lebron is injured. RW would be more likely to win in that scenario. Durant gets 2nd because Lebron is the obvious MVP. Take Lebron out of the picture, RW knows Lebron is out and he's gunning for it if Carmelo doesn't have it locked up. Durant would give in to it.

spurraider21
10-02-2013, 12:33 AM
You put words in my mouth. I said he's more likely to win. You falsely equate that with more apt to get 2nd. He's not. If he does well enough to be 2nd, he'd be 1st especially if anyone here thinks Durant would have a shot, because that means Lebron is injured. RW would be more likely to win in that scenario. Durant gets 2nd because Lebron is the obvious MVP. Take Lebron out of the picture, RW knows Lebron is out and he's gunning for it if Carmelo doesn't have it locked up. Durant would give in to it.

that's a heck of an argument you make. the fact that Durant consistently finishes higher in MVP voting tells me he is more likely to win it. if not for LeBron, Durant would have had back to back mvp's right now, and RW wouldn't be sniffing one.

TDMVPDPOY
10-02-2013, 02:06 AM
I didn't say I had a problem with it, just that I didn't personally put a lot of weight into it. I'm all for recognition, I guess the origin for me saying I thought it was "worthless" is based on the thread title..."Durant's only window for MVP is 13/14". Based on that..who really cares? I'm not sure if or how many MVP trophies the guy takes home is going to have a huge bearing on his place in the game. Like I said, I think it all boils down to wins and championships...and I guess that and the MVP kind of go hand in hand. There's probably no way OKC wins a title without KD eventually taking home an MVP as well, so I guess it all usually works out for the elite players at some point.

i only drop truthbombs, and i only think this is his only window of opportunity, if he doesnt win...look for him to either bolt during FA or just another shit player during lebrons reigns

DMC
10-02-2013, 09:21 AM
that's a heck of an argument you make. the fact that Durant consistently finishes higher in MVP voting tells me he is more likely to win it. if not for LeBron, Durant would have had back to back mvp's right now, and RW wouldn't be sniffing one.

It's not that simple though. The MVP race doesn't occur in separate lanes. If the juggernaut falls, there would be a shuffling that goes on behind him for the lead. People who normally wouldn't be considered for MVP would suddenly be, and because OKC lost last season when RW went down, his value would be overrated. If he has a few 40pt nights, and if OKC struggles before RW's return (and flourishes a bit after), RW could be seen as the MVP just as Nash was when similar things happened to him.

DMC
10-02-2013, 09:23 AM
i only drop truthbombs, and i only think this is his only window of opportunity, if he doesnt win...look for him to either bolt during FA or just another shit player during lebrons reigns

Durant isn't going to ever be a shit player, ring or not. I don't know if he bolts or not, I wouldn't doubt it. RW, I could see him bolting for LA.

TDMVPDPOY
10-02-2013, 10:58 AM
Durant isn't going to ever be a shit player, ring or not. I don't know if he bolts or not, I wouldn't doubt it. RW, I could see him bolting for LA.

even if RW does bolt

i dont see KD wanting to stick around playing with the same bunch of morons from day 1, lol the bigs on his team who rely on fluke nights dont offer anything else on the table besides taking up 20m between the 2 of them

Rogue
10-02-2013, 07:22 PM
The East will be tougher than the west in the coming season imho, with the rises of NY and Brooklyn who're all well above their western counterparts like Memphis and Golden State in terms of talent level. So there'll be a good chance a western team finishes atop the league and if OKC end up being that team, the MVP trophy would most likely go to the hands of their real #1, which WestChuck is, just like how Nash won it when similar things happened in Phoenix like DMC said.